Would Humanity Be Better Off Without Men?

Use this philosophy forum to discuss and debate general philosophy topics that don't fit into one of the other categories.

This forum is NOT for factual, informational or scientific questions about philosophy (e.g. "What year was Socrates born?"). Those kind of questions can be asked in the off-topic section.
NukeBan

Would Humanity Be Better Off Without Men?

Post by NukeBan »

This thread will attempt to explore the question of whether the human race would be better off without the male gender. I find this an interesting question because while the logic strongly suggests the answer is yes, the group consensus strongly suggests the answer is no. This raises the always interesting question of whether things that overwhelmingly seem to be one way, might be another.

First, there is the obvious issue of reproduction. Although I'm hardly an expert on such things it appears that the day is coming when males will not be required for this function. And in any case, a tiny number of males can provide the required product for a huge number of females. So at the least the number of males in the population can already be radically reduced without threatening the reproduction of the species.

So why get rid of males??? A quick example will attempt to illustrate...

Imagine that the forum was being flooded with spam posts. The mods, in their infinite technical wisdom, would not wish to deal with each spam post one by one by one for years. Instead, they would look for some factor common to all the spam posts, and address the problem there. So they might ban a particular user, or block a particular IP address.

In that spirit, this thread will ask members to look for the common factor in the human violence which unfolds at every level of every society. A common sense observation quickly reveals that the overwhelming vast majority of the violence we see in our news feed is being committed by men.

Should we continue to deal with all these tragic events one by one by one for endless more centuries? Or should we seek the common factor and address the problem of human violence at that level?
Marvin_Edwards
Favorite Philosopher: William James

Re: Would Humanity Be Better Off Without Men?

Post by Marvin_Edwards »

Men are raised by women. And women, rather than men, usually choose their mate. Is it our fault that women like bad boys?
Sculptor1

Post by Sculptor1 »

I blame the mothers.
Marvin_Edwards

Post by Marvin_Edwards »

Sculptor1 wrote: December 28th, 2020, 5:39 pm I blame the mothers.
Here, sit on the couch, tell me more about it...
Sculptor1

Post by Sculptor1 »

Marvin_Edwards wrote: December 28th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: December 28th, 2020, 5:39 pm I blame the mothers.
I was just reflecting on what you said.
I was lucky enough to be raised by my grandmother; a gentle, sweet, loving woman that sacrificed her whole life for her own children and her grandchildren.

As for my mother - she ditched my dad, and brought a drunken monster into the house.

If men are sh1t then we have to consider who raised them to be this way.
Count Lucanor
Favorite Philosopher: Umberto Eco

Post by Count Lucanor »

NukeBan wrote: December 28th, 2020, 9:06 am This thread will attempt to explore the question of whether the human race would be better off without the male gender. I find this an interesting question because while the logic strongly suggests the answer is yes, the group consensus strongly suggests the answer is no.
What logic? What is the logic of plain old misandry? Prejudice is not the best place to find logic.
The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct.
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
impermanence

Post by impermanence »

NukeBan wrote: December 28th, 2020, 9:06 am This thread will attempt to explore the question of whether the human race would be better off without the male gender.
It's amazing what has happened to guys over the past several decades. The level of self-hatred is pretty over-the-top.

Don't listen to it.
chewybrian
Favorite Philosopher: Epictetus

Post by chewybrian »

NukeBan wrote: December 28th, 2020, 9:06 am ...the overwhelming vast majority of the violence we see in our news feed is being committed by men.

Should we continue to deal with all these tragic events one by one by one for endless more centuries? Or should we seek the common factor and address the problem of human violence at that level?
Are you ready to take your turn when you are the next problem to be addressed? This is just Nazi crap without the window dressing. Men are no more fair game for your plans than 'races' or age groups or any other means by which you might decide who is worthy of continuing to live. Nobody deserves to be judged on the basis that some small fraction of people with some shared characteristic did something wrong.
"If determinism holds, then past events have conspired to cause me to hold this view--it is out of my control. Either I am right about free will, or it is not my fault that I am wrong."
Marvin_Edwards

Post by Marvin_Edwards »

Sculptor1 wrote: December 28th, 2020, 6:45 pm
Marvin_Edwards wrote: December 28th, 2020, 6:11 pm

I was just reflecting on what you said.
I was lucky enough to be raised by my grandmother; a gentle, sweet, loving woman that sacrificed her whole life for her own children and her grandchildren.

As for my mother - she ditched my dad, and brought a drunken monster into the house.

If men are sh1t then we have to consider who raised them to be this way.
Well, my father had an affair that ended in a murder/suicide. And then my mother brought a drunken monster into the house. He was gentle as a mouse when sober, and everyone loved him. But a mean drunk. Fortunately, I could handle him easily when he was drunk. Then there was the time he got a knife out of the utensil drawer. That ended with him getting committed. But he sobered up and came back home again, and returned to quoting Shakespeare and charming everyone. I put up with him to be civil.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

If there were no men, who would get blamed for future fuc4 ups?
"As usual... it depends."
Gee

Post by Gee »

NukeBan wrote: December 28th, 2020, 9:06 am This thread will attempt to explore the question of whether the human race would be better off without the male gender. I find this an interesting question because while the logic strongly suggests the answer is yes, the group consensus strongly suggests the answer is no. This raises the always interesting question of whether things that overwhelmingly seem to be one way, might be another.

First, there is the obvious issue of reproduction. Although I'm hardly an expert on such things it appears that the day is coming when males will not be required for this function. And in any case, a tiny number of males can provide the required product for a huge number of females. So at the least the number of males in the population can already be radically reduced without threatening the reproduction of the species.

Imagine that the forum was being flooded with spam posts. The mods, in their infinite technical wisdom, would not wish to deal with each spam post one by one by one for years. Instead, they would look for some factor common to all the spam posts, and address the problem there. So they might ban a particular user, or block a particular IP address.

In that spirit, this thread will ask members to look for the common factor in the human violence which unfolds at every level of every society. A common sense observation quickly reveals that the overwhelming vast majority of the violence we see in our news feed is being committed by men.

Sorry NukeBan, but this has to be one of the dumbest threads that I have ever read -- and I am female.

Gee
evolution

Post by evolution »

NukeBan wrote: December 28th, 2020, 9:06 am This thread will attempt to explore the question of whether the human race would be better off without the male gender. I find this an interesting question because while the logic strongly suggests the answer is yes, the group consensus strongly suggests the answer is no.
But how do you ALREADY KNOW the, so called, "group consensus", when this topic and subject has only just begun?

In fact when you wrote these words here 'you' were the ONLY one of the 'group'.
NukeBan wrote: December 28th, 2020, 9:06 am This raises the always interesting question of whether things that overwhelmingly seem to be one way, might be another.
Well if ANY thing is NOT YET KNOWN FOR SURE and thus is with DOUBT, then the answer to your, so called, "interesting question" is; ALWAYS.
NukeBan wrote: December 28th, 2020, 9:06 am First, there is the obvious issue of reproduction.
I was thinking of a MORE OBVIOUS, to me, issue BEFORE this one.

But anyway,
NukeBan wrote: December 28th, 2020, 9:06 am Although I'm hardly an expert on such things it appears that the day is coming when males will not be required for this function. And in any case, a tiny number of males can provide the required product for a huge number of females. So at the least the number of males in the population can already be radically reduced without threatening the reproduction of the species.

LOL OBVIOUSLY, what is purported to be true in, so called, "news" feeds is NOT necessarily what is ACTUALLY happening and occurring. Nor is how often some thing is report an actual representation of what is actually happening and occurring. For example, how often is child abuse report in YOUR OWN "news feeds"? Yet, child abuse by adults of EVERY gender is probably the most prolific ABUSE there is.

In fact EVERY adult is ABUSING CHILDREN EVERY DAY. But does this get reported even just a mention in "news feeds"?

Also, do you REALLY EXPECT that the men who do get abused and beaten up by their women folk are going report those cases as often as the other way around is reported?

'Men', after all, are, by illogical reasoning, MEANT to be the "stronger" ones.
NukeBan wrote: December 28th, 2020, 9:06 am Should we continue to deal with all these tragic events one by one by one for endless more centuries?
How long do 'we' as a species have to deal with 'you', adults, continually ABUSING children day after day, after day?
NukeBan wrote: December 28th, 2020, 9:06 am Or should we seek the common factor and address the problem of human violence at that level?
WHY NOT start WHERE men AND women LEARN to start being ABUSIVE and VIOLENT towards each other, and address that ISSUE FIRST?

If you STOPPED the CAUSE, then you can PREVENT 'it' from OCCURRING EVER AGAIN.

HERE I will SHOW you, EXACTLY, WHY 'you', adult human beings, do NOT START THERE, WHERE men AND women LEARN to be ABUSIVE and VIOLENT towards EACH OTHER, through asking A CLARIFYING QUESTION, as AN EXAMPLE.

WHY do 'you', adult human beings, ABUSE children?

Your NON answers or your Dishonesty here; IS the very reason WHY the 'problem'/issue you have raised here will NOT end.

I suggest to NOT address the violence perpetrated on adults, of either gender, at the level of just addressing violence AFTER it occurs, but addressing it at the level WHERE adults BEGIN to LEARN to become ABUSIVE and VIOLENT creatures.

And that is IN CHILDHOOD when they are ABUSED, by 'you', the adult human being.

'you' do ABUSE children, am I right?

By the way, a VERY COMMON theme, or factor, that runs among 'you', adult human beings IS; It is the 'other' who has the 'problems'/issues and does the WRONG, which you want to LOOK AT, DISCUSS, and WANT to get RID OF, but NEVER your OWN problems/issues and WRONG DOING that you WANT to LOOK AT, DISCUSS, nor even WANT to get RID OF.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

I assume that the half of humanity that are men would not be better off in a world without men, although Philipp Mainländer and other antinatalists may disagree.

Not sure that a Thanos-style removal of men would please women either.
Hans-Werner Hammen

Post by Hans-Werner Hammen »

evolution wrote: December 29th, 2020, 1:05 am In fact EVERY adult is ABUSING CHILDREN EVERY DAY.
Indeed, this is veeery obvious.
Accurately THOSE adults who strictly avoid any contact with children, they are in fact the worst, in this regard.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Hans-Werner Hammen wrote: December 29th, 2020, 4:59 am
evolution wrote: December 29th, 2020, 1:05 am In fact EVERY adult is ABUSING CHILDREN EVERY DAY.
Indeed, this is veeery obvious.
Accurately THOSE adults who strictly avoid any contact with children, they are in fact the worst, in this regard.
Here is A PRIME EXAMPLE of what I was saying in regards about NOT ANSWERING my CLARIFYING QUESTIONS.

YOUR RESPONSE HERE is PRIME EXAMPLE of just HOW adult human beings will 'try' absolutely ANY and EVERY thing to AVOID LOOKING AT and SEEING the ACTUAL Truth of things, especially when it is in regards to them and their OWN WRONG DOING.

By the way, do 'you' have to be in DIRECT CONTACT with a child for you to DEPRIVE THEM of what they ACTUALLY NEED to live?

WRONG DOING can NOT end if 'we' are NOT GOING TO LOOK AT IT, Honestly and DISCUSS IT, OPENLY.

Return to “General Philosophy”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream