The Philosophy of Space Exploration and Colonization

Use this forum to discuss the philosophy of science. Philosophy of science deals with the assumptions, foundations, and implications of science.
UniversalAlien

The Philosophy of Space Exploration and Colonization

Post by UniversalAlien »

"The idea of space travel or humans living in space dates to at least 1610 after the invention of the telescope when German astronomer Johannes Kepler wrote to Italian astronomer Galileo: “Let us create vessels and sails adjusted to the heavenly ether, and there will be plenty of people unafraid of the empty wastes. In the meantime, we shall prepare, for the brave sky-travellers, maps of the celestial bodies.”
Time to seriously begin the second new age of exploration off planet - Time to colonize space :idea:

Time to meet the future by creating it - Driving it into space :idea:

Time to extend the borders of Human limitation off planet :idea:

Time to "Explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.”{Star Trek}

But what is the best way of doing this :?: Colonizing nearby places such as the Moon and Mars :?:

Why bother with such a slow program on planets whose atmospheres are so unfriendly, that can more simply be explored by robotics,
and as of now offer little of value :?:

Isn't it time to build the proverbial 'star ship', a massive city size self-sufficient space colony, capable of sustaining thousands of
scientist/explorers on a permanent mission of space exploration :?:

For these brave pioneers outer space will be their new home - The new StarShip will actually be Colony 1 in a program whose sole
goal will by exploration and coloization of space.

Time to bring Science Fiction back home to its Scientific base :!:

"I don't think the human race will survive the next thousand years, unless we spread into space. There are too many accidents that can befall life on a single planet. But I'm an optimist. We will reach out to the stars."

- Stephen Hawking, Astrophysicist
"Man is an artifact designed for space travel. He is not designed to remain in his present biologic state any more than a tadpole is designed to remain a tadpole."

- William Burroughs, Author
“Since, in the long run, every planetary civilization will be endangered by impacts from space, every surviving civilization is obliged to become spacefaring--not because of exploratory or romantic zeal, but for the most practical reason imaginable: staying alive... If our long-term survival is at stake, we have a basic responsibility to our species to venture to other worlds.”
― Carl Sagan
psyreporter

Re: The Philosophy of Space Exploration and Colonization

Post by psyreporter »

The idea of space travel is interesting from a philosophical perspective. A question that I am consistently missing: is it possible at all? Is it possible for Earth life to be alive on Mars or even further in space?

There is an indication that life on earth may be tied to Solar-neutrino energy from the 🌞 Sun. On Earth, life is bathing in a continuous stream of Solar-neutrino energy at all times, including after sunset and on the dark side of Earth. Neutrinos can change their mass up to 3000x in size, by themselves, which is called flavour switching or morphing. It is why the particle is called a ‘ghost particle’ (spooky particle).

When Solar-neutrino energy is a 'topical' source of life that could imply that Earth life may be bound to a region around the 🌞 Sun.

The following is a short perspective on the philosophical issue of space travel that I wrote on it recently:

👽 Where are the aliens?

Most people in the modern world view life as something that is owned on an individual level, as something that can be taken with one during space travel. Popular films such as Star Trek and Star Wars have displayed a future in which humans travel through space.

Some scientists are wondering however: why is the Solar system and Earth not crowded with alien visitors? Why, after decades of space science, has no hint been found for the existence of extraterrestrial life?

Philosophy suppressed

The post–World War II era is considered to be an 'anti-philosophy' era in which philosophy was increasingly placed on a level comparable with that of religions. In a sense, while science originates from philosophy, science has attempted to overcome philosophy and intended to rid itself of any influence of philosophy, which includes morality.

In 2021 I discovered that the farthest distance that an animal, insect or bacteria had travelled in space was the Moon and meanwhile trillions of USD were already invested for a manned mission to Mars in 2030.

Science it's dogmatic influence on behalf of determinism, the ground upon which science envisions itself to become master of the Universe, has resulted in a such a repression that it was never considered that Earth life may be bound to a region around the 🌞 Sun.

Philosophy naturally would have posed the following questions:
  1. Is there at least one clue that Earth life is independent from the Solar system?
  2. On what basis is it valid to consider that life is like a biochemical fire that can be taken with one during space travel?
Based on these questions, the first thing to test would be whether Earth life can remain alive further away from Earth. Yet, as of 2021 it was never tested because mainstream science intends to steer to a perspective in which life is a deterministic biochemical process and consciousness an illusion.

When life would be bound to a region around a star, it could explain why the Universe is not crowded with alien activity.

Because the origin of life is unknown, it is evident that science intends to use atheism fuelled neglect – the stubbornly ignoring of the question 'why' life exists – as ground for among other things a synthetic biology revolution in which animal and plant life is rendered meaningless beyond the scope of empirical value, and the multi trillion USD preparation for a manned mission to Mars in 2030.
PsyReporter.com | “If life were to be good as it was, there would be no reason to exist.”
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member
Favorite Philosopher: Cratylus

Post by Pattern-chaser »

UniversalAlien wrote: June 16th, 2022, 6:13 am Time to seriously begin the second new age of exploration off planet - Time to colonize space :idea:
I'm sorry to be a 'nay-sayer', but is space exploration even possible, when the physical resources necessary to achieve regular space flights might well exceed the ability of our world to provide them? Those interested in such things have already recognised the possibility that such consumption of precious and irreplaceable resources could push our ecosystem over the edge; it could become a 'tipping point'.

Space exploration may be immoral, for the reasons I have just described, but that's just a philosophical argument. The real point is that space exploration may not be possible, for the reasons described above.
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
AverageBozo

Post by AverageBozo »

Your Colony 1 reminds me of Biosphere 2:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosphere_2
Astro Cat
Favorite Philosopher: Bernard dEspagnat

Post by Astro Cat »

Pattern-chaser wrote: June 16th, 2022, 11:18 am
UniversalAlien wrote: June 16th, 2022, 6:13 am Time to seriously begin the second new age of exploration off planet - Time to colonize space :idea:
I'm sorry to be a 'nay-sayer', but is space exploration even possible, when the physical resources necessary to achieve regular space flights might well exceed the ability of our world to provide them? Those interested in such things have already recognised the possibility that such consumption of precious and irreplaceable resources could push our ecosystem over the edge; it could become a 'tipping point'.

Space exploration may be immoral, for the reasons I have just described, but that's just a philosophical argument. The real point is that space exploration may not be possible, for the reasons described above.
I hate to seem like a pessimist as well, but I'm closer to being on board this train than the optimistic one.

Space is more impossibly huge than we could even imagine. I'm an astrophysics grad student, I know from experience: right now my thesis is trying to link morphological change with quiescence in galaxies by studying them in a wide range of high redshifts (2.6 < z < 5, this goes out to 20ish billion light years after considering expansion today). Most galaxies are moving away from the Milky Way: all of them except for those in our local cluster.

There will actually be a day in the future when all galaxies outside of our cluster have receded behind the cosmic horizon, and a hypothetical observer wouldn't even know other galaxies existed. The universe doesn't work like sci-fi media think it does, especially those that involve intergalactic travel.

Even if we were to keep within our own galaxy, I don't think that works the way sci-fi thinks it works either. Galaxies are mostly empty space. A galaxy like the Milky Way has younger stars in the disk but most of the stars are old and red in the halo and bulge. Worse yet, the Milky Way is almost a dead galaxy anyway (it's what we call a green galaxy -- in between blue and booming and red and dead. Don't ask me why we call it green instead of purple). We are still studying why galaxies die (in fact it's the whole point of my research), but the facts are, the Milky Way is getting there. So even if you find places to go out there, they won't be around forever, and then there are eventually no places to go.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try or to shut down space programs. I'm just saying that we need to get conceptions of Star Trek or eternal star empires out of our minds, because things just don't work that way in reality.
UniversalAlien

Post by UniversalAlien »

What If We Had Cities in Space? | Unveiled

See short YouTube video here:

https://youtu.be/5sFnQWR6wwU
What Would a Satellite City in Space Look Like?
Our cities are evolving all of the time, with new technology shaping our daily lives. But, what if the cities of the future aren't even on Earth at all? Many are predicting that we'll eventually evacuate this planet, and start a new life in space. But, how would that work? And what would it look like? If we all moved to live on satellites in space, how would our lives change?

What do you think?

Argue all you want against space exploration, but besides new vistas and potentialities, there is a primal drive to explore and conquer
that advances all Evolution - Ask a mountain climber why climb a mountain and his answer is simply because it is there.

An ant has a very limited environment and level of awareness, A cat has a larger domain.
But only Man is presented with an entire universe - The Universe is Man's environment - As good environmentalist we
should get to know it well, travel its distances and establish dominance over it. :arrow:

Anything less is unacceptable :!: :idea: :!:

Now besides asking people like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos to finnace it - Any other ideas on how to get this project started :?:
UniversalAlien

Post by UniversalAlien »

Psyreporter wrote:
........ When life would be bound to a region around a star, it could explain why the Universe is not crowded with alien activity.

Because the origin of life is unknown, it is evident that science intends to use atheism fuelled neglect – the stubbornly ignoring of the question 'why' life exists.........
1. The Universe may in fact be crowded by alien life - Life forms that are not perceptible to Human senses and equipment.
As bacteria works inside the Human digestive system, Man only became aware of this when science advanced - Same with antagonistic
aliens such as fungi and viruses.

2. 'Why life exits' is a primal concept that actually causes life to exist - A primal need to know paradigm drives all existence :arrow: :idea:

3. Can Man exist outside of this Earth and/or Solar system :?:
Only one way find out - And to fear dependence on Earth is counter-Evolutionary. Evolution must progress or the species will die off.
There is no point of fixed time in existence. Biological life like existence itself must keep progressing :idea: :arrow:
psyreporter

Post by psyreporter »

UniversalAlien wrote: June 17th, 2022, 6:03 am1. The Universe may in fact be crowded by alien life - Life forms that are not perceptible to Human senses and equipment.
As bacteria works inside the Human digestive system, Man only became aware of this when science advanced - Same with antagonistic
aliens such as fungi and viruses.
The idea crowded was intended to denote that one might expect advanced civilizations to have become space faring and leave traces of their activity. Decades of advanced space science has provided no clue that such is the case.

At question would be: why is the Universe apparently so silent? Why are there no indications of advanced alien structures yet considering today's advanced cosmological capacity?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox "The Fermi paradox is the conflict between the lack of clear, obvious evidence for extraterrestrial life and various high estimates for their existence."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Filter "The Great Filter, in the context of the Fermi paradox, is one possible resolution of the paradox."

UniversalAlien wrote: June 17th, 2022, 6:03 am2. 'Why life exits' is a primal concept that actually causes life to exist - A primal need to know paradigm drives all existence :arrow: :idea:
In my opinion such a perspective would be to simplistic and would equal to saying "God did it". When it concerns the origin of life, at question could be for example whether life is like a biochemical fire with a start in time or whether life requires a 'topical' source.

UniversalAlien wrote: June 17th, 2022, 6:03 am3. Can Man exist outside of this Earth and/or Solar system :?:
Only one way find out - And to fear dependence on Earth is counter-Evolutionary. Evolution must progress or the species will die off.
There is no point of fixed time in existence. Biological life like existence itself must keep progressing :idea: :arrow:
Don't you find it strange that it was never tested, considering the millions of satellites that have been launched into space by diverse nations including US, China and Russia?

In my opinion it would have been the first thing to test. There are moral concerns of course with regard the use of animals for space science, however, providing insects and plants with an opportunity to live a good nurtured life during a long distance space trip with the opportunity to return to earth seems like something that those insects and plants may not mind.

Diverse sources - including Space.com with many space science students - have confirmed in 2021 that the farthest distance that an animal, insect or bacteria has travelled in space as part of a science test was the Moon.

A few weeks ago I sent a letter to NASA with the same question but I haven't received a reply yet.
PsyReporter.com | “If life were to be good as it was, there would be no reason to exist.”
psyreporter

Post by psyreporter »

Interesting perspective!

Do you have specific resources in mind that would be depleted when humans would start a space faring endeavour? Can you provide more details on why it might be bad for the planet?

While the launch capacity with rockets might be considerable low so that it would provide a certain limit on what would be possible to construct in space (as an example, lifting a structure the size of Empire State Building would require 5,000 launches, costing trillions of USD).

The concept of a space elevator however could remove that limit and make lifting material costless (Solar-powered) so that it is possible to lift material with the weight of the Empire State Building in just weeks of time at little cost. When I learned that, I also started to wonder what the effect of such a limitless space-lift capacity would potentially have on 🌍 Earth's resources.

A space elevator would be cheap to build. It would cost less than Europe's planned re-usable Ariane 7 rocket. A company in 🇯🇵 Japan has promised to have an elevator ready by 2030.

International Space Elevator Consortium
https://www.isec.org/
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member
Favorite Philosopher: Cratylus

Post by Pattern-chaser »

psyreporter wrote: June 17th, 2022, 7:28 am Do you have specific resources in mind that would be depleted when humans would start a space faring endeavour? Can you provide more details on why it might be bad for the planet?
Specific resources? I think you can imagine, just as I can, the raw materials necessary; the energy taken in manufacture; the wages of those who labour to create space vehicles; the pollution caused by the actual launches; the rare elements that must be mined; the resources needed to transform raw materials into their final required form; and so on. Plants and animals would be displaced or destroyed, which also burdens the "planet", but in a different way. I think the consumption involved is quite obvious to us all.
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

UniversalAlien wrote: June 16th, 2022, 6:13 am
"The idea of space travel or humans living in space dates to at least 1610 after the invention of the telescope when German astronomer Johannes Kepler wrote to Italian astronomer Galileo: “Let us create vessels and sails adjusted to the heavenly ether, and there will be plenty of people unafraid of the empty wastes. In the meantime, we shall prepare, for the brave sky-travellers, maps of the celestial bodies.”
Time to seriously begin the second new age of exploration off planet - Time to colonize space :idea:

Time to meet the future by creating it - Driving it into space :idea:

Time to extend the borders of Human limitation off planet :idea:

Time to "Explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.”{Star Trek}

But what is the best way of doing this :?: Colonizing nearby places such as the Moon and Mars :?:

Why bother with such a slow program on planets whose atmospheres are so unfriendly, that can more simply be explored by robotics,
and as of now offer little of value :?:

Isn't it time to build the proverbial 'star ship', a massive city size self-sufficient space colony, capable of sustaining thousands of
scientist/explorers on a permanent mission of space exploration :?:

For these brave pioneers outer space will be their new home - The new StarShip will actually be Colony 1 in a program whose sole
goal will by exploration and coloization of space.

Time to bring Science Fiction back home to its Scientific base :!:

"I don't think the human race will survive the next thousand years, unless we spread into space. There are too many accidents that can befall life on a single planet. But I'm an optimist. We will reach out to the stars."

- Stephen Hawking, Astrophysicist
"Man is an artifact designed for space travel. He is not designed to remain in his present biologic state any more than a tadpole is designed to remain a tadpole."

- William Burroughs, Author
“Since, in the long run, every planetary civilization will be endangered by impacts from space, every surviving civilization is obliged to become spacefaring--not because of exploratory or romantic zeal, but for the most practical reason imaginable: staying alive... If our long-term survival is at stake, we have a basic responsibility to our species to venture to other worlds.”
― Carl Sagan
The current technology that the Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence (SETI) uses can only listen out to about a 1000 Light Year radius. Since the Milky Way Galaxy is 100000 Light Years across, the futility of this is obvious. With this technology we might be able to scan 0.04% of Our own Galaxy. The source signals attenuate too fast for any greater distances.

According to the last Hubble Telescope survey there are 100 Billion Galaxies in the Universe. Lets say there are 1 Million other Planets that have evolved intelligent life forms that have invented Radio transmission technologies. This means that there would be only one of these other Planets in every 100000 Galaxies. So the probability that SETI will find even one of these other Planets in our Galaxy is almost non existent. For SETI to have any possible chance of finding one of these other Planets there would have to be, assuming the Galaxy is a flat disk and using a simple ratio of areas, 2500 of them in our Galaxy. This means that there would have to be 2500 X 100 Billion, or 250 Trillion, of these Planets in the Universe for SETI to be able to find just one of them. Nobody thinks there are going to be that many of these Planets. The only hope for SETI is that these Planets are all transmitting super high power signals for the express purpose of having someone detect them. This is also unlikely. On the other hand maybe there really are 250 Trillion advanced Planets in the Universe. So I think SETI should continue it's search until we know more about the Universe.

Most advanced technology Planets probably realize the futility of a SETI search and eventually invent some other technology, not related to Radio transmissions, that will do the job. Maybe Conscious Space (CSp) should be studied to see if it can be used as a way to communicate across the Universe. Since we suppose that CSp is not anything like normal PSp it might not have the same limitations as Physical Space (PSp). The Inter Mind Model (IMM) supposes that our Conscious Minds (CMs) exist in CSp, but we don't seem to be able to communicate between CMs locally on our own planet. So we should not expect that we will be able to use our CMs to communicate across the Universe. However, a Machine with the proper connections to CSp might be able to instantaneously communicate with any other such configured Machine in the Universe. This is completely hypothetical and we don't have any idea how to do this at this time. But just the suggestion of this might enable someone in the future to discover such a thing. This will obviously require more understanding and study.
UniversalAlien

Post by UniversalAlien »

SteveKlinko wrote:
The current technology that the Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence (SETI) uses can only listen out to about a 1000 Light Year radius. Since the Milky Way Galaxy is 100000 Light Years across, the futility of this is obvious. With this technology we might be able to scan 0.04% of Our own Galaxy. The source signals attenuate too fast for any greater distances.

According to the last Hubble Telescope survey there are 100 Billion Galaxies in the Universe. Lets say there are 1 Million other Planets that have evolved intelligent life forms that have invented Radio transmission technologies. This means that there would be only one of these other Planets in every 100000 Galaxies. So the probability that SETI will find even one of these other Planets in our Galaxy is almost non existent. For SETI to have any possible chance of finding one of these other Planets there would have to be, assuming the Galaxy is a flat disk and using a simple ratio of areas, 2500 of them in our Galaxy. This means that there would have to be 2500 X 100 Billion, or 250 Trillion, of these Planets in the Universe for SETI to be able to find just one of them. Nobody thinks there are going to be that many of these Planets. The only hope for SETI is that these Planets are all transmitting super high power signals for the express purpose of having someone detect them. This is also unlikely. On the other hand maybe there really are 250 Trillion advanced Planets in the Universe. So I think SETI should continue it's search until we know more about the Universe.

Most advanced technology Planets probably realize the futility of a SETI search and eventually invent some other technology, not related to Radio transmissions, that will do the job. Maybe Conscious Space (CSp) should be studied to see if it can be used as a way to communicate across the Universe. Since we suppose that CSp is not anything like normal PSp it might not have the same limitations as Physical Space (PSp). The Inter Mind Model (IMM) supposes that our Conscious Minds (CMs) exist in CSp, but we don't seem to be able to communicate between CMs locally on our own planet. So we should not expect that we will be able to use our CMs to communicate across the Universe. However, a Machine with the proper connections to CSp might be able to instantaneously communicate with any other such configured Machine in the Universe. This is completely hypothetical and we don't have any idea how to do this at this time. But just the suggestion of this might enable someone in the future to discover such a thing. This will obviously require more understanding and study.
I can imagine exporters being dissuaded from crossing the oceans because of the then incomprehensible vastness of the sea and of course the old theory that if you travel far enough you will fall off the edge of the Earth - Just a few hundred years ago such theories were taken seriously. Turns out the sea was not really all that vast - And maybe in light of the hypothetical Multiverse our universe is not that vast either.

Main points are observation and increases in observation brought about by advances in science technology.

The microscope opens new vistas, increased exponentially by the electron microscope. The telescope followed by the radio telescope is another example of increased observability.

Now let's take current and future data from outer space and look again - Analyze it with an ever greater AI potential, computers and quantum computers searching for what we normally don't perceive.

In the quantum Universe aliens from thousands of light years away may be easier to communicate with
than current technology allows :?:

In just a few hundred years we've learned about 'alien' life such as bacteria, fungi, and viruses pervading within Humans of this Earth.

The potential for alien and currently undetectable life forms, even advanced life forms, that are currently unseen because of limitations in technology and science is vast - And the universe is only as vast as the mind that can still not see it. :roll:
psyreporter

Post by psyreporter »

Astro Cat wrote: June 17th, 2022, 4:12 am

I hate to seem like a pessimist as well, but I'm closer to being on board this train than the optimistic one.

Space is more impossibly huge than we could even imagine. I'm an astrophysics grad student, I know from experience: right now my thesis is trying to link morphological change with quiescence in galaxies by studying them in a wide range of high redshifts (2.6 < z < 5, this goes out to 20ish billion light years after considering expansion today). Most galaxies are moving away from the Milky Way: all of them except for those in our local cluster.

There will actually be a day in the future when all galaxies outside of our cluster have receded behind the cosmic horizon, and a hypothetical observer wouldn't even know other galaxies existed. The universe doesn't work like sci-fi media think it does, especially those that involve intergalactic travel.

Even if we were to keep within our own galaxy, I don't think that works the way sci-fi thinks it works either. Galaxies are mostly empty space. A galaxy like the Milky Way has younger stars in the disk but most of the stars are old and red in the halo and bulge. Worse yet, the Milky Way is almost a dead galaxy anyway (it's what we call a green galaxy -- in between blue and booming and red and dead. Don't ask me why we call it green instead of purple). We are still studying why galaxies die (in fact it's the whole point of my research), but the facts are, the Milky Way is getting there. So even if you find places to go out there, they won't be around forever, and then there are eventually no places to go.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try or to shut down space programs. I'm just saying that we need to get conceptions of Star Trek or eternal star empires out of our minds, because things just don't work that way in reality.
Welcome to the forum! I am looking forward to reading your comments.

I just created a new topic with regard the Doppler-interpretation of red-shift and the corresponding idea that the Universe is expanding. According to some scientists the idea is religious in nature (invalid).

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18050

It might well be that distances would need to be re-evaluated and that other stars are closer than thought today.
Astro Cat
Favorite Philosopher: Bernard dEspagnat

Post by Astro Cat »

psyreporter wrote: June 18th, 2022, 7:22 am Welcome to the forum! I am looking forward to reading your comments.

I just created a new topic with regard the Doppler-interpretation of red-shift and the corresponding idea that the Universe is expanding. According to some scientists the idea is religious in nature (invalid).

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18050

It might well be that distances would need to be re-evaluated and that other stars are closer than thought today.
Thanks!

Awesome, thanks for starting the subject. I'll definitely jump in, though I'm going to bed now. This will be my area of expertise so I might talk your ear off over there, haha! ^_^
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."
--Richard Feynman
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

UniversalAlien wrote: June 17th, 2022, 4:44 pm SteveKlinko wrote:

I can imagine exporters being dissuaded from crossing the oceans because of the then incomprehensible vastness of the sea and of course the old theory that if you travel far enough you will fall off the edge of the Earth - Just a few hundred years ago such theories were taken seriously. Turns out the sea was not really all that vast - And maybe in light of the hypothetical Multiverse our universe is not that vast either.

Main points are observation and increases in observation brought about by advances in science technology.

The microscope opens new vistas, increased exponentially by the electron microscope. The telescope followed by the radio telescope is another example of increased observability.

Now let's take current and future data from outer space and look again - Analyze it with an ever greater AI potential, computers and quantum computers searching for what we normally don't perceive.

In the quantum Universe aliens from thousands of light years away may be easier to communicate with
than current technology allows :?:

In just a few hundred years we've learned about 'alien' life such as bacteria, fungi, and viruses pervading within Humans of this Earth.

The potential for alien and currently undetectable life forms, even advanced life forms, that are currently unseen because of limitations in technology and science is vast - And the universe is only as vast as the mind that can still not see it. :roll:
I think we will need a Space Program to explore our Local part of the Galaxy and to be able to compete against other countries that might not have the same good intentions for Space as we do (I hope we have good intentions). But as for going to other Galaxies with our bulk matter Bodies, I don't think that is practical. I think the best we can hope to do is to somehow Communicate with other Civilizations even if we cannot Physically travel there. I like the concept of traveling in Conscious Space for this. Since Conscious Space is theorized to be Timeless and Dimensionless it might be easy to communicate with other Galaxies, no matter how far across the Universe.

Return to “Philosophy of Science”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream