Announcement: Your votes are in! The January 2019 Philosophy Book of the Month is The Runaway Species: How Human Creativity Remakes the World by David Eagleman and Anthony Brandt.

What is the reason for Human existence?

Use this philosophy forum to discuss and debate general philosophy topics that don't fit into one of the other categories.

This forum is NOT for factual, informational or scientific questions about philosophy (e.g. "What year was Socrates born?"); such homework-help-style questions can be asked and answered on PhiloPedia: The Philosophy Wiki. If your question is not already answered on the appropriate PhiloPedia page, then see How to Request Content on PhiloPedia to see how to ask your informational question using the wiki.
Gordon975

Re: What is the reason for Human existence?

Post by Gordon975 » June 22nd, 2018, 3:04 am

It is believed that in the simplest bacteria gene there are 130 KBP that is 130000 pairs of DNA these have to exist in a certain sequence for the bacteria to exist as a successful life form. Quite how many combinations within a bacteria gene of pairs of DNA would make a viable as a life form I can’t be sure, I would speculate it to be less than 10 %, based on this, the possibility that by chance a viable bacteria would form must be in the region of several billion to 1, a successfully created bacteria would then have to thrive in what would probably be very hostile conditions. I am not a geneticist or a mathematician skilled in the art of permutation, combination or chance I will have to leave that to others, but I would say that due to the complexity of even the simplest gene the creation of life is potentially a once in a universe occurrence, however life could exist every where within the universe, once started, if spread to potentially inhabitable worlds by intellectually evolved life forms such as the human one. Therefore my personal opinion for what its worth is that life exists in most places in the universe that contains liquid water but probably only at the bacteria stage of evolution.