Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than death.

Use this philosophy forum to discuss and debate general philosophy topics that don't fit into one of the other categories.

This forum is NOT for factual, informational or scientific questions about philosophy (e.g. "What year was Socrates born?"). Those kind of questions can be asked in the off-topic section.
User avatar
Subatomic God
Posts: 1494
Joined: October 15th, 2013, 11:09 pm

Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than death.

Post by Subatomic God »

"Anti-social behavior is a sign of intelligence in a world full of conformists." - Nikola Tesla

Most people are like tiny vials that do not have enough space for air to compress against the glass, so they do not understand the concept of pressure. The few whom do understand the consequences of their actions, that which are namely depicted by mostly threatening individuals who could not handle the pressure, often call themselves dangerous; or "there's a monster inside me". Those that fail to understand this monster become it; those that prevail will become a teacher of not only Man, but Monster.

All signs of disobedience is a sign of break through. It matters how people deal with their unleashing. All rules, power, control, laws and focus points should be unheeded without warning, broken and replaced as concisely as atoms with every passing day; in an ever-changing environment where in both, chaos and peace emit a role.

A fire that is free, is a fire that can be contained; a fire that is contained, is a fire that should be feared.

Imagine having a pitbull as a pet. What would you fear most? A pitbull that is nice and loving - as it could change into a face-eating brain-dysfunction at any time? Or a pitbull that makes their true nature known far and true for all to see for themselves, so they can take appropriate precaution?

Which would you prefer? Danger you can see? Or danger that you cannot see?

This world will forever be a thorn in our sides, as long as moderators abuse their power; trolls are not punished for trashing people's threads. Instead, we should encourage our fellow people to remember when to take things as a joke; when to take things seriously.

In this day and age, psychopathy is the new future. Being told to hide your emotions; men do not cry; women are objects; fears, weaknesses and insecurities are projected unto everything and everyone; poetry being a sissy-activity; a society with a faith in the power houses that control said society over an odd influence that appears from the sea of infallible stasis; where in double standards, hypocrisies and envy thrive over sensibility, empathy and self-humility; a land of judgement, envy and power-trips intend to thwart the very traits of our humanity we require to expand and grow further down our psychical progression. If we keep people from crying, from feeling, from accepting their humanity, we are preventing the most dangerous of stars from dying, reforming into a super nova / black hole, to recreate new life that is unwavering, better formed and is more promising in having no chance to break down from a chemical fissure that lies beneath the surface of it all.

Remember: the man that stabbed your loved one; that shot your loved one; that took away from you, is the result of you encouraging a society which turns everyone into a ticking bomb waiting to combust into the very flames they could have faced; could have resolved, if they lived in a society where in psychopaths, moderators and trolls did not make it impossible for anyone to reach out with their humanity; their heart; their mind, to let go, because moderators, trolls and psychopaths are equivalent to dark energy; dark matter - they are the unformed, the ungiven; the unnamed; the unmade. Those that settle and shape themselves, are those that should be feared - not those that cannot stop themselves from breaking apart; from realizing the inner star within themselves that needs to let go, so it can create new beginnings through temporary destruction that can be controlled and understood. Heed not the lord; the king that sits upon his chair, with a power that merely resonates through the men he orders; heed the jester that took this dark age in his hands and turned it into a twisted irony that our intellectually-prone minds could fathom in a way our smiles and laughter portrayed solemnly.

Let the animals free - chain the chains. Oppress oppression. Silence silence. Suppress suppression. It's time for those that do not heed these words to forever know from this point on that no Man need not suppress, silence, oppress and chain any Man; lest they are not Man, but Un-Man; the Unmade; The Un-formed; The Un-Universe.

When you want control; you haven't got any; when you let go; you have it all.

All of hatred is the result of two things: envy and stupidity. Now, when most say "stupidity", they leave it at that as some blanket statement - I will expound on what I really mean by it. By saying so, I am saying that we live in a world where in people are so full of themselves, as they are hollow, that they have the nerve to judge death, itself. Let not judgment proceed any Man - for all results of judgment are advocated by the lack of process. For an example, if I fail at doing what I love, I may catch myself becoming upset with myself for failing; in turn I start criticizing everyone else's work like my own, because it's easier to judge others than it is to judge yourself. That's another reason why trolls, psychopaths and moderators should be left unheeded for eternity; you will never receive any form of wisdom, irony and communication when they do not have any self-humility, themselves. It is all about control, power, manipulation, judgment, credit or some other form of self-centered agenda to them. They do not have the traits of being reborn, and so, they remain primitive, wavering, dysfunctional, unresponsive to pressure and integrity, while showing no problem in reacting to above, as the brain still forms envy through that stupidity, which is the unformed, the unmade, the ungiven, the un-Man. The reason why?

The human mind is like bacteria; naive, but strives. When the few are faced with hardships, allowing themselves to become the diamonds amongst opals through heat and strength, the many that don't are faced with a circumstance where in they are challenged; forced to face a reality they never gave themselves a chance to. So whilst they are naive, they still strive. Think of how a turtle ends up on its back; it viciously rocks back and forth naively, but in that naivety, it strives. This is why a lot of children become better than their parents, but end up like their parents in the end. It's a vicious cycle where in life is no longer important - it's how important we feel in life. Parents do not listen to their children, and take back-talking as a form of disrespect, when in reality, it's a form of intelligence against the disrespecting parent for devaluing the ideas of their children. People refuse to be wrong, to fall, to let go of their pride and let in all, in spite of their own points of interests. The child's mind is very important, as it's where enthusiasm and imagination lives on through the dull prideful inferno we created as a society where in larceny beats family; money beats reality; luxury beats life and gain beats grace.

This is an era of psychopaths. A society that says it's for the people, as per the "the customer knows best", "we the people", "in your best interests", "we do what's best for you" messages every company, business or chair in the congress states simply to butter up the gullible and kittenish which make up the majority of this population, in every country. Good men die like dogs; drug cartels, child sex rings, government corruption - even our own people's corruption, are all answered by the sheer ear-piercing silence of how weak, technology-dependent, boot-kissing society turned out to be.

People dream in a nightmare; people wish in a world that took away our stars; people hope in a world of action, where in dreams can be made, nightmares can be prevented; in a world where stars are seen in the sky, or in our hearts; and hope is built upon action, rather than dry anticipation. It's time that we wake up and smell the thorns before the roses. It's time to attack the suits, the half-smiles, the practice of saying everything people want to hear. It's time that we lift these curtains and see the other half of the world, so we can deal with it accordingly. End the trolls - end the politicians - end the guards, moderators and sheep. Let people speak, and know when opposition - not suppression, infliction, silence or oppression - is needed in forms of words, not weapons. If someone is angry, let them be angry. Do not say "calm down". Understand them, as they are at that time. If someone has dark thoughts, work with them; do not fear their other side. It's time that we protect the natural animals, and put asleep the unnatural animals. Psychopathy must not live on; it is the product of humanity regressing. Everything is turning into a politically correct scenario - there's no emotion in these policies, which means that by encouraging these rules, we are taking away humanity and building a future for business and tyrants.

This world's hell, is our own hell. To eliminate it, we must assemble with integrity, enthusiasm, dual respect for both sides of nature, understanding, empathy, self-humility, determination and an undying passion, to face it all once and for all. Anybody can make changes after reading this by preventing their parents from taking control over their lives with scary threats - stand up. Anybody can make changes by protecting someone from a psychopath that feeds off of the ignorant and confused. Anybody can make changes by talking to people who hide in the corner, and seem distant from others - like stars, they shine brightest when there's no distractions, so again, do not heed the words of psychopathy that make them into monsters with no value or experience that should be called a thing and a monster, talk to them. Anybody can make changes by breaking rules, and still understanding the Universe's consequences based upon your actions affecting the butterfly effect. Anybody can make changes by disobeying and setting themselves free from the clutches of a psychopathic hierarchy that is designed to silence any voice that dares reveal their true nature. Anybody can make changes by facing their fears, their nightmares, their weaknesses, their insecurities, and helping others do the same after they fix their own, or at least acknowledging they share the same type. Anybody can make the greatest of all changes by simply letting go; to stop holding on; to start speaking with their mind, coloring their words and their world with their hearts to love soft enough to remember humanity and hard enough to fight for it.


Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than death.

-- Updated July 9th, 2014, 2:49 am to add the following --

This is the only time I will ever bump something up; it's for this thread's own good after some particular circumstances I had to deal with.
What do you call a cat wearing a turtle's shell on its back? A purpoise.
Philobot
Posts: 370
Joined: October 27th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Re: Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than dea

Post by Philobot »

I do think this thread does deserve an answer. I agree. And I disagree. Your wrath is justified from one point of view. And it is not from another.

Would it not be a sign of even greater intelligence to not judge our neighbours but to value them for what they are? Do they deserve the names we give them? The strong division between child and parent that we normally see, is it real? Is the child guiltless and the parent is not? Is it simple like that?

If someone is angry, let them be angry. True. The people you speak of are angry people. Thus it is not easy to not loathe them. But do we heed our own principles by doing so? Is it not obvious, even in a non-religious context, that to soothe the hatred outside of us, we must overcome the hatred in us?

We usually like to speak well of humility and then elevate ourselves above all and everything. I do not think humility a virtue nor egotistic self-indulgence a vice. When the world does not live up to our expectations, is the world wrong or are we?
User avatar
Misty
Contributor
Posts: 5934
Joined: August 10th, 2011, 8:13 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than dea

Post by Misty »

Starting out a topic with "Most people" is not believable as no one knows what "most people" think or do.
Things are not always as they appear; it's a matter of perception.

The eyes can only see what the mind has, is, or will be prepared to comprehend.

I am Lion, hear me ROAR! Meow.
Philobot
Posts: 370
Joined: October 27th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Re: Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than dea

Post by Philobot »

We may not know what anybody else is thinking, but we can very well see what the actions are, which is, as one might reasonably argue, even better than having a direct insight in the private thoughts of another: What we think and what we do more often than not are two quite loosely dependent events. The causality between the two may not be as simple as common sense dictates.
User avatar
Misty
Contributor
Posts: 5934
Joined: August 10th, 2011, 8:13 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than dea

Post by Misty »

Philobot wrote:We may not know what anybody else is thinking, but we can very well see what the actions are, which is, as one might reasonably argue, even better than having a direct insight in the private thoughts of another: What we think and what we do more often than not are two quite loosely dependent events. The causality between the two may not be as simple as common sense dictates.
We can see the actions of others but on a small scale, not on a scale of "Most people." (how many people would 'most people' be out of 7 billion people?
Things are not always as they appear; it's a matter of perception.

The eyes can only see what the mind has, is, or will be prepared to comprehend.

I am Lion, hear me ROAR! Meow.
User avatar
Subatomic God
Posts: 1494
Joined: October 15th, 2013, 11:09 pm

Re: Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than dea

Post by Subatomic God »

Philobot wrote:I do think this thread does deserve an answer. I agree. And I disagree. Your wrath is justified from one point of view. And it is not from another.

Would it not be a sign of even greater intelligence to not judge our neighbours but to value them for what they are? Do they deserve the names we give them? The strong division between child and parent that we normally see, is it real? Is the child guiltless and the parent is not? Is it simple like that?

If someone is angry, let them be angry. True. The people you speak of are angry people. Thus it is not easy to not loathe them. But do we heed our own principles by doing so? Is it not obvious, even in a non-religious context, that to soothe the hatred outside of us, we must overcome the hatred in us?

We usually like to speak well of humility and then elevate ourselves above all and everything. I do not think humility a virtue nor egotistic self-indulgence a vice. When the world does not live up to our expectations, is the world wrong or are we?
It is imperative that we stop allowing people so much freedom to do nothing with it. We must criticize, speak truth, explain things on a harsh, but harmless level. People are like opals / diamonds, it depends on how much inferno formed them that indicates what they will become. That is why all the great people have faced great hardships, made great breakthroughs and a great future based entirely on reflecting back on their decisions and how much strength, integrity and being they poured into their circumstances, which stood against them to get to the point they are at now.

If people keep having comfort handed to them, respect for no reason in spite of their consequential actions, having freedom to do what doesn't matter, and don't do what truly matters on a grander scale, being told what they want to hear, or some other enabling, this world will always and forever be a playground for children that will continue to ruin this entire world for us, and our future children who do have the potential to be several times over more intelligent, more concise, more honest, with more humility, more thinking, less reacting, and so on. So much potential is ruined when this entire politically correct world is preventing the process of becoming new men in a spacial complex designed to destroy and build again. People need to face hardships, or they will never face themselves.

-- Updated July 10th, 2014, 3:29 pm to add the following --
Misty wrote:Starting out a topic with "Most people" is not believable as no one knows what "most people" think or do.
That's why more than 50% people believe the sun isn't a star?

That's why we have the most absurd politicians voted in office?

That's why we have wars that exist solely because sheep, not the herders? That are in the thousands and millions?

That's why there's only a "handful" of great minds that make things happen, rather than watch what happened, or wonder what happened?

I did not say "everybody" - that's when you make your response. Not for "most people", because it is undoubtably "most".
What do you call a cat wearing a turtle's shell on its back? A purpoise.
Philobot
Posts: 370
Joined: October 27th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Re: Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than dea

Post by Philobot »

Let us say it plainly: This is one of the "people are stupid and I know it better" threads you have opened up. And, well, the plain answer is, yes of course they are! People are stupid! Great news! Phew!! Are we not glad we got that out of our system? Now what? Let us smarten up mankind by showing them how clever we are? Let us become a scientist and show them how to live the real life? Just to see in the end that we never had the "real life"? That sounds really stupid to me.

There have been a great many of these threads in this forum so far. Why? Because what you feel is what very many other, mostly clever and probably young, people feel too. "I am so clever and people are so stupid to not believe in my cleverness" and so on. It smacks heavily of the lonely intellectual who feels unloved.

These people get hubris because they usually really are more intelligent than the average kind. They are knowledgable and thus have become infected with some sort of scientific arrogance. As a result, they are rather the bold and self-assured scientific type than the typical philosopher which is awe-stricken and mouth gaping when he faces the complexity of the universe. If you are one of the more intelligent specimens, you will eventualy realize that what you know more than the average is, on the grand scale, not much to write home about.

Hubris often is a result of exaggerated belief in authority. The authority that you conjure up to judge mankind and its stupidity is not your authority, it is the authority of others, that of the "great men". You would probably be surprised how clueless Einstein still was about the true nature of the universe. But you probably belief in his greatness because he invented relativity theory. However, regarding the great questions, questions of which you seem to know the answers exactly somehow, he still was as clueless as anybody else. Just because one can invent an atom bomb he is not god or something. It still is shoving bricks on a grander scale. It needs true intelligence to realize the smallness of ones own mind, and if you attentively read the quotes of these great men, you will eventually see that they were great not least because they knew of their smallness.

*** Misty: Of course we usually do not know how some tribe in Timbuktu Africa acts in their culture, i.e. if we do not study that tribe (anthropologists however do and tell us if we want to hear). But we have a pretty good view of the actions of the people who live in our own culture, and we also know what is expected of us through social conditioning.
User avatar
Misty
Contributor
Posts: 5934
Joined: August 10th, 2011, 8:13 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than dea

Post by Misty »

Dictionary meaning of most: 1) majority of 2) greatest 3) to the greatest or very great degree 4) (n) greatest amount 5) (pronoun) greatest number or part.o

One cannot know the hearts of most of the people. Peoples hearts change so who could keep up? How many friends or loved ones have you thought you knew their heart only to learn you have been betrayed, or you drift apart because of difference of opinion?
Things are not always as they appear; it's a matter of perception.

The eyes can only see what the mind has, is, or will be prepared to comprehend.

I am Lion, hear me ROAR! Meow.
Philobot
Posts: 370
Joined: October 27th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Re: Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than dea

Post by Philobot »

Misty,
You seem not to differentiate character and opinion. People change their opinions, sometimes every day, they do not change their innate character though.

If we are dismissed by someone we thought to know better, we might blame this on a change of character, instead of opinion, but the deeper reason why we do this is because we do not want to see our already harmed self-image further stained by admitting that we lacked knowledge of human nature, and that we overestimated opinion.
User avatar
Subatomic God
Posts: 1494
Joined: October 15th, 2013, 11:09 pm

Re: Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than dea

Post by Subatomic God »

Philobot wrote:Let us say it plainly: This is one of the "people are stupid and I know it better" threads you have opened up. And, well, the plain answer is, yes of course they are! People are stupid! Great news! Phew!! Are we not glad we got that out of our system? Now what? Let us smarten up mankind by showing them how clever we are? Let us become a scientist and show them how to live the real life? Just to see in the end that we never had the "real life"? That sounds really stupid to me.

There have been a great many of these threads in this forum so far. Why? Because what you feel is what very many other, mostly clever and probably young, people feel too. "I am so clever and people are so stupid to not believe in my cleverness" and so on. It smacks heavily of the lonely intellectual who feels unloved.

These people get hubris because they usually really are more intelligent than the average kind. They are knowledgable and thus have become infected with some sort of scientific arrogance. As a result, they are rather the bold and self-assured scientific type than the typical philosopher which is awe-stricken and mouth gaping when he faces the complexity of the universe. If you are one of the more intelligent specimens, you will eventualy realize that what you know more than the average is, on the grand scale, not much to write home about.

Hubris often is a result of exaggerated belief in authority. The authority that you conjure up to judge mankind and its stupidity is not your authority, it is the authority of others, that of the "great men". You would probably be surprised how clueless Einstein still was about the true nature of the universe. But you probably belief in his greatness because he invented relativity theory. However, regarding the great questions, questions of which you seem to know the answers exactly somehow, he still was as clueless as anybody else. Just because one can invent an atom bomb he is not god or something. It still is shoving bricks on a grander scale. It needs true intelligence to realize the smallness of ones own mind, and if you attentively read the quotes of these great men, you will eventually see that they were great not least because they knew of their smallness.
Instead of making this about hubris, why don't you see that this is about the issues? This will always be about the issues. People being still stupid - after others allegedly writing the same depth as I have on the matter who have stated the same thing - is the very reason why it should be re-stated onwards to the ends of time until someone masters the language of "people-need-to-be-practicalized".

This is not about being better, or knowing something people don't. That's trivial - and I do not like trivial. This is on the scale of the grand Universe, so why are you only able to manage trivial matters out of what is a grand issue? I have elaborated on these issues through years of analysis, and I hope that you can treat it better than grade-school responses. I have yet to see these people touching on passive-aggressive in the detail I have; I have yet to see people touching on the behavioral similarities between Man's life and a star's life; I have yet to see anyone touch on such massive issues with great detail while holding onto the duality of the Universe, with such confidence and control over the complex.

It's irritating that I write everything as I did, and the responses I get are trivial. Use your brain, not your hearts. When you don't understand something, just say it - don't hide it by picking at the small things and pretending you understand any of it. Address the big picture. You know, like where I relate these issues to politics, child-sex rings, terrible parents, the big issues that don't deserve the old label, because old issues cause new issues. This is not a game for people to call first in a subject; then when anybody else talks about it, they don't have the same value because someone else already said it - no, I will not tolerate this childish game. This is very serious; treat it seriously. I do not care that an issue has been going on for X decades - the longer it goes on, the deeper we are shamed as a species!

Let's just sum this up, shall we? People are willing to believe ghosts, goblins and gods over my mutual suggestions. People are willing to accuse me of hubris, intentional or not, over politicians, business top dogs and parents that abuse their parental guidance. Well, there's something mighty wrong about this; I suspect social engineering is where it all starts. But that's just my arrogant and non-believable consensus.
What do you call a cat wearing a turtle's shell on its back? A purpoise.
Philobot
Posts: 370
Joined: October 27th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Re: Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than dea

Post by Philobot »

Well, as for me, and clear as day in this case, hubris is the issue, and thus the issue is a non-issue.

Speaking about practical things: Go on, tell people that they are stupid and they will only think that you are, and with good reason. That is a very simple rule of life. That a rule is trivial does not necessarily mean that it is stupid. The same goes for people. Wisdom is not intelligence. Sometimes people who seem trivial and do not engage in big intellectual talk are most wise.

You will find out soon enough. Hopefully you will not blame it all on stupid people, and learn to listen.
User avatar
Subatomic God
Posts: 1494
Joined: October 15th, 2013, 11:09 pm

Re: Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than dea

Post by Subatomic God »

Philobot wrote:Well, as for me, and clear as day in this case, hubris is the issue, and thus the issue is a non-issue.

Speaking about practical things: Go on, tell people that they are stupid and they will only think that you are, and with good reason. That is a very simple rule of life. That a rule is trivial does not necessarily mean that it is stupid. The same goes for people. Wisdom is not intelligence. Sometimes people who seem trivial and do not engage in big intellectual talk are most wise.

You will find out soon enough. Hopefully you will not blame it all on stupid people, and learn to listen.
The world is regressing at lightning speed, and somehow you have truly convinced yourself of this logic? It clearly hasn't worked for the entire time humanity has existed - it's not going to work any time soon, either. Your logic is based on the reasons why great minds wasted their intuition on idiocy, rather than work on more intelligence. Great minds could have done much greater things with what knowledge they had absorbed, but they were cleaning up people's mess that share your logic. That doesn't look good for you. Being stupid does not mean you're wise - it means you are preventing wisdom.

Ignorance is pre-development. It is what could be, but has yet to be. It is dark energy, that encircles itself, like hatred; like fear.

Nobody that does not have big intellectual talks are most wise - they are the most regressed. You only say this, because you are rationalizing things that should never be rationalized. You do not understand my wall of text, so you make up stories about hubris and what intellect is, instead of keeping this on topic; addressing what needs to be addressed.

Man fears what they do not understand; when forced to face the unknown, they create stories to define the unknown, rather than allowing the unknown to define them.
What do you call a cat wearing a turtle's shell on its back? A purpoise.
User avatar
Parametheus
Posts: 111
Joined: April 5th, 2014, 4:15 pm

Re: Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than dea

Post by Parametheus »

I don't pretend to understand all you've said. Besides it would take ages to address each issue. But I might find some agreement with you when I look at my life's journey. I was born into an abusive household with abusive parents. It damaged me severely. From the age that I could begin to understand myself and take control of my mind I have worked on my recovery. But as it happened, I was traumatised later in life and I had to go through it all again.

Speaking for myself, the answers you seek come from within. It is the journey towards maturity and wisdom that addresses the problems of the world. Constant learning and research into one's own experiences. Philosophising and theorising. Of course, I speak from my own personality, but I sense that we are not dissimilar.

I have a blog if you are interested in any of my reflections - http://www.deepesthinker.com

God bless.
User avatar
Subatomic God
Posts: 1494
Joined: October 15th, 2013, 11:09 pm

Re: Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than dea

Post by Subatomic God »

Parametheus wrote:I don't pretend to understand all you've said. Besides it would take ages to address each issue. But I might find some agreement with you when I look at my life's journey. I was born into an abusive household with abusive parents. It damaged me severely. From the age that I could begin to understand myself and take control of my mind I have worked on my recovery. But as it happened, I was traumatised later in life and I had to go through it all again.

Speaking for myself, the answers you seek come from within. It is the journey towards maturity and wisdom that addresses the problems of the world. Constant learning and research into one's own experiences. Philosophising and theorising. Of course, I speak from my own personality, but I sense that we are not dissimilar.

I have a blog if you are interested in any of my reflections - http://www.deepesthinker.com

God bless.
I thank you for your patience in understanding the mutual discussion at hand, as it's a breath of air from the trivial rhetoric earlier. Would you mind discussing the issues individually with me, and in due time, all will be better analyzed and assessed?
What do you call a cat wearing a turtle's shell on its back? A purpoise.
User avatar
Parametheus
Posts: 111
Joined: April 5th, 2014, 4:15 pm

Re: Life is not worth living, when you fear it more than dea

Post by Parametheus »

Let us examine conformity. Do you follow a leader or do you think for yourself? What is your compass?

When I was abused as a child I did not develop a sense of self. I had no idea who or what I was. I tried every conceivable thing under the stars before I began to reason for myself. Sex, drugs, and food. Just to name a few of the things that I would use to bring me pleasure that would fill my emptiness. I explored every religion, self help books, Oprah, and so on until I started to look at the detail of my life.

I started to examine every decision made by me and those around me. I started to look for truth. I found that I had the ability to heal my pain and in doing so I would construct a sense of self that helped guide me through life.

I learned that mine and the world's desire for material wealth was a complete waste of time and I formulated my own ideas about values and the need for balance between the natural environment, society or people, technology, economy, and culture (religion, philosophy and arts).

I rejected obedience to cults of personality such as Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad, and L. Ron Hubbard (Scientology). I became a critically thinking person who could debate most issues. Every time I read a scholarly book or article I found I could develop a coherent argument. I no longer needed to conform. I became free.
Post Reply

Return to “General Philosophy”

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
by Dr Frank L Douglas
August 2021

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts
by Mark L. Wdowiak
September 2021

The Preppers Medical Handbook

The Preppers Medical Handbook
by Dr. William W Forgey M.D.
October 2021

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
by Dr. Gustavo Kinrys, MD
November 2021

Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir

Dream For Peace
by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah
December 2021