Gravity killed the dinosaurs

Use this forum to discuss the philosophy of science. Philosophy of science deals with the assumptions, foundations, and implications of science.
DarwinX
Favorite Philosopher: Stephen Hurrell

Re: Gravity killed the dinosaurs

Post by DarwinX »

Bohm2 wrote:
DarwinX wrote:You haven't included the possibility of dark matter (aether) accretion at the Earth's core. This is what causes gravity. Gravity is the result of aetheric or dark matter pressure being applied to the Earth. This has been verified by a number of the world's top astronomers. Reference - Prof Brian Schmidt at Mount Stromlo Observatory (Nobel prize winner)
Dark matter might be all around us (the search for it continues); however, the amount is so tiny that the gravitational effect on Earth and Earth-bound objects is unmeasurable. If it was measurable, the gravitational constant would be different. So, dark matter remains almost exactly as spread-out as it started. Because it can't collapse into dense objects, there's just not very much around the earth.
According to the laws of logic and infinity. The universe is infinity large and infinity small. The infinity small aspect is repeatedly overlooked by scientists and others. Because you can't see or detect anything in space, doesn't necessarily mean that there is nothing there. Gravity, light, electricity and magnetism all reveal to us that there are invisible particles which hover around us constantly. They are pushing against us in the form of gravity and magnetism. The visible universe is an illusion - matter is empty and space is full. Galactic spin causes aetheric bubbles to form which we call matter. Gravity is just a pressure imbalance correction force.

-- Updated October 10th, 2014, 2:11 pm to add the following --
DarwinX wrote:
Bohm2 wrote: (Nested quote removed.)

Dark matter might be all around us (the search for it continues); however, the amount is so tiny that the gravitational effect on Earth and Earth-bound objects is unmeasurable. If it was measurable, the gravitational constant would be different. So, dark matter remains almost exactly as spread-out as it started. Because it can't collapse into dense objects, there's just not very much around the earth.
According to the laws of logic and infinity. The universe is infinity large and infinity small. The infinity small aspect is repeatedly overlooked by scientists and others. Because you can't see or detect anything in space, doesn't necessarily mean that there is nothing there. Gravity, light, electricity and magnetism all reveal to us that there are invisible particles which hover around us constantly. They are pushing against us in the form of gravity and magnetism. The visible universe is an illusion - matter is empty and space is full. Galactic spin causes aetheric bubbles to form which we call matter. Gravity is just a pressure imbalance correction force.

-- Updated October 10th, 2014, 2:13 pm to add the following --
DarwinX wrote:You haven't included the possibility of dark matter (aether) accretion at the Earth's core. This is what causes gravity. Gravity is the result of aetheric or dark matter pressure being applied to the Earth. This has been verified by a number of the world's top astronomers. Reference - Prof Brian Schmidt at Mount Stromlo Observatory (Nobel prize winner)

-- Updated October 10th, 2014, 2:11 pm to add the following --
DarwinX wrote:
Bohm2 wrote: (Nested quote removed.)

-- Updated October 10th, 2014, 2:14 pm to add the following --
Dark matter might be all around us (the search for it continues); however, the amount is so tiny that the gravitational effect on Earth and Earth-bound objects is unmeasurable. If it was measurable, the gravitational constant would be different. So, dark matter remains almost exactly as spread-out as it started. Because it can't collapse into dense objects, there's just not very much around the earth.[/quote]

According to the laws of logic and infinity. The universe is infinity large and infinity small. The infinity small aspect is repeatedly overlooked by scientists and others. Because you can't see or detect anything in space, doesn't necessarily mean that there is nothing there. Gravity, light, electricity and magnetism all reveal to us that there are invisible particles which hover around us constantly. They are pushing against us in the form of gravity and magnetism. The visible universe is an illusion - matter is empty and space is full. Galactic spin causes aetheric bubbles to form which we call matter. Gravity is just a pressure imbalance correction force.[/quote]

-- Updated October 10th, 2014, 2:14 pm to add the following --
DarwinX wrote: Dark matter might be all around us (the search for it continues); however, the amount is so tiny that the gravitational effect on Earth and Earth-bound objects is unmeasurable. If it was measurable, the gravitational constant would be different. So, dark matter remains almost exactly as spread-out as it started. Because it can't collapse into dense objects, there's just not very much around the earth.

According to the laws of logic and infinity. The universe is infinity large and infinity small. The infinity small aspect is repeatedly overlooked by scientists and others. Because you can't see or detect anything in space, doesn't necessarily mean that there is nothing there. Gravity, light, electricity and magnetism all reveal to us that there are invisible particles which hover around us constantly. They are pushing against us in the form of gravity and magnetism. The visible universe is an illusion - matter is empty and space is full. Galactic spin causes aetheric bubbles to form which we call matter. Gravity is just a pressure imbalance correction force.[/quote]
[/quote]

-- Updated October 10th, 2014, 2:15 pm to add the following --
DarwinX wrote:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.
Atreyu
Favorite Philosopher: P.D. Ouspensky

Post by Atreyu »

I'm glad to see that someone else on these forums has picked up on one of the most cutting edge and important ideas in the realm of science. The Growing Earth theory is bound to upset many established ideas, including big bang theory, and it has much evidence in its favor, which modern science is adamant about ignoring.

I agree with your ideas, DarwinX. A growing Earth explains both the dinosaurs large size as well as their eventual extinction. And it also explains the formation of mountain ranges, the Great Lakes, the stratified age of the younger ocean floor and its obvious rifting, and many other things.

Nice post Darwin.
DarwinX

Post by DarwinX »

Atreyu wrote:I'm glad to see that someone else on these forums has picked up on one of the most cutting edge and important ideas in the realm of science. The Growing Earth theory is bound to upset many established ideas, including big bang theory, and it has much evidence in its favor, which modern science is adamant about ignoring.

I agree with your ideas, DarwinX. A growing Earth explains both the dinosaurs large size as well as their eventual extinction. And it also explains the formation of mountain ranges, the Great Lakes, the stratified age of the younger ocean floor and its obvious rifting, and many other things.

Nice post Darwin.
I am glad there is at least one other person on planet Earth that sees what I am saying is true and real. You can get a copy of Stephen Hurrell's book - Dinosaurs and the Expanding Earth online for further information and data to confirm your thinking and to reveal the scientific evidence in full.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.
Bohm2
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell

Post by Bohm2 »

Atreyu wrote:The Growing Earth theory is bound to upset many established ideas, including big bang theory, and it has much evidence in its favor, which modern science is adamant about ignoring.
What is this "much evidence"?
Gulnara

Post by Gulnara »

DarwinX wrote:I propose that the dinosaurs didn't go extinct because of a meteor crashing to Earth. But, instead, that the gradual increase of the size of the earth over a period of millions of years has caused a gradual shrinking of the size of all animals. I have plenty of proof and evidence to prove that this is in fact true and that the meteor theory is a load of rubbish.
The arthritis then killed them? I heard something of that sort.

-- Updated Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:49 pm to add the following --

Dinosaurs were probably living half time in a water, like hippos , and water would make their bodies lighter. When water would dry up, or get shallow, they'd suffer from overheating and bone problems.
DarwinX

Post by DarwinX »

Gulnara wrote:
DarwinX wrote:I propose that the dinosaurs didn't go extinct because of a meteor crashing to Earth. But, instead, that the gradual increase of the size of the earth over a period of millions of years has caused a gradual shrinking of the size of all animals. I have plenty of proof and evidence to prove that this is in fact true and that the meteor theory is a load of rubbish.
The arthritis then killed them? I heard something of that sort.

-- Updated Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:49 pm to add the following --

Dinosaurs were probably living half time in a water, like hippos , and water would make their bodies lighter. When water would dry up, or get shallow, they'd suffer from overheating and bone problems.
If dinosaurs were living half their life in water, then, they would look like hippos and not like dinosaurs. Your conclusions are illogical.
Atreyu
Favorite Philosopher: P.D. Ouspensky

Post by Atreyu »

Just so you know, Darwin, we Growing Earth theorists are heavily leaning towards pair production (Wikipedia has a good link to get started) as being the cause of new matter/mass being generated in the cores of planets. The high temperatures and densities we find in the cores of planets are the perfect environment for pair production to occur. Accretion and meteorites cannot explain this new mass.
3uGH7D4MLj

Post by 3uGH7D4MLj »

Mechsmith wrote:There are many factors involved when a species or a society fails to thrive. To argue which one was most important is probably futile. For instance there is probably no single factor that caused the decline of Rome, or Babylon. Currently the so called western civilization is probably being supplanted by other cultures. Why, ascendancy of Muslim thought? Education of the masses? Ebola? Homosexuality?

However gravity may make it impossible for large animals to survive now. Whether it killed them is less likely. Just one factor among many :?:
I've often thought that the gravity was less when the big reptiles roamed. Or that the air was thicker somehow so the pterodactyls could fly. I think it's a idea worth considering but the conversation is pretty ugly here, chryssake. I'll just lurk.
fair to say
PeterKinnon

Post by PeterKinnon »

That an increase in surface gravity was responsible for the demise of very high mass terrestrial animals is a most interesting proposition. I have always been rather skeptical of the catastrophic scenario!

I am very busy at present but will take this issue up in the new blog I will be setting up in conjunction with my latest book "The Intricacy Generator: Pushing Chemistry and Geometry Uphill". which is in the process of publication.

Status on this will be found on the "Unusual Perspectives" website, where my previous books are also available for free download in e-book formats.
Rederic
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell

Post by Rederic »

PeterKinnon wrote:That an increase in surface gravity was responsible for the demise of very high mass terrestrial animals is a most interesting proposition. I have always been rather skeptical of the catastrophic scenario!

I am very busy at present but will take this issue up in the new blog I will be setting up in conjunction with my latest book "The Intricacy Generator: Pushing Chemistry and Geometry Uphill". which is in the process of publication.

Status on this will be found on the "Unusual Perspectives" website, where my previous books are also available for free download in e-book formats.
Someone else with books to sell.
Religion is at its best when it makes us ask hard questions of ourselves.
It is at its worst when it deludes us into thinking we have all the answers for everybody else.
Archibald Macleish.
RenDaHai
New Trial Member

Post by RenDaHai »

The Expanding Earth theory does have some attractive points.

But gravity is inversely proportional to radius. F=GMm/r^2, For example the 'surface' gravity of Jupiter is only about 2.5 times that of Earth despite being over 300 times the mass.

On a smaller planet of the same mass, gravity is much higher. If you assume that the Earth was originally such a size that all the current continents fitted together without an ocean in between, then the figure comes out about 3.5 times the current gravity.

Mass accretion doesn't make sense for many reasons, a visual one is it would change the shape of the continents, Expanding Earths most attractive point is that earth expanded at the ocean trenches, like a balloon expanding from inside. Mass accretion simply doesn't fit. And it would have to be a lot more than people think because even a lesser mass Earth would still have higher gravity at such a small radius.

However I am not suggesting to completely abandon the expanding Earth theory, it has some amazing points. Mountain formation because of flattening of the originally more curved continents is a very attractive mechanism and there are many things that fit. Even recent discoveries of water locked in minerals inside the Earths crust can explain away some of the water problems.

But how does this work with Dinosaurs? On an earth with 3.5 times gravity the surface atmosphere would be considerably thicker. Maybe dinosaurs 'swam' through it, it helping to support their bulk. Alternatively maybe there were more shallow seas and dinosaurs walked through water a lot of the time.

All in all Plate tectonics certainly wins the day, but there is room for the Expanding Earth theory and it should be investigated further. However I do believe 'mass accretion' is a dead end and Expanding Earth theorists should accept that gravity would be much higher on a smaller Earth, but that of this fact itself not all the implications are understood.
DarwinX

Post by DarwinX »

RenDaHai wrote:
But gravity is inversely proportional to radius. F=GMm/r^2, For example the 'surface' gravity of Jupiter is only about 2.5 times that of Earth despite being over 300 times the mass.

On a smaller planet of the same mass, gravity is much higher. If you assume that the Earth was originally such a size that all the current continents fitted together without an ocean in between, then the figure comes out about 3.5 times the current gravity.

Tell that to the astronauts that walked on the moon. They would have a good laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mass accretion doesn't make sense for many reasons, a visual one is it would change the shape of the continents, Expanding Earths most attractive point is that earth expanded at the ocean trenches, like a balloon expanding from inside. Mass accretion simply doesn't fit. And it would have to be a lot more than people think because even a lesser mass Earth would still have higher gravity at such a small radius.
The shape of the continents has changed. Note - At the equator there is a slight twist (Indonesia and Central America)both in the same direction due to the spinning earth.
RenDaHai
New Trial Member

Post by RenDaHai »

DarwinX wrote: Tell that to the astronauts that walked on the moon. They would have a good laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But the fact that they 'walked' on the moon at all is entirely because of this principle. The moon has just 1/80th the mass of the Earth and yet a startling 1/6th the gravity of the Earth. If it had just 1/80th the gravity they would not be able to walk on it at all, they would fly. It has such a high gravity because gravity is inversely proportional to the radius SQUARED.

Gravity α Mass/Radius squared

For example, for the Earth to have half the gravity AND half the radius it would have to have 1/8th the mass. Meaning if say the original Earth was in this state, the current Earth would be 7/8th accreted matter. All in the space of time since the dinosaurs (65 million years). Some quick maths tells me thats equivalent to a 2 mile diameter sphere of pure lead crashing into Earth every single day for 65 million years.

Accretion is a dead end. But thats no reason to abandon the idea. The effects a higher gravity would have on life are not really that predictable and I don't think anybody has tried investigating it (by say, growing fruit flies in a centrifuge) so I am not sure anyone could say with confidence what life would be like on a high gravity Earth, there are too many unknowns. For all I know, it could be dinosaurs.
DarwinX

Post by DarwinX »

RenDaHai wrote:
DarwinX wrote: Tell that to the astronauts that walked on the moon. They would have a good laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But the fact that they 'walked' on the moon at all is entirely because of this principle. The moon has just 1/80th the mass of the Earth and yet a startling 1/6th the gravity of the Earth. If it had just 1/80th the gravity they would not be able to walk on it at all, they would fly. It has such a high gravity because gravity is inversely proportional to the radius SQUARED.

Gravity α Mass/Radius squared

For example, for the Earth to have half the gravity AND half the radius it would have to have 1/8th the mass. Meaning if say the original Earth was in this state, the current Earth would be 7/8th accreted matter. All in the space of time since the dinosaurs (65 million years). Some quick maths tells me thats equivalent to a 2 mile diameter sphere of pure lead crashing into Earth every single day for 65 million years.

According to Stephen Hurrell, mechanical engineer and author of Dinosaurs and the Expanding Earth. Smaller planets than Earth have lesser gravity not more. The moon's gravity is 1.62 pounds /cubic cm. Its size is also only 1/6 th the size of Earth, therefore, your calculations are incorrect.

Accretion is a dead end. But thats no reason to abandon the idea. The effects a higher gravity would have on life are not really that predictable and I don't think anybody has tried investigating it (by say, growing fruit flies in a centrifuge) so I am not sure anyone could say with confidence what life would be like on a high gravity Earth, there are too many unknowns. For all I know, it could be dinosaurs.
The moon's gravity is 1.62 meters per square second. It's radius is 1,738km. Earth's gravity is 9.798 and its radius is 6,371 km. The Moon's gravity is 1/6th of Earth's gravity and the size difference is 1/4th.

Mars would be a good model of what Earth looked like 200 million years ago in terms of size and gravity. Mars' gravity is 3.71 and its radius is 3,390km. That's about 50% of Earth's gravity! Perfect! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Both the moon and Mars have riffs occurring around their equators as predicted by the Expanding planet theory. The moon - Valley of the Alps and Ariadaeus Rill and Mars has Valles Marineris.
TimBandTech
Favorite Philosopher: Kant

Post by TimBandTech »

I'm sympathetic to your theory too. I am not practiced in plate tectonics so my opinion is just that. Still, it is known that construction in certain materials limits the constructible size so for instance wooden buildings will only reach to five stories as I recall. If such structural engineering can be applied to bone and its accretion within the animal itself, then support for reduced gravity during the life of dinosaurs would exist.

I used to entertain a theory that Pangaea was a second moon (M2) of Earth which crashed gently into Earth. This is partially consistent with your theory, but does not rely upon the accretion of material. Another detail that I have heard divergent opinions on is the accumulation of fossil fuels and where they are found. Whether their presence is due to plate tectonics may be challenged.

I suppose the weakest part of an M2 crash type of theory is the violence of the encounter. Well, if atmospherics are involved than the drag could be such that an elliptic path gets corrected into a circular path due to the drag effect being maximum at minimum distance. This would establish a gentle crash even for an initial elliptic orbit, and the time taken of such a collision could be quite lengthy, though still there would be some awful violence when the fluid friction drags the supposed M2 down to the point of material collision. Well then too that supposedly solid material would be acting as a fluid, so as long as the bodies were tidally locked we would be looking at rather a strange planet for a period of time. It's a bit mickey mouse isn't it?

Humans are becoming more aware of the lack of stability of the solar system, and these theories that we play with are pushing against steady state presumptions, which are not necessarily even stated as such. Whether life could survive an M2 gentle collision would be an interesting analysis, but one that I am not honestly equipped to perform. Whether there are conundrums within the existing science that it would resolve... or your own theory... that is an important matter. I do believe that you may find some interesting factors in the presence of fossil fuels and perhaps in the presence of high density materials at the earth's surface.

If nothing else it is great fun to come up with our own theories and discuss them. I am in agreement that science and the course it has taken and the momentum of its position are cause for pause. If nothing else is so convincing let's not forget that we are humans working on these details, and humans are generally gullible. We come from a blank slate that our culture fills out. Little is actually re-derived from the past works. It is instead mimicry which we practice, and our abilities to discern the truth are obviously so limited.
DarwinX wrote:
Atreyu wrote:I'm glad to see that someone else on these forums has picked up on one of the most cutting edge and important ideas in the realm of science. The Growing Earth theory is bound to upset many established ideas, including big bang theory, and it has much evidence in its favor, which modern science is adamant about ignoring.

Nice post Darwin.
I am glad there is at least one other person on planet Earth that sees what I am saying is true and real. You can get a copy of Stephen Hurrell's book - Dinosaurs and the Expanding Earth online for further information and data to confirm your thinking and to reveal the scientific evidence in full.

Return to “Philosophy of Science”

2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
by Howard Wolk
July 2024

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side
by Thomas Richard Spradlin
June 2024

Neither Safe Nor Effective

Neither Safe Nor Effective
by Dr. Colleen Huber
May 2024

Now or Never

Now or Never
by Mary Wasche
April 2024

Meditations

Meditations
by Marcus Aurelius
March 2024

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

The In-Between: Life in the Micro

The In-Between: Life in the Micro
by Christian Espinosa
January 2024

2023 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream