The March Philosophy Book of the Month is Final Notice by Van Fleisher. Discuss Final Notice now.

The April Philosophy Book of the Month is The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Evidence that Consciousness Survives Bodily Death?

Discuss any topics related to metaphysics (the philosophical study of the principles of reality) or epistemology (the philosophical study of knowledge) in this forum.
eyesofastranger
Favorite Philosopher: Albert Einstein

Re: Evidence that Consciousness Survives Bodily Death?

Post by eyesofastranger » March 15th, 2019, 12:24 pm

Dark matter is the mass of stars and planets that escape the big crunch under the control of advanced civilizations that flee the big crunch preserving their valued ecosystems.
With my primitive braincase I try to imagine the multidimensional existence of these beings and preserving an ecosystem of time and gravity seems very anthropomorphic. But who's to say. Time does give order to what must be disorder even to our multidimensional *ods.
The idea that dark matter has gravity that leaks here has been explored since the discovery that we have unaccounted for gravity. The current argument says all that exists in the universe fits well into the inverse-square law.
The on topic question is can these multidimensional beings provide a vessel for our emotions and emotional attachments. I would suggest without those, what is preserved has nothing to do with the being that was you.

BigBango

Re: Evidence that Consciousness Survives Bodily Death?

Post by BigBango » March 15th, 2019, 9:19 pm

eyesofastranger wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 12:24 pm
Dark matter is the mass of stars and planets that escape the big crunch under the control of advanced civilizations that flee the big crunch preserving their valued ecosystems.
With my primitive braincase I try to imagine the multidimensional existence of these beings and preserving an ecosystem of time and gravity seems very anthropomorphic. But who's to say. Time does give order to what must be disorder even to our multidimensional *ods.
The idea that dark matter has gravity that leaks here has been explored since the discovery that we have unaccounted for gravity. The current argument says all that exists in the universe fits well into the inverse-square law.
The on topic question is can these multidimensional beings provide a vessel for our emotions and emotional attachments. I would suggest without those, what is preserved has nothing to do with the being that was you.
What I would like to accomplish in this post is to try to clear up what I consider a misunderstanding on your part of my thesis and at the same time make clearer to you what the connection is between our pre-universe soul and our "experiential" neurological self of this world. Of course, that would include how it is that these beings "provide a vessel for our emotions and emotional attachments".

Your use of the word "dimensional", when considering these beings, reminds me very much about how I first came to develop this thesis. I did not resolve those problems of multi-dimensionality until I realized that it was simply a case of the pre-universe evolving "fractally" into what we recognize as our familiar universe. So when I speak of "beings" in the pre-universe I am speaking about living beings, planets and stars that have atoms of a lower fractal layer of reality, not a different dimension of the time and space we live in. Hence, instead of a problem of dimensionality it is simply a problem of "scale".

So to wind down this discussion before I completely confuse you, I will just say that these fractally smaller entities of the pre-universe are still within us constructing the vessels within which they can experience the post Big Bang world that was once their only world.