Materialism is nonsensical

Use this philosophy forum to discuss and debate general philosophy topics that don't fit into one of the other categories.

This forum is NOT for factual, informational or scientific questions about philosophy (e.g. "What year was Socrates born?"). Those kind of questions can be asked in the off-topic section.
Consul

Re: Materialism is nonsensical

Post by Consul »

GE Morton wrote: September 28th, 2022, 12:48 pmAs I said above, information is knowledge of some state of affairs. Only conscious, sentient creatures know things. Rocks and trees and volcanos and clouds don't "know things." You're committing another category mistake, applying a term for a category of conscious phenomena to non-conscious, inanimate things. You have a habit of doing that, e.g., imputing emotional states to neurons. You're absurdly trying to export phenomena occurring in your own mind into the natural world as components thereof.

Information --- knowledge --- is not something that exists "in the world," i.e., externally to human minds, except that information which has been encoded and stored by humans in some physical medium, such as a book or flash memory chip or a computer's hard drive. Prior to its being so recorded, no information existed anywhere in the "external world."
There are different concepts of information, so you'll probably talk past each other unless it is clarified first which one is at issue here:

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/information/

QUOTE:
"The word 'information' has been given many different meanings by various writers in the general field of information theory. It is likely that at least a number of these will prove sufficiently useful in certain applications to deserve further study and permanent recognition. It is hardly to be expected that a single concept of information would satisfactorily account for the numerous possible applications of this general field."

(Shannon, Claude E. "The Lattice Theory of Information." 1950. Reprinted in Claude Elwood Shannon: Collected Papers, edited by N. J. A. Sloane and Aaron D. Wyner, 180-183. Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 1993. p. 180)
:QUOTE
"We may philosophize well or ill, but we must philosophize." – Wilfrid Sellars
Consul

Post by Consul »

GE Morton wrote: September 28th, 2022, 12:48 pmBiological phenomena are not "information systems." An "information system" is a system WE invent to store or communicate information, i.e., knowledge we have gained about some state of affairs which we consider worth retaining and communicating. Libraries and radio transmitters and telephones and computers are information systems. Rose bushes and amoeba are not.
QUOTE:
"[T]here are three main ways of talking about information:

(a) Information as reality, e.g. patterns, fingerprints, tree rings;

(b) Information for reality, e.g. commands, algorithms, recipes;

(c) Information about reality, i.e. with an epistemic value, e.g. train tables, maps, entries in an encyclopaedia.

Something may count as information in more than one sense, depending on the context. For example, a person's iris may be an instance of information as reality (the pattern of the membrane in the eye), which provides information for reality (e.g. as a biometric means to open a door by verifying the identity of the person), or about reality (e.g. the identity of the person). But it is crucial to be clear about what sense of information is being used in each case: (a) physical, (b) instructional, (c) semantic."

(Floridi, Luciano. Information: A Very Short Introduction. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2010. pp. 74-5)

As for the concept of biological (genetic) information:

QUOTE:
"In the precise sense in which one may speak of semantic information, genetic information can hardly count as an instance of it. It simply lacks all its typical features, including meaningfulness, intentionality, aboutness, and veridicality. DNA contains the genetic code, precisely in the sense that it physically contains the genes which code for the development of the phenotypes. So DNA does contain genetic information, like a CD may contain some software. But the genetic code or, better, the genes, are the information itself. Genes do not send information, in the sense in which a radio sends a signal. They work more or less successfully and, like a recipe for a cake, may only partly guarantee the end result, since the environment plays a crucial role. Genes do not contain information, like envelopes or emails do, nor do they describe it, like a blueprint; they are more like performatives: 'I promise to come at 8 pm' does not describe or contain a promise, it does something, namely it effects the promise itself through the uttered words. Genes do not carry information, as a pigeon may carry a message, no more than a key carries the information to open a door. They do not encode instructions, as a string of lines and dots may encode a message in Morse alphabet. True, genes are often said to be the bearers of information, or to carry instructions for the development and functioning organisms, and so forth, but this way of speaking says more about us than about genetics. We regularly talk about our current computers as if they were intelligent—when we know they are not—and we tend to attribute semantic features to genetic structures and processes, which of course are biochemical and not intentional at all. The 'code' vocabulary should not be taken too literally, as if genes were information in a semantic-descriptive sense, lest we run the risk of obfuscating our understanding of genetics. Rather, genes are instructions, and instructions are a type of predicative and effective/procedural information, like recipes, algorithms, and commands. So genes are dynamic procedural structures that, together with other indispensable environmental factors, contribute to control and guide the development of organisms. This is a perfectly respectable sense in which biological information is indeed a kind of information. Dynamic procedural structures are a special type of informational entities, those that are in themselves instructions, programs, or imperatives."

(Floridi, Luciano. Information: A Very Short Introduction. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2010. pp. 79-80)
Consul

Post by Consul »

Consul wrote: September 28th, 2022, 3:49 pmQUOTE:
"…But it is crucial to be clear about what sense of information is being used in each case: (a) physical, (b) instructional, (c) semantic."

(Floridi, Luciano. Information: A Very Short Introduction. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2010. pp. 74-5)
For the concept of semantic information, see Floridi's SEP entry: https://plato.stanford.edu/archives/win ... -semantic/

Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

3017Metaphysician wrote: September 28th, 2022, 9:19 amOkay, I'm trying to follow you but you seem to be all over the place ...
Given that I have merely repeated myself over and over to you, the above is a brazen lie, and this is not appropriate for the forum.

Such tactics do not belong in the philosophy forum. I suggest that you focus on content because this kind of dishonest gaming of debates is harming the forum. It drives off people who wish to seriously engage.

People want to speak about interesting ideas, not deal with the kind of manipulative noise you gave me in your last reply.
3017Metaphysician

Post by 3017Metaphysician »

Sy Borg wrote: September 28th, 2022, 4:18 pm
3017Metaphysician wrote: September 28th, 2022, 9:19 amOkay, I'm trying to follow you but you seem to be all over the place ...
Given athat I have merely repeated myself over and over to you, the above is a brazen lie, and this is not appropriate for the forum.

Such tactics do not belong in the philosophy forum. I suggest that you focus on content because this kind of dishonest gaming of debates is harming the forum. It drives off people who wish to seriously engage.

People want to speak about interesting ideas, not deal with the kind of manipulative noise you gave me in your last reply.
SB!

What are you trying to say ? Please tell me where I'm being dishonest?

Thank you kindly.
“Concerning matter, we have been all wrong. What we have called matter is energy, whose vibration has been so lowered as to be perceptible to the senses. There is no matter.” "Spooky Action at a Distance"
― Albert Einstein
GE Morton

Post by GE Morton »

Consul wrote: September 28th, 2022, 2:57 pm
GE Morton wrote: September 27th, 2022, 10:44 pmRegarding #s 1 and 3: We usually consider a "series of actions or events" or a "series of changes or movements" to be a process when we anticipate some result from it. A process is not just any series of changes or events; it is one with a definite starting point and end point --- the end point being the "result." The Earth's orbit around the Sun is a continuous series of changes, but we don't call it a "process." The flow of a river is a continuous action and series of changes, but we don't call that a "process" either.
What do we call it then?
A river, or the solar system. Have you ever heard the Mississippi, the Ganges, the Rhine referred to or described as the "Mississippi Process" or the "Rhine process"?

Expanding the scope of that term in that way is just a contrived "discovery" of some "metaphysical" insight in to the structure of the universe hitherto hidden in a common word. Doing so adds nothing to our knowledge or understanding of rivers or solar systems.
GE Morton

Post by GE Morton »

3017Metaphysician wrote: September 28th, 2022, 2:10 pm
GE Morton wrote: September 28th, 2022, 12:48 pm
Yes, nature, not being a sentient creature, has no intentions. Imputing intentions to natural processes and events is another category mistake. But I confess I don't know what a "gapnof" is, or what bridging it might mean.
Really? If you are considered all material matter, what are your intentions right now?
Huh? Yes, I am a physical (material) entity. Some physical entities --- sentient beings --- are conscious and can have intentions. Most physical entities are not conscious have have no intentions. Are you confused about that?
What would those states of affairs be?
You're asking what is a "state of affairs"? Really?
Well, no, it doesn't. No biological systems, nor any other natural phenomena, systems, events, etc., require any information to exist or to occur. They neither gather any information, convey any information, produce any information, nor act upon any information. You (and Prof. Davis as well, see below) simply don't understand what information is. As I said above, information is knowledge of some state of affairs. Only conscious, sentient creatures know things. Rocks and trees and volcanos and clouds don't "know things." You're committing another category mistake, applying a term for a category of conscious phenomena to non-conscious, inanimate things. You have a habit of doing that, e.g., imputing emotional states to neurons. You're absurdly trying to export phenomena occurring in your own mind into the natural world as components thereof.
I'm not following that. Where did matter come from? How does it exist? Did it always exist? If you are only material matter, why do you exist?
Er, in what way do those questions relate to my comments concerning what is information, above, to which they are (presumably) a response? Sorry if you're not following those comments. I know no way to make them any clearer. It might help if you abandon some of unfounded and incoherent assumptions to which you cling.

But to answer your (irrelevant) questions: The current material contents of the universe "came from" previous material contents, which in turn came from contents previous to those, ad infinitum. Or perhaps the current evolved content began with a "Big Bang," which in turn followed a "Big Crunch" of a previous iteration of the universe. And, yes, something has always existed. Whether "matter" as we know it existed in a previous iteration of the universe, or will exist in a future one, is, of course, impossible to say. As for why I exist, it is because the laws of physics and chemistry produced me, along with billions of other complex compounds and structures.
How do you know that information is not attached to matter? Please explain if you can!
It is "attached to" (possessed by) SOME matter, namely, sentient creatures. But not to non-sentient entities, by virtue of the definition of "information." Information is knowledge. Only entities capable of learning and knowing possess information. *
If all there is is matter, what are those laws, material substances? What is 'our knowledge'? How does material matter have 'knowledge'? You said earlier that it doesn't. Please explain if you are able!
Well, first, matter is not "all there is." We've covered this before. Are you asking me to list all the laws of physics, chemistry, etc., define "material substance" and "knowledge'? If you don't know what those are, how can you possibly think yourself qualified to discuss them?
Biological phenomena are not "information systems." An "information system" is a system WE invent to store or communicate information, i.e., knowledge we have gained about some state of affairs which we consider worth retaining and communicating. Libraries and radio transmitters and telephones and computers are information systems. Rose bushes and amoeba are not.
But humans created those. Are you suggesting a 'creation' of some kind?
Yes, of course. Humans create information systems.
Really? Are you sure about that? Your stream of conscious thoughts have a life of there own, no?
Certainly not. They have a life only as long as my physical body, especially my nervous system, is working properly. When those fail the "stream of conscious thoughts" vanishes.
PS: Note that "information" has a different meaning in information theory. There, "information" is just the number of bits than can be stored in a given medium, or transmitted over a communications channel in a given time. It doesn't matter whether the bits encode any knowledge meaningful or useful to humans.
Are you suggesting 'design' again here? Materialism has nothing to do with 'design' does it?
The material universe has no design. It has patterns, but no design --- a "design" being a pattern which pre-exists the structure embodying it. Humans, of course, produce all kinds of designs, for buildings, automobiles, airplanes, corkscrews, governments, etc.
The Materialist must explain or answer the how's, what, where, why's and when did information emerge from matter.
Information does not "emerge" from matter --- except in the brains of sentient creatures, where it is acquired via their observations of the "external world" and incorporated into the "phenomenal model" they create of that postulated world.

* But see Consul's posts concerning the definitions of "information" above.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

3017Metaphysician wrote: September 28th, 2022, 5:14 pm
Sy Borg wrote: September 28th, 2022, 4:18 pm
Given athat I have merely repeated myself over and over to you, the above is a brazen lie, and this is not appropriate for the forum.

SB!

What are you trying to say ? Please tell me where I'm being dishonest?

Thank you kindly.
1. You claim I am all over the place when I have held a consistent line without shifting one iota.

2. You make phoney speculations about my emotional state, which is a simple lie used to undermine my simple comments.

My points have been been simple, clear and unemotional. Again, I am not a materialist but I respect materialism, given its tremendous successes and the lack of alternative evidence thus far. The fact that materialism has not answered all the mysteries in life in no way makes it "nonsensical", only incomplete. And, again, I also don't claim to know the ultimate answers to reality, which is why I am neither a materialist nor a metaphysics advocate. However, your criticisms of materialism have been disrespectful and shallow.

Please refrain from dishonest tactics, which only distract from the subject matter. Please be fair in your discussions, and avoid the temptation to use the dirty tactics listed above.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

GE Morton wrote: September 28th, 2022, 6:58 pm
GE Morton wrote: September 27th, 2022, 10:44 pmRegarding #s 1 and 3: We usually consider a "series of actions or events" or a "series of changes or movements" to be a process when we anticipate some result from it. A process is not just any series of changes or events; it is one with a definite starting point and end point --- the end point being the "result." The Earth's orbit around the Sun is a continuous series of changes, but we don't call it a "process." The flow of a river is a continuous action and series of changes, but we don't call that a "process" either.
What do we call it then?
A river, or the solar system. Have you ever heard the Mississippi, the Ganges, the Rhine referred to or described as the "Mississippi Process" or the "Rhine process"?

Expanding the scope of that term in that way is just a contrived "discovery" of some "metaphysical" insight in to the structure of the universe hitherto hidden in a common word. Doing so adds nothing to our knowledge or understanding of rivers or solar systems.
I agree with Consul here. The Earth's orbit is a process, as evidenced by all the things that those orbits facilitate. Processes need not be complex. A rock slowly everting into the environment is a process, although it appears to be a static object.

Ultimately, if there are physical changes then there will always be a result. Nothing at a temperature above absolute zero remains static.
Count Lucanor
Favorite Philosopher: Umberto Eco

Post by Count Lucanor »

GE Morton wrote: September 26th, 2022, 12:16 am That argument is circular, because to say that an event is random is to say nothing more than that it is unpredictable. But it is only unpredictable because we can't specify its cause.
That an event or process is random could mean that from the subjective perspective of humans, it is unpredictable, but that's not its essential, objective property. Surely all phenomena is to be grasped by human intellect by means of identifiable patterns, from inferences made by constant conjunctions, and the complexity or richness of such patterns might make them unpredictable, but unpredictability is not the real measure of their complexity. I cannot predict the outcome of the next US election, but that doesn't make it a random process. True randomness of a system could be described as a condition of statistical disorder, where its constitutive elements interact irregularly, not replicating the same pattern every time (therefore, being contingent and unpredictable), and yet they produce identifiable, macroscopic patterns, which can be predicted in terms of probability distribution. Order emerges from disorder. That, of course, can work with deterministic, closed systems. But the case I'm making for the complexity of living systems goes further: to the already existing disorder within the order of nature, a new layer of complexity is added by agency, choice, that is, by introducing teleological guidance into behavioral processes.
GE Morton wrote: September 26th, 2022, 12:16 am That inability doesn't entail that it has no cause. "Randomness" and "random processes" are not causal phenomena. Nor are they substitutes or alternatives for causes; they are just admissions that we don't know what caused the event. When we don't we rely on statistical approximations, such as Markov analyses.
You're stuck to the notion that everything must be understood in terms of causality, but that's precisely the point in contention. The concept of cause is useful, but limited when explaining the most complex systems of nature, such as living organisms, and especially sentient living organisms.
GE Morton wrote: September 26th, 2022, 12:16 am BTW, in deterministic models only the current state of the system determines the succeeding state. The effects of all previous states are embodied in the current state.
Not really:
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/determinism-causal/
  • Determinism: The world is governed by (or is under the sway of) determinism if and only if, given a specified way things are at a time t, the way things go thereafter is fixed as a matter of natural law.
GE Morton wrote: September 26th, 2022, 12:16 am Conceiving consciousness as a "process" is somewhat misleading, as it suggests a series of sequential events resulting in some output, or product. But it is just a general term for denoting a plethora of more-or-less independent phenomenal effects and events. For many of those effects/events the deterministic model works very well. Not so well for others, because the variables are too numerous and hold their states too briefly.
You're implying (being consistent with your fixation with causality) that all processes are linear sequences of events, but processes can also be dynamic, sustained by feedback loops.
The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct.
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
Consul

Post by Consul »

GE Morton wrote: September 28th, 2022, 8:05 pm You're asking what is a "state of affairs"? Really?
That's a legitimate question in philosophy: https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/states-of-affairs/
GE Morton

Post by GE Morton »

Consul wrote: September 28th, 2022, 3:49 pm
GE Morton wrote: September 28th, 2022, 12:48 pmBiological phenomena are not "information systems." An "information system" is a system WE invent to store or communicate information, i.e., knowledge we have gained about some state of affairs which we consider worth retaining and communicating. Libraries and radio transmitters and telephones and computers are information systems. Rose bushes and amoeba are not.
QUOTE:
"[T]here are three main ways of talking about information:

(a) Information as reality, e.g. patterns, fingerprints, tree rings;

(b) Information for reality, e.g. commands, algorithms, recipes;

(c) Information about reality, i.e. with an epistemic value, e.g. train tables, maps, entries in an encyclopaedia.
A useful distinction I learned long ago (from a professor who coined the term) was between information and information-formations.

The tree rings and fingerprints in your case (a) are information-formations. The latter are physical patterns which can convey some knowledge to a sentient creature who knows how to interpret them. But the information is the knowledge gained by reading those information-formations. Written or spoken sentences are also information-formations, conveying (when correctly interpreted) knowledge of how to do something (instructions or recipes) or how to recognize something (descriptions). Tree rings and fingerprints would not be "information" for someone who did not know how to "read" them. They would just be meaningless patterns, such as the shapes of snowflakes or the streaks made by rain on a dirty window.
QUOTE:
"In the precise sense in which one may speak of semantic information, genetic information can hardly count as an instance of it. It simply lacks all its typical features, including meaningfulness, intentionality, aboutness, and veridicality. DNA contains the genetic code, precisely in the sense that it physically contains the genes which code for the development of the phenotypes. So DNA does contain genetic information, like a CD may contain some software. But the genetic code or, better, the genes, are the information itself. Genes do not send information, in the sense in which a radio sends a signal. They work more or less successfully and, like a recipe for a cake, may only partly guarantee the end result, since the environment plays a crucial role. Genes do not contain information, like envelopes or emails do, nor do they describe it, like a blueprint; they are more like performatives: 'I promise to come at 8 pm' does not describe or contain a promise, it does something, namely it effects the promise itself through the uttered words. Genes do not carry information, as a pigeon may carry a message, no more than a key carries the information to open a door. They do not encode instructions, as a string of lines and dots may encode a message in Morse alphabet. True, genes are often said to be the bearers of information, or to carry instructions for the development and functioning organisms, and so forth, but this way of speaking says more about us than about genetics. We regularly talk about our current computers as if they were intelligent—when we know they are not—and we tend to attribute semantic features to genetic structures and processes, which of course are biochemical and not intentional at all. The 'code' vocabulary should not be taken too literally, as if genes were information in a semantic-descriptive sense, lest we run the risk of obfuscating our understanding of genetics. Rather, genes are instructions, and instructions are a type of predicative and effective/procedural information, like recipes, algorithms, and commands. So genes are dynamic procedural structures that, together with other indispensable environmental factors, contribute to control and guide the development of organisms. This is a perfectly respectable sense in which biological information is indeed a kind of information. Dynamic procedural structures are a special type of informational entities, those that are in themselves instructions, programs, or imperatives."

(Floridi, Luciano. Information: A Very Short Introduction. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2010. pp. 79-80)
That one is pretty good.
Consul

Post by Consul »

What do we call it then?

The Earth's orbiting around the Sun is part of the solar system, but it is not a solar system. The process ontologists who reduce physical objects to physical processes, including planets and stars, regard the entire solar system as a complex process.

As for rivers, to which ontological category do they belong if not to the processes? An ontological category is a genus generalissimum, one of the most general genera (kinds) of entities.
Belindi

Post by Belindi »

What do we call it then?

Calling an entity a process implies that entity's state of change. If any entity such as the Mississippi interests people as process, such as a natural ecological system, a designated physical system such as a natural watershed , or perhaps an artefact for irrigation or drainage, or a culture of human behaviour that originated in a specified geographical area , then certainly 'Mississippi system' may well be comprehensible and psychologically fertile.

Any laws concerned with nomenclature are arbitrary not natural. If you dislike metaphysics, as many do, it does not follow that you must also dislike or deprecate the creative function of language.
Consul

Post by Consul »

Count Lucanor wrote: September 28th, 2022, 8:22 pmYou're implying (being consistent with your fixation with causality) that all processes are linear sequences of events, but processes can also be dynamic, sustained by feedback loops.
All events and processes are dynamic entities. Where nothing happens, where nothing changes, where there is no action or motion, there is no event or process.

Return to “General Philosophy”

2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
by Howard Wolk
July 2024

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side
by Thomas Richard Spradlin
June 2024

Neither Safe Nor Effective

Neither Safe Nor Effective
by Dr. Colleen Huber
May 2024

Now or Never

Now or Never
by Mary Wasche
April 2024

Meditations

Meditations
by Marcus Aurelius
March 2024

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

The In-Between: Life in the Micro

The In-Between: Life in the Micro
by Christian Espinosa
January 2024

2023 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream