Is It Unethical for Your Business Partner to Start Same Type Business In Competition w Yours?

Discuss morality and ethics in this message board.
Featured Article: Philosophical Analysis of Abortion, The Right to Life, and Murder
evolution

Re: Is It Unethical for Your Business Partner to Start Same Type Business In Competition w Yours?

Post by evolution »

Terrapin Station wrote: May 13th, 2020, 7:08 am
evolution wrote: May 13th, 2020, 1:45 am

Both assumptions are absolutely completely wrong.
You didn't pick up on the sarcasm?

Why, when I point out that you were wrong what you said then supposedly becomes so called "sarcasm".

Anyway, so how are you acquiring food, shelter, etc. without needing to use money?
You are still looking from, and thus only seeing, an extremely very narrowed view of things here.

How one person acquires food has absolutely nothing at all to do with what I actually said, and meant.
Terrapin Station
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell and WVO Quine

Re: Is It Unethical for Your Business Partner to Start Same Type Business In Competition w Yours?

Post by Terrapin Station »

evolution wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:10 am
Terrapin Station wrote: May 13th, 2020, 7:08 am

You didn't pick up on the sarcasm?

Why, when I point out that you were wrong what you said then supposedly becomes so called "sarcasm".

Anyway, so how are you acquiring food, shelter, etc. without needing to use money?
You are still looking from, and thus only seeing, an extremely very narrowed view of things here.

How one person acquires food has absolutely nothing at all to do with what I actually said, and meant.
I commented that money is required for food, shelter, etc. I'm talking about how people acquire food, shelter, etc. Individuals must do this. It's how they stay alive, how they stay healthy, etc.

You wrote "Lol. If you think or believe money is required for food, shelter, ET cetera, then you have an extremely narrowed and short sighted view of things."

So I guess now that you're saying you do require money for food, shelter and so on? Who were you thinking of in commenting that money isn't required for this stuff?
evolution

Post by evolution »

Terrapin Station wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:42 am
evolution wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:10 am

I commented that money is required for food, shelter, etc. I'm talking about how people acquire food, shelter, etc. Individuals must do this. It's how they stay alive, how they stay healthy, etc.
LOL more. You are appearing actually completely CLOSED now, rather than just having an extremely narrow view of things.
Terrapin Station wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:42 am You wrote "Lol. If you think or believe money is required for food, shelter, ET cetera, then you have an extremely narrowed and short sighted view of things."
Yes that is what I wrote.
Terrapin Station wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:42 am So I guess now that you're saying you do require money for food, shelter and so on?
NO I AM NOT SAYING THIS AT ALL. If I did, then this would be an absolute LIE.

When you STOP guessing what I am saying, and meaning, and instead ask clarifying questions instead, then you will discover, and thus KNOW, the actual real Truth of things here.

If fact when people STOP assuming and/or believing any thing, then they are OPEN to discovering and/or learning thee actual Truth of ALL things.
Terrapin Station wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:42 am Who were you thinking of in commenting that money isn't required for this stuff?
There it is FINALLY; a clarifying question.

Human beings.

Who did you think I was thinking of?
Terrapin Station

evolution wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:50 am
Terrapin Station wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:42 am

LOL more. You are appearing actually completely CLOSED now, rather than just having an extremely narrow view of things.
Terrapin Station wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:42 am You wrote "Lol. If you think or believe money is required for food, shelter, ET cetera, then you have an extremely narrowed and short sighted view of things."
Terrapin Station wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:42 am So I guess now that you're saying you do require money for food, shelter and so on?

When you STOP guessing what I am saying, and meaning, and instead ask clarifying questions instead, then you will discover, and thus KNOW, the actual real Truth of things here.

If fact when people STOP assuming and/or believing any thing, then they are OPEN to discovering and/or learning thee actual Truth of ALL things.
Terrapin Station wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:42 am Who were you thinking of in commenting that money isn't required for this stuff?

Human beings.

I'm only interested in this: how are you figuring that anyone doesn't require money for food, shelter, etc.? I'm not bothering with anything else in this conversation.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Terrapin Station wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:58 am
evolution wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:50 am

Human beings.

I'm only interested in this: how are you figuring that anyone doesn't require money for food, shelter, etc.? I'm not bothering with anything else in this conversation.
Well you can change the discussion any way you like, (you do have a huge tendency for doing this) but, if you are not going to discuss what I actually put forward, then you are on your own here.
Terrapin Station

evolution wrote: May 14th, 2020, 7:52 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:58 am

Well you can change the discussion any way you like, (you do have a huge tendency for doing this) but, if you are not going to discuss what I actually put forward, then you are on your own here.
So would you say that money isn't required for food, shelter, and the like?
Jing or Jang

Post by Jing or Jang »

obxexile wrote: May 9th, 2020, 11:26 pmIs It Unethical for Your Business Partner to Start Same Type Business In Competition w Yours?
No.
obxexile wrote: May 9th, 2020, 11:26 pm..... I started a small business, approached a friend to do some design work, he wanted to be a partner...then he took things we created together for my business, which he was a partner in, and started his own business, of the very same type, using nearly everything we created together for my business, including my designs, business plan, marketing, sales channels, etc, slapped his label on it ..... Is It Unethical
Yes. Perhaps even criminal.
obxexile wrote: May 9th, 2020, 11:26 pm .... and went into business against me, while still partners w me. ....
And you haven't severed your "partnership"?
evolution

Post by evolution »

Terrapin Station wrote: May 15th, 2020, 9:52 am
evolution wrote: May 14th, 2020, 7:52 pm

What I say is; We, human beings, do not need money to live.
Terrapin Station

evolution wrote: May 16th, 2020, 7:30 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: May 15th, 2020, 9:52 am

Are you talking hypothetically or are you claiming that this is the case re how things happen to be at the moment?
evolution

Post by evolution »

Terrapin Station wrote: May 17th, 2020, 8:39 am
evolution wrote: May 16th, 2020, 7:30 pm

Are you talking hypothetically or are you claiming that this is the case re how things happen to be at the moment?
What I am claiming is thee actual Truth of things, which is; Human beings do not need money to live.

Are you able to grasp and comprehend this fact?
Terrapin Station

evolution wrote: May 17th, 2020, 11:24 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: May 17th, 2020, 8:39 am

What I am claiming is thee actual Truth of things, which is; Human beings do not need money to live.

You're not answering the question I'm asking you.

There's a difference between what's the case at the moment and what's hypothetically the case, right?

For example, at the moment, I'm sitting in a particular, relatively smallish apartment building that was built in the 1800s. Hypothetically, this building could be torn down and something much different could be put in its place. Those two things are not the same.

So I'm asking you whether you're speaking hypothetically or re what's the case right this moment.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Terrapin Station wrote: May 18th, 2020, 9:59 am
evolution wrote: May 17th, 2020, 11:24 pm

You're not answering the question I'm asking you.
And I do not have to answer the question that you are asking me. This is because it has NOTHING to do with what I was talking about.
Terrapin Station wrote: May 18th, 2020, 9:59 am There's a difference between what's the case at the moment and what's hypothetically the case, right?
What is your purpose of using the word 'hypothetically' here? To me, using that word is just an attempt to distort what I first brought up.

Now, we either stick with what I actually said, and meant, and discuss that, or if you want to bring some other thing into the discussion, then I will decide if I want to discuss that or not. I have said that; Human beings do not need money to live. So, either you agree with this, you disagree with it, or you do not yet comprehend and understand this.

If you agree, then end of story.

If you disagree, then challenge it.

If you do not yet comprehend or understand it, then ask some clarifying questions. But, be reminded that if you ask questions in specific ways that I do not yet comprehend nor understand, then I will ask you some clarifying questions also. Do you understand how this process works? Are you familiar with this process?
Terrapin Station wrote: May 18th, 2020, 9:59 am For example, at the moment, I'm sitting in a particular, relatively smallish apartment building that was built in the 1800s. Hypothetically, this building could be torn down and something much different could be put in its place. Those two things are not the same.
Okay. But so what? Human beings do not need money to live.
Terrapin Station wrote: May 18th, 2020, 9:59 am So I'm asking you whether you're speaking hypothetically or re what's the case right this moment.
I am speaking factually. The fact that human beings do not need money to live does not change from moment to moment.

There is only one actual Truth. Thee actual Truth, including thee actual Truth that human beings do not need money to live, does not change from moment to moment. Unless, of course, this is shown, and thus proven, otherwise.

When one has a narrowed or short-sighted field of view of things, then they do not get to discover and see the actual Truth of things, which is being evidenced here by the way you are looking at what I am saying, pointing out, and meaning.
Terrapin Station

evolution wrote: May 18th, 2020, 6:41 pm When one has a narrowed or short-sighted field of view of things, then they do not get to discover and see the actual Truth of things, which is being evidenced here by the way you are looking at what I am saying, pointing out, and meaning.
Sure, so explain how at the moment, we'd all have shelter without having money.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Terrapin Station wrote: May 18th, 2020, 6:51 pm
evolution wrote: May 18th, 2020, 6:41 pm When one has a narrowed or short-sighted field of view of things, then they do not get to discover and see the actual Truth of things, which is being evidenced here by the way you are looking at what I am saying, pointing out, and meaning.
This is just more evidence of a very narrowed and/or short sighted field of view. When you use the word 'moment', then how long or how far does this extend for?

If it was noticed I am talking about human beings, and is how long their existence extends for the same as how long your "moment" extends for? If no, then I prefer remaining looking at and discussing what I have actually said, and meant, and not discuss some very narrowed perspective of things.

Thee actual Truth of things is not found nor seen in nor from narrowed nor distorted perceptions.
Terrapin Station

evolution wrote: May 18th, 2020, 10:59 pm
Terrapin Station wrote: May 18th, 2020, 6:51 pm

This is just more evidence of a very narrowed and/or short sighted field of view. When you use the word 'moment', then how long or how far does this extend for?

If it was noticed I am talking about human beings, and is how long their existence extends for the same as how long your "moment" extends for? If no, then I prefer remaining looking at and discussing what I have actually said, and meant, and not discuss some very narrowed perspective of things.

Thee actual Truth of things is not found nor seen in nor from narrowed nor distorted perceptions.
"At the moment" = "The present" = "Right now." Relative to human experience, that doesn't normally last more than a second or so. Even five seconds from now is the future, not "at the moment."

Return to “Ethics and Morality”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream