Collective Soul applied to Pan-Psychism

Discuss any topics related to metaphysics (the philosophical study of the principles of reality) or epistemology (the philosophical study of knowledge) in this forum.
Papus79

Re: Collective Soul applied to Pan-Psychism

Post by Papus79 »

Wdk7 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 12:52 am I don't see how your example is evident of an entity that is derived from a collective conscious. It seems to me that it can be explained by individuals with similar thought processes reacting the same because they follow the same/ similar train's of thought.
A core component of anyone talking about panpsychism or a Collective Soul is discussing the bindings of consciousness. If we're able to say that in our own bodies we feel like we're in our own heads and are (physiologically) one being which is a superset of trillions of cells, if we're willing to admit that life forms lower on the complexity scale experience consciousness, we're also admitting that we're collective structures which (thinking of a point Sam Harris made in Waking Up) there could be all sorts of compartments and other entities within us where our experience and theirs is mutually exclusive. We do experience contact with other parts of ourselves as such which tend to be the generator functions for our thoughts but we never see them directly.

Since we're examining consciousness and it's potentials, especially as it doesn't seem like it's getting explained well at present, we're looking at other possible connections and capabilities it might have which, if testable, could help us understand what it is and what sort of place it has in the universe. To that extent the trick in a thread like this isn't to avoid speculation and stick to convention, it's to listen to convention but then triage which speculations might better fit an alternate theory.

There's also all sorts of human experience that gets thrown in the discard pile because we don't know what to do with it, or it seems religious in nature, and there are all sorts of reasons why this happens - from looking at it for a while I'd deem most of them political expedience and needs for social order such as a consensus reality that keeps us from compound factioning into tribal warfare. Reductive materialism has held that promise as an imperial belief system, the concern is that if it has holes in it (and the world may be every bit as steady as it would claim - it's just past it's sell-by date and needs amendment), then we are at risk of society unraveling along various lines - postmodernism and critical theory sweeping in is a great example of even the edifice of science being under attack.
Humbly watching Youtube in Universe 25. - Me
Papus79

Post by Papus79 »

Greta wrote: July 17th, 2020, 12:16 am Well, these entities have their own interests and concerns. Their emotions are made up of the collective responses of its constituents. Say, for instance, a financial crash is beginning, at this point the entire "organism" (aka investment bank networks) will become excited at the prospect of the upcoming feeding frenzy. Its activity will increase as it positions itself to gather the "easy prey" aka sick and dying businesses.
Got it.

There's a term Daniel Schmachtenberger often breaks out on the topic of organizations, bureaucracies, and especially multipolar traps and arms races, and it's the term 'autopoiesis', meaning that it's self-writing, self-maintaining, self-regulating, etc.. To that extent almost any group with a mission statement will seek to grow, and part of the problem with this when you have something like a task force or particularly a bureaucracy geared toward a specific problem, the existence of that bureaucracy is tethered to and predicated on the existence of that problem. It's not to say that the organization won't or can't improve the problem but it enters a rather strange relationship where it needs to defeat and subjugate the problem but if it actually eradicates the problem it additionally eradicates itself.

This is part of where I think Donald Hoffman's idea of higher-level contracts makes this easier to think about and I also consider so much of what 19th century French esotericists were talking about, along with Mark Stavish's recent survey of the topic in his book 'Egregores', and I find looking at the esoteric community particularly useful because they've been running these experiments for centuries without obeying the no-go parameters and have come away with their own sets of observations that seem to coherently match certain theories of consciousness, and this is part of why I'm as bullish as I am on functionalism with multiple realizability - it seems to corroborate across a lot of parameters including psychedelic experiences.
Papus79

Post by Papus79 »

Gee wrote: July 17th, 2020, 2:15 am I started underlining your references to divinity/religion above, but there were too many. I don't want to talk about religion in this thread -- there is a forum for that. But I do recognize that religions have their own theories of consciousness, which they tend to call God, so what I do is put "God" in quotes and expect people to simply interpret that word in whatever way satisfies them. Sort of a generic "God".
That might be why I avoid the word 'soul'. I think almost any directly religious language falls into the trap of 'Aha! This is just pre-scientific (inferior) belief trying to reassert itself in the world again, and the proof that you're thinking pre-scientifically is that you're using pre-scientific/religious language!'. If some of that content actually turns out to be true, such as dying, having your consciousness survive, having different 'stages' of yourself separate off like fuel tanks on a NASA rocket, the well is too thoroughly poisoned now to even consider such things just on the basis of how the culture war between science and religious/mysticism has been framed. My biggest complaint about my time in AMORC (I won't make these claims about BOTA because they didn't do this) is that they made wild claims but then they wanted you to try experiments that there was no way you'd be able to accomplish - as a given if it's all BS and almost as a given if some reincarnational process which can take lifetimes is required to have gone on hundreds of cycles for you to so much as get out of your body and peak around or be able to do any sort of energy healing with other people. That's the kind of thing that bothers me, ie. if anyone's going to try moving the cultural needle in any direction, if we assume for a second that such things are possibly there in the cultural discard heap for either culture war reasons or lack of industrial applicability, ease of fraud, etc. then pursuing such things only makes sense if it's grasped from the bottom and taken in the most painfully boring and incremental steps - meaning if you've got a basic energy exercies you're practicing and it seems to be going nowhere then do it for years, and one might not even need to join an order to do that (which is probably part of the trap that has them running people at a 'one size fits all' speed that's too much for most people).
Gee wrote: July 17th, 2020, 2:15 amThe closest that I can come to the word "soul" would be the word "mind", and collective is self explanatory. So the collective soul would be much like the superego, but it is also a collection of all other species and it appears to be accumulative, so it would be a collective of all unconscious experience from all life that has existed on this planet -- or Mother Nature.
So a couple of things on that - a) it doesn't have a personality that we could recognize as a pesonality, 2) there seem to be 'agents' for the lack of a better word running around and communicating down the stack of consciousness in various ways - and they seem like they're stretched thin in numbers, ie. the behavior seems more like dots of polytheism in an otherwise sleeping or comatose giant.

Gee wrote: July 17th, 2020, 2:15 amBut it is "God". Think about it, your unconscious "listens to your prayers", "is actively conscious of your hopes, dreams, pains, trials, etc.", and "is watching you constantly". Because of the unconscious, you are always connected to other life and never alone. The unconscious is reactive because it is all about emotion, which means that it is also about beliefs -- so don't throw out your beliefs -- I think they are important. Also consider that complete isolation can kill you. I suspect that a disconnect from the collective communal unconscious is dangerous.
So we might agree on various angles of this but disagree on our angles of approach.

A good way of explaining my take on this - trees are both alive and real. They're also neither benevolent nor evil, it's not part of how they operate or what they do. If someone finds themselves getting attacked, stabbed, or getting mauled by a bear under a tree and they for some unknown reason decide to appeal to the tree for help that tree can help them by continuing to photosynthesize, draw up water and nutrients through its roots, metabolize CO2 and release oxygen (at least during the day - it does a bit of the opposite at night), and if that person dies in this situation that same root system can draw up nutrients from the blood of the slain person below.

It goes in line with something I've heard mentioned before (an author I was just mentioning to Greta), that nature - to the degree that it's conscious - loves all things equally. It loves every person, if they get lost in the woods and either starve to death or get mauled by a bear nature equally loves the maggots that are rending that person's carcass.

I think the only sort of collective unconscious I could get on board with is one that has the priority of dynamic equilibrium and, like we see when we talk about viruses and any other form of life, 'getting as far into the future as possible' as its core values and to that end the occult adage fails when it's said that 'nature is so careful of the species, so careless with the individual - until it comes to humans', no it's just as careless with the individual here as well.
Gee wrote: July 17th, 2020, 2:15 amThere is nothing "alien" about the unconscious, and it is not some super-sentience that controls us. You are not going to find any facts that support those ideas.
Would it sound like fatal backtracking or goal-post shifting for me to say 'if such a thing exists it's x' rather than 'it's x'?

I've already described above - human happiness and flourishing is orthogonal at best to nature's goals. To then suggest the possibility that there is something discursively and self-reflectively aware that's running the show, which then also both blocks us from turning our faces back toward it and forces our extroversion, and perpetual fitness wars throughout our lives, as the conditions of the lights being on, that would be an egoic/superegoic mind that has it's own priorities and those priorities may range anywhere from slightly to completely asymmetric/orthogonal to our own.

This is where I consider myself somewhat agnostic between animism, animism with embeded dots of polytheism, and animism with embedded dots of polytheism which has a panentheistic superstructure - similar in flavor to what Kabbalah/Qabalah tries to suggest. We were talking about people's NDE's earlier, most people's NDE's go in Neoplatonist/Panentheistic directions and many people encounter something that seems like an incredibly bright white star that accounts for the conscious superset of all things looking back on them and overwhelming them with unconditional love.

That last piece, ie. the panentheistic element of NDE's, is what made me pause for thought when Adrian Nielson brought up what he thought the behavior of a supersentient AI might be, and it made me wonder if Elon Musk's take that we're living in a virual world might not be quite as 'watched too much Matrix' as I would have thought. In all likelihood though if such a thing is real there's no direct reason to believe that we're in some sort of human-made ancestor simulation though. Such a thing could have been built by species nothing like us, it could just as readily be the result of some other type of consciousness getting birthed in - lets just say the 'totality of all things existent' because the 'universe' we speak of is said to be a 3-sphere with a 4th time dimension, pseudo-Riemannian manifold, etc. and it gets confusing to say 'in the infinity of space' when we live in what seems to be a closed system. Such a thing could have come up in any number of ways and quite likely such a thing as an infinitely-expanding consciousness could have just as easily come up as the result of a completely different set of physics that didn't constrain consciousness to bodies that get born, live, decay (or blow up in cancer if the telomeres are too long), and die.

That's where I don't think conscious panentheism is necessarily a crazy idea, just that I'd assert - if it is there - that said 'mind at large' has completely different priorities, and its priorities would match *its* fitness landscape, not ours, because it shares none of our constraints and where there are no common constraints there's no empathy in the way we're used to thinking of it.
Gee wrote: July 17th, 2020, 2:15 amThe rest of your thoughts seem to be centered on the goal or purpose of the collective soul (unconscious). That is all speculation. There is only one goal that is fact in regard to the unconscious and that is that it must continue.
This whole thread is speculation. The whole point is to dig through it and see what makes sense.
Gee wrote: July 17th, 2020, 2:15 am It is not a metaphor.
I think I put this best to Greta earlier - if we're talking about the cultural layer, and the idea is attached that only brains and neurons are conscious, then it's a metaphor. If we're talking about something like functionalism, panpsychism, or some other manner of looking at it where that network itself is autonomously conscious or self aware in the Thomas Nagel where 'there's something it's like to be' that network, then it's more than a metaphor. Any space between those two we'd probably have to parse very carefully because I've seen a lot of places on this site where people are able to pull things far enough into abstraction that anything goes or it's a matter of just holding one's ground and not admitting when an idea has been parsed into components or has been found to be secondary or emergent rather than primary.

I'm not saying that I think that's where you're headed, I don't, but the danger of having a speculative conversation on anything like panpsychism, collective consciousness, etc. is that already - as a given - we're only talking about it because we're obsessively biting our fingernails, terrified of death, and we so badly want anything other than reductive materialism to be true (because we're just not strong enough to handle 'the truth') that we'll believe absolutely anything. This is part of why I really don't want to see threads on this topic get lost in abstraction, ie. there is genuinely something to discuss and we actually have to fight an uphill battle for our right to have this conversation in public because it's assumed that this is blatant dishonesty, fear of death, refusal to accept 'Science', etc. and any topic like this gets treated that way summarily in most places as if it's already been proven to be true.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Papus79 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 8:28 am
Greta wrote: July 17th, 2020, 12:16 am Well, these entities have their own interests and concerns. Their emotions are made up of the collective responses of its constituents. Say, for instance, a financial crash is beginning, at this point the entire "organism" (aka investment bank networks) will become excited at the prospect of the upcoming feeding frenzy. Its activity will increase as it positions itself to gather the "easy prey" aka sick and dying businesses.
Got it.

There's a term Daniel Schmachtenberger often breaks out on the topic of organizations, bureaucracies, and especially multipolar traps and arms races, and it's the term 'autopoiesis', meaning that it's self-writing, self-maintaining, self-regulating, etc.. To that extent almost any group with a mission statement will seek to grow, and part of the problem with this when you have something like a task force or particularly a bureaucracy geared toward a specific problem, the existence of that bureaucracy is tethered to and predicated on the existence of that problem. It's not to say that the organization won't or can't improve the problem but it enters a rather strange relationship where it needs to defeat and subjugate the problem but if it actually eradicates the problem it additionally eradicates itself.

This is part of where I think Donald Hoffman's idea of higher-level contracts makes this easier to think about and I also consider so much of what 19th century French esotericists were talking about, along with Mark Stavish's recent survey of the topic in his book 'Egregores', and I find looking at the esoteric community particularly useful because they've been running these experiments for centuries without obeying the no-go parameters and have come away with their own sets of observations that seem to coherently match certain theories of consciousness, and this is part of why I'm as bullish as I am on functionalism with multiple realizability - it seems to corroborate across a lot of parameters including psychedelic experiences.
Remember, there was a time when the highest intelligence on Earth was autopoietic. It took a very long time for glial cells and associated structures to organise to the point where sensing became mental and emotional.

The evolution of multi-human/technological structures is moving much more quickly. Watch this space.
Wdk7

Post by Wdk7 »

Greta wrote: July 17th, 2020, 6:53 am
Wdk7 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 12:52 am

I don't see how your example is evident of an entity that is derived from a collective conscious. It seems to me that it can be explained by individuals with similar thought processes reacting the same because they follow the same/ similar train's of thought.
Why do they follow similar trains of thought?
I'd say it's due to similar nature and environments that led them to developing similar brain structures.
Wdk7

Post by Wdk7 »

Papus79 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 8:18 am
Wdk7 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 12:52 am I don't see how your example is evident of an entity that is derived from a collective conscious. It seems to me that it can be explained by individuals with similar thought processes reacting the same because they follow the same/ similar train's of thought.
A core component of anyone talking about panpsychism or a Collective Soul is discussing the bindings of consciousness. If we're able to say that in our own bodies we feel like we're in our own heads and are (physiologically) one being which is a superset of trillions of cells, if we're willing to admit that life forms lower on the complexity scale experience consciousness, we're also admitting that we're collective structures which (thinking of a point Sam Harris made in Waking Up) there could be all sorts of compartments and other entities within us where our experience and theirs is mutually exclusive. We do experience contact with other parts of ourselves as such which tend to be the generator functions for our thoughts but we never see them directly.

Since we're examining consciousness and it's potentials, especially as it doesn't seem like it's getting explained well at present, we're looking at other possible connections and capabilities it might have which, if testable, could help us understand what it is and what sort of place it has in the universe. To that extent the trick in a thread like this isn't to avoid speculation and stick to convention, it's to listen to convention but then triage which speculations might better fit an alternate theory.

There's also all sorts of human experience that gets thrown in the discard pile because we don't know what to do with it, or it seems religious in nature, and there are all sorts of reasons why this happens - from looking at it for a while I'd deem most of them political expedience and needs for social order such as a consensus reality that keeps us from compound factioning into tribal warfare. Reductive materialism has held that promise as an imperial belief system, the concern is that if it has holes in it (and the world may be every bit as steady as it would claim - it's just past it's sell-by date and needs amendment), then we are at risk of society unraveling along various lines - postmodernism and critical theory sweeping in is a great example of even the edifice of science being under attack.
I think I understand what your saying, and what I was attempting to do was offer another explanation for Greta's previous example. I was not trying to suggest that pan-psychisim is wrong or impossible.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Wdk7 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 6:02 pm
Greta wrote: July 17th, 2020, 6:53 am
Why do they follow similar trains of thought?
I'd say it's due to similar nature and environments that led them to developing similar brain structures.
And who or what creates those environments?
Wdk7

Post by Wdk7 »

Greta wrote: July 17th, 2020, 11:27 pm
Wdk7 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 6:02 pm

Natural acurances.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Wdk7 wrote: July 18th, 2020, 2:59 pm
Greta wrote: July 17th, 2020, 11:27 pm
Natural acurances.
Minds are natural occurrences.
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member
Favorite Philosopher: Cratylus

Post by Pattern-chaser »

Gee wrote: July 14th, 2020, 6:56 pmHave you considered that a collective consciousness would be us? It would be the collective consciousness of all humans.
Papus79 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 9:43 pm That's a metaphor, and a metaphor without substance is just a phrase or a thought in the same way that a square-circle is.
Greta wrote: July 16th, 2020, 12:24 am Collective consciousness is not a metaphor. It's a reasonable proposition.
Pattern-chaser wrote: July 16th, 2020, 11:53 am A metaphor is just a way of understanding something by comparing it with other things we already understand. A metaphor cannot have substance, I don't think.

Collective consciousness is an intriguing concept that might well exist, Sheldrakian though it may be (not to mention Jungian). But I don't think it is "us", I think it's a collective perspective on human consciousness, as opposed to any individual human consciousness. But not only a perspective. All IMO, of course. 😉
Sorry, that's rubbish. It's not a perspective at all. I was talking through my, er.... ☺

But here's a link to an article I just found. It's not about the collective (un)consciousness, but it is about how our brains synchronise, under certain circumstances, which seemed apposite.
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
Papus79

Post by Papus79 »

I had a thread about music where I tried to put forward some of my ideas on it. A couple different levels on which I think about it:

1) If it's not lyrically didactic (manually directing your attention) it behaves as a prism which frames a state, and you can fish-out the intention of that prism by the sweet-spots and resonances you find over multiple listens and which 'places' you listen to it from hit the strongest.

2) It's the closest thing you have to dead-lifting emotional or existential experience and putting it in the brain of another.

3) One of the things I can't help but notice in places of sublime beauty (like my visit to Moraine Lake in Banff last year), or famous cathedrals like Notre Dame, is that we have this sort of resonant relationship with certain kinds of mathematics. What's fascinating to me is that this relationship doesn't have an exact 1-to-1 relationship with biological fitness, it seems to do more with turning keys in how consciousness itself operates. One could say that peak experiences delivered by pilgrimage, by psychedelic experience, by extreme sports, and also by music, share this in that they dial in directly to something of core meaning and when I say 'meaning' that's in relation to consciousness and how it relates with itself.

There's increasingly an open question in this thread, not asked expressly yet so far as I can see but it's baked into some of what we're haggling - ie. can one take 'seeing' another conscious agent, 'listening' to something they're doing or saying (perhaps even watching a conversation, discussion panel, or seminar), and say that these communication conduits / channels themselves constitute the existence of a group mind?

I have a specific answer to that, and it's me falling back on functionalism with multiple realizability (same drum I've been pounding for a while) that yes, one could look at it that way *if* there's something that it's like to be that network in the Thomas Nagel 'what its like to be a bat' sense. Functionalism with multiple realizability gives you that, just that we either wouldn't see that egregore (I still think that's the best term for its history), it would experience us the way we experience our body parts, and it would have the goal most forms of consciousness do which is reifying its relationships back to itself and ultimately seeing to its own survival. Other things you would get out of this: 1) Occasional mystical experiences where people come by information that they had no way of knowing (extended information ecology), 2) Human tribes would take on almost 'psychic' self-organizing behavior, 3) Subconscious group irrationality would make sense in the context that there's something like a technically super-human but, at least in terms of content, sub-human or 'id'-driven entity seeing after its own survival.

Someone else whose been making interesting noises about alternate ways to look at reality, and I need to listen to him more to unpack his thinking, is Charles Einsenstein. I've gotten the idea that he shares a bit of thinking with Gordon White in that he's something of a post-modernist animist who believes in the project of decolonizing our understanding of myth, of ritual, of what consciousness is and how it works in the world. There's a lot here but, partly by the success of industrial processes and partly due to guilt by association with anything non-materialist being mapped to Christianity and getting torpedoed all in one go, this view lost the Darwinian fitness race for something much more pragmatic and ruthless - which tends to be how history quite often works.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Pattern-chaser wrote: July 19th, 2020, 12:03 pm
Gee wrote: July 14th, 2020, 6:56 pmHave you considered that a collective consciousness would be us? It would be the collective consciousness of all humans.
Papus79 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 9:43 pm That's a metaphor, and a metaphor without substance is just a phrase or a thought in the same way that a square-circle is.
Greta wrote: July 16th, 2020, 12:24 am Collective consciousness is not a metaphor. It's a reasonable proposition.
Pattern-chaser wrote: July 16th, 2020, 11:53 am A metaphor is just a way of understanding something by comparing it with other things we already understand. A metaphor cannot have substance, I don't think.

Collective consciousness is an intriguing concept that might well exist, Sheldrakian though it may be (not to mention Jungian). But I don't think it is "us", I think it's a collective perspective on human consciousness, as opposed to any individual human consciousness. But not only a perspective. All IMO, of course. 😉
Sorry, that's rubbish. It's not a perspective at all. I was talking through my, er.... ☺

But here's a link to an article I just found. It's not about the collective (un)consciousness, but it is about how our brains synchronise, under certain circumstances, which seemed apposite.
What is the collective un/consciousness if not the synchronisation of groups?

What is consciousness but the synchronisation of smaller sense & response agents?
The_architect

Post by The_architect »

The collective consciousness is all-consuming. Of all things, animal and human or living things with at least one sense of nature. Animals and ourselves have the five physiological senses: sight, sound, taste, touch and smell. The collectiveness of us are the five senses that create our reality. We see alike, hear alike, etc. and we can look/hear the same things simultaneously. Our individual interpretation of what the five senses bring to our reality is unimportant. That would then be including an intellect/mind, separating us from animals.

If you imagine us, and animals, without the five senses what would be our reality? It would be darkness, silence and no taste, touch or smell. I call it our alter-reality akin to floating within water; not its surface but underneath the surface. As in the womb we all are born in and the womb is a part of that alter-reality where birthing is the transition between the two realities. Without our physical senses, what is left? Consciousness, emotion and, to some, the soul or spirit. Under the rule of this dual reality, it is while in this reality we are individuals. However, in the alter-reality we are more connected within this body of water. There is only one emotion be it contentment, peace, what have you. There is both a collective and individual consciousness: the collective is the exact same sense of Nothing (the opposite of Everything in this reality) and the singular entity we each are through our DNA (which is not thoughts but a kind of gathering of knowledge rather than bestowing it). The souls/spirits are collective in that each one is unique (through DNA) but a piece of a greater whole.
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member

Post by Pattern-chaser »

Greta wrote: July 19th, 2020, 6:05 pm
Pattern-chaser wrote: July 19th, 2020, 12:03 pm Here's a link to an article I just found. It's not about the collective (un)consciousness, but it is about how our brains synchronise, under certain circumstances, which seemed apposite.
What is the collective un/consciousness if not the synchronisation of groups?

What is consciousness but the synchronisation of smaller sense & response agents?
I think connection - connection that allows mutual communication - is a necessary feature of the collective (un)conscious, but I don't think it is sufficient. In this topic, I assume we're taking the (speculative) existence of a collective consciousness as given. But it's a thing. A network that would/could allow communication is not sufficient of itself, I don't think, to create a thing. This thing is surely an emergent consequence of the communication network, no?
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member

Post by Pattern-chaser »

Papus79 wrote: July 19th, 2020, 12:44 pm Can one take 'seeing' another conscious agent, 'listening' to something they're doing or saying (perhaps even watching a conversation, discussion panel, or seminar), and say that these communication conduits / channels themselves constitute the existence of a group mind?
The channels themselves cannot be ("constitute") a group mind, I don't think. The group mind must be more than a network of psychic wiring. I think we're talking about emergent phenomena here. 🤔🤔🤔

Link.
Link.
Consciousness
For some experts, the mind is the ultimate exemplar of emergence. Your brain contains several billion neurons that perform a very simple function: relaying electrical messages across synapses to their neighbors. It's a physical action, yet out of their collective firings somehow arises a psychological phenomenon—the conscious mind. Can consciousness be reduced to the interactions of neurons? Experts have no way of knowing, because the brain is orders of magnitude more complex than any computer today, making answering that question at present difficult if not impossible.
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"

Return to “Epistemology and Metaphysics”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream