I don't understand the perceived threat of transgender

Use this philosophy forum to discuss and debate general philosophy topics that don't fit into one of the other categories.

This forum is NOT for factual, informational or scientific questions about philosophy (e.g. "What year was Socrates born?"). Those kind of questions can be asked in the off-topic section.
Burning ghost

Re: I don't understand the perceived threat of transgender

Post by Burning ghost »

Spectrum -
If you agree something need to be done [in the future], then the optimal strategy is to deal with the transgenders not the majority's anti-transgender views.
Or the small minority who possess anti-transgender views? Or the small minority who possess anti-homosexual views?

Naturally born anti-transgender?? That is not only a bold claim it is a ridiculous one. Care to back it up with a balance of evidence for and against such a strange view?
AKA badgerjelly
Spectrum
Favorite Philosopher: Eclectic -Various

Post by Spectrum »

Burning ghost wrote:Spectrum -
If you agree something need to be done [in the future], then the optimal strategy is to deal with the transgenders not the majority's anti-transgender views.
Or the small minority who possess anti-transgender views? Or the small minority who possess anti-homosexual views?

Naturally born anti-transgender?? That is not only a bold claim it is a ridiculous one. Care to back it up with a balance of evidence for and against such a strange view?
Evolutionary ALL humans are endowed with a neural algorithm to perceive any thing that is not the norm as a threat. What is norm can be evolutionary [nature] or nurture. Our concern is those norms of nature.
Note ordinary humans will be alerted [as threat] if one skin when felt is not normal, e.g. not smooth with a bump [could be some disease etc.]. This perception of threat from abnormality is extended to nature based sex and gender [evolved from billions of years], e.g. the transgenders.

I stated ALL humans has such a neural program to perceive threats arising from abnormalities [due to nature] and they are active in various degrees from 1% to 99.99% [high].
If a 'small' 10% of ALL humans has high [say 90-99%] sensitivity as anti-transgenders, then there are 700 millions of them. So a small minority is a significant quantum of 700 million.
What about the lesser active [say 50% degree] anti-transgender who whilst lesser but they are still problematic. If they account for 50%, then there is a quantum of 3.5 billion to deal with.

It is the same for anti-homosexual views. One difference is homosexuality is not so obvious to sight as compared to the transgenders' obvious expressions whose physical sex and gender identity is mixed up.

Small?? 700 million is not small! and that is extendable to 3.5 billion for those with 50% degree of anti-transgenderism.
Not-a-theist. Religion is a critical necessity for humanity now, but not the FUTURE.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Anti-transgender is nothing more than prejudice.

Anti-transgender sentiments can not be morally or logically justified in any way. Such a completely dotty, obscure and idiotic phobia is no doubt itself a sickness, perhaps one we should address in its own thread? Perhaps call it What to Do About the Mental and Emotion Problems of Transphobes and Homophobes? Perhaps we can teach them to use their minds for positive purposes rather than circling in toxic loops about what is, in truth, utterly, mind-numbingly trivial.

Meanwhile, despite the wish of many that diversity not exist, the good news is that nature remains diverse.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Greta wrote:Anti-transgender is nothing more than prejudice.

Anti-transgender sentiments can not be morally or logically justified in any way. Such a completely dotty, obscure and idiotic phobia is no doubt itself a sickness, perhaps one we should address in its own thread? Perhaps call it What to Do About the Mental and Emotion Problems of Transphobes and Homophobes? Perhaps we can teach them to use their minds for positive purposes rather than circling in toxic loops about what is, in truth, utterly, mind-numbingly trivial.
Regardless of prejudice or whatever, transgenders [grouped with gays] are thrown off tall buildings, they are humiliated, tortured, bullied by the anti-transgender.
It is not easy to teach or change something that is inherited and ingrained from billions of years of evolution, especially the hardcore anti-transgender.
Meanwhile, despite the wish of many that diversity not exist, the good news is that nature remains diverse.
I believe diversity is critical to survival, note germ theory. Without diversity in dealing with germs resistance, the human species would have been extinct by disease long ago.

The issue of 'trangenderism' is not a topic of diversity in the positive sense but rather is a birth defect due to the wrong connections of the physical module with the gender module. This is a problem of bad wirings, miswired.
Here is a discussion on bad wiring in general.

It is like synaesthesia where certain neurons of say sight/visual is wrongly connected with the sound/audio neurons. This is a birth defect or after birth defect of an error of neural connections.

My point is at present we do not have the competence to deal or correct Bad Wiring in the brain due to its complexity. So we have to content with the stronger of the contending voices whatever that may be.

I am optimistic in the future humanity will have the ability [given the trend of the exponential expansion of knowledge at present] to prevent and correct bad wirings as with transgenders cases without side effects and is fool proof. So why not accept such capabilities in the Future, not now.
Not-a-theist. Religion is a critical necessity for humanity now, but not the FUTURE.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Spectrum wrote:Regardless of prejudice or whatever, transgenders [grouped with gays] are thrown off tall buildings, they are humiliated, tortured, bullied by the anti-transgender.
These are crimes like any other. Let's not blame the victim for "provoking" by virtue of existing.
Spectrum wrote:... hardcore anti-transgender.
Aka gender dysphoria in denial.
Spectrum wrote:The issue of 'trangenderism' is not a topic of diversity in the positive sense but rather is a birth defect due to the wrong connections of the physical module with the gender module.
Like autism? Bipolar? Schizophrenia? BPD? Depression and anxiety? Paranoia?

I think transgenderism simply makes sense. You have the very most manly men and the very most feminine women, with the rest in between. Right in the middle are the very most androgynous people. Such a scale (Bell curve) can be plotted for physical, mental and emotional characteristics. No doubt, given the rigidity that remains from the patriarchies of the past, androgynous people will at some stage find their gender role terribly uncomfortable, forcing them into having to constantly play-act their lives. In other words, they may not feel safe being themselves.

Yet what do any of us have, if not ourselves? What an awful thing to have to live one's entire life as a performance, with some people never being able to let their guard down. How damaging to never be allowed authenticity! It would be akin to being a celebrity or politician without the buffering of money, status and fame. This, of course, occurs in many domains of life - not just gender - where eschewing authenticity (and its many benefits) is necessary for survival or thrival. However, gender would surely be amongst the most difficult things to compartmentalise; it's basic.

To impose norms on those who slip between the cracks looks like a death sentence by a thousand emotional cuts. I suppose, then, the "problem" would go away ...
Spectrum wrote:I am optimistic in the future humanity will have the ability [given the trend of the exponential expansion of knowledge at present] to prevent and correct bad wirings as with transgenders cases without side effects and is fool proof. So why not accept such capabilities in the Future, not now.
I don't like it. The problem with limiting diversity is that we would then lose people potentially capable of truly objectively assessing gender roles and gender relations. We live in a eusocial society, and in a eusocial society homogeneity is a poison because such societies rely on diverse members to fill uncommon niches. The more you normalise, the more you lose both scope and creativity.

I think that the transgender problem will only be solved when we solve the gender problem.

The gender problem will only be solved when the sex obsession problem is solved. Simply, getting primitive and messy with another human is accorded far too much importance and status. None of that will be fixed until we fix the body problem - the fact that we have bodies whose urges make a mockery of our grandiose claims for humanity. Thus, the progress will occur when/if we transcend our biological bodies.

In the meantime many will continue to be disturbed by the fact that people can vary quite a bit. So those variable people will continue to be thrown off buildings and whatnot, as as always been the case in Abrahamic societies. Societies not based on Christianity or Islam are usually much more relaxed about sexuality and gender, with many of them apportioning more than two genders, which is in fact in line with nature.
Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost »

Spectrum -

WOW! Just ... WOW!

I am speechless! Can you see why?
AKA badgerjelly
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Greta wrote:
Spectrum wrote:The issue of 'trangenderism' is not a topic of diversity in the positive sense but rather is a birth defect due to the wrong connections of the physical module with the gender module.
Like autism? Bipolar? Schizophrenia? BPD? Depression and anxiety? Paranoia?
Like I had stated, it more like synaesthesia, color blind, down syndrome, extreme OCD, speech disorders, etc. and those related to case of significant bad wirings, miswired, cross-wirings, etc..

As for diversity, there is possibility hundreds, thousands of human variables that are exposed to be diversified but there is only a problem if it is raised in society and evident as the problem of the transgenders -re raised in this OP. We have a diversity of people having different interests in sports, job, hobbies, etc. which are not a big issue.
I think transgenderism simply makes sense. You have the very most manly men and the very most feminine women, with the rest in between. Right in the middle are the very most androgynous people. Such a scale (Bell curve) can be plotted for physical, mental and emotional characteristics. No doubt, given the rigidity that remains from the patriarchies of the past, androgynous people will at some stage find their gender role terribly uncomfortable, forcing them into having to constantly play-act their lives. In other words, they may not feel safe being themselves.
What make sense is the physical sex gender continuum.
I don't see you accounting for the following features and events;

1. Physical Features
The most physical manly macho men will be at one end of the continuum and the most feminine physical woman at the other extreme. In the middle are the heamophrodites of various degrees with mix physical sexual features. This obviously make sense.

2. Mental and Emotional
Then we have the most mental and emotional continuum, from the most manly mental and emotional on one end to the most feminine on the other end. This also make sense.

The most normal connection will be;
most physical manly macho men [1] with most manly mental and emotional [2].
This obvious make sense.

then we have the variations, i.e.
most physical manly macho men [1] with 50% of manly mental and emotional [2]
most physical manly macho men [1] with 10% of manly mental and emotional [2]
The latter are those classified as sissy men who may cross-dress but are not transgenders per se.
So these still make sense along the continuum.

The above are on the right track of connectivity,
but there would be a mismatch and bad wirings if we have
the most physical manly macho men [1] with 10% of the feminine mental and emotional [2]
the most physical manly macho men [1] with 99% of the feminine mental and emotional [2]

Note the combination in the different colors.

One good example of a highly physical man connected with a high degree of feminine-ness is Caitlin Jenner whose athleticism in the Pentathalon exemplify the highest male sport who has transform physically and is expressing herself mentally and emotionally as a woman.

Thus when there is a combination [bad wirings] of
1. Sexual Physical features with
2. Mental, psychological, emotional of the opposite sex,
then there is a bad wiring and "transgenderism" per se.

This bad wirings is a case of birth defect which imo can be prevent or corrected when in the future we have the knowledge and competence [no side effects, fool proof, voluntary] to do so.
Belindi

Post by Belindi »

Spectrum wrote:
The problems of transgender is a wrong connection of the physical with basic gender. Thus this is more like birth defect that has significant psychological consequences to the individual and society. [the naturally born anti-transgender]. It is because of these potential negative consequences that it is optimal to prevent and correct such a birth defect.

I believe strongly in diversity, e.g. height, skin color, different competences, skills, interests, etc. etc. These are not significant birth defects. There are people who are born with abnormal faces, other physical abnormalities, etc. would you insist they remain the same if there are means of plastic surgery or face transplant are available.

I also believe the psychological consequences is greater with birth defects that affect the mental and psychological well being of the person, e.g. a transgender person.
What is "basic gender"? Have we also "basic Republican" and "basic Democrat"? Is a baby born as a tiny Republican, or as a little Transgender person?

Elective plastic surgery is provided by the National Health Service when the patient is suffering or when their life is in danger. Certainly plastic surgery to repair terrible traumas or diseases is provided. I have nursed such patients. There is a sliding scale of what traumas or defects justify elective or/ and necessary plastic surgery . At the lower end of the scale of need I had the vet remove a wart from the eyelid of a dog who I adopted from a shelter, as I thought it marred the dog's beauty. This was a minor operation under general anaesthetic ,which I could afford to pay for.
Annski
New Trial Member

Post by Annski »

People see it as change, and change is scary. It also threatens the notion that gender is a simple matter of two solid categories, which is comfortable and ties into making life simpler for many people. It's much easier to find your role in life if society can just tell you what to do and who to be, so you avoid a lot of the digging deep and struggling forming your identity means. Having that simple system of two genders with roles attached to them also allows you to tell others what to do, how to be, and what to think, which again is extremely comfortable especially for the leaders of society. If you can change your perceived gender then suddenly the system is forced to change your role too, taking power away from them. And losing power is terrifying, power also happens to be core of what war is about. They might see the fight for trans rights as a fight against the system that gives them and their own lifestyles power, which might by extension feel like a war against them.

Since I was a child I've always just assumed that the world is complicated beyond my understanding so it was extremely easy for me to embrace that there being two genders and two sexes is an oversimplification, I mean why on earth would nature care in the slightest about our desires and needs? Hell even our own brains and biology does weird **** up things all the time that do nothing but complicate things. I can however with a little bit of imagination step into the shoes of those people to whom it's too scary to think the way I do, and I think that's the bottom line of transphobia. ****'s scary because it's difficult and complicated.
-0+

Post by -0+ »

Belindi wrote:You should address gender problems, physiological sex problems, and sexual orienatation problems separately.
Greta wrote:I think that the transgender problem will only be solved when we solve the gender problem.
If the gender problem needs to be solved before the transgender can be solved, then perhaps it will help to address the gender problem first?

What exactly is the gender problem?

Perceived threats of the opposite gender? Perceived threats of the same gender?

Are any of these perceived threats real?

If any of these threats are real and it is accepted that the transgender problem is an offshoot of the gender problem, are there any reasons to conclude that any perceived threat of transgender is not real?

Understanding perceived (real or imaginary) threats associated with gender may be key to understanding the perceived threat of transgender.

Another things to consider ... Gender roles that are most effective for a population can change significantly as the population changes, grows. etc. Problems can occur if: some people are slower to adapt to role changes than others; some people cling to old roles that have become less effective; some people push for new role changes before they are most effective for the population; and people do not tolerate others who adapt to role changes at a different pace than they do.

-- Updated 17 Aug 2017, 09:57 to add the following --

Correction at top: " ... before the transgender problem can be solved ..."
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

-0+ wrote:
Belindi wrote:You should address gender problems, physiological sex problems, and sexual orienatation problems separately.
Greta wrote:I think that the transgender problem will only be solved when we solve the gender problem.
If the gender problem needs to be solved before the transgender can be solved, then perhaps it will help to address the gender problem first?

:lol: Agreed. That was my point. None of these things are great problems, just more of the perennially unresolved stuff of life.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Belindi wrote:Spectrum wrote:
The problems of transgender is a wrong connection of the physical with basic gender. Thus this is more like birth defect that has significant psychological consequences to the individual and society. [the naturally born anti-transgender]. It is because of these potential negative consequences that it is optimal to prevent and correct such a birth defect.

I believe strongly in diversity, e.g. height, skin color, different competences, skills, interests, etc. etc. These are not significant birth defects. There are people who are born with abnormal faces, other physical abnormalities, etc. would you insist they remain the same if there are means of plastic surgery or face transplant are available.

I also believe the psychological consequences is greater with birth defects that affect the mental and psychological well being of the person, e.g. a transgender person.
What is "basic gender"? Have we also "basic Republican" and "basic Democrat"? Is a baby born as a tiny Republican, or as a little Transgender person?

Elective plastic surgery is provided by the National Health Service when the patient is suffering or when their life is in danger. Certainly plastic surgery to repair terrible traumas or diseases is provided. I have nursed such patients. There is a sliding scale of what traumas or defects justify elective or/ and necessary plastic surgery . At the lower end of the scale of need I had the vet remove a wart from the eyelid of a dog who I adopted from a shelter, as I thought it marred the dog's beauty. This was a minor operation under general anaesthetic ,which I could afford to pay for.
I have stated this ground many times.

As observed;
  • 1. No living things emerged to be extinct immediately by choice or as programmed by evolution.
    2. As such the inferred purpose of living is to survive and preserve the species.
    3. Human beings has evolved to produce the next generation to ensure 2 by sexual reproduction.
The above is a 4 billion years encoded program inherited from our ancestors.

To meet the objectives of 3 i.e. sexual reproduction and parental care of the children it is noticeable there are two distinct patterns of 'male' and 'female' human beings as differentiated by their physical and mental [psychological emotional] expressions.
Thus what we have among the majority are two distinct set gender-physical and gender-mental. These are the basic gender characteristics, i.e. male or female physical and mental characteristics as observed in the majority.

The majority of male will have masculine qualities while the majority of females will have feminine qualities.For example the typical male has a higher level of testosterone and thus in general more aggressive than the female gender. This is an evolved trait because the males are evolved to defend the tribe. Thus 'aggression' [various degrees] is one typical trait of the male "basic gender".

The testosterone levels in females which is generally very low can also vary and increase in a small percentile of females. These 'some' females with higher testosterone levels will be more aggressive than the typical females but we can claim general 'aggression' is a trait of females. They are only a minority.

Some females [with low testosterone] will act aggressive as influenced or habituated by their social surrounding. Again they are a minority. You leveraged on social and political ideological factors but these are only effecting a small minority of feminists. There is a silent majority of females out there living a 'normal' female life.

In the case of the transgenders, that is due to a bad brain wiring between the basic physical gender and the basic mental gender. This is the basic transgender. This bad wiring is generally due to a birth defect. Birth defects can be prevented or corrected when we have the competence to do so.
"basic Republican" and "basic Democrat"
There is a possibility a hardcore [basic Republican] could be due to brain wiring but this is not a case of bad wiring. This is like a hardcore mathematician whose analytical brain wires are well connected in contrast to one whose creative brain wires are better connected.

-- Updated Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:16 pm to add the following --
[b]-0+[/b] wrote:If the gender problem needs to be solved before the transgender can be solved, then perhaps it will help to address the gender problem first?

If any of these threats are real and it is accepted that the transgender problem is an offshoot of the gender problem, are there any reasons to conclude that any perceived threat of transgender is not real?

Understanding perceived (real or imaginary) threats associated with gender may be key to understanding the perceived threat of transgender.

Another things to consider ... Gender roles that are most effective for a population can change significantly as the population changes, grows. etc. Problems can occur if: some people are slower to adapt to role changes than others; some people cling to old roles that have become less effective; some people push for new role changes before they are most effective for the population; and people do not tolerate others who adapt to role changes at a different pace than they do.

-- Updated 17 Aug 2017, 09:57 to add the following --

Correction at top: " ... before the transgender problem can be solved ..."
I have stated many times.
The transgender issue is reducible to two inherited encoded programs in the human DNA that are billions of years old, i.e.
  • 1. The core basic male and female gender, the physical features and mental traits. The transgender issue is the bad wiring of the physical gender with that of the opposite gender. E.g. the trans-woman where a very manly physical male is wrongly connected with a mental and psychological female gender set.

2. The anti-transgenders, especially from the Abrahamic religions are other hardcore haters of transgenders.
The logical approach to resolving the problem is either to get rid of 1 or 2. However, both elements above are hardwired into the brain so it a very complex problem to resolve.

At present we do not have the competence to resolve the above problems, so we just have to let whoever make the loudest noise get their ways.

What I had proposed is for the FUTURE.
I am very optimistic, given the trend of the exponential expansion of knowledge, humanity will some day have the knowledge and capability to correct the two hardwired [billions of years old] program via the brain or DNA. Don't jump so fast, the solutions I proposed will be without side effects, fool proof and voluntary.

I believe element 2 - the "us versus them" primal impulse of the anti-transgenders are more older and foundational than element 1.
Thus I suggest [in the future not now] we resolve, prevent and correct the birth defects that give rise to 'transgenderism' first.

If one insist out of blind empathy/compassion and political correctness that transgenderism should stay when we have the competence to prevent it, then one is complicit to condoning the sufferings and oppression of the transgender, e.g. transgenders thrown off tall buildings, bullying, oppression, hated, etc.
Belindi

Post by Belindi »

Spectrum wrote:

As observed;
1. No living things emerged to be extinct immediately by choice or as programmed by evolution.
2. As such the inferred purpose of living is to survive and preserve the species.
3. Human beings has evolved to produce the next generation to ensure 2 by sexual reproduction.
I know that you have. And I have answered it by pointing out that humans , unlike wild species, are not entirely bound to natural selection but on the contrary have been artificially breeding since historical times, at least.

What I mean by "artificially breeding" is that human cultures of beliefs and practices have had a huge impact upon what would in their absence have been the natural man or woman.

We cannot put this genii back in the bottle and become natural like wild animals. We have to deal as awarely and efficaciously as possible with human cultures as they are. Spectrum agrees with most of the rest of us that something needs to be done about cultures as they are, in particular the aspect of culture with which this thread is concerned: transgender issues which at present cause unhappiness.

For a start, it's no use thinking of man as bound to his inherent nature without recognising that man is also a creature of the culture that nurtures him.

Look at truly wild animals, Spectrum. See how all individuals of a wild species look and behave alike or almost alike, according to their habitats and struggles for existence. This alikeness is proper for wild animals many species of which have reached a state of evolution by natural selection which cannot fail to impress us and is often beautiful. Humans individuals vary an awful lot. It's not possible to counteract this variety among human individuals except by means of despotic regimes which force all individuals to be alike.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Belindi wrote:Spectrum wrote:

As observed;
1. No living things emerged to be extinct immediately by choice or as programmed by evolution.
I know that you have. And I have answered it by pointing out that humans , unlike wild species, are not entirely bound to natural selection but on the contrary have been artificially breeding since historical times, at least.

What I mean by "artificially breeding" is that human cultures of beliefs and practices have had a huge impact upon what would in their absence have been the natural man or woman.

We cannot put this genii back in the bottle and become natural like wild animals. We have to deal as awarely and efficaciously as possible with human cultures as they are. Spectrum agrees with most of the rest of us that something needs to be done about cultures as they are, in particular the aspect of culture with which this thread is concerned: transgender issues which at present cause unhappiness.

For a start, it's no use thinking of man as bound to his inherent nature without recognising that man is also a creature of the culture that nurtures him.

Look at truly wild animals, Spectrum. See how all individuals of a wild species look and behave alike or almost alike, according to their habitats and struggles for existence. This alikeness is proper for wild animals many species of which have reached a state of evolution by natural selection which cannot fail to impress us and is often beautiful. Humans individuals vary an awful lot. It's not possible to counteract this variety among human individuals except by means of despotic regimes which force all individuals to be alike.
You still missing the point.

Humans has inherited various instincts ranging from 4 billions years embedded within our DNA expressed in the lower brain and throughout the human psyche.

How long has human culture or even reason and rationality been significant to humanity, at most it is 500 years to a few thousand years against the billions of years that coded the various instincts involved.

The majority may think they are making rational decisions on their own but neuroscientists like Damasio et. al will show us our seeming rational decisions are subliminal influenced by our primal emotions.

The 2 critical elements where I have reduced transgenderism to is inherited from billions of years program and they cannot be easily be changed by culture or social factors. Note the terrible evils and violence [from Islam and secular] that are going on and getting worst. Why are we not changing these through cultural, ideological and social programs?
Do you think humanity can neutralize the primal "us versus them" of the majority with cultural and social programs?

What will work effectively is only through the neural basis and we will have to wait till we have the right knowledge and achieve the capability to do so in the future .

You are being rhetorical and pushing my point away to despotic regimes.
I have stated many times, what I proposed is in the future where we have the knowledge and competence to prevent and correct birth defects like transgenderism with fool proofs methods [outside the control of any despots or bias groups], no side effects and it should be voluntary. Remember this point.
Belindi

Post by Belindi »

Spectrum, it is true that humans have biological natures, just like other life forms. Humans differ from other life forms by creating cultures that bridge generations after generation of humans. These cultures change with natural necessity and technology. 'Gender' is allocated by cultural inheritance: 'sex' is allocated by biological inheritance. Can we agree on these two simple meanings?

I am aware that 'gender' is often used interchangeably with 'sex'. However The reason I am using the terms more precisely and sociologically is that transgender issues are sociological. Transgender behaviour is behaviour; transgender behaviour is not reproductive organs or sexual orientation.

True, rarely a hermaphrodite is born. Hermaphrodites are not transgender people, although they may be.

-- Updated August 17th, 2017, 8:42 am to add the following --

Spectrum wrote:
The majority may think they are making rational decisions on their own but neuroscientists like Damasio et. al will show us our seeming rational decisions are subliminal influenced by our primal emotions.
But Damasio tells us that emotions are not feelings, that emotions are components of feelings. He tells us that feelings are emotions which have been acted upon by reason. Therefore acts inspired by feelings have been reflected upon and are active, whereas actions inspired by emotions are reactive and passive.

Return to “General Philosophy”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream