Is a Metaphysics of 'Inner Space' a Rational and Coherent Possibility?

Discuss any topics related to metaphysics (the philosophical study of the principles of reality) or epistemology (the philosophical study of knowledge) in this forum.
JackDaydream

Re: Is a Metaphysics of 'Inner Space' a Rational and Coherent Possibility?

Post by JackDaydream »

@stevie

I am afraid that I do not follow what you are trying to say in your post above and many others which you write. I don't know whether such posts make sense to others and how much is related to your writing or my understanding. Philosophy may not be helped by taking 'speculation' as if it were fact. But, if nothing else it can involve clarity as a basis for approaching ideas. In that respect, the positivists and Wittgenstein made an important point with reference to the way in which language is at the centre of philosophy.

With reference to the mind, because this thread is focused upon the idea of inner space, neuroscience is extremely important, but even in that context, it still involves models of seeing. This is dependent on understanding as developed by the use of language, which is central to the experience and understanding of consciousness.
stevie

Post by stevie »

JackDaydream wrote: February 14th, 2022, 9:12 am @ stevie

I am afraid that I do not follow what you are trying to say in your post above and many others which you write.
To respond let me quote Pattern chaser:
OK. 😂
mankind ... must act and reason and believe; though they are not able, by their most diligent enquiry, to satisfy themselves concerning the foundation of these operations, or to remove the objections, which may be raised against them [Hume]
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member
Favorite Philosopher: Cratylus

Post by Pattern-chaser »

stevie wrote: February 14th, 2022, 8:32 am
JackDaydream wrote: February 14th, 2022, 8:12 am stevie

I am wondering what you mean by your comment, 'I will show you in another life when we two will be working in a scientific project, you are a learner and I as a master.' I am waiting to see what you have to teach @Pattern--chaser, and to me, the speculating daydreamer...
You should not wonder about that. Because if you do you haven't got the thrust of my verbal expression.

In contrast Pattern-chaser's response is at least ambiguous: he may have gotten the thrust or not:
Pattern-chaser wrote: February 12th, 2022, 8:27 am OK. 😂
"Not", I suspect. I confess I was laughing at your suggestion. You have a very high opinion of yourself, if your offer is not a joke, and it doesn't look like one. 🤔
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
JackDaydream

Post by JackDaydream »

@Pattern-chaser

I try to keep a sense of humour. My own sense of my importance varies greatly, as I have many wobbly days in 'inner space'. If anything, when interacting on this site holding on to a sense humour may be essential because otherwise it may become a mind bomb. I think that I will go to bed and meditate to some heavy metal...
JackDaydream

Post by JackDaydream »

@Pattern-chaser

Having replied to you, I am not sure if the post which I replied to was written to me or @stevie. That is where it gets so surreal at times in interaction on the site.Even though we are tuned into the 'groupmind' of the forum, the interpretation of it involves going into the private world of inner space as a 'reality'. The inner exploration and experience of anything and everything comes down to this, even if there is an intersubjective part which involves meaningful communication with other minds.
The Beast

Post by The Beast »

IMO lifeforce is extrinsic to the carbon web. It is also my understanding that the carbon web uses this force in search of an objective. The carbon web evolves in its many forms but IMO the lifeforce does not. It remains pristine. It could be that lifeforce is the 4D and 3D objects tap into it. In a predatory sense all matter taps into the 4D by Universal mechanisms. If there is a 4D I can only speculate from my 3D reality and what we think is life might be something else.
JackDaydream

Post by JackDaydream »

The Beast wrote: February 21st, 2022, 11:50 am IMO lifeforce is extrinsic to the carbon web. It is also my understanding that the carbon web uses this force in search of an objective. The carbon web evolves in its many forms but IMO the lifeforce does not. It remains pristine. It could be that lifeforce is the 4D and 3D objects tap into it. In a predatory sense all matter taps into the 4D by Universal mechanisms. If there is a 4D I can only speculate from my 3D reality and what we think is life might be something else.
I am afraid that I don't understand what you mean by the 'carbon web'. Is it basic to matter? I guess that I am speaking about non physical dimensions because I am not a materialist. I am not an idealist. Perhaps, both the physical and other dimensions emerge from a higher dimension altogether.
The Beast

Post by The Beast »

The phenomenology of transference. Symbolic modeling and metaphors. A carbon web might be a human being among other carbon webs. We could represent the 4D as what is beyond a door or a cave and in our symbolic example it is a representation of a galaxy in the x-ray spectrum. The mind has unknown mechanisms to cross into the dimension by riding the thought in the x-ray wavelength and by the process of transference crossing the galaxy and reaching the 4D. This communication might be two way and cause the recital of omens and of future events. Plato was the first to ban all forms of poetry as unscientific and might had taught the first scientific method since he was the teacher of Aristotle. However, Parmenides allowed it and so do I. For a programmer the carbon web is a chip the lifeforce has the program and the statue is an object.
A Form of Justice is another. Not a definition but an embodiment. A Greek statue coming to life. Anyway, I am saying of the process of thought and of powerful words opening the gates of the mind to make what is there visible. A collection of symbols is in the language of Jung the door to the collective consciousness. I got a picture from a far, far away place. I am there. Circle it. In the antithesis, it could be a mature organization of factual knowledge; a generational stack of physicists; libraries of the embodiment of science. Plato should be proud. Do you mind a scarecrow so near and painfully close to nowhere? Do stretch, eat well and stay away from the metaphors. They are full of dangers and a sign of madness otherwise have fun with the little scarab. There is a word for such an old symbol… if you care for you might gave it all and not be a keeper. The synthesis or the statue might be small due to the magnitude of the uncontrollable energy. However, I might be proper if I consider the inner space as an extra dimension and individual inner spaces as numbers in it with no one to one relation among them if the lifeforce is pristine and that consciousness, inner space and lifeforce have descriptions.
JackDaydream

Post by JackDaydream »

The Beast wrote: February 23rd, 2022, 11:46 am The phenomenology of transference. Symbolic modeling and metaphors. A carbon web might be a human being among other carbon webs. We could represent the 4D as what is beyond a door or a cave and in our symbolic example it is a representation of a galaxy in the x-ray spectrum. The mind has unknown mechanisms to cross into the dimension by riding the thought in the x-ray wavelength and by the process of transference crossing the galaxy and reaching the 4D. This communication might be two way and cause the recital of omens and of future events. Plato was the first to ban all forms of poetry as unscientific and might had taught the first scientific method since he was the teacher of Aristotle. However, Parmenides allowed it and so do I. For a programmer the carbon web is a chip the lifeforce has the program and the statue is an object.
A Form of Justice is another. Not a definition but an embodiment. A Greek statue coming to life. Anyway, I am saying of the process of thought and of powerful words opening the gates of the mind to make what is there visible. A collection of symbols is in the language of Jung the door to the collective consciousness. I got a picture from a far, far away place. I am there. Circle it. In the antithesis, it could be a mature organization of factual knowledge; a generational stack of physicists; libraries of the embodiment of science. Plato should be proud. Do you mind a scarecrow so near and painfully close to nowhere? Do stretch, eat well and stay away from the metaphors. They are full of dangers and a sign of madness otherwise have fun with the little scarab. There is a word for such an old symbol… if you care for you might gave it all and not be a keeper. The synthesis or the statue might be small due to the magnitude of the uncontrollable energy. However, I might be proper if I consider the inner space as an extra dimension and individual inner spaces as numbers in it with no one to one relation among them if the lifeforce is pristine and that consciousness, inner space and lifeforce have descriptions.

I didn't know that Plato banned all forms of poetry on the basis of it being unscientific. Are you able to say where you came across this?

Jung's idea of the collective unconscious and symbols is important in relation to 'inner space' or reality. It does interrelate to Plato's theory of forms, in the idea of archetypes in the human mind. I am aware that many people think that there is no basis for belief in the collective unconscious or archetypes but it may be that it is hard to demonstrate it in terms of the evidence which is prominent in psychology, especially neuroscience. However, the evidence for it may be more straightforward than that, in the form of human experiences, including the language of dreams.
JackDaydream

Post by JackDaydream »

I would also add that the work of Joseph Campbell on mythology is also important because he looks at the way in which there are themes in symbolism and how this connects to human life. He sees human beings as being involved in symbolic dramas, which involves the connection between outer experience and the inner processes, in human meaning, with particular attention to the dimension of symbolic or mythic dimensions.
The Beast

Post by The Beast »

Plato was interested in a set of rules and the making of a just Society. He did not have any use for metaphors in his idea of Justice. The precepts had to be understood. This way language is fundamental as Justice depends on it.
Grossly and from a logical point of view, I might construct a TOE in the tenth dimension. In the Standard version it might be represented by a Calabi-Yau manifold. This is all part of the vacuum foam that stretches across the spacetime and it was present at the beginning of the Universe. Here, we could create a form named Justice. This Form might be accessible by the Universal fields which govern evolution. Therefore, we control evolution by manipulating the manifold.
JackDaydream

Post by JackDaydream »

The Beast wrote: February 27th, 2022, 10:24 am Plato was interested in a set of rules and the making of a just Society. He did not have any use for metaphors in his idea of Justice. The precepts had to be understood. This way language is fundamental as Justice depends on it.
Grossly and from a logical point of view, I might construct a TOE in the tenth dimension. In the Standard version it might be represented by a Calabi-Yau manifold. This is all part of the vacuum foam that stretches across the spacetime and it was present at the beginning of the Universe. Here, we could create a form named Justice. This Form might be accessible by the Universal fields which govern evolution. Therefore, we control evolution by manipulating the manifold.
The connection between the the Forms described by Plato or the archetypes of Jung may be apparent in the quantum physics of David Bohm. He speaks of the way in which there is an implicate order enfolded beyond the explicate order of the physical world.

The underlying implications of such theories do point to the possibilities of evolution of consciousness. Often, people assume that everything which happens has its basis in the physical world. Of course, we live in 3D reality, but it may be that the invisible dimensions play a central role too, even though many, especially those who adopt a materialist or realist philosophy believe that the dimensions beyond the physical do not exist and that the realm of consciousness and ideas is like some kind of add on feature to the physical world.
JackDaydream

Post by JackDaydream »

Since writing my post to you I am wondering how you see the connection between the mind and the body because, in many ways, the issue of dimensions does come down to how the separation of mind and matter is viewed. There has been a tension between idealism and materialism but someone who is a Buddhist told me how in some Buddhist thinking there is believed to be a level beyond mind and matter itself. Of course, it is hard to know of this in an ultimate way because it is not possible for humans to get outside of mind and matter. However, it is fairly plausible that there are dimensions beyond those known to human beings, just like there may be universes apart from ours in remote distances of space and time, which are beyond the spectrum of our possible knowledge and the limitations of our knowledge. This may include embodiment or even a different kind of bodies altogether to ones known or experienced by humans and the animal kingdom.
JackDaydream

Post by JackDaydream »

I will back up what I am saying about possibilities beyond the known dimensions with reference to how Huston Smith sees space itself as a symbolic reality. He states,
'the symbolism of space removes what would otherwise be an insuperable obstacle to the concept of a hierarchical reality. Its higher levels are not literally elsewhere; they are removed only in the sense of being inaccessible to ordinary consciousness_ invisible, for one thing. In this respect the multiple states of being resemble multiple dimensions more than they do multiple levels. If space has indeed a forth dimension- we are not referring to time_ that dimension is not elsewhere; it intersects the three dimensions we see, albeit invisibly'. The imagery of dimensions has the further advantage of underscoring the ontological differences at issue. Distance can render things invisible and this the imagery of levels allows, but something that is invisible while being right under our nose, not because it is covered or microscopic but because we lack the kind of sense receptors that could connect with it...'

Of course, I am aware that this is abstract, allowing for such metaphysics alluded to by Plato and Kant. Jung himself, in relation to the idea of 'God', drew upon Kant's argument about the limitations of the human mind in terms of knowledge. This applies to dimensions and many may find it pointless to talk about what cannot be perceived but, on the other hand, it may be a mistake to presume that human perception can ever grasp a full picture of reality.
The Beast

Post by The Beast »

The anatomy of the basal ganglia makes me believe in virtual photons. I look at my hand and I have a picture of my hand in my consciousness. The object hand is represented by a virtual image. I can manipulate the virtual image and control the fingers. Any feeling or any sensation has a corresponding virtual counterpart. Words are also virtual images…and numbers too. Whether neutrinos or quantum foam, the interaction happening in dreaming or thinking follows a difference path. My TOE is a fundamental energy arising from the spacetime using the fields to connect with the tiers of virtual particles. This energy uses the resources of evolution and the space grows with inflation (momentum stress tensor). Another way. Consciousness moves in the spacetime continuum in touch with the virtual particles produced by the mind. Memories are also made of virtual particles. Human sperm is 50 micrometers in length. This is within the Planck scale. IMO life begins soon after. Can the quantum foam have memories? What if all the inner spaces are connected by the fields?

Return to “Epistemology and Metaphysics”

2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
by Howard Wolk
July 2024

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side
by Thomas Richard Spradlin
June 2024

Neither Safe Nor Effective

Neither Safe Nor Effective
by Dr. Colleen Huber
May 2024

Now or Never

Now or Never
by Mary Wasche
April 2024

Meditations

Meditations
by Marcus Aurelius
March 2024

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

The In-Between: Life in the Micro

The In-Between: Life in the Micro
by Christian Espinosa
January 2024

2023 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream