So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Use this forum to discuss the philosophy of science. Philosophy of science deals with the assumptions, foundations, and implications of science.
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member
Favorite Philosopher: Cratylus

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by Pattern-chaser »

evolution wrote: May 25th, 2020, 9:44 pm
Pattern-chaser wrote: May 24th, 2020, 7:13 am When you say "you", you mean "us", right? We, the people, and all that. 🙂
At the subjective level I meant those of 'you' who put these people in those highest positions, like by voting them or by just giving them their power. I do neither of these, so I am not one of 'you'.
These things are done, on your behalf (and that of every other citizen) by the elected representatives we all voted for. That's how democracy works. You are one of us; I don't think you can/could be otherwise, do you?
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

Pattern-chaser wrote:These things are done, on your behalf (and that of every other citizen) by the elected representatives we all voted for. That's how democracy works. You are one of us; I don't think you can/could be otherwise, do you?
Judging by the post to which you're replying, he doesn't vote in elections and, more generally, affects the position of not regarding himself as a member of the human race. This fits with the general "I've got all the answers and they're all very simple and you're all blinded by your education and your assumptions" shtick. A while ago, when I was still wasting time talking to him, there were instances where it became clear that having all these simple answers to the world's puzzles relied on not taking account of the fact that other human beings exist. Solving the world's problems is quite easy if we can do that.
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member
Favorite Philosopher: Cratylus

Post by Pattern-chaser »

Steve3007 wrote: May 26th, 2020, 4:08 pm Solving the world's problems is quite easy if we can do that.
Indeed. Without us, the world would be a better place for all the other living creatures. The ones that still survive, that is. 😉
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
Atla

Post by Atla »

Steve3007 wrote: May 26th, 2020, 4:08 pm
Pattern-chaser wrote:These things are done, on your behalf (and that of every other citizen) by the elected representatives we all voted for. That's how democracy works. You are one of us; I don't think you can/could be otherwise, do you?
Judging by the post to which you're replying, he doesn't vote in elections and, more generally, affects the position of not regarding himself as a member of the human race. This fits with the general "I've got all the answers and they're all very simple and you're all blinded by your education and your assumptions" shtick. A while ago, when I was still wasting time talking to him, there were instances where it became clear that having all these simple answers to the world's puzzles relied on not taking account of the fact that other human beings exist. Solving the world's problems is quite easy if we can do that.
ken/Age/creation/evolution believes that the universe can proclaim absolutely certain TRUTHS through all humans. We all are the universe so we all have access to them, but we have to be fully open for this to work.

So when she (he?) claims that she isn't human, then she is sort of the voice of the universe itself. She keeps switching back and forth between talking as the universe and talking as a human.

(or something along these lines)

As for her near-total ignorance about science, philosophy, religion, culture, society, humans, well, pretty much everything, like she was somehow from another planet, she once said that she's an Australian aboriginal which may or may not be true.
True philosophy points to the Moon
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

Spelling conventions and word usages ("color", "gotten" etc) suggest that creation/evolution is from North America.
Atla

Post by Atla »

evolution wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 12:50 am When ALL of these 'interpretations' are looked at Honestly and OPENLY, then those that are WRONG can be clearly SEEN, and why they are so WRONG becomes clear also, especially when looked back to the original WRONG one, which caused all the other wrong ones to follow on from.
Age, have you lived in Australia?
True philosophy points to the Moon
Terrapin Station
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell and WVO Quine

Post by Terrapin Station »

Steve3007 wrote: May 27th, 2020, 2:58 pm Spelling conventions and word usages ("color", "gotten" etc) suggest that creation/evolution is from North America.
And I'd guess something like a 17-21 year old boy from someplace like Burnsville, Minnesota, because who else is going to be so adamant about stuff like having "no beliefs"?
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

I thought people from Minnesota said "yah" and "you're darn tootin'". At least, that's what movies have told me about the thing called "Minnesota nice".
Sculptor1

Post by Sculptor1 »

Pattern-chaser wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 7:40 am
Steve3007 wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 3:11 am I think the New York Post pitches itself on about the same level as The Sun (both Murdoch papers. Don't get Greta started about that!).
If @Greta isn't allowed to rant, perhaps I could rant in her place? 😋 Murdoch and his billionaire cronies are the source of most Bad Things in the world. Time to sharpen the blades on our guillotines, don't you think? 😋
Murdoch; poisoning minds since 1952.

The entire Murdoch family ought to be skinned alive and strung up for the crows to pick clean.
No family has done more damage to the world than them. Hitler and Ghengis Khan were more honest and less harmful.
Sculptor1

Post by Sculptor1 »

Who needs a parallel universe when we have places like the Mid-west?
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

Steve3007 wrote:I think the New York Post pitches itself on about the same level as The Sun (both Murdoch papers. Don't get Greta started about that!).
Pattern-chaser wrote:If @Greta isn't allowed to rant, perhaps I could rant in her place? 😋 Murdoch and his billionaire cronies are the source of most Bad Things in the world. Time to sharpen the blades on our guillotines, don't you think? 😋
Greta wrote:Certainly his lies have been right on a par with those routinely peddled by the likes of Xi, Trump and Putin. It's bemusing to see the very worst of people rise to the highest positions.
Sculptor1 wrote:Murdoch; poisoning minds since 1952...
Just to be clear about that first quote: I'm fine with people saying that Murdoch is bad. I was just playfully referencing the fact that it's a well established theme of Greta's. (I also have nothing against the good people of Minnesota and the Nordic roots which I'm told lead to them saying "yah" instead of "yes".)
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Steve3007 wrote: May 28th, 2020, 5:38 am
Steve3007 wrote:I think the New York Post pitches itself on about the same level as The Sun (both Murdoch papers. Don't get Greta started about that!).
Pattern-chaser wrote:If @Greta isn't allowed to rant, perhaps I could rant in her place? 😋 Murdoch and his billionaire cronies are the source of most Bad Things in the world. Time to sharpen the blades on our guillotines, don't you think? 😋
Greta wrote:Certainly his lies have been right on a par with those routinely peddled by the likes of Xi, Trump and Putin. It's bemusing to see the very worst of people rise to the highest positions.
Sculptor1 wrote:Murdoch; poisoning minds since 1952...
Just to be clear about that first quote: I'm fine with people saying that Murdoch is bad. I was just playfully referencing the fact that it's a well established theme of Greta's. (I also have nothing against the good people of Minnesota and the Nordic roots which I'm told lead to them saying "yah" instead of "yes".)
The jibe was immediately noted :) Yes, I probably do bang on about him too much, but his influence in politics in this country has been so profound and malign.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Pattern-chaser wrote: May 26th, 2020, 7:35 am
evolution wrote: May 25th, 2020, 9:44 pm

At the subjective level I meant those of 'you' who put these people in those highest positions, like by voting them or by just giving them their power. I do neither of these, so I am not one of 'you'.
These things are done, on your behalf (and that of every other citizen) by the elected representatives we all voted for.
But "we all" did not vote. Obviously only some did. That was my point. The elected representatives, in those highest positions' are put there by those people who vote. So, those of you who vote put those people in those highest positions.

If you people stopped voting, and stopped making so called "royal" families, then there would not be people in those highest positions.

Obviously people in these positions are NOT needed, anyway.
Pattern-chaser wrote: May 26th, 2020, 7:35 am That's how democracy works. You are one of us; I don't think you can/could be otherwise, do you?
There is a way, but I am not sure 'you' are ready for this revelation just yet.

Being "one of us" is also completed different from being "one of those", who put some in the highest positions.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Judging by the post to which you're replying, he doesn't vote in elections and, more generally, affects the position of not regarding himself as a member of the human race. This fits with the general "I've got all the answers and they're all very simple and you're all blinded by your education and your assumptions" shtick. A while ago, when I was still wasting time talking to him, there were instances where it became clear that having all these simple answers to the world's puzzles relied on not taking account of the fact that other human beings exist.
Well that is about one of the most DISTORTED, INCORRECT, and WRONG assumptions that I have witnessed from a HUMAN BEING, for a long time now.
Steve3007 wrote: May 26th, 2020, 4:08 pm Solving the world's problems is quite easy if we can do that.
Once you learn what a 'problem' is, from my perspective, and learn how to solve any and ALL problems, then you will also learn just HOW easy and simple solving ALL of the human created problems, correctly and properly, actually IS. But all of this will only happen AFTER 'you' STOP making assumptions and STOP believing the things you do now.

The 'world' itself obviously has NO problems. Only human beings make problems, and thus only human beings have problems. If 'you' want to SEE thee Truth of things, then you at least have to speak thee Truth.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Atla wrote: May 27th, 2020, 2:23 pm

ken/Age/creation/evolution believes that the universe can proclaim absolutely certain TRUTHS through all humans. We all are the universe so we all have access to them, but we have to be fully open for this to work.

'We all' can be and, most likely, is just usually referring to all human beings, but "we all" can refer to many things. "We all" can also refer to the Universe. It all depends on what the words "we all" is being referred to, which can only be Truly KNOWN when the one who writes and/or says it is asked for clarification. Just assuming what the other is saying, and meaning, can lead one completely astray, as evidenced above.

Also, if you are somewhat closed, and thus NOT fully open, to some thing, then obviously you will not fully learn and understand that thing.
Atla wrote: May 27th, 2020, 2:23 pm So when she (he?) claims that she isn't human, then she is sort of the voice of the universe itself. She keeps switching back and forth between talking as the universe and talking as a human.
And, if the actual words that I use are noticed, then when this switching back and forth actually takes place can be very easily and simply recognized.

(or something along these lines)
Atla wrote: May 27th, 2020, 2:23 pm As for her near-total ignorance about science, philosophy, religion, culture, society, humans, well, pretty much everything, like she was somehow from another planet, she once said that she's an Australian aboriginal which may or may not be true.
Did I specifically say Australian aboriginal?

What were the EXACT words I used?

Return to “Philosophy of Science”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream