Thoughts on Time and Space.

Use this forum to discuss the philosophy of science. Philosophy of science deals with the assumptions, foundations, and implications of science.
creation

Re: Thoughts on Time and Space.

Post by creation »

gater wrote: January 11th, 2020, 4:05 pm Everything I wrote about the true nature of time and space is true - is factual.
Tell me what is the "true nature" of 'time' and of 'space', or link me to where you supposedly wrote about the true nature of time and space, and I will then ask you a series of questions, which, if you answer them openly and honestly, will themselves reveal and prove that what you say is the "true nature" of 'time' and of 'space' is actually NOT factual at all.

If you are up for this challenge, then let us proceed.

What is the "true nature" of 'time' and of 'space', from your perspective?
gater

Post by gater »

Time is the constant, eternal now. Every spot in the Universe experiences the same time. Nothing effects the rate of time, not gravity like the morons think - nothing. There was no beginning of time, and it will continue forever - that is the true nature of time.
The true nature of space is the absence of matter that continues forever.
Don't confuse the space you see at night with the theoretical definition that you probably learned about in Geometry class.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

gater wrote:fact ... fact ... fact ... When you understand these facts get back to me.
creation wrote:But you [gater], like the scientific community, are STUCK in your own beliefs of what is true, right, and correct, and therefore are not open to seeing what is actually true, right, AND correct. ... When you understand these facts get back to me.
etc.

What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?
gater

Post by gater »

If and/or when you ever discover the truth about the Universe, you'll say to yourself -"damn, gater was right the whole time"

I don't deal with theoretical nonsense - I address what is true.
creation

Post by creation »

Steve3007 wrote: January 14th, 2020, 2:35 am
gater wrote:fact ... fact ... fact ... When you understand these facts get back to me.
creation wrote:But you [gater], like the scientific community, are STUCK in your own beliefs of what is true, right, and correct, and therefore are not open to seeing what is actually true, right, AND correct. ... When you understand these facts get back to me.
etc.

What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?
I do not know, what happens when a irresistible force meets an immovable object?

Is there an irresistible force and/or an immovable object?

If yes, then what is it/are they?
creation

Post by creation »

gater wrote: January 13th, 2020, 11:07 pm Time is the constant, eternal now. Every spot in the Universe experiences the same time. Nothing effects the rate of time, not gravity like the morons think - nothing. There was no beginning of time, and it will continue forever - that is the true nature of time.
Is this somehow directed at me?

If yes, then tell us "gater" what is it you think or believe my view is on 'time'?
gater wrote: January 13th, 2020, 11:07 pm The true nature of space is the absence of matter that continues forever.
Explain to us "gater" how you are defining the word 'space' here?

Obviously there is NO infinite space absence of matter. But, when you tell us how you are defining the word 'space' here, then you will start making some sense. Look I already obvious KNOW what you are meaning, but until you express it yourself, then as you are proposing this you will not appear as though you know what you are talking about.
gater wrote: January 13th, 2020, 11:07 pm Don't confuse the space you see at night with the theoretical definition that you probably learned about in Geometry class.
Besides the obvious FACT that what you are assuming here is beyond ridiculous, especially considering what I have already said and explained, just tell us what does the word 'space' mean to you.

I thought I came in obnoxious, overbearing, and arrogant, but I do this just to evoke a certain response, for something else I am doing, but you are absolutely astonishing. You actually BELIEVE that you know what the one and only Truth is all by yourself, am I correct?

Also, how do you KNOW "the true nature of things" like 'space' and like 'time'.

What I think will be discovered these things do NOT even have a true 'nature', do to the very fact of what these things actually are. (Once again I write in particulars ways to manipulate and evoke certain responses).
gater

Post by gater »

You are confused creation - Infinite space is just what I said it is - its a theoretical concept, obviously the night sky isn't empty, but im not talking about what you can see - im talking about what you cant see. You have to understand it with Logic.
creation

Post by creation »

gater wrote: January 15th, 2020, 3:04 pm You are confused creation - Infinite space is just what I said it is - its a theoretical concept, obviously the night sky isn't empty, but im not talking about what you can see - im talking about what you cant see. You have to understand it with Logic.
Ah okay, so 'a theoretical concept' is infinite, to you, and to understand this is with Logic, big L, compared to logic, little l.

So, you must be right. I am the confused one.

Now that that is sorted out we are in total agreement, correct? That is; from your perspective, I am confused, and you are not, correct?
gater

Post by gater »

Creation - you are so confused - let me attempt to clear this up for you.
To understand space, you must separate space from matter. Now imagine empty area that continues forever - got that concept? That is what space is - nothing more that empty area that continues forever. This is an absolute fact - its true now, its always been true and it always will be true.
Nothing effects space just as nothing effects time.
Matter is another topic.
creation

Post by creation »

gater wrote: January 17th, 2020, 3:58 pm Creation - you are so confused - let me attempt to clear this up for you.
What do you think or believe that I am "so confused" about exactly?

I have understood, and thus known, what you have been talking about
gater wrote: January 17th, 2020, 3:58 pm To understand space, you must separate space from matter.
I already did this 'years' ago.
gater wrote: January 17th, 2020, 3:58 pm Now imagine empty area that continues forever - got that concept?
Of course I can imagine this. But 'obviously' this does 'not' actually exist.
gater wrote: January 17th, 2020, 3:58 pmThat is what space is - nothing more that empty area that continues forever.
I have KNOWN that this is YOUR concept of 'space'. There is obviously an empty area surrounding objects and an empty area between objects, but there is also 'obviously' NO "empty area" that continues forever.

One, however, might surmise that from the very "last" objects from earth, if that could ever been known, and from a particular direction from there, then there is an "empty area of space" that continues on forever, but obviously that is just pure speculation, which may well never be able to be proven true nor falsified. This is just all conjecture and guessing.

I have been questioning you about how 'space' can, in the truest of sense, continue forever 'because' there are 'objects of matter' obviously interrupting your "continuous" aspect of "forever space"? This is 'not' a huge issue 'nor' is this a big deal. I am just highlighting the truth, as I see it.
gater wrote: January 17th, 2020, 3:58 pm This is an absolute fact - its true now, its always been true and it always will be true.
Yes the truth is; You 'say' that once you have separated space, from matter, and then you have imagined that that empty area continues forever, and that this concept, which obviously completely disregards all matter, itself, leads to the so called "absolute fact" that "space continues forever". So, the absolute fact is that this is what you 'say', but as for the fact that 'space', or an "empty area", could go on forever, is falsified by just the screen that you are looking at now. This screen is an object of matter, which has interrupted 'space', or and 'empty area', that could go on forever?

What I have done, which is obviously NOT what you do, is I look at ALL things, as they truly are, from a truly open perspective, and not just look at some things, as I want them to be, from my already held beliefs perspective.

To me, space and matter TOGETHER make up the Universe. The Universe is not bounded nor limited in size by anything. Therefore, in this sense, the Universe continues on forever. Always has and always will, in all ways, also, it might be argued. But because 'space', itself, is logically interrupted by the actual physical matter, which exists, then 'space' itself could not, in the truest sense, go on forever.
gater wrote: January 17th, 2020, 3:58 pm Nothing effects space just as nothing effects time.
Some would say that actually something does effect 'space' AND 'time'. That 'thing' just being 'matter', itself.

Does matter, by its very physical nature, effect 'space'?

And, if it was not for matter moving and/or changing, then would 'time' even then exist anyway?
gater wrote: January 17th, 2020, 3:58 pm Matter is another topic.
Is it?

What effects matter might be another topic, but 'matter', itself, has to be looked at in this topic IF you, as you have done, want to bring up and change this subject about how supposedly "nothing effects space nor time". The very reason WHY 'matter' has to be looked at now is because, from my perspective, matter does effect space and time.

Space would go on forever, if there was no matter, and, time would not have come to exist, if there was no matter.
gater

Post by gater »

You are close but you still don't get it - the definition of space when describing the nature of the Universe is "empty area that continues forever" - that is what space is, before you add matter. As I stated before - to understand the true nature of space, you must separate space from matter.
Time has nothing to do with space - time passes at a constant rate everywhere in the Universe, always has, always will.
Matter has been forming galaxies over and over forever.
gater

Post by gater »

After reading the input from this group, ive concluded that I am the only one here that fully understands the Universe. RJG and creation are both close, but both have flaws in their conclusions. Some of you are way off.
As I already stated the only path to understanding the Universe is understanding the true nature of time, space, and matter.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

gater wrote: January 18th, 2020, 5:11 pm You are close but you still don't get it - the definition of space when describing the nature of the Universe is "empty area that continues forever" - that is what space is, before you add matter. As I stated before - to understand the true nature of space, you must separate space from matter.
Time has nothing to do with space - time passes at a constant rate everywhere in the Universe, always has, always will.
Matter has been forming galaxies over and over forever.
If anyone doesn't understand the nature of space and time then it's you. But think what you like.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

PAntoneO wrote: December 11th, 2019, 10:03 pm
ovdtogt wrote: December 10th, 2019, 1:55 pm I would like to share my laymans view of the Universe. Perhaps someone can give it a lookover and give me some helpful criticism.

Everything traveling at or under the speed of light experiences I.e. witnesses the passage of time (TimeSpeed). Everything that exist beyond the speed of light does not experience time, TimeSpeed is zero. Travelling faster than the speed of light, TimeSpeed not exist. Time itself ceases to exist and mass ceases to exist.
I think you have some misconceptions about Einstein's Relativity, assuming this is what you're trying to describe.

One of the experiments that supposedly supports the Relativity Theory, was to send out a very fast plane with a clock on board, when it returned, the control clock that had been synchronized when the plane left was running ahead of the clock on the plane. Even if this was just one of Einstein's famous thought experiments, it still shows that the speed of light (SoL) was not intended to be a hard line like you envision.

The faster you travel, the slower time progresses. But at the same time, mass expands. That's why in all the SF movies when the spaceship jumps into hyper-drive you see the lone lines moving off into the distances. That's the mas elongating, as time slows down for the ship.

I didn't really read past your first few paragraphs, so that's all I have.
"The faster you travel, the slower time progresses. But at the same time, mass expands. That's why in all the SF movies when the spaceship jumps into hyper-drive you see the lone lines moving off into the distances. That's the mas elongating, as time slows down for the ship."

While in fact the ship should contract. Space contracts, time dilates.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

ovdtogt wrote: December 10th, 2019, 1:55 pm I would like to share my laymans view of the Universe. Perhaps someone can give it a lookover and give me some helpful criticism.

Everything traveling at or under the speed of light experiences I.e. witnesses the passage of time (TimeSpeed). Everything that exist beyond the speed of light does not experience time, TimeSpeed is zero. Travelling faster than the speed of light, TimeSpeed not exist. Time itself ceases to exist and mass ceases to exist.
This is the realm of Eternity. (No time, no TimeSpeed). A photon is almost timeless with almost the fastest SpaceSpeed and the slowest TimeSpeed and is therefor almost Eternal. If not killed a photon has an almost Eternal life. It will not die and will live almost forever. Photons were created at the birth of the Universe and will be all that is left at the end. Photons will be the last remnants of the Universe. Everything in between has been the life of the Universe (the place where Time has existed). From timelessness to timelessness. Eternity to Eternity.

The creation of mass ( of the Photon) speeds up TimeSpeed. The 'here and now' is where TimeSpeed is the fastest. At a certain point as mass increases TimeSpeed reaches it maximum to then slow down as it approaches a black hole). Over the event horizon TimeSpeed has returned to zero.

The speeding up of TimeSpeed and slowing down of SpaceSpeed coincides with the buildup of mass. TimeSpeed/SpaceSpeed and mass are partners in crime: The Yin/Yang of the Universe.
The 'here and now' is where TimeSpeed is the fastest (the highest concentration of Mass before it collapse into a black hole).
We are travelling on the edge of Time speeding away from where Time stands still. We are indeed Time travellers almost standing still in Space.
Photons are Spacetravellers almost standing still in Time.
The creation of the Universe is the creation of Time. The first things to be created were the slowest things to move in Time (photons).
Because TimeSpeed was almost zero and SpaceSpeed almost 100%, space was created in almost no Time at all.
Photons are at the edge of space and we are at the edge of Time. The edge of Time and the edge of Space meet in SpaceTime.
Photons are the messengers from the beginning of Time at the edge of Time. We are at the edge of Time where Time is being created. And photons are at the edge of space where space is being created. We inhabit SpaceTime. Mass creates Time and Speed creates Space.
Photons are in TimeSpace and we are in SpaceTime which is the same.

Eternity is the absence of TimeSpeed and the absence of Space. Photons are almost eternal. Their TimeSpeed is (almost) zero. Their clocks move very slowly (TimeSpeed close to 0)
Mass has the fastest TimeSpeed. Their clocks move the fastest. The creation of the Universe was the creation of TimeSpeed (Time itself). Everything comes from timelessness and pure Energy which is Eternal because it travels faster than the speed of light and ceases to exist ( TimeSpeed does not exist so Time does not exist). Pure Energy is Timelessness is Eternal. Everything is created from a timeless, spaceless pure Energy.

TimeSpeed zero is eternity. Time starts with non-zero TimeSpeed and 100% SpaceSpeed.
This 'substance' (whatever it is) can be considered pure energy. Timeless and Spaceless. A perturbation?? starts the clock ticking (TimeSpeed commences) and a less pure form of energy is created (non-zero mass). This non-zero mass travels faster than the speed of light to create the Universe (Inflation). During this inflation period, energy is occupying a larger and larger space causing the dilution of energy thereby increasing the mass of the non-zero mass until the first photons are formed.

The 'here and now' is where TimeSpeed is relative to the effects mass. As mass increases to a certain maximum until it collapses on itself into infinite mass. TimeSpeed increases to a certain maximum and then as it approaches and goes over the event horizon collapses into zero. Infinite mass meets zero TimeSpeed (time stops). This singularity is timeless/eternal until ripped apart by the expansion of the Universe.

Gravity is the effects of TimeSpeed on Mass. What mass is experiencing is the slowing down of TimeSpeed. As a photon approaches mass it is effected by the Timespeed curvature created by mass. Mass has a much faster TimeSpeed, but a much slower SpaceSpeed than a Photon. As the photon approaches the mass the side closest to the mass slows down more that the opposing side, making the photon bend it's path towards the mass. We see this as the bending of the light. And we experience this as the pull of gravity. It is in fact the differential TimeSpeeds we are experiencing. There is no pull of Gravity. Just a slowing down of TimeSpeed and an acceleration of SpaceSpeed towards the the center of the mass. As SpaceSpeed increases TimeSpeed slows down.
What caused the creation mass that created Time and Space? What was the perturbation?
Nice thoughts. Near the central singularity, time fluctuated, like the virtual fields did. The clock on photons doesn't tic-tac. They constitute the same instantaneous interaction as photons in a Newtonian spacetime would do. There is no cause and effect though, in such a universe, and neither can mass exist. A finite SOL guarantees mass and cause and effect, i.e. entropic time.

Return to “Philosophy of Science”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream