What is a Woman

Use this philosophy forum to discuss and debate general philosophy topics that don't fit into one of the other categories.

This forum is NOT for factual, informational or scientific questions about philosophy (e.g. "What year was Socrates born?"). Those kind of questions can be asked in the off-topic section.
Consul

Re: What is a Woman

Post by Consul »

Astro Cat wrote: July 13th, 2022, 6:47 am I'm not sure whether anyone has called you a transphobe.
Sy Borg (indirect at least)?
Astro Cat wrote: July 13th, 2022, 6:47 amWhat might be an entertaining intellectual conundrum for you on a public forum might be grievously injurious to someone that struggles with gender dysmorphia everyday. Or it could at least be exhausting to them. I know I get exhausted when people debate my life for fun (do I have bodily autonomy?
I'm not having this discussion "for fun"! Actually, dealing with postmodern gender/queer theory is pretty unfunny! Its doctrines may be laughable, but the real-life gender/sex issues involved aren't a laughing matter at all.
Astro Cat wrote: July 13th, 2022, 6:47 amI don't really know, I'm not trans. As I said I only empathize analogously to similar things people debate for fun about me. But I wanted to make sure that any trans people reading this know they are valid, supported, and that not everyone feels the need to hyper-analyze them; that the notion of gender is sensible and accepted by many. That's all.
Once again, rejecting the concept of gender as defined and used by postmodern critical theory is not the same as rejecting the concept of gender as such—nor is it the same as lacking empathy or sympathy for transsexual people!

The ideas in our minds are manifested in our attitudes and actions, so they have practical consequences and effects. Analyzing them critically is an important thing to do!

QUOTE>
"Today more than ever before the serious-minded are convinced that philosophy has practical tasks. The life of both the individual and the community is not molded by their mere needs and fortunes but also at all times by the strength of dominant ideas. Ideas are spiritual powers. They belong to the realm of thought. But thought has its own discipline and its own critique—philosophy. Therefore philosophy is called upon to include within its scope the pressing problems of the contemporary world and to co-operate in the work that needs to be done."

(Hartmann, Nicolai. New Ways of Ontology. Translated by Reinhard C. Kuhn. Chicago: Henry Regnery Co., 1953. p. 3)
<QUOTE
"We may philosophize well or ill, but we must philosophize." – Wilfrid Sellars
JackDaydream

Post by JackDaydream »

Consul wrote: July 13th, 2022, 7:06 am
JackDaydream wrote: July 13th, 2022, 6:21 amObviously, you will have to wait for Sy Borg's response. You are taking her post as an attack on you. Have you not thought that trans people may take a thread which is mostly aimed at saying that they are not 'real' in their chosen gender as being an attack on them.
Well, those transpeople who believe in postmodern gender/queer theory will not be happy about reading or hearing that they their "chosen gender" doesn't correspond to reality, but it's not my duty to make them happy, feel "comfortable" & "safe" by uncritically and devoutly affirming the postmodern ideas about gender/sex that G/QT has implanted in their minds, which I think are false and socially pernicious (especially to women).

Don't take me wrong: I have no evil intention whatsoever to make transsexuals unhappy, feel bad or miserable. On the contrary! I fully accept and respect them as what they are—transsexual people! I fully accept and respect transwomen as transsexual men/transmen as transsexual women; but what I don't accept and respect are the ideological doctrines that transwomen are (really/literally) women/transmen are (really/literally) men, and that subjective gender identity/identification is all the matters with regard to the state of womanhood/manhood (girlhood/boyhood).

QUOTE>
"This is a book about an idea, one that seems simple but has far-reaching consequences. The idea is that people should count as men or women according to how they feel and what they declare, instead of their biology. It’s called gender self-identification, and it is the central tenet of a fast-developing belief system which sees everyone as possessing a gender identity that may or may not match the body in which it is housed. When there is a mismatch, the person is ‘transgender’ – trans for short – and it is the identity, not the body, that should determine how everyone else sees and treats them."

"This is not a book about trans people. I will present the scientific research into what causes gender dysphoria and cross-sex identification. But I will not seek to balance stories of those for whom transition has been a success, and those for whom it has been a failure. Whether or not transition makes people happier is an important question for individuals and clinicians, especially when it involves irreversible hormonal or surgical interventions. But it is irrelevant to evaluating the truth of gender-identity ideology, and to whether self-declared gender should replace sex across society. To draw another analogy, whether a religion makes its believers happy is irrelevant to the question of whether its god exists, or whether everyone else should be compelled to pay it lip service."

(Joyce, Helen. Trans: When Ideology Meets Reality. London: Oneworld, 2021.)
<QUOTE
[/quote

I am not really aware of the thread topic being about postmodern gender theory or queer theory. Most transgender/ LGBTI+ people are not familiar with it. Of those who do read and write it, the choice to do so may be as a means of opposing the sources of homophobia and transphobia which they are experiencing on a day to day basis. The problem with the thread and the predominant focus on saying that transwomen and transmen or not 'real' in their chosen gender is that indirectly it colludes with a whole variety of attitudes which are transphobic. Can you not see that? People often face bullying and hostility in their day to day lives, which is often justified according to biological essentialism. You tried to argue that woke may encourage greater prejudice towards transgender people but it may the other way round, that the people who keep are arguing for against the legitimacy of people's chosen gender are the ones who are providing arguments which support hostile opinions. That is why I don't like the thread at all and think it goes beyond the scope of philosophy debate.
JackDaydream

Post by JackDaydream »

Consul,
Somehow, my reply to you ended up in the box, so it is below the quote which you had provided.
Consul

Post by Consul »

JackDaydream wrote: July 13th, 2022, 7:40 am I am not really aware of the thread topic being about postmodern gender theory or queer theory. Most transgender/ LGBTI+ people are not familiar with it. Of those who do read and write it, the choice to do so may be as a means of opposing the sources of homophobia and transphobia which they are experiencing on a day to day basis. The problem with the thread and the predominant focus on saying that transwomen and transmen or not 'real' in their chosen gender is that indirectly it colludes with a whole variety of attitudes which are transphobic. Can you not see that? People often face bullying and hostility in their day to day lives, which is often justified according to biological essentialism. You tried to argue that woke may encourage greater prejudice towards transgender people but it may the other way round, that the people who keep are arguing for against the legitimacy of people's chosen gender are the ones who are providing arguments which support hostile opinions. That is why I don't like the thread at all and think it goes beyond the scope of philosophy debate.
There is the good old is-ought gap!
When philosophers or scientists tell them that transwo/men aren't (really/literally) wo/men, those who are really transphobic may feel encouraged to intensify their hostility toward and discrimination against transsexuals; but when I meet such guys, I will them that even if transwo/men aren't wo/men, they are not thereby justified in looking down on them, let alone in mistreating them.
There is a "collusion" "with a whole variety of attitudes which are transphobic" only if one fails to block it by stating clearly that the non-wo/manhood of transwo/men doesn't entitle anyone to regard them as despicable freaks or subhumans. They deserve to be socially accepted, respected, and supported as fellow human beings and as what they are, viz. transsexual wo/men.
Consul

Post by Consul »

QUOTE>
"As far as I can see, standard academic norms for the production of knowledge are not often observed in fields that deal with matters of sex and gender. The whole area has become unacceptably politicised. Particular articles and books are treated like sacred texts rather than the opinionated, potentially fallible or myopic arguments they actually are. As one trans author, Andrea Long Chu, puts it, the result is ‘warmed-over pieties’ and ‘something like church’. There are small things you may question or criticise, and then there are the fundamental orthodoxies it is considered transphobic to deny. Evidence or facts are considered relevant only when they help what is perceived to be the political cause of trans people. Any philosophical critiques that do sometimes (rarely) emerge – especially by non-trans academics – are regularly treated as equivalent to actual attacks on trans people rather than as critiques of views about trans people, or of trans activist commitments. It’s assumed these critiques are not worthy of rational engagement but should be met only with strong moral disapproval and suppression. This sort of judgement floats down from on high, via academic managers, journal editors and referees, to make sure that, on the ground, no dissenting voice gets into ‘the literature’ without a huge struggle. Even worse, it helps ensure that hardly any seriously dissenting voices get into the discipline areas in the first place."

(Stock, Kathleen. Material Girls: Why Reality Matters for Feminism. London: Fleet, 2021.)
<QUOTE

Stock is a sensible person!
JackDaydream

Post by JackDaydream »

Consul wrote: July 13th, 2022, 8:12 am
JackDaydream wrote: July 13th, 2022, 7:40 am I am not really aware of the thread topic being about postmodern gender theory or queer theory. Most transgender/ LGBTI+ people are not familiar with it. Of those who do read and write it, the choice to do so may be as a means of opposing the sources of homophobia and transphobia which they are experiencing on a day to day basis. The problem with the thread and the predominant focus on saying that transwomen and transmen or not 'real' in their chosen gender is that indirectly it colludes with a whole variety of attitudes which are transphobic. Can you not see that? People often face bullying and hostility in their day to day lives, which is often justified according to biological essentialism. You tried to argue that woke may encourage greater prejudice towards transgender people but it may the other way round, that the people who keep are arguing for against the legitimacy of people's chosen gender are the ones who are providing arguments which support hostile opinions. That is why I don't like the thread at all and think it goes beyond the scope of philosophy debate.
There is the good old is-ought gap!
When philosophers or scientists tell them that transwo/men aren't (really/literally) wo/men, those who are really transphobic may feel encouraged to intensify their hostility toward and discrimination against transsexuals; but when I meet such guys, I will them that even if transwo/men aren't wo/men, they are not thereby justified in looking down on them, let alone in mistreating them.
There is a "collusion" "with a whole variety of attitudes which are transphobic" only if one fails to block it by stating clearly that the non-wo/manhood of transwo/men doesn't entitle anyone to regard them as despicable freaks or subhumans. They deserve to be socially accepted, respected, and supported as fellow human beings and as what they are, viz. transsexual wo/men.
Of course, it all depends what not looking down on someone or mistreating someone means. Would that mean accepting them in their gender of choice? That is where it gets complicated because a lot of people may think that they can just use whichever pronouns they like. Why the need to spell out that they are not the 'real' gender? There is a general knowledge that there is a difference between biological and chosen 'trans' identities. Of course, when people are going about their daily lives many people won't always know the trans person's biology because many can pass. Surely, they are entitled to pass and blend in. It is not necessary for everyone to know a person's biology. I know that you are not saying that transgender people shouldn't be allowed to just live their lives, but for most, just why the need to keep insisting that they are not 'really' what they are, because it makes it seem like they are being viewed as 'fake'.

Actually, I know a couple of biological women who have been mistaken for transwomen. These women aren't even masculine but simply over 6 feet tall. This shows how complicated gender assumptions can be.

In life, we meet many people and take them at face value, not knowing their past, mental health or other private life. Surely, it is best if trans people can be allowed to be who able to do and it is only in situations like sports that the issue of biology matters. In other words, does it matter whether the person is 'real' or not, in the biological sense? Why should trans people be expected to be subjected to others trying to define them definitively? Indirectly, in spite of you saying that you wish for acceptance of trans people, your emphasis on transwomen and transmen not being their 'real' gender seems to me one which hinders rather than helping them.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Consul, your outrage reflects your sense of guilt.

Rather than seriously taking into account the fact that all means of preventing sex changes have been tried by professionals for many decades, you choose to repeat the obvious point that sex changes don't change biological gender. This deliberately ignores the key point - that there is a real phenomenon going on here that is not mental illness. However, people choose to ignore it and continue sprouting discredited claims that it's delusion, madness or perversion. These are the same arguments used to deny the reality of homosexuality in the past. It too was seen as madness and perversion.

Your apparent transphobia on this thread has surprised me. I thought you were above ignoring evidence and repeating irrelevant claims.
Consul

Post by Consul »

Sy Borg wrote: July 13th, 2022, 5:13 pm Consul, your outrage reflects your sense of guilt.
No, my "outrage" reflects your outrageous statements!

Of course, claims of innocence are proofs of guilt.

Sy Borg wrote: July 13th, 2022, 5:13 pmRather than seriously taking into account the fact that all means of preventing sex changes have been tried by professionals for many decades, you choose to repeat the obvious point that sex changes don't change biological gender. This deliberately ignores the key point - that there is a real phenomenon going on here that is not mental illness. However, people choose to ignore it and continue sprouting discredited claims that it's delusion, madness or perversion. These are the same arguments used to deny the reality of homosexuality in the past. It too was seen as madness and perversion.
I never denied the mental reality of transsexuality!

But we need to be very precise with regard to the definition of the mental state of transsexuality! Is it the mental state of (strongly and constantly) desiring/wishing/wanting to be a member of the opposite sex, or is it the mental state of (firmly) believing/asserting to be a member of the opposite sex?

If the former, then there is nothing delusional at all about being transsexual!
If the latter, then please tell me: For instance, when a demonstrably male person firmly believes or asserts to be female, and stubbornly refuses to acknowledge the objective evidence to the contrary when it is presented to him, isn't this a paradigmatic case of delusion?
Sy Borg wrote: July 13th, 2022, 5:13 pmYour apparent transphobia on this thread has surprised me. I thought you were above ignoring evidence and repeating irrelevant claims.
What relevant evidence have I ignored?
Anyway:

"transphobia"
=def
"dislike of or prejudice against transgender or transsexual people" (Oxford Lexico)

Believe it or not: I do not dislike and am not prejudiced against transsexuals or transvestites (as such)!

"irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against transgender people" (Merriam Webster)

BeIieve it or not: I have no irrational fear of or aversion to transsexuals or transvestites!

In the morally negative sense (in which the word is used above), discrimination means morally unjustified/unjustifiable (unjust/unfair) unequal treatment of people belonging to different categories (classes/groups) of people. So whether transsexuals or transvestites are discriminated against with respect to X depends on whether it is morally justified/justifiable to treat them differently (unequally) with respect to X.
For example, excluding transwomen from women's sports is a case of (unjust) discrimination only if there are no morally justifying reasons for doing so.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Oh tut. So very outraged. But probably not as outraged as transpeople would be at your quoting of old ideas that should have been put away decades ago.

The issues around care of transpeople had been largely sorted out, but now populist interference has muddied the waters. It's like various debates in society. No matter settled the science is at the academic level, influential populist movements refuse to accept it and refer back to old, discredited studies and ideas.
Consul

Post by Consul »

Sy Borg wrote: July 14th, 2022, 5:43 am Oh tut. So very outraged.
Yes, I am angry at people who willfully treat "any philosophical critiques…as equivalent to actual attacks on trans people rather than as critiques of views about trans people, or of trans activist commitments." (K. Stock)
Sy Borg wrote: July 14th, 2022, 5:43 amBut probably not as outraged as transpeople would be at your quoting of old ideas that should have been put away decades ago.
So we all should uncritically and devoutly acknowledge the new ideas of postmodern (trans)gender theory as the undeniable truth about (the nature of) gender/sex?
Sculptor1

Post by Sculptor1 »

Consul wrote: July 14th, 2022, 6:28 am
Yes, I am angry at people who willfully treat "any philosophical critiques…as equivalent to actual attacks on trans people rather than as critiques of views about trans people, or of trans activist commitments." (K. Stock)
Sy Borg wrote: July 14th, 2022, 5:43 amBut probably not as outraged as transpeople would be at your quoting of old ideas that should have been put away decades ago.
So we all should uncritically and devoutly acknowledge the new ideas of postmodern (trans)gender theory as the undeniable truth about (the nature of) gender/sex?
No one is asking you to do that.
What is being asked is that your personally twisted view point on gender is not better than a trans view point and that if your pronoun wishes are to be resected is it your duty to do the same to others.
It's not rocket science.
Maybe you should ask yourself why you have so much anxiety about the topic.
Consul

Post by Consul »

Sculptor1 wrote: July 14th, 2022, 7:42 amNo one is asking you to do that.
What is being asked is that your personally twisted view point on gender is not better than a trans view point and that if your pronoun wishes are to be resected is it your duty to do the same to others.
There is no such thing as the trans viewpoint, because transpersons are individuals who do not all share the same views about gender/sex. What there is is the antibiological viewpoint of postmodern gender theory, which is accepted by many transpersons, but rejected by others. And even if it were believed to be true by all transpersons, it wouldn't follow that it is true.
Sculptor1 wrote: July 14th, 2022, 7:42 am Maybe you should ask yourself why you have so much anxiety about the topic.
I needn't because I haven't!
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Sculptor1 wrote: July 14th, 2022, 7:42 am
Consul wrote: July 14th, 2022, 6:28 am
No one is asking you to do that.
It's not rocket science.
Maybe you should ask yourself why you have so much anxiety about the topic.
The focus on the biological sex and the dismissal of the validity of a person's gender identity is the issue. The hard sciences are respected but the soft sciences are ignored or, in the case of some here, openly ridiculed. Further, all the prior research done which brought trans rights to today's situation has been ignored, as though transpeople only existed after Jordan Peterson took it upon himself to target the most vulnerable people in society in classic theist tradition.
Count Lucanor
Favorite Philosopher: Umberto Eco

Post by Count Lucanor »

Consul wrote: July 11th, 2022, 6:35 am
JackDaydream wrote: July 10th, 2022, 11:00 pm I actually thought that the discussion would be more about what it means to be a woman, but it became a thread focusing on trans issues, which may say a lot about gender and how so much is often projected on to trans people.
The question of what it means or takes to be a wo/man is essentially involved in trans issues!
I agree. Defining what is a woman or what is a man, is one, if not the key issue, in the current debate about transgenderism, which BTW, is one of the hottest topics in politics today. And that debate is centered on the application of post-structuralist gender theory and queer theory as universal principles that must be enforced in legislation and public policies that regulate social life in general and, therefore, target the whole population. Presenting the subject as a matter of meddling in the private affairs of individuals that identify as transgender would not be an accurate depiction of what the debate is all about. If the Judith Butlers and the Foucaults cannot be debated, then what can be?

The general feeling is that we are living a change of cultural paradigms in terms of human sexuality and gender roles, a change that, as I said, implies legislation and public policies, such as "gender affirmation". The main tenet is that sex is mostly, if not only, a social construction. The prevailing dogma, consistant with that view, is that people's sex is merely "assigned at birth". Everything else departs from the acceptance or denial of that notion. If you don't accept it, the gender-perspective academics say, you're just imposing heteronormativity (supposedly also a cultural construction enforced with the social power certain groups exercise over other groups that they oppress). That paradigm, they say, must be torn down and a new paradigm, based on post-structuralist feminist, gender and queer theories, must replace it, through actions in the domain of biopower and biopolitics. Science doesn't play a relevant role here because...well, science itself is supposedly an expression of power relations. That is what makes possible that one of the academics in Walsh's film says: "seeking the truth is deeply transphobic". It is the power of the group you're affiliated to that matters (using several markers such as race and sex, but implicitly and explicitly avoiding the social class marker). Truth is relative and simply works as the narrative you use to advance your interests. Hence, the focus on language (pronouns, names, labels, etc.).

BTW, this dude Matt Walsh doesn't seem the kind of guy with whom I would sympathize much, but when even a person like him looks fairly reasonable in front of what can only be described as delusional academics, something worth our attention is cooking in the culture pot.
The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct.
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
JackDaydream

Post by JackDaydream »

Count Lucanor wrote: July 14th, 2022, 10:08 pm
Consul wrote: July 11th, 2022, 6:35 am
JackDaydream wrote: July 10th, 2022, 11:00 pm I actually thought that the discussion would be more about what it means to be a woman, but it became a thread focusing on trans issues, which may say a lot about gender and how so much is often projected on to trans people.
The question of what it means or takes to be a wo/man is essentially involved in trans issues!
I agree. Defining what is a woman or what is a man, is one, if not the key issue, in the current debate about transgenderism, which BTW, is one of the hottest topics in politics today. And that debate is centered on the application of post-structuralist gender theory and queer theory as universal principles that must be enforced in legislation and public policies that regulate social life in general and, therefore, target the whole population. Presenting the subject as a matter of meddling in the private affairs of individuals that identify as transgender would not be an accurate depiction of what the debate is all about. If the Judith Butlers and the Foucaults cannot be debated, then what can be?

The general feeling is that we are living a change of cultural paradigms in terms of human sexuality and gender roles, a change that, as I said, implies legislation and public policies, such as "gender affirmation". The main tenet is that sex is mostly, if not only, a social construction. The prevailing dogma, consistant with that view, is that people's sex is merely "assigned at birth". Everything else departs from the acceptance or denial of that notion. If you don't accept it, the gender-perspective academics say, you're just imposing heteronormativity (supposedly also a cultural construction enforced with the social power certain groups exercise over other groups that they oppress). That paradigm, they say, must be torn down and a new paradigm, based on post-structuralist feminist, gender and queer theories, must replace it, through actions in the domain of biopower and biopolitics. Science doesn't play a relevant role here because...well, science itself is supposedly an expression of power relations. That is what makes possible that one of the academics in Walsh's film says: "seeking the truth is deeply transphobic". It is the power of the group you're affiliated to that matters (using several markers such as race and sex, but implicitly and explicitly avoiding the social class marker). Truth is relative and simply works as the narrative you use to advance your interests. Hence, the focus on language (pronouns, names, labels, etc.).

BTW, this dude Matt Walsh doesn't seem the kind of guy with whom I would sympathize much, but when even a person like him looks fairly reasonable in front of what can only be described as delusional academics, something worth our attention is cooking in the culture pot.
Gender theory is interesting but it can become biased exclusively on specific groups, especially transgender and people. It almost seems that both essentialism and postmodernism use transgender issues as their own ideological playground. Okay, some of the postmodern gender theorists are transgender, but it is probably important to think how gay and transgender people had to fight so much religious outrage. Even though the debate of gender theory is about ideas it can easily become one which appears to be about theory, but it is about values too.

This goes beyond theory and that is where a thread like this becomes tricky, and even if not intended as such, it does become an indirect attack on transgender people through focusing on them exclusively. It has become 30 pages in a week and a half and thereby stands out from any other recent threads and, in this way, puts trans lives under the microscope in a disproportionate manner, by focusing their psychology and bodies.

What makes the thread particularly toxic in my view is the way in which so much discussion on the thread is based on attempts to classify people and not on listening to their voices in a open way. It is about 'others', like how women had been viewed rather than speaking about themselves. And, the thread question was what is a woman, not are transwomen 'real' women?.Apart from trans people reading this thread and feeling hurt, the focus upon transwomen could be read negatively by women, because the main focus is on the comparison with transwomen.

Return to “General Philosophy”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream