The Most Important Thing You'll Ever Read.

Discuss any topics related to metaphysics (the philosophical study of the principles of reality) or epistemology (the philosophical study of knowledge) in this forum.
StuartL
New Trial Member

Post by StuartL »

The following is rather long admittedly, but given that it contains the actual “Meaning of Life the Universe and Everything”, and an explanation of how “Life After Death” is actually possible, using current physics theory, I hope that you'll bear with me.

In a post entitled “Space-Time, Imaginary Time, and a Singularity” on a leading physics forum I used physics theory to demonstrate the possibility of life after death. The post has been up for over a month now, and had hundreds of views, but nobody has been able to debunk it. The only argument that has come up is, that I cannot prove that imaginary time actually exists. However; they cannot prove that it doesn't either, so...

Firstly, I should explain what imaginary time is. Stephen Hawking proposed imaginary time, as a time dimension for the “big bang” to have taken place in, in order to demonstrate that there was no need for a creator. He didn't name it imaginary time because it's unreal, but rather, he named it imaginary time in terms of imaginary numbers (x the unknown). Current physics theory is that real time, one of the four dimensions of space-time, came into existence at the moment of the “big bang”. So essentially, physicists are saying that 'something happened' before there was a time for it to happen in. Imaginary time provides a time for the “big bang” to happen in, and thus clears up some of the math. Stephen Hawking stated that imaginary time runs at “right angles” to real time, which may strike you as odd, but remember that time going from left to right, or up to down, makes no difference to an observer within a given time dimension. Time is linear and sequential to an observer within it (one instant follows another).

Secondly, I should probably tell you a little about myself. Ten years ago now, I lost my temper over a triviality. Mid-yell, I was suddenly struck with the thought, “Look at me! What has happened to me? How did I become like this?”, I stopped yelling, and rushed away. It was then that I resolved to change, and that night I did. I won't go into the details of that night, but suffice it to say, I discovered my true identity and became truly just. Over the next few months, using a process that I call debugging, and thanks to neuroplasticity, I was able to repair myself. As a result I became truly happy. True happiness involves having all of your emotions under your own control. You do not become emotionless, rather, your emotions play out upon a landscape of true happiness.

Now things become a little bit complex. When I discovered who I am, I was posed a question:

“How can I exist both here, and in a single instant of time outside of this time dimension?”

Occasionally, over the past decade, I would ponder this question, but to me it made no sense. Because, in a similar way to the paradox of “big bang” happening before time existed, anything happening in a single instant of time seemed impossible. If I exist in a single instant of time, I cannot 'do' anything, not even think. Suddenly, on the day that Stephen Hawking died (3/14/18), I understood. I mention the date because of the coincidences involved with it, and the roll that bizarre coincidences have played in my life for a decade now. March 14th is international pi day (3.14). It is the day that Einstein was born, the day that Hawking died, and the day that all of this coalesced in my mind.

So, what is all of this?

One property of time is that it all always exists. That is to say that even though we exist in the present, our past and our future, still and already exist, accordingly. Given that the start of real time, could have been an event in imaginary time, and that all time in a given time dimension exists all the time: All of imaginary time, and all of real time, can occur within each other instantaneously. Therefore; they can both be contained, in their entirety, in a single instant of time. A singularity of time, if you will. Given this property of time, the possibility of all time still being contained within a singularity as 'potential time dimensions' arises. I know that it may sound strange, but keep in mind that, as observers within a given 'potential time dimension' we are subject to the physical laws of said 'potential time dimension', and not adversely impacted by being inside a singularity. But it gets stranger still. Given the infinite properties of the surface of a sphere (singularity), an infinite number of 'potential time dimensions' can all exist at the same time (the multiverse predicted by quantum physics), without the singularity having to “bang” any of them into existence.

One potential problem with this theory is:

“If the singularity can “bang” space-time into existence, why wouldn't that just happen?”

The singularity could be so dense that nothing can move, its “clock cannot tick”. So although it can contain 'potential time dimensions' as possible futures (“What would happen if...” properties), it cannot actually 'realize' any of them.

Another possible problem with this theory is:

“Why would a singularity need to have 'potential future properties' at all if its 'clock cannot tick'?”

To answer this, it helps to look at time, as a singularity of its three component parts (past/present/future). To do this I'll use the following notation (0/1/2), although it would actually be more like this (0,1,2,3/4/5,6,7...). According to string theory, everything is comprised of tiny vibrating strings, so I'll use this model, although it doesn't actually have to be correct for the following to be true. It just makes it a little easier to understand.

There are various theories for how/if space-time will end. The only one that poses a problem to this theory, is if the Universe ends when everything reaches absolute zero (clock stops ticking). If it isn't necessary for the matter within the Universe to have 'potential future properties', once it all reaches absolute zero, then the same could be said to be true of the singularity. However; imagine that there is a tiny vibrating string that has just reached absolute zero. Now imagine, that the string gains some more energy:

Does it do nothing?
Does it do something random?
Or does it do the next thing that it would have done, if it had enough energy to do it?

The string may have lost its ability to realize its future, but its 'potential future' still exists as a 'potential future property'.

Looking at time this way also helps you to understand time travel a little better. Given that real time/space-time is set, travelling into the future is an illusion, because all that you are actually doing is obeying your 'already set' 'future property'. While travelling into the past is impossible, because:

(a) You'd simply bash into yourself. (3/4/5) – (4/5/5)
(b) If you could somehow 'step out of' real time/space-time you'd instantaneously place a null value into your 'past property' (3/4/5) – (0/5/6) (actually (0/1/2)). So attempting to travel back in time would place a null value into your future property (0/1/0), and you cannot have a null value in your 'future property'.

Finally, this is were things get interesting. A singularity of time has a past, a present, and a future, and likewise a 'singularity of life' could have a past, a presence, and a future. If so, given that all of real time and all of imaginary time take place within each other in their entirety, a 'life singularity' could have 'potential future properties' for both time dimensions. This would mean, that once a being's 'potential future property', could no longer be realized in space-time/real time, its 'potential future property' in imaginary time would become viable. Therefore; provided that the 'life singularity' met the requirements for existence within imaginary time, upon death, a being could instantaneously exist within imaginary time.

You have absolutely no reason to believe any of this. However; I'm an extreme skeptic, but my experiences over the decade, have almost completely convinced me of its validity. Again, I don't expect that to mean anything much to you. But just in case it does, I'll explain the requirements for existence in imaginary time, and how I know of them.

In order to exist in imaginary time, a being must first become truly just. I can't go into too much detail about the nature of true justness, because then I could potentially be writing a new “holy book”, and there are no gods. This whole thing, “The Meaning of Life the Universe and Everything”, is simply about reproduction. A mum, a dad, and the kids. What you have to understand is, that you cannot give the power, to do almost anything, to just anyone. If you want to know what power in the hands of those who aren't ready for it, looks like, just take a look around. However; I will give you a very brief outline of what true justness means.

Doing the right thing, because you want to.
Being in control of your emotions, not being controlled by them.
Finding universal unconditional love.
Questioning everything.

I'd like to point out, that when I provided that definition on the physics forum, the “Questioning everything” part was misinterpreted. Question everything doesn't mean “Question everything about this, but hold fast to your own beliefs.”, it means, question everything. I must admit, that I was surprised to discover that theists and physicists have so much in common. They both have their own “Books of Wisdom”, and as a consequence they stick their fingers in their ears and go, “LA, LA, LA, I'm not listening!”, to anything that contradicts their own belief systems. Still, they couldn't prove any of this wrong, so...

One interesting thing about becoming truly just, is that it comes with the side-effect, of becoming truly happy, and all that I really want for you, is for you to become truly happy. Universal unconditional love may sound tricky, but it's really quite easy. Think of the “worst” person you can. Now, imagine that your 'life singularity' had been placed in them, and their 'life singularity' had been placed in you. Because space-time is set, nothing else would change. Should I now, love you less? Essentially, we become what our physiology, biology, and sociology make us become. However; we can 'break free', and become what we once were, if we choose to do so.

Space-time being set can be a little unnerving for some people, because seemingly it removes free-will. However; space-time is set by the choices that you have made/make/will make, they're your choices, you just can't change them (but you wouldn't anyway, they're your choices, and you're you).

As to the 'who I am' bit...Hold onto your hat.

This whole thing, all of it, in its entirety, is about one thing, and one thing only, reproduction. You have to become truly just, before you can be trusted, to advance to the next level. You have to be worthy of 'the power', before you can be allowed to wield 'the power'. A good analogy might be driving a car:

Right now you're driving an 'ordinary car', nothing too fancy, but it gets you from (a) to (b). You can choose to drive it:

(a) In a responsible manner, obeying the rules of the road, with regard for other's safety.
(b) Like you're on a race track, with complete disregard for other's safety.
(c) Somewhere in between (a) and (b).

Who would you give a vehicle that could be, a tank, a race car, a bulldozer, a monster truck, or a motorcycle, depending upon the driver's wishes at any given moment, to?

By the way, such a vehicle is not as far fetched as you may think. An interesting thing from the field of quantum mechanics is that theoretically, a pizza could suddenly just materialize on the table in front of you. Can anybody categorically state, that a being couldn't possess the ability to turn such a highly improbable event into an actual event, just by 'imagining' a pizza on the table in front of them?

As bizarre as it may sound, I am the avatar of one of two 'creator beings', who came together for the purpose of reproduction. I have no 'special powers'. In fact, I'm in no way 'special' at all, we're all equals. There are no 'gods'. As I stated earlier, I'm an extreme skeptic. I'll always be on my guard. I'll always question everything. I'll always be truly just.

My purpose for being here is threefold:

(a) Discover who I am.
(b) Discover 'the rules', and pass them on.
(c) Find your mum, look into her eyes, and kiss her.

I will never meet your mum by chance alone. I have a very good idea who she is, and because of that I know that we will never 'just bump into each other'. What happens when we kiss is unknown to me. It puts me in mind of an event from my childhood:

When I was seven I went to Newfoundland to visit my grandparents. While I was there, my grandfather frequently took my brother and I out on his boat to jig for cod. We were there for several weeks, and went out jigging fairly often, with no luck. On our last full day there, we went jigging one last time. Having pulled several pieces of seaweed up from the bottom, thinking that I had caught something, I turned to my grandfather and asked “How will I know when I've caught one?”, “Oh, you'll know.” he replied. A few seconds later I caught one, and he was right, I knew, there was no doubt.

The only way that your mum and I are ever going to meet in this time dimension, is if you to choose to help us meet. Her identity is easy to discover, for those who can actually influence global public opinion, so I won't say who I believe her to be, here. But I'm not getting any younger, and she may not remain single for much longer either. Oh, and finding out what, if anything, happens when we kiss, must be her choice.

I know there'll be a great deal of skepticism and wide spread rejection of this information, but what does it boil down to really?

From the scientific perspective this model is more logical:

(a) The possible existence of a time dimension, within which the “Big Bang” could take place.
(b) The possible existence of a multiverse from a single source (singularity).
(c) The math that Stephen Hawking proposed imaginary time in order to 'clear up' is 'cleared up'.

From the theist perspective this model is more logical and ethical:

(a) All divisiveness is removed.
(b) All beings must actually become truly just.
(c) Life after death is possible.

If any of you are actually interested, “The Greater Good Science Centre” and its edX course “The Science of Happiness”, would be a good starting point for your journey.

The more this spreads, the greater the likelihood that your mum and I may actually meet in this time dimension and then... Who knows? So...

Everything you really need to know, having read this, is contained within your own minds and the three videos below. Watch, listen, and study carefully, there's a lot in there.

Enjoy.

[music videos deleted by moderator]
Eduk
Favorite Philosopher: Socrates

Re: The Most Important Thing You'll Ever Read.

Post by Eduk »

Just because you are crazy doesn't mean you are interesting.
Unknown means unknown.
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

StuartL wrote: April 24th, 2018, 11:55 am The following is rather long admittedly, but given that it contains the actual “Meaning of Life the Universe and Everything”, and an explanation of how “Life After Death” is actually possible, using current physics theory, I hope that you'll bear with me.
Yeah... no.
Quick scan evidenced too many holes.
A grand and pedantic lie is hardly a way to begin your dissertation of the alleged ultimate meaning of Reality for all!
"42" is way closer than that huge pile of words (Occam laughs...), and doesn't hurt anyone's brain! *__-
Thinking critical
Favorite Philosopher: A.C Grayling

Post by Thinking critical »

Your physics are way off. You're attempting to envoke multiple fields of theoretical physics at once and mixing up there applications. Your understanding of spacetime is also shakey at best, you appear to be borrowing snippets of of ideas from here and there without really understanding the nature of the original idea then distort the meaning to align with your own perception then present it in this post in a way which scientifically makes no sense at all.
As for your interpretation of the meaning of life........to me, was meaningless.
This cocky little cognitive contortionist will straighten you right out
StuartL
New Trial Member

Post by StuartL »

As stated, the physics used in the post have been subjected to review by the physics community, and only been found to be flawed, in so much as I cannot prove that Stephen Hawking's 'Imaginary Time' actually exists. Plus, they REALLY wanted to find something in order to ridicule me, 'creation' goes 'against the grain' with them. However; if you'd care to demonstrate how/where the physics are wrong...

I'd argue that I cannot prove that a 'life singularity' actually exists either, but the physics community hasn't brought that up yet. However; you're still alive in the past, and you're already alive in the future, so essentially 'you' are contained within a singularity of time aka the present. Assuming that you actually exist, and are actually alive, a 'singularity of life', doesn't seem to be too much of a stretch.

Space-time is a term used to describe the Universe in which we live. It has four dimensions, the three dimensions of space (x-axis, y-axis, z-axis), plus time, which as shown by both general and special relativity is woven into the other three dimensions of space.

I just found the following video...coincidence?
Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fZVQzcqyKU

Reproduction is meaningless?
Happiness is meaningless?
StuartL
New Trial Member

Post by StuartL »

I should probably elaborate on my use of the word “coincidence?” in my last post, because again, it's probably meaningless to you.

I did not go looking for a video. The link that I clicked was to an article, that although related to my search, was not actually what I was looking for. I clicked on it, despite it being on a newspaper site, because it 'popped' to me. I say despite it being on a newspaper site because historically I find newspaper sites to be a waste of time. I find them so full of advertising that they're usually slow to load and they frequently throw pop-ups at me. Also, historically, videos on newspaper sites have thrown 2-3 ads at me stating that my video will play after the ads have finished, and either the videos failed to play, or loaded so slowly that I just gave up waiting, and left.

Funny then, that a video, for which I was not looking, by a person of whom I had never heard, on a site that I would normally have avoided, on a subject that I wasn't actually searching for, should be a perfect fit for what I have been telling you. In that it explains that time:

Is always present in its entirety.
Appears to come in singularities.

And that:

We are living in a multiverse that physics cannot explain the origin of.
Although you (here) may have chosen to dismiss this, you (somewhere) has chosen to accept it, and act upon it.

My life has been full of such 'coincidences' for a decade now. I am an extreme skeptic. I have taken and retaken all the online tests for schizophrenia that I can find, because seeing 'coincidences' where none actually exist is a symptom of that disease. I have doubted and doubted, and questioned and re-questioned everything, every step of the way. All this coalescing in my mind on the day that Stephen Hawking died (3/14/2018 – pi day) has me almost completely convinced. But I still need that kiss. Then if nothing happens, c'est la vie.

Einstein DOB – 3/14/1879 - "Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous." (There are no gods, but hey.)
Hawking DOD – 3/14/2018 - “Imaginary Time”.
Day I discovered the answer to my question – 3/14/2018

Why pi? My theory is that it relates to the infinite properties of the surface of a sphere (singularity). An infinite number of 'potential futures'.

The trouble with the world wide web, is that people choose to jump to conclusions, after just 'skimming' through things, rather than actually taking the time to think about them. All this requires an investment of your time, if you're unwilling to make such an investment here, you will somewhere else anyway.

This whole system is extraordinarily clever. I could never have come up with it, well this 'me' couldn't have anyway.
Thinking critical
Favorite Philosopher: A.C Grayling

Post by Thinking critical »

StuartL wrote: April 26th, 2018, 9:34 am As stated, the physics used in the post have been subjected to review by the physics community, and only been found to be flawed, in so much as I cannot prove that Stephen Hawking's 'Imaginary Time' actually exists. Plus, they REALLY wanted to find something in order to ridicule me, 'creation' goes 'against the grain' with them. However; if you'd care to demonstrate how/where the physics are wrong...
(the multiverse predicted by quantum physics)
The multiverse was predicted by string theory as a result of the literally millions of different mathematical models for each string symmetry. The multiverse theory helped get around the problem of the infinite numer of potential dimensions the math kept producing.
This cocky little cognitive contortionist will straighten you right out
StuartL
New Trial Member

Post by StuartL »

The following video, that I came across this morning, poses an interesting question about an infinite multiverse paradox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TDCFxsZcOA

The question posed is simply that, 'If all possible time dimensions/universes exist, then at least one must exist that cannot become a multiverse itself, or allow for the existence of a multiverse at all. Otherwise all possible time dimensions/universes do not exist.'.

If we look at our Universe/space-time, we can speculate that although a huge number of possible alternative copies of it exist, the number that can exist is finite. Because the matter within the Universe/space-time can only be arranged in a finite number of ways. Although finite, the number of potential Universes/space-times is mind-blowingly huge. However; imaginary time, the singularity's actual time dimension, is static. The singularity's 'clock has stopped ticking' because the singularity is so dense that nothing can move. The singularity has no 'actual future', because all of its 'potential futures' end in its destruction. However; it can contain a multiverse of the 'potential future time dimensions' that could come into existence in accordance with the manner of its destruction (infinite properties of the surface of a sphere).

Therefore; the paradox is solved. At least one universe/time dimension exists, that cannot become a multiverse of itself, or allow for the existence of a multiverse at all.

Return to “Epistemology and Metaphysics”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream