So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Use this forum to discuss the philosophy of science. Philosophy of science deals with the assumptions, foundations, and implications of science.
Atla

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by Atla »

evolution wrote: May 30th, 2020, 9:11 pm
Atla wrote: May 30th, 2020, 9:47 am
A lie is a lie is a lie.
OF COURSE a lie is a lie. BUT, I asked you, WHERE IS THE SUPPOSED LIE?

You, ONCE AGAIN, failed to answer the clarifying question.

I suggest that if you want to make a claim here, then you have, at least, one thing to back up and support your claim BEFORE you make the actual claim.
Atla wrote: May 30th, 2020, 9:47 am Lying to most people is easy, manipulating most people is easy.
But 'lying' does NOT necessarily have to have absolutely anything at all to do with 'manipulating'.
Atla wrote: May 30th, 2020, 9:47 am It's just that some people have the decency not to resort to it. Not something you can understand, apparently.
Let us see if you have the decency to provide evidence for your allegations. If you think or believe that I have lied absolutely anywhere, then bring that forward for us to take a look at it.

Also, you have absolutely NO idea at all what the word 'manipulation' means, from the definition that I am using it here. In fact you are SHOWING that you have absolutely NO understanding of what is actually happening here now, and you NEVER will until you start asking some clarifying questions.
I understand what's happening here now just fine, thank you. :)
True philosophy points to the Moon
evolution

Post by evolution »

Atla wrote: May 30th, 2020, 11:34 pm
evolution wrote: May 30th, 2020, 9:11 pm

OF COURSE a lie is a lie. BUT, I asked you, WHERE IS THE SUPPOSED LIE?

You, ONCE AGAIN, failed to answer the clarifying question.

I suggest that if you want to make a claim here, then you have, at least, one thing to back up and support your claim BEFORE you make the actual claim.

But 'lying' does NOT necessarily have to have absolutely anything at all to do with 'manipulating'.

Let us see if you have the decency to provide evidence for your allegations. If you think or believe that I have lied absolutely anywhere, then bring that forward for us to take a look at it.

Also, you have absolutely NO idea at all what the word 'manipulation' means, from the definition that I am using it here. In fact you are SHOWING that you have absolutely NO understanding of what is actually happening here now, and you NEVER will until you start asking some clarifying questions.
I understand what's happening here now just fine, thank you. :)
Great. So, you now want to say that you understand how I define the word 'manipulation' without you ever once asking a clarifying question, which is a fairly astonishing accomplishment on your part.

Also, what you say here now is also another way of 'trying to' get out of not providing any evidence to back up and support your allegations and claims.

Obviously until you do provide any evidence then what you have said will remain just an allegation. And, if you never provide any evidence, then that reveals more about you and your allegation, than about anything else.
Atla

Post by Atla »

evolution wrote: May 31st, 2020, 1:53 am ...
I was wondering, is there a name for the condition where people genuinely believe that they are the universe speaking? Or is this a new one?
Some people literally believe that they are God speaking, that's not even that rare, but that's not quite the same thing.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Atla wrote: May 31st, 2020, 2:05 am
evolution wrote: May 31st, 2020, 1:53 am ...
I was wondering, is there a name for the condition where people genuinely believe that they are the universe speaking? Or is this a new one?
Another one who instead of being capable of refuting or challenging what I actually say and mean, nor has even just asked me any clarifying questions instead reverts to self-composed idea, and then 'tries to' put it onto me.

Why not just look at and discuss what I actually write and say, instead of coming up with these fantasy conceptions?

Why do you, yourself, persist with this "the Universe speaking" conception, and instantly dismiss it and disbelieve it wholeheartedly? What even conceive up these types of ideas?
Atla wrote: May 31st, 2020, 2:05 am Some people literally believe that they are God speaking, that's not even that rare, but that's not quite the same thing.
And this is a complete distraction from what I have been talking about.

Why bring these ideas of yours and persist with them, and not persist with your most fanciful idea and belief that "the Universe is expanding", and that "the Universe actually began'? Why did you stop discussing those beliefs of yours and stop trying to logically reason them out?

You can try as hard as you like to 'try' and ridicule me by making up your own ideas and 'trying to' put them onto me. You can also 'try' and get as large a group as you like on "your side" and 'try' and put me down without ever actually discussing what I have been talking about, but who will be seen for who they truly are and be seen for what they are 'trying to' to do will become obvious.

'Try' and counter what I am actually writing, saying, and meaning, instead of attacking the person that you, yourself, are creating and conjuring up.
Atla

Post by Atla »

evolution wrote: May 31st, 2020, 2:39 am who will be seen for who they truly are and be seen for what they are 'trying to' to do will become obvious.
Seen by whom, obvious to whom? :) Your imagined audience that is running this universe?
evolution

Post by evolution »

Atla wrote: May 31st, 2020, 3:19 am
evolution wrote: May 31st, 2020, 2:39 am who will be seen for who they truly are and be seen for what they are 'trying to' to do will become obvious.
Seen by whom, obvious to whom? :)
By whoever sees it.
Atla wrote: May 31st, 2020, 3:19 am Your imagined audience that is running this universe?
Again, what is it with you and this "speaking Universe", which is now, according to your imagination, being run by someone or something?
Atla

Post by Atla »

evolution wrote: May 31st, 2020, 3:27 am
Atla wrote: May 31st, 2020, 3:19 am
Seen by whom, obvious to whom? :)
By whoever sees it.
Atla wrote: May 31st, 2020, 3:19 am Your imagined audience that is running this universe?
Again, what is it with you and this "speaking Universe", which is now, according to your imagination, being run by someone or something?
Well why do you keep switching back and forth between speaking as the human and speaking as the universe then? :)
evolution

Post by evolution »

Atla wrote: May 31st, 2020, 3:29 am
evolution wrote: May 31st, 2020, 3:27 am

By whoever sees it.

Well why do you keep switching back and forth between speaking as the human and speaking as the universe then? :)
Do you sometimes speak from the human perspective and at other times speak from an absolute or universal true perspective?
Atla

Post by Atla »

evolution wrote: May 31st, 2020, 4:07 am
Atla wrote: May 31st, 2020, 3:29 am
Do you sometimes speak from the human perspective and at other times speak from an absolute or universal true perspective?
No, there is no absolute or universal true perspective.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Atla wrote: May 31st, 2020, 4:10 am
evolution wrote: May 31st, 2020, 4:07 am

No, there is no absolute or universal true perspective.
Then, that is NOT an absolute nor universal true perspective as well, and therefore could just be completely FALSE, WRONG, and INCORRECT.

That is just your own personal human perspective of things.

Are ALL of your human perspectives on things ALWAYS true, right, and correct?

If no, then what you just claimed then could be false, wrong, and/or incorrect.

So, what is the actual use in speaking from the human perspective only, when on absolutely EVERY occasion you speak and claim things you could be false, wrong, and/or incorrect anyway?

If you do not yet know what is absolutely nor universally true, then you obviously would NEVER know if you were right or wrong, correct or incorrect, nor what you were saying was either true or false either, correct?
Atla

Post by Atla »

evolution wrote: May 31st, 2020, 4:23 am If no, then what you just claimed then could be false, wrong, and/or incorrect.

So, what is the actual use in speaking from the human perspective only, when on absolutely EVERY occasion you speak and claim things you could be false, wrong, and/or incorrect anyway?

If you do not yet know what is absolutely nor universally true, then you obviously would NEVER know if you were right or wrong, correct or incorrect, nor what you were saying was either true or false either, correct?
That's right. But you still can't speak from an absolute or universal true perspective.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Atla wrote: May 31st, 2020, 4:29 am
evolution wrote: May 31st, 2020, 4:23 am If no, then what you just claimed then could be false, wrong, and/or incorrect.

That's right. But you still can't speak from an absolute or universal true perspective.
LOL, once again, this obviously could be false, wrong, and incorrect.
Atla

Post by Atla »

evolution wrote: May 31st, 2020, 5:16 am
Atla wrote: May 31st, 2020, 4:29 am
Yes, but you are a human, not the universe or God, so you can't tell.
Terrapin Station
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell and WVO Quine

Post by Terrapin Station »

evolution wrote: May 30th, 2020, 9:12 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: May 30th, 2020, 9:52 am

There's a "bold" option, too. And then you could add exclamation marks.
What for?
Even more animated, hyper-looking responses.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Atla wrote: May 31st, 2020, 5:32 am
evolution wrote: May 31st, 2020, 5:16 am

Yes, but you are a human, not the universe or God, so you can't tell.
As long as you know and admit that what you are saying could be false, wrong, and/or incorrect, then that is perfectly fine with me.

And, if you still do not know how to actually distinguish between what is false and true, right and wrong, and correct and incorrect, then that is perfectly fine with me as well.

Return to “Philosophy of Science”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream