So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Use this forum to discuss the philosophy of science. Philosophy of science deals with the assumptions, foundations, and implications of science.
User avatar
Pattern-chaser
Posts: 789
Joined: September 22nd, 2019, 5:17 am
Favorite Philosopher: Cratylus
Location: England

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by Pattern-chaser » May 26th, 2020, 7:35 am

evolution wrote: ↑
May 25th, 2020, 9:44 pm
Pattern-chaser wrote: ↑
May 24th, 2020, 7:13 am
When you say "you", you mean "us", right? We, the people, and all that. 🙂
At the subjective level I meant those of 'you' who put these people in those highest positions, like by voting them or by just giving them their power. I do neither of these, so I am not one of 'you'.
These things are done, on your behalf (and that of every other citizen) by the elected representatives we all voted for. That's how democracy works. You are one of us; I don't think you can/could be otherwise, do you?
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"

User avatar
Steve3007
Posts: 7597
Joined: June 15th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Dolly Parton
Location: UK

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by Steve3007 » May 26th, 2020, 4:08 pm

Pattern-chaser wrote:These things are done, on your behalf (and that of every other citizen) by the elected representatives we all voted for. That's how democracy works. You are one of us; I don't think you can/could be otherwise, do you?
Judging by the post to which you're replying, he doesn't vote in elections and, more generally, affects the position of not regarding himself as a member of the human race. This fits with the general "I've got all the answers and they're all very simple and you're all blinded by your education and your assumptions" shtick. A while ago, when I was still wasting time talking to him, there were instances where it became clear that having all these simple answers to the world's puzzles relied on not taking account of the fact that other human beings exist. Solving the world's problems is quite easy if we can do that.

User avatar
Pattern-chaser
Posts: 789
Joined: September 22nd, 2019, 5:17 am
Favorite Philosopher: Cratylus
Location: England

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by Pattern-chaser » May 26th, 2020, 4:12 pm

Steve3007 wrote: ↑
May 26th, 2020, 4:08 pm
Solving the world's problems is quite easy if we can do that.
Indeed. Without us, the world would be a better place for all the other living creatures. The ones that still survive, that is. 😉
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"

Atla
Posts: 959
Joined: January 30th, 2018, 1:18 pm

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by Atla » May 27th, 2020, 2:23 pm

Steve3007 wrote: ↑
May 26th, 2020, 4:08 pm
Pattern-chaser wrote:These things are done, on your behalf (and that of every other citizen) by the elected representatives we all voted for. That's how democracy works. You are one of us; I don't think you can/could be otherwise, do you?
Judging by the post to which you're replying, he doesn't vote in elections and, more generally, affects the position of not regarding himself as a member of the human race. This fits with the general "I've got all the answers and they're all very simple and you're all blinded by your education and your assumptions" shtick. A while ago, when I was still wasting time talking to him, there were instances where it became clear that having all these simple answers to the world's puzzles relied on not taking account of the fact that other human beings exist. Solving the world's problems is quite easy if we can do that.
ken/Age/creation/evolution believes that the universe can proclaim absolutely certain TRUTHS through all humans. We all are the universe so we all have access to them, but we have to be fully open for this to work.

So when she (he?) claims that she isn't human, then she is sort of the voice of the universe itself. She keeps switching back and forth between talking as the universe and talking as a human.

(or something along these lines)

As for her near-total ignorance about science, philosophy, religion, culture, society, humans, well, pretty much everything, like she was somehow from another planet, she once said that she's an Australian aboriginal which may or may not be true.

User avatar
Steve3007
Posts: 7597
Joined: June 15th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Dolly Parton
Location: UK

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by Steve3007 » May 27th, 2020, 2:58 pm

Spelling conventions and word usages ("color", "gotten" etc) suggest that creation/evolution is from North America.

Atla
Posts: 959
Joined: January 30th, 2018, 1:18 pm

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by Atla » May 27th, 2020, 3:48 pm

evolution wrote: ↑
May 23rd, 2020, 12:50 am
When ALL of these 'interpretations' are looked at Honestly and OPENLY, then those that are WRONG can be clearly SEEN, and why they are so WRONG becomes clear also, especially when looked back to the original WRONG one, which caused all the other wrong ones to follow on from.
Age, have you lived in Australia?

User avatar
Terrapin Station
Posts: 3348
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 3:00 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell and WVO Quine
Location: NYC Man

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by Terrapin Station » May 27th, 2020, 4:18 pm

Steve3007 wrote: ↑
May 27th, 2020, 2:58 pm
Spelling conventions and word usages ("color", "gotten" etc) suggest that creation/evolution is from North America.
And I'd guess something like a 17-21 year old boy from someplace like Burnsville, Minnesota, because who else is going to be so adamant about stuff like having "no beliefs"?

User avatar
Steve3007
Posts: 7597
Joined: June 15th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Dolly Parton
Location: UK

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by Steve3007 » May 28th, 2020, 1:36 am

I thought people from Minnesota said "yah" and "you're darn tootin'". At least, that's what movies have told me about the thing called "Minnesota nice".

User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 1920
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by Sculptor1 » May 28th, 2020, 5:02 am

Pattern-chaser wrote: ↑
May 23rd, 2020, 7:40 am
Steve3007 wrote: ↑
May 23rd, 2020, 3:11 am
I think the New York Post pitches itself on about the same level as The Sun (both Murdoch papers. Don't get Greta started about that!).
If @Greta isn't allowed to rant, perhaps I could rant in her place? 😋 Murdoch and his billionaire cronies are the source of most Bad Things in the world. Time to sharpen the blades on our guillotines, don't you think? 😋
Murdoch; poisoning minds since 1952.

The entire Murdoch family ought to be skinned alive and strung up for the crows to pick clean.
No family has done more damage to the world than them. Hitler and Ghengis Khan were more honest and less harmful.

User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 1920
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by Sculptor1 » May 28th, 2020, 5:11 am

Who needs a parallel universe when we have places like the Mid-west?

User avatar
Steve3007
Posts: 7597
Joined: June 15th, 2011, 5:53 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Dolly Parton
Location: UK

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by Steve3007 » May 28th, 2020, 5:38 am

Steve3007 wrote:I think the New York Post pitches itself on about the same level as The Sun (both Murdoch papers. Don't get Greta started about that!).
Pattern-chaser wrote:If @Greta isn't allowed to rant, perhaps I could rant in her place? 😋 Murdoch and his billionaire cronies are the source of most Bad Things in the world. Time to sharpen the blades on our guillotines, don't you think? 😋
Greta wrote:Certainly his lies have been right on a par with those routinely peddled by the likes of Xi, Trump and Putin. It's bemusing to see the very worst of people rise to the highest positions.
Sculptor1 wrote:Murdoch; poisoning minds since 1952...
Just to be clear about that first quote: I'm fine with people saying that Murdoch is bad. I was just playfully referencing the fact that it's a well established theme of Greta's. (I also have nothing against the good people of Minnesota and the Nordic roots which I'm told lead to them saying "yah" instead of "yes".)

User avatar
Greta
Site Admin
Posts: 9191
Joined: December 16th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by Greta » May 28th, 2020, 8:33 pm

Steve3007 wrote: ↑
May 28th, 2020, 5:38 am
Steve3007 wrote:I think the New York Post pitches itself on about the same level as The Sun (both Murdoch papers. Don't get Greta started about that!).
Pattern-chaser wrote:If @Greta isn't allowed to rant, perhaps I could rant in her place? 😋 Murdoch and his billionaire cronies are the source of most Bad Things in the world. Time to sharpen the blades on our guillotines, don't you think? 😋
Greta wrote:Certainly his lies have been right on a par with those routinely peddled by the likes of Xi, Trump and Putin. It's bemusing to see the very worst of people rise to the highest positions.
Sculptor1 wrote:Murdoch; poisoning minds since 1952...
Just to be clear about that first quote: I'm fine with people saying that Murdoch is bad. I was just playfully referencing the fact that it's a well established theme of Greta's. (I also have nothing against the good people of Minnesota and the Nordic roots which I'm told lead to them saying "yah" instead of "yes".)
The jibe was immediately noted :) Yes, I probably do bang on about him too much, but his influence in politics in this country has been so profound and malign.

evolution
Posts: 417
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by evolution » May 30th, 2020, 6:14 am

Pattern-chaser wrote: ↑
May 26th, 2020, 7:35 am
evolution wrote: ↑
May 25th, 2020, 9:44 pm


At the subjective level I meant those of 'you' who put these people in those highest positions, like by voting them or by just giving them their power. I do neither of these, so I am not one of 'you'.
These things are done, on your behalf (and that of every other citizen) by the elected representatives we all voted for.
But "we all" did not vote. Obviously only some did. That was my point. The elected representatives, in those highest positions' are put there by those people who vote. So, those of you who vote put those people in those highest positions.

If you people stopped voting, and stopped making so called "royal" families, then there would not be people in those highest positions.

Obviously people in these positions are NOT needed, anyway.
Pattern-chaser wrote: ↑
May 26th, 2020, 7:35 am
That's how democracy works. You are one of us; I don't think you can/could be otherwise, do you?
There is a way, but I am not sure 'you' are ready for this revelation just yet.

Being "one of us" is also completed different from being "one of those", who put some in the highest positions.

evolution
Posts: 417
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by evolution » May 30th, 2020, 6:30 am

Steve3007 wrote: ↑
May 26th, 2020, 4:08 pm
Pattern-chaser wrote:These things are done, on your behalf (and that of every other citizen) by the elected representatives we all voted for. That's how democracy works. You are one of us; I don't think you can/could be otherwise, do you?
Judging by the post to which you're replying, he doesn't vote in elections and, more generally, affects the position of not regarding himself as a member of the human race. This fits with the general "I've got all the answers and they're all very simple and you're all blinded by your education and your assumptions" shtick. A while ago, when I was still wasting time talking to him, there were instances where it became clear that having all these simple answers to the world's puzzles relied on not taking account of the fact that other human beings exist.
Well that is about one of the most DISTORTED, INCORRECT, and WRONG assumptions that I have witnessed from a HUMAN BEING, for a long time now.
Steve3007 wrote: ↑
May 26th, 2020, 4:08 pm
Solving the world's problems is quite easy if we can do that.
Once you learn what a 'problem' is, from my perspective, and learn how to solve any and ALL problems, then you will also learn just HOW easy and simple solving ALL of the human created problems, correctly and properly, actually IS. But all of this will only happen AFTER 'you' STOP making assumptions and STOP believing the things you do now.

The 'world' itself obviously has NO problems. Only human beings make problems, and thus only human beings have problems. If 'you' want to SEE thee Truth of things, then you at least have to speak thee Truth.

evolution
Posts: 417
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: So-called evidence of a parallel universe

Post by evolution » May 30th, 2020, 6:41 am

Atla wrote: ↑
May 27th, 2020, 2:23 pm
Steve3007 wrote: ↑
May 26th, 2020, 4:08 pm


Judging by the post to which you're replying, he doesn't vote in elections and, more generally, affects the position of not regarding himself as a member of the human race. This fits with the general "I've got all the answers and they're all very simple and you're all blinded by your education and your assumptions" shtick. A while ago, when I was still wasting time talking to him, there were instances where it became clear that having all these simple answers to the world's puzzles relied on not taking account of the fact that other human beings exist. Solving the world's problems is quite easy if we can do that.
ken/Age/creation/evolution believes that the universe can proclaim absolutely certain TRUTHS through all humans. We all are the universe so we all have access to them, but we have to be fully open for this to work.

'We all' can be and, most likely, is just usually referring to all human beings, but "we all" can refer to many things. "We all" can also refer to the Universe. It all depends on what the words "we all" is being referred to, which can only be Truly KNOWN when the one who writes and/or says it is asked for clarification. Just assuming what the other is saying, and meaning, can lead one completely astray, as evidenced above.

Also, if you are somewhat closed, and thus NOT fully open, to some thing, then obviously you will not fully learn and understand that thing.
Atla wrote: ↑
May 27th, 2020, 2:23 pm
So when she (he?) claims that she isn't human, then she is sort of the voice of the universe itself. She keeps switching back and forth between talking as the universe and talking as a human.
And, if the actual words that I use are noticed, then when this switching back and forth actually takes place can be very easily and simply recognized.

(or something along these lines)
Atla wrote: ↑
May 27th, 2020, 2:23 pm
As for her near-total ignorance about science, philosophy, religion, culture, society, humans, well, pretty much everything, like she was somehow from another planet, she once said that she's an Australian aboriginal which may or may not be true.
Did I specifically say Australian aboriginal?

What were the EXACT words I used?

Post Reply