The paradoxical effect of the cosmos

Use this forum to discuss the philosophy of science. Philosophy of science deals with the assumptions, foundations, and implications of science.
Paradigmer

Re: The paradoxical effect of the cosmos

Post by Paradigmer »

The crux of this OP with the sunrise example is to illustrate: “The entire observable universe is subliminally paradoxical.”
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member
Favorite Philosopher: Cratylus

Post by Pattern-chaser »

Pattern-chaser wrote: February 16th, 2022, 11:12 am First, I assume you use the word "illusion" in its most common form, that your favoured dictionary describes as follows:
Merriam-Webster wrote:Something that looks or seems different from what it is : something that is false or not real but that seems to be true or real. [Link to dictionary entry]
By this definition, there is no illusion. I.e. there is no perceptual mistake or misunderstanding that seems to show us "something that is false or not real". What we see, from either viewpoint, or both, is actual (as far as we know), and not an illusion or misperception. We see two different views from two different viewing points; this should not surprise us. It's what we should expect.

We have considered two different points-of-observation, one in my garden, and the other outside the Solar System, looking in. Unsurprisingly, we see different views from these different vantage points. We can even explain one view in terms of the other. But there is no illusion (as defined above) and no paradox either.
Paradigmer wrote: February 16th, 2022, 8:18 pm The paradox of the morning rising Sun appears to the Earth-bound observers to float up like a rising balloon from the east horizon while the Earth appears stationary, qualifies the dictionary definition for illusion on "Something that looks or seems different from what it is : something that is false or not real but that seems to be true or real.".
I'm not going to say all the same things again. Consider this:
  • You are standing in front of me, facing me. You see an image of me that includes my face.
  • Now you move around behind me, but still facing me. Now you see an image that includes the back of my head, but not my face.
As a result of your second observation, are you going to assert the 'illusion' that I am, or have become, face-less? 🤔

A different perspective reveals a different view. Our experience of life, if nothing else, confirms that this is normal, expected, real and actual, and not an illusion.
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member

Post by Pattern-chaser »

Paradigmer wrote: February 17th, 2022, 9:13 am The crux of this OP with the sunrise example is to illustrate: “The entire observable universe is subliminally paradoxical.”
Yes, I know. ... And yet I see no evidence at all that your speculation reflects the real and actual universe.
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
Paradigmer

Post by Paradigmer »

Pattern-chaser wrote: February 17th, 2022, 11:39 am I'm not going to say all the same things again. Consider this:
  • You are standing in front of me, facing me. You see an image of me that includes my face.
  • Now you move around behind me, but still facing me. Now you see an image that includes the back of my head, but not my face.
As a result of your second observation, are you going to assert the 'illusion' that I am, or have become, face-less? 🤔

A different perspective reveals a different view. Our experience of life, if nothing else, confirms that this is normal, expected, real and actual, and not an illusion.
This perspective example of yours is non sequitur for relating to the relative motion illusion.

The believers of geocentrism insist the Sun actually moves as per se from the perspective of an actually stationary Earth, which in fact are the illusions of knowledge stemmed from its delusion perceiving the relative motion illusion.

Nonetheless, am conceded not able to convince you with the different perspective arguments you are insisting.
Paradigmer

Post by Paradigmer »

Pattern-chaser wrote: February 17th, 2022, 11:41 am
Paradigmer wrote: February 17th, 2022, 9:13 am The crux of this OP with the sunrise example is to illustrate: “The entire observable universe is subliminally paradoxical.”
Yes, I know. ... And yet I see no evidence at all that your speculation reflects the real and actual universe.
I have no proof at all concerning the real and actual universe.

However, I do claim numerous proofs and evidence that reflect the observable universe of the cosmos is subliminally paradoxical, these are as per se with the apparently perceived natural phenomena from the macrocosms to the microcosms.

These are elaborated in the UVS case studies.

For those interested to explore these evaluations of the listed natural phenomena with its grounded theory, please take a moment to start with the "Preface" of the UVS treatise, which should show readers the inroads.

To further explore the philosophical insights of these UVS case studies, readers could explore "The scientific revolution of the UVS research".
Paradigmer

Post by Paradigmer »

This is the correct link to the "The scientific revolution of the UVS research".

My apology for this mistake in the previous post.
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member

Post by Pattern-chaser »

Paradigmer wrote: February 17th, 2022, 11:55 pm
Pattern-chaser wrote: February 17th, 2022, 11:41 am
I have no proof at all concerning the real and actual universe.

However, I do claim numerous proofs and evidence that reflect the observable universe of the cosmos is subliminally paradoxical, these are as per se with the apparently perceived natural phenomena from the macrocosms to the microcosms.

These are elaborated in the UVS case studies.

For those interested to explore these evaluations of the listed natural phenomena with its grounded theory, please take a moment to start with the "Preface" of the UVS treatise, which should show readers the inroads.

To further explore the philosophical insights of these UVS case studies, readers could explore "The scientific revolution of the UVS research".
I can't make your links work. Even if I google "UVS studies", the pages found won't open in my browser. Sorry.
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member

Post by Pattern-chaser »

Paradigmer wrote: February 17th, 2022, 11:28 pm The believers of geocentrism insist the Sun actually moves as per se from the perspective of an actually stationary Earth...
From the perspective you describe - i.e. from the observation-point you describe - the Sun does actually move in that way. It is not an illusion, just a view from a particular vantage point. Other vantage points offer different views, of course, but all observations from all points-of-view are valid and actual. Some views may be more useful than others, but that's a separate issue.

Paradigmer wrote: February 17th, 2022, 11:28 pm ...which in fact are the illusions of knowledge stemmed from its delusion perceiving the relative motion illusion.
No, there are no illusions. There may be misunderstandings in interpreting our observations of actuality, but that too is a separate issue.
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
Atla

Post by Atla »

Paradigmer wrote: February 13th, 2022, 9:07 pm The paradoxical effect of the cosmos is a subliminal natural effect that misleads people in its states of delusion.

In the observable universe, this effect subliminally renders various forms of natural cognitive paradox by negating the observations of natural phenomena in a typical obfuscated manner.

A resolved example in modern astronomy for illustrating how a cognitive paradox subliminally negates its actuality, is the perceptive with the transcendental perspective on of how the Sun appears in its localized perception to be rising in the east from the horizon.

It is merely a perception on a rotating spheroidal Earth that renders the relative motion illusion of sunrise in its delusion.
But there is a much simpler way to explain this 'illusion', than positing a paradoxical effect inherent to the entire cosmos:

We are limited beings, who evolved to survive on the surface of this planet. Our limited brains/minds evolved for everyday survival, not omniscience. For omniscience, we would have to have evolved much larger and more complex brains, probably infinitely large/complex ones, which wasn't evolutionary feasible.

So our brains cut corners, for everyday survival we don't have to know that the more general understanding is that everything is in motion and the Earth is spinning. It's a pretty efficient approximation that the ground is stationary and the visible stars are moving around it, and that's it.
True philosophy points to the Moon
Paradigmer

Post by Paradigmer »

Atla wrote: February 19th, 2022, 1:48 am But there is a much simpler way to explain this 'illusion', than positing a paradoxical effect inherent to the entire cosmos:
That sunrise example was meant as an illustration for elucidating the paradoxical effect of the cosmos.

And it has the intention to show how the entire observable universe is subliminally paradoxical.
Atla wrote: February 19th, 2022, 1:48 am We are limited beings, who evolved to survive on the surface of this planet. Our limited brains/minds evolved for everyday survival, not omniscience. For omniscience, we would have to have evolved much larger and more complex brains, probably infinitely large/complex ones, which wasn't evolutionary feasible.
We indeed are limited beings.

Nonetheless, we do not necessary need to be omniscience to correctly understand the actualities of the cosmos.

The UVS treatise could show how this could be done, which the methodology is elaborated in "Overviews of the UVS research".
Atla wrote: February 19th, 2022, 1:48 am So our brains cut corners, for everyday survival we don't have to know that the more general understanding is that everything is in motion and the Earth is spinning. It's a pretty efficient approximation that the ground is stationary and the visible stars are moving around it, and that's it.
This is so true.

However, we all also aspire to know how the cosmos actually work.
Paradigmer

Post by Paradigmer »

Pattern-chaser wrote: February 18th, 2022, 10:46 am I can't make your links work. Even if I google "UVS studies", the pages found won't open in my browser. Sorry.
This occasionally happens without any warning. My apology.

Just check a minute ago, and the website was found as up and running again.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Paradigmer wrote: February 19th, 2022, 5:58 am Nonetheless, we do not necessary need to be omniscience to correctly understand the actualities of the cosmos.
How do you know that everything moving and the Earth spinning, or a nested vortical hypersphere-structured subliminally paradoxical cosmos, aren't just the next illusions? Maybe we limited humans are infinitely far away from the actualities.

When I apply Occam's razor I really see no reason to assume this paradoxical nature to the cosmos. The idea seems sufficient that our limited brains/minds, shaped by evolution, simply use efficient simplifications, approximations.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Paradigmer wrote: February 19th, 2022, 5:58 am .
Although I think there could be something to the nested hypesphere "vortex", I think QM naturally points towards something like an ininitely (extradimensionally) nested hypespheroid structure that isn't literally a vortex but can be said to have central point, an "eye". I've been searching for that "eye" for a long time.
Paradigmer

Post by Paradigmer »

Atla wrote: February 19th, 2022, 6:34 am
Paradigmer wrote: February 19th, 2022, 5:58 am Nonetheless, we do not necessary need to be omniscience to correctly understand the actualities of the cosmos.
How do you know that everything moving and the Earth spinning, or a nested vortical hypersphere-structured subliminally paradoxical cosmos, aren't just the next illusions? Maybe we limited humans are infinitely far away from the actualities.

When I apply Occam's razor I really see no reason to assume this paradoxical nature to the cosmos. The idea seems sufficient that our limited brains/minds, shaped by evolution, simply use efficient simplifications, approximations.
If you are contended with the day to day pragmatism, then "simply use efficient simplifications, approximations" would suffice.

The very reason to assume this paradoxical nature of the cosmos is because the science delusions of theoretical physics with the intrinsically flawed scientific method is definitely staggering.

And humanity could be better off by understanding the natural negations of the cosmos as illustrated in the UVS case studies.
Paradigmer

Post by Paradigmer »

Atla wrote: February 19th, 2022, 6:55 am
Paradigmer wrote: February 19th, 2022, 5:58 am .
Although I think there could be something to the nested hypesphere "vortex", I think QM naturally points towards something like an ininitely (extradimensionally) nested hypespheroid structure that isn't literally a vortex but can be said to have central point, an "eye". I've been searching for that "eye" for a long time.
To be more specific, the archetypal structure could be considered as a multidimensional nested vortical hypersphere that is intrinsically vortexing in the microcosms as well as the macrocosms throughout the cosmos.

And this "hypespheroid structure" in the UVS treatise is postulated as the variants of transformed tori that are formed in a paradigm of vortical transmutations.

The UVS treatise illustrates there indeed have an "eye" in every microcosm as well as every macrocosm in the natural world.

And the understanding of this "eye" is absolutely essential.

Return to “Philosophy of Science”

2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
by Howard Wolk
July 2024

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side
by Thomas Richard Spradlin
June 2024

Neither Safe Nor Effective

Neither Safe Nor Effective
by Dr. Colleen Huber
May 2024

Now or Never

Now or Never
by Mary Wasche
April 2024

Meditations

Meditations
by Marcus Aurelius
March 2024

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

The In-Between: Life in the Micro

The In-Between: Life in the Micro
by Christian Espinosa
January 2024

2023 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream