Time and Memory

Discuss any topics related to metaphysics (the philosophical study of the principles of reality) or epistemology (the philosophical study of knowledge) in this forum.
The Beast

Time and Memory

Post by The Beast »

Hi.
The argument put to reason by Kant and others over the nature of humanity is here one of Psychology.
“Everything that thinks, possesses the attribute of absolute and permanent unity, which is utterly different from the transitory unity of material phenomena and the counter-preposition is: "The soul is not an immaterial unity, and its nature is transitory, like that of phenomena “
Everything that thinks has ideas. The idea of Time is a learned one and to the main argument above some say it exist and some others it does not. I think of Time as memory of change. It is innate. In another way we are born with memory and our perception of Time relates to memory. If a human is born with a five-minute short term memory span and no long-term memory, experts will catalog this human as a handicap Human in an institution. It will be hard to prove Reason and Intelligence. Yet, the DNA is there to catalog the individual as Human. I cannot stop change but, I could direct change so the equivalent of: “Everything that thinks possesses…” is Everything that thinks has Power; To me it is the existent force whether I grab/possess it or not and, in any case an unknown quantity to my senses. My Human DNA does this. It also tests all possible venues playing the Universal checker game. I am a human being and inside me there is a vast space composed of cells and emptiness. Inside the cells there a vast space composed of atoms and emptiness. Inside the atoms there is a vast space composed of particles and emptiness. The space moves with my power. The Space is part of a bigger Space to an absolute and permanent unity. Are there any dogmatic reasons to the contrary?
LuckyR

Re: Time and Memory

Post by LuckyR »

The Beast wrote: March 18th, 2021, 12:56 pm Hi.
The argument put to reason by Kant and others over the nature of humanity is here one of Psychology.
“Everything that thinks, possesses the attribute of absolute and permanent unity, which is utterly different from the transitory unity of material phenomena and the counter-preposition is: "The soul is not an immaterial unity, and its nature is transitory, like that of phenomena “
Everything that thinks has ideas. The idea of Time is a learned one and to the main argument above some say it exist and some others it does not. I think of Time as memory of change. It is innate. In another way we are born with memory and our perception of Time relates to memory. If a human is born with a five-minute short term memory span and no long-term memory, experts will catalog this human as a handicap Human in an institution. It will be hard to prove Reason and Intelligence. Yet, the DNA is there to catalog the individual as Human. I cannot stop change but, I could direct change so the equivalent of: “Everything that thinks possesses…” is Everything that thinks has Power; To me it is the existent force whether I grab/possess it or not and, in any case an unknown quantity to my senses. My Human DNA does this. It also tests all possible venues playing the Universal checker game. I am a human being and inside me there is a vast space composed of cells and emptiness. Inside the cells there a vast space composed of atoms and emptiness. Inside the atoms there is a vast space composed of particles and emptiness. The space moves with my power. The Space is part of a bigger Space to an absolute and permanent unity. Are there any dogmatic reasons to the contrary?
So what do you think makes one: human? Is being human important or merely a genetic cataloging?
"As usual... it depends."
The Beast

Post by The Beast »

I have the power to catalog. It makes me Human. Wrong or right, I catalog. because I think. Human is a fluid DNA. Mostly, it is a decision to be human and to meet the standards of accreditation by the accrediting Human Board of which all of us are part of with our daily living. Inhuman might be a quality of Human. It is not separate from Human. It is a decision against the standard human living conditions. Since it is a decision, this which is inhuman might become the standard accreditation of Human if so, adopted by the Board. I am using the Power to be Human or Inhuman or more Human if such a thing. But we all try to measure ourselves against others and other thinking species…we have a Human ID. However, writing a standard Ethics or Ethnic book might not be in the horizon.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

The Beast wrote: March 18th, 2021, 4:14 pm I have the power to catalog. It makes me Human. Wrong or right, I catalog. because I think. Human is a fluid DNA. Mostly, it is a decision to be human and to meet the standards of accreditation by the accrediting Human Board of which all of us are part of with our daily living. Inhuman might be a quality of Human. It is not separate from Human. It is a decision against the standard human living conditions. Since it is a decision, this which is inhuman might become the standard accreditation of Human if so, adopted by the Board. I am using the Power to be Human or Inhuman or more Human if such a thing. But we all try to measure ourselves against others and other thinking species…we have a Human ID. However, writing a standard Ethics or Ethnic book might not be in the horizon.
Sorry, maybe it's just me, but I didn't catch that. Is being human important?
The Beast

Post by The Beast »

Hello!. A ship on the horizon… was the start of some of my favorite books as a child. Whenever I had questions, I would turn to one of the fictional characters. Why is it important to be human? My mother stopping what she was doing would look down on me- What? Do you want to be a pirate now? –“It is best to be a good human”. Anyway, I always wondered how it must feel to be a werewolf since I started reading History. I even wrote a bunch of questions. The first question is: Why is it important to be a werewolf? The second was: What is a good werewolf?
Sculptor1

Post by Sculptor1 »

No Pardon ME
I did not catch that either.

none of it.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

The Beast, I've probably asked you this before but I'll ask it again: Do you ever read your posts back to yourself and try to imagine how they might sound to a person who can't see inside your head?
Sculptor1

Post by Sculptor1 »

Steve3007 wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 11:35 am The Beast, I've probably asked you this before but I'll ask it again: Do you ever read your posts back to yourself and try to imagine how they might sound to a person who can't see inside your head?
:lol:
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Steve3007 wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 11:35 am The Beast, I've probably asked you this before but I'll ask it again: Do you ever read your posts back to yourself and try to imagine how they might sound to a person who can't see inside your head?
What? You can't see inside heads? I thought this was the See Inside Heads Forum.
Burning ghost

Post by Burning ghost »

Time is certainly an ‘item’ we’ve named as part of human life. Naming gives it power, and it coming into existence as a ‘measured’ item makes us bow to it ... perhaps unnecessarily so?

Pretty much everything we don’t see we don’t see because it is all too common a habit - a ‘memory’ so ingrained (dna/environment) that we wish not see it.

One thing that defines us as ‘Human’ is our ability to ‘manage time’ and shape how we perceive time. Civilisation is the repercussion of ‘human made time’.
AKA badgerjelly
The Beast

Post by The Beast »

Worthy. I am human. I do make mistakes. The psychological meaning of the soul is different from the philosophical meaning. Some would even go as far as banning the meaning of the soul or to separate the meaning of the soul from the meaning of life.
The Beast

Post by The Beast »

“This which is does not come into being”
The understanding of humanity is realized as a ritualistic process. The seasons and the changes of what it is said and what the answer is. The ritual of being a human is to seek Reason and Reason’s purpose is to find truth. The ritualistic process does not stray away from the understanding of being. The absence of Ritual seeks destruction of Reason. Therefore, the better the ritual the better the understanding of being. Say I. "this which is does not come into being"
The Beast

Post by The Beast »

who is Being?
This which is the identity of a human being is the soul.
The soul gives form and organizes reality. The dynamic flow and order of a human being comes from the soul. In the words of Parmenides: “Being and thought are the same”. To be a human is to have consciousness. The dynamic flow which gives form might be good or bad as thought has it. Science and Ethics is what thought uses to rule the form.
Is there a genesis? In the words of Homer: “ But may you all become water and earth” because after the dissolution of the body what remains is their truth. However, How do we think of soul and spirit for the definitions of immaterial or abstract do not serve the reality of mass? Even all forms of energy carry a particle the same as light carry the photon and quantum energy. The Hermetic tradition/thought speaks of an egg impregnated by the Divine Spirit. Unscientific as it is, the egg is brought to perfection as thought has perfection in a description of the Ensouled Egg. Here, Orpheus speaks of the orderly arrangement the same as Science speaks of DNA.
As Orpheus thought has it the Egg rests on the boundless Aion.
Still, in the principle of light and darkness (energy) the form of pure spirit is brought forth as being a third form… and described by as ”the delicate scent of unguent or of incense…the fragrance of the Spirit” and here “ the fragrance of the Spirit together with the Light (energy) was sown and was distributed” and it happened in the movement of the water tides.
As Apion has it: Aion (Time) is the circle of Infinitude and Eternity illuminated by the Logos. In a scientific structure we describe the Universe as the circle (imperfect) illuminated by light. For Plato (Timeus) Aion is Eternity not Time and the image of Time is what humans have…”The Platonic doctrine was to divide simplicity into an infinitude of multiplicity, later the term Aion came to be used no longer for a transcendent unity but as the connotation of a grade of Being”. If anything just like DNA.

Return to “Epistemology and Metaphysics”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream