The Fractal Generation of the Universe

Discuss any topics related to metaphysics (the philosophical study of the principles of reality) or epistemology (the philosophical study of knowledge) in this forum.
Tamminen

Re: The Fractal Generation of the Universe

Post by Tamminen »

BigBango wrote: May 31st, 2018, 10:21 pm No one yet in this forum has addressed the fact that the visual cortex has a left of eye picture in one part of the brain and a right of eye picture on the other side of the visual cortex and yet our experiential view is of an integrated field of vision,. Crick could not solve that dilemma. But physicalists ignore it.
This is not a problem because the mind is not the brain, on the level of description. The mind gets its information "through" the brain and makes a consistent picture of the world out of that information. The "geometrical" structure of the phenomenal world need not be the same as that of the brain.
BigBango

Post by BigBango »

I appreciate your comment.

I meant the above quote as an argument against pure physicalists. I don't consider you, Tamminen, to be a physicalist. Are you suggesting that the physicalist believes that there is a "mind" that is not correlated directly to the physical state of nervous tissue? If so, I stand corrected.

To my knowledge, Crick tried to find evidence of that unifying mind state. He focused on certain synchronizing brain cycles as the most likely "physical evidence. He eventually gave up.

I like the dominate role you give to the subject object relation. Where we part ways, I guess, is that your "Subject" is an integral necessary part of any objectivity. While I think that may be the case as a fact of the first state of existence, if there was a first. I think the nature of the "Subject" also has physical states that are really related to all levels of subjectivity. Those physical/subject states converge, possibly, to deeper and deeper fraclal layers of reality until, I guess, a pure state of subjectivity is reached.
Tamminen

Post by Tamminen »

BigBango wrote: June 1st, 2018, 5:34 pm I meant the above quote as an argument against pure physicalists. I don't consider you, Tamminen, to be a physicalist. Are you suggesting that the physicalist believes that there is a "mind" that is not correlated directly to the physical state of nervous tissue? If so, I stand corrected.
No, I thought it was a problem for you personally.
BigBango

Post by BigBango »

Ok, I think I know where this debate needs to go.

Phenomenology seems to have been a big black hole in my thinking. After Kant I tried to ignore, mainly, the German Idealists because they rejected Kant's insistence on an objective reality.

I am sorry now that I ignored Husserl and his explication of the constructs of our conscious experience. Of course his thinking has evolved through time all the way to Derrida and his deconstructionism. But I like Husserl's initial attempts to rectify his ideas on consciousness with his understanding of "arithmetic" or mathematics in general. In Husserl we get his attempt to reconcile number or concepts with reality. What is most interesting to me is his reduction of numbers and concepts to quale, or the way they feel. Frege objected to that because to him objects of consciousness had only reference to real objects.

Eventually Husserl rejected much of his theoretical work in favor of a more Platonic view of reality.

I think I like his earlier work.

If, as in this thread, we think in terms of "forms" then we do not have to accept quantum foam or Boehm's implicate order, corpuscles or "nothingness" as the history of our world. In future posts I will try to adapt the "form" of our world's consciousness to its antecedent that was before the Big Bang but is now in our world and engaged in its own life adventure.
BigBango

Post by BigBango »

BigBango wrote: June 2nd, 2018, 10:40 pm
If, as in this thread, we think in terms of "forms" then we do not have to accept quantum foam or Boehm's implicate order, corpuscles or "nothingness" as the history of our world. In future posts I will try to adapt the "form" of our world's consciousness to its antecedent that was before the Big Bang but is now in our world and engaged in its own life adventure.
Our galaxy is the form that we can generalize from. In a fractal evolution of the universe the form that is "NOW" is the form that was before the Big Crunch Big Bang. The details of substance are irrelevant to the fact that the form is the same. We cannot use science with its emphasis on an empirical reckoning to establish the fact that before the Big Crunch/Big Bang the form of the world was the same as the form of our world after the Big Crunch/Big Bang. This assertion is consistent with Leibniz view of reality and the ontological status of "monads". Substance in Leibnitz terms never exists without dominating "monads"(subject). Monads represent the forms of the "mental"(subject) and are not reducible. The purely physical, however, is infinitely divisible.

My thesis applies Leibniz' views of form as equivalent to Husserl's constructs of phenomenological consciousness. These forms exist in our world and also existed in the world before the BC/BB.

One might ask why do these "mental" forms exist in our world. The answer is that they have always existed and they have persisted from before the BC/BB until now. Our program as philosophers is to start showing how this "subject" from before the BC/BB has survived the BC/BB and has now animated our chemistry and created the biological creatures we are so familiar with.
Wayne92587
Favorite Philosopher: Hermese Trismegistus

Post by Wayne92587 »

BingoBango;

BigBango;
Wayne, you need to make your narrative about the world more accessible to us by translating it into philosophical terms, metaphysics & epistemology are the language of philosophy and if you cannot do that then look for other forums where you might find a better fit.

The arguments going on in this forum are interesting and backed up by serious thinkers who defend their arguments with vigor, clever analysis and very relevant references to the greatest of our philosophical thinkers.

My theory is off the charts and I don't blame the philosophers here for being reticent to embrace my ideas.
If the serious thinkers who defend their arguments with vigor, clever analysis are very relevant to the greatest of our philosophical thinkers.

Wayne wrote;
BigBango you and your Ideas are a joke.

Being that philosophers here are reticent to embrace your ideas then maybe you should look for other forums, where you might find a better fit.

As a a wannabe philosopher you say, "that you have studied Whitehead extensively.and have a good understanding of Leibniz, Kant, Schopenhauer, Plato, Aristotle, Searle, Penrose and Heidegger. That is your background."

I choose not to make my narrative about the World, more accessible to us by translating it into philosophical terms, metaphysics & epistemology, the language of philosophy.

The use of Sacred, Secret, Technical Language, results in irreverence, Blasphemy, just so much Hog Wash, B.S.

What do you understand about the use of Metaphors, Technical terminology, Sacred, Hidden, Secret, Forbidden Knowledge; the lack of understanding because of the use of philosophical terms, metaphysics & epistemology, that is used as the language of philosophy ????

I use little of the language of philosophy intentionally.

I say that in the beginning before the creation of the creative process that there was only Darkness upon the Deep.

The creative process beginning with the creation of the Reality of First Cause.

Nothing being readily apparent, nothing being measurable as to location and momentum
In Space Time; not Time, not Space, not momentum (motion), there being no angular momentum, no velocity of speed and direction, no displacement,

The only thing in existence was existence itself.

The Darkness of the Great Void existing as a Cosmic Egg, as a Transcendental Fully Random Quantum State of Singularity filled with an unspoken of quantity of omnipresent Infinitely Finite Indivisible Singularities, Fractals, having no relative numerical value, having a numerical value of Zero-0; a Singularity of Zero-0 existing without displacement, not having any angular momentum, no velocity of speed and direction, everything existing as a Point Singularity, to Include Time, Space and Motion.

Nothing was readily apparent, nothing was measurable as to location and momentum, there only being a Great Void

Reality existed as a State of Nothingness. The only thing in existence was the Cosmic Egg.

Existence being such that the only thing in existence was an omniscient state of of Fractal Singularity
Wayne92587

Post by Wayne92587 »

Danellender;
. How can a singularity as described, a mathematical "0" come to have a fractal structure?
The Whole is filled with an untold number, quantity, of Singularities having no relative, numerical value, having a numerical value of Zero-0.

The Theory as to the creation of the Reality of Everything is represented by the equation; 0/1

From Chapter One-1 of Tao Te Ching.

As Singularity of Zero-0 issues forth from the Darkness it is given a second name, even though the two are the same, issue forth from a Single Source.

The First being Zero-0, which due to a bump in the night, being bumped, attained the numerical value of One-1.

The nature of the Motion of a singularity of Zero-0 being such that it is meaningless, has no angular momentum, is not measurable at velocity of speed and direction.

A Singularity of One-1 havimg been bumped remains the same except for the fact that there is a difference in the nature of its motion from that of a Singularity of Zero-0; a singularity of One-1 having been displaced, attains angular momentum, becomes measurable as to location and momentum within that which has evolved into Space-Time.
Wayne92587

Post by Wayne92587 »

The Fractal State of the Fully Random State of Singularity.

A Fractal is a small part of a Whole, the fraction of a whole number.

A Fractal; is any part of a whole that is smaller than the whole itself.

The whole existing in a Fractal State of Singularity, as a Fractal Field, prior to the beginning of the Creation of the Creative Process, existing as the Transcendental (Metaphysical) fully Random Quantum State of Singularity, consisting of an unspoken of Number, Quantity, of Infinitely Finite Indivisible Singularities, having not relative numerical, value, having a numerical value of Zero-0.
Wayne92587

Post by Wayne92587 »

The motion of a fractal Singularity of Zero-0 is meaningless, is not readily apparent, has no angular momentum, no velocity of speed and direction. is not measurable as to location and momentum in Space-Time.

A motion of a Singularity of One-1 has meaning because it is readily apparent, has a relative, numerical, value, because it has angular momentum, the velocity of speed and direction is measurable as to location an momentum in Space-Time.

A singularity of Zero-0 and a Singularity of One-1, these two are the same, issue forth from the same source, themselves being the same yet differ in name as the second of the two issues forth from out of the Darkness, the Nothingness of a Great Void.

The First SIngularity of Zero-0 to be magically Transfigured, converted, reborn, a Singularity of One-1, being the Reality of First Cause, the direct cause of a system of Chaos that has made Manifest Reality of the Heavens and the Earth, the Universe, the Reality of Everything that exists in the material sense of the Word.

Ye, Amen, Ra, it so.

Three TImes Great Hermes Trismegistus.
Keeper of the Holy Grail, Lord of the Ring----->0

Return to “Epistemology and Metaphysics”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream