Thoughts on Time and Space.

Use this forum to discuss the philosophy of science. Philosophy of science deals with the assumptions, foundations, and implications of science.
creation
Posts: 1098
Joined: November 22nd, 2019, 10:39 pm

Re: Thoughts on Time and Space.

Post by creation » January 12th, 2020, 10:44 pm

gater wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 4:05 pm
Everything I wrote about the true nature of time and space is true - is factual.
Tell me what is the "true nature" of 'time' and of 'space', or link me to where you supposedly wrote about the true nature of time and space, and I will then ask you a series of questions, which, if you answer them openly and honestly, will themselves reveal and prove that what you say is the "true nature" of 'time' and of 'space' is actually NOT factual at all.

If you are up for this challenge, then let us proceed.

What is the "true nature" of 'time' and of 'space', from your perspective?

gater
Posts: 267
Joined: September 6th, 2019, 12:02 am

Re: Thoughts on Time and Space.

Post by gater » January 13th, 2020, 11:07 pm

Time is the constant, eternal now. Every spot in the Universe experiences the same time. Nothing effects the rate of time, not gravity like the morons think - nothing. There was no beginning of time, and it will continue forever - that is the true nature of time.
The true nature of space is the absence of matter that continues forever.
Don't confuse the space you see at night with the theoretical definition that you probably learned about in Geometry class.

User avatar
Steve3007
Posts: 8018
Joined: June 15th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Eratosthenes of Cyrene
Location: UK

Re: Thoughts on Time and Space.

Post by Steve3007 » January 14th, 2020, 2:35 am

gater wrote:fact ... fact ... fact ... When you understand these facts get back to me.
creation wrote:But you [gater], like the scientific community, are STUCK in your own beliefs of what is true, right, and correct, and therefore are not open to seeing what is actually true, right, AND correct. ... When you understand these facts get back to me.
etc.

What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?

gater
Posts: 267
Joined: September 6th, 2019, 12:02 am

Re: Thoughts on Time and Space.

Post by gater » January 14th, 2020, 3:44 pm

If and/or when you ever discover the truth about the Universe, you'll say to yourself -"damn, gater was right the whole time"

I don't deal with theoretical nonsense - I address what is true.

creation
Posts: 1098
Joined: November 22nd, 2019, 10:39 pm

Re: Thoughts on Time and Space.

Post by creation » January 15th, 2020, 6:06 am

Steve3007 wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 2:35 am
gater wrote:fact ... fact ... fact ... When you understand these facts get back to me.
creation wrote:But you [gater], like the scientific community, are STUCK in your own beliefs of what is true, right, and correct, and therefore are not open to seeing what is actually true, right, AND correct. ... When you understand these facts get back to me.
etc.

What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?
I do not know, what happens when a irresistible force meets an immovable object?

Is there an irresistible force and/or an immovable object?

If yes, then what is it/are they?

creation
Posts: 1098
Joined: November 22nd, 2019, 10:39 pm

Re: Thoughts on Time and Space.

Post by creation » January 15th, 2020, 6:18 am

gater wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 11:07 pm
Time is the constant, eternal now. Every spot in the Universe experiences the same time. Nothing effects the rate of time, not gravity like the morons think - nothing. There was no beginning of time, and it will continue forever - that is the true nature of time.
Is this somehow directed at me?

If yes, then tell us "gater" what is it you think or believe my view is on 'time'?
gater wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 11:07 pm
The true nature of space is the absence of matter that continues forever.
Explain to us "gater" how you are defining the word 'space' here?

Obviously there is NO infinite space absence of matter. But, when you tell us how you are defining the word 'space' here, then you will start making some sense. Look I already obvious KNOW what you are meaning, but until you express it yourself, then as you are proposing this you will not appear as though you know what you are talking about.
gater wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 11:07 pm
Don't confuse the space you see at night with the theoretical definition that you probably learned about in Geometry class.
Besides the obvious FACT that what you are assuming here is beyond ridiculous, especially considering what I have already said and explained, just tell us what does the word 'space' mean to you.

I thought I came in obnoxious, overbearing, and arrogant, but I do this just to evoke a certain response, for something else I am doing, but you are absolutely astonishing. You actually BELIEVE that you know what the one and only Truth is all by yourself, am I correct?

Also, how do you KNOW "the true nature of things" like 'space' and like 'time'.

What I think will be discovered these things do NOT even have a true 'nature', do to the very fact of what these things actually are. (Once again I write in particulars ways to manipulate and evoke certain responses).

gater
Posts: 267
Joined: September 6th, 2019, 12:02 am

Re: Thoughts on Time and Space.

Post by gater » January 15th, 2020, 3:04 pm

You are confused creation - Infinite space is just what I said it is - its a theoretical concept, obviously the night sky isn't empty, but im not talking about what you can see - im talking about what you cant see. You have to understand it with Logic.

creation
Posts: 1098
Joined: November 22nd, 2019, 10:39 pm

Re: Thoughts on Time and Space.

Post by creation » January 17th, 2020, 8:58 am

gater wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 3:04 pm
You are confused creation - Infinite space is just what I said it is - its a theoretical concept, obviously the night sky isn't empty, but im not talking about what you can see - im talking about what you cant see. You have to understand it with Logic.
Ah okay, so 'a theoretical concept' is infinite, to you, and to understand this is with Logic, big L, compared to logic, little l.

So, you must be right. I am the confused one.

Now that that is sorted out we are in total agreement, correct? That is; from your perspective, I am confused, and you are not, correct?

gater
Posts: 267
Joined: September 6th, 2019, 12:02 am

Re: Thoughts on Time and Space.

Post by gater » January 17th, 2020, 3:58 pm

Creation - you are so confused - let me attempt to clear this up for you.
To understand space, you must separate space from matter. Now imagine empty area that continues forever - got that concept? That is what space is - nothing more that empty area that continues forever. This is an absolute fact - its true now, its always been true and it always will be true.
Nothing effects space just as nothing effects time.
Matter is another topic.

creation
Posts: 1098
Joined: November 22nd, 2019, 10:39 pm

Re: Thoughts on Time and Space.

Post by creation » January 18th, 2020, 1:54 am

gater wrote:
January 17th, 2020, 3:58 pm
Creation - you are so confused - let me attempt to clear this up for you.
What do you think or believe that I am "so confused" about exactly?

I have understood, and thus known, what you have been talking about
gater wrote:
January 17th, 2020, 3:58 pm
To understand space, you must separate space from matter.
I already did this 'years' ago.
gater wrote:
January 17th, 2020, 3:58 pm
Now imagine empty area that continues forever - got that concept?
Of course I can imagine this. But 'obviously' this does 'not' actually exist.
gater wrote:
January 17th, 2020, 3:58 pm
That is what space is - nothing more that empty area that continues forever.
I have KNOWN that this is YOUR concept of 'space'. There is obviously an empty area surrounding objects and an empty area between objects, but there is also 'obviously' NO "empty area" that continues forever.

One, however, might surmise that from the very "last" objects from earth, if that could ever been known, and from a particular direction from there, then there is an "empty area of space" that continues on forever, but obviously that is just pure speculation, which may well never be able to be proven true nor falsified. This is just all conjecture and guessing.

I have been questioning you about how 'space' can, in the truest of sense, continue forever 'because' there are 'objects of matter' obviously interrupting your "continuous" aspect of "forever space"? This is 'not' a huge issue 'nor' is this a big deal. I am just highlighting the truth, as I see it.
gater wrote:
January 17th, 2020, 3:58 pm
This is an absolute fact - its true now, its always been true and it always will be true.
Yes the truth is; You 'say' that once you have separated space, from matter, and then you have imagined that that empty area continues forever, and that this concept, which obviously completely disregards all matter, itself, leads to the so called "absolute fact" that "space continues forever". So, the absolute fact is that this is what you 'say', but as for the fact that 'space', or an "empty area", could go on forever, is falsified by just the screen that you are looking at now. This screen is an object of matter, which has interrupted 'space', or and 'empty area', that could go on forever?

What I have done, which is obviously NOT what you do, is I look at ALL things, as they truly are, from a truly open perspective, and not just look at some things, as I want them to be, from my already held beliefs perspective.

To me, space and matter TOGETHER make up the Universe. The Universe is not bounded nor limited in size by anything. Therefore, in this sense, the Universe continues on forever. Always has and always will, in all ways, also, it might be argued. But because 'space', itself, is logically interrupted by the actual physical matter, which exists, then 'space' itself could not, in the truest sense, go on forever.
gater wrote:
January 17th, 2020, 3:58 pm
Nothing effects space just as nothing effects time.
Some would say that actually something does effect 'space' AND 'time'. That 'thing' just being 'matter', itself.

Does matter, by its very physical nature, effect 'space'?

And, if it was not for matter moving and/or changing, then would 'time' even then exist anyway?
gater wrote:
January 17th, 2020, 3:58 pm
Matter is another topic.
Is it?

What effects matter might be another topic, but 'matter', itself, has to be looked at in this topic IF you, as you have done, want to bring up and change this subject about how supposedly "nothing effects space nor time". The very reason WHY 'matter' has to be looked at now is because, from my perspective, matter does effect space and time.

Space would go on forever, if there was no matter, and, time would not have come to exist, if there was no matter.

gater
Posts: 267
Joined: September 6th, 2019, 12:02 am

Re: Thoughts on Time and Space.

Post by gater » January 18th, 2020, 5:11 pm

You are close but you still don't get it - the definition of space when describing the nature of the Universe is "empty area that continues forever" - that is what space is, before you add matter. As I stated before - to understand the true nature of space, you must separate space from matter.
Time has nothing to do with space - time passes at a constant rate everywhere in the Universe, always has, always will.
Matter has been forming galaxies over and over forever.

gater
Posts: 267
Joined: September 6th, 2019, 12:02 am

Re: Thoughts on Time and Space.

Post by gater » January 19th, 2020, 7:54 pm

After reading the input from this group, ive concluded that I am the only one here that fully understands the Universe. RJG and creation are both close, but both have flaws in their conclusions. Some of you are way off.
As I already stated the only path to understanding the Universe is understanding the true nature of time, space, and matter.

Post Reply