The March Philosophy Book of the Month is Final Notice by Van Fleisher. Discuss Final Notice now.

The April Philosophy Book of the Month is The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight. Discuss The Unbound Soul Now

The May Philosophy Book of the Month is Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler.

Conciousness as the definition of existence

Discuss any topics related to metaphysics (the philosophical study of the principles of reality) or epistemology (the philosophical study of knowledge) in this forum.
Tamminen

Re: Conciousness as the definition of existence

Post by Tamminen » January 15th, 2019, 9:23 am

Felix wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 6:07 pm
What exactly is Sarte's definition of "Being"? That is key to understanding his perspective.
I think Being and Nothingness is a short introduction to some preliminary considerations about what Being might possibly mean for Sartre :) A fascinating book all the same.

detail

Re: Conciousness as the definition of existence

Post by detail » June 1st, 2019, 3:23 pm

Perhaps one should define beeing conscious as well for myself as well beeing a concious beeing for other conscious people. This could have a reaffirmative philosphical effect. As well for the moral (can be just defined via a society) and the metaphysical aspect this could be by far more
rewarding. By the way if one would define this via epistemic logic this could lead to a more sophisticated modelling , for other participators know
me as a conscious beeing. Thus respresenting then an information in a common knowlege sense of a group of individuals.