To all the vegans who get their covid 19 vaccines

Discuss morality and ethics in this message board.
Featured Article: Philosophical Analysis of Abortion, The Right to Life, and Murder
Empiricist-Bruno
Favorite Philosopher: Berkeley

Re: To all the vegans who get their covid 19 vaccines

Post by Empiricist-Bruno »

CIN wrote: July 16th, 2021, 9:55 am

Because in the opinion of the lawmakers, more good will be served by testing on animals than by not doing so. It is actually impossible to work out whether this is true or false, because to do so, you would need work out total net happiness across all sentient beings for the rest of time resulting from the two different courses of action. The sensible and practical thing to do is to try to create other ways of testing drugs that do not require testing on animals, and there are organisations that work towards that, such as the Humane Research Trust and FRAME.

..... What is true is that our society, by industrialising the abuse of animals, has got the balance between human and animal interests badly wrong. If you really want to help the animals, you should spend (...)more time helping organisations that are working towards a better deal for non-human animals.
I am no longer deluded by any organization that pretend to work for a better deal for animals, after years of involvement in such organizations. Even though I would as a true vegan want to be associated with organizations that seek a better deal for animals, none of them are vegan and all of them work by taking advantage of animal issues instead of by helping them.

Look at Peta, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals: they support the non-vegan use of the COVID-19 Vaccine. They even give you a rationalization for their support of that non-vegan vaccine, certifying them as a non-vegan organization, a fraud. The reason that nearly all organizations for animals have gone the fake road, is that they are tied to capitalism and right now capitalism is dictating the way, so everyone but the true vegans follows. True vegans don't need capitalistic organizations to move forward with their advocacy for animals and they are the only true anti-capitalist people on earth, and we need to take this occasion to speak up with our own voices louder than ever before. True veganism is the answer. Start today and save lives.
Watch out for the hidden paradoxes around you!
Sculptor1

Post by Sculptor1 »

AverageBozo wrote: July 14th, 2021, 2:50 pm
LuckyR wrote: July 14th, 2021, 12:44 am
The CDC here has documented that 99.2% of Covid deaths now that the vaccine is widely available, are among the unvaccinated. What's your guy's experience?
Does this mean that one political faction will be affected more than any other?

Will it result in fewer voters from the affected political persuasion?
Whilst it is likely that the Trumpers are less likley to get vaccinated, and thus slightly more likley to die they shall not be dying is sufficient numbers to reduce the vote to the Trump campaign.
And whatever credit is deserved to the Democratic party for pulling the US out of the **** by thrownng thier weight behind the vaccination programme there is no doubt that Trump will take credit for saving America.
Trump Biden Divide
Trump Biden Divide
image_2021-07-17_233041.png (9.59 KiB) Viewed 1725 times
No amount of evidence is likely to convince Trumpers.
image_2021-07-17_233344.png
image_2021-07-17_233344.png (9.59 KiB) Viewed 1725 times
Trump Biden Divide
Trump Biden Divide
image_2021-07-17_233041.png (9.59 KiB) Viewed 1725 times
Last edited by Sculptor1 on July 17th, 2021, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Sculptor1 wrote: July 17th, 2021, 5:48 am
LuckyR wrote: July 17th, 2021, 3:51 am
Sculptor1 wrote: July 16th, 2021, 4:58 am
LuckyR wrote: July 16th, 2021, 1:37 am

Well, you're right... in a 100% vaccinated country. The 99.2% of deaths are unvaccinated stat was compiled in the US where only 48% of folks have been fully vaccinated. That's why the stat is such a bid deal.
Thanks. But I can only repeat my request for you to cite the number you gave.
Dude, the news broke on June 24th. Pick any English-speaking newspaper on that date and they will have covered it.
My name is not "Dude", and unless you can cite the number it is pretty meaningless to use the media. They never report facts properly and this looks like one of two things. EIther they have not reported it correctly or you have misheard it.
FOr the reasons I gave, more people dying of COVID are now vaccinated. You seem to have misquoted, or misunderstood.
Scott will not let my cite.
But I can quote;
"More vaccinated people are dying of COVID than unvaccinated people, according to a recent report from Public Health England (PHE). The report shows that 163 of the 257 people (63.4%) who died of the delta variant within 28 days of a positive COVID test between February 1 and June 21,..."
Sure, happy to help out as you are clearly very busy.

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/ ... able-data/

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... 54f5d5e187

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... vaccinated

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... d-of-covid

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcev ... d7fc6a493d

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/07/04 ... virus-mask

Seems like the CDC, Dr Fauci and I disagree with you.
"As usual... it depends."
Sculptor1

Post by Sculptor1 »

LuckyR wrote: July 18th, 2021, 1:32 am
Sculptor1 wrote: July 17th, 2021, 5:48 am
LuckyR wrote: July 17th, 2021, 3:51 am
Sculptor1 wrote: July 16th, 2021, 4:58 am

Thanks. But I can only repeat my request for you to cite the number you gave.
Dude, the news broke on June 24th. Pick any English-speaking newspaper on that date and they will have covered it.
My name is not "Dude", and unless you can cite the number it is pretty meaningless to use the media. They never report facts properly and this looks like one of two things. EIther they have not reported it correctly or you have misheard it.
FOr the reasons I gave, more people dying of COVID are now vaccinated. You seem to have misquoted, or misunderstood.
Scott will not let my cite.
But I can quote;
"More vaccinated people are dying of COVID than unvaccinated people, according to a recent report from Public Health England (PHE). The report shows that 163 of the 257 people (63.4%) who died of the delta variant within 28 days of a positive COVID test between February 1 and June 21,..."
Sure, happy to help out as you are clearly very busy.

Seems like the CDC, Dr Fauci and I disagree with you.
Well let's hope that soon there will be more vaccinated people dying. :D
BTW Fauci does not disagree with me. My figures are sound but from the UK
Empiricist-Bruno

Let's get the world population to about 50% vegans. At that level, we certainly can have further lockdowns that politicians seem to hate so much. And along with that, the reason why we could not achieve herd immunity or stop the virus could no longer remain hidden from/by the media and establishment. As it gets to be known that you need to stop unnecessary animal cruelty in order to have vegans take the vaccine, the evil politicians would want to move quickly to change the laws to facilitate vaccine production of a new COVID-19 vaccine that is entirely vegan. Evil scientists who argue for the necessity of having animal tested products would be run over quickly and I finally could get vegan protection from the disease.

All currently vaccinated subject may jump off a high bridge right now due to feeling bad, regretful and remorseful about using a shameful product of cruelty to defend themselves. As hordes of remorseful people take the jump, the media would notice and discover that the dying rate of vaccinated people is greater than that of their unvaccinated countrrparts. So, even if you have been vaccinated, you can still help the animals. Just make sure to leave a note behind you explaining why you jump. Just kidding here. Be safe and care for no one else but yourself and those like you.

The mass media has done a good job at hiding the true cause and source of the pandemic while attempting to pretend that they have done their work on that point: You can't say it's a Chinese virus anymore because the media has made it politically incorrect to call it that way. So, you now can't tell where the virus is from. How are going to know more about it if you don't know/ don't care where it's from? That question does not get answered because the answer is that science has the knowledge of where the virus comes from but this truth is not profitable to capitalists and other government establishment and so investigations in that regards must be made to fail. We, the public, must not be hammered daily with evidence that meat consumption is unethical and unhealthy. Instead, we have to be constantly reminded that the animal tested vaccine is very effective. Mass media will work hard on that message and obscure the fact that people's support for animal cruelty such as animal testing, is why we have this diease in the first place.

I am ashamed of most of the people populating the world around me right now. A large portion of the people on earth have their independent thinking and reasoning capacity missing. It is plain scary to me. We do live in scary times and it isn't because of the COVID-19 disease, it's because generally people's mind are clearly lacking something critical. Who is to blame for that? Teachers? The media? Billionaires? Politicians? Doctors? Police? A mix of the above? We need a commission to find out. We need to drain the swamp.
Protagoras

Post by Protagoras »

Empiricist-Bruno wrote: July 18th, 2021, 12:28 pm Let's get the world population to about 50% vegans. At that level, we certainly can have further lockdowns that politicians seem to hate so much. And along with that, the reason why we could not achieve herd immunity or stop the virus could no longer remain hidden from/by the media and establishment. As it gets to be known that you need to stop unnecessary animal cruelty in order to have vegans take the vaccine, the evil politicians would want to move quickly to change the laws to facilitate vaccine production of a new COVID-19 vaccine that is entirely vegan. Evil scientists who argue for the necessity of having animal tested products would be run over quickly and I finally could get vegan protection from the disease.

All currently vaccinated subject may jump off a high bridge right now due to feeling bad, regretful and remorseful about using a shameful product of cruelty to defend themselves. As hordes of remorseful people take the jump, the media would notice and discover that the dying rate of vaccinated people is greater than that of their unvaccinated countrrparts. So, even if you have been vaccinated, you can still help the animals. Just make sure to leave a note behind you explaining why you jump. Just kidding here. Be safe and care for no one else but yourself and those like you.

The mass media has done a good job at hiding the true cause and source of the pandemic while attempting to pretend that they have done their work on that point: You can't say it's a Chinese virus anymore because the media has made it politically incorrect to call it that way. So, you now can't tell where the virus is from. How are going to know more about it if you don't know/ don't care where it's from? That question does not get answered because the answer is that science has the knowledge of where the virus comes from but this truth is not profitable to capitalists and other government establishment and so investigations in that regards must be made to fail. We, the public, must not be hammered daily with evidence that meat consumption is unethical and unhealthy. Instead, we have to be constantly reminded that the animal tested vaccine is very effective. Mass media will work hard on that message and obscure the fact that people's support for animal cruelty such as animal testing, is why we have this diease in the first place.

I am ashamed of most of the people populating the world around me right now. A large portion of the people on earth have their independent thinking and reasoning capacity missing. It is plain scary to me. We do live in scary times and it isn't because of the COVID-19 disease, it's because generally people's mind are clearly lacking something critical. Who is to blame for that? Teachers? The media? Billionaires? Politicians? Doctors? Police? A mix of the above? We need a commission to find out. We need to drain the swamp.
You really think your above post is from independent thinking???

This is serious dogmatism and moral crusading here. And it comes from paranoia and insecurity not clear thinking.

I don't approve of animal testing or cruelty to animals in general.
But you seem to think you can paint any non vegan people as deficient.
Newsflash,many animals are cruel heartless pests and predators.

Newsflash 2,its perfectly natural and required to eat meat and use animal products. And you ranting about it ain't gonna change anything,but will expose your comical and nasty thought paranoia.

Have a burger on me.
AverageBozo

Post by AverageBozo »

How is it that the vaccinated are dying at a greater rate than the unvaccinated, Sculp? Anyone?
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

AverageBozo wrote: July 19th, 2021, 11:22 am How is it that the vaccinated are dying at a greater rate than the unvaccinated, Sculp? Anyone?
What is your source material?
AverageBozo

Post by AverageBozo »

LuckyR wrote: July 21st, 2021, 12:47 am
AverageBozo wrote: July 19th, 2021, 11:22 am How is it that the vaccinated are dying at a greater rate than the unvaccinated, Sculp? Anyone?
i.e. Sculptor’s source material
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

AverageBozo wrote: July 21st, 2021, 9:15 am
LuckyR wrote: July 21st, 2021, 12:47 am
i.e. Sculptor’s source material
I get it. I too am baffled as it makes no sense on it's face and flies against experience where I live.
Empiricist-Bruno

As the pressure mounts on me to get the Covid-19 vaccine, I am thinking that maybe there is a solution that I hadn't thought about that should be considered. I mean, if some vaccinated person tells me that he/she will adopt a vegan diet if I get the vaccine, it would be tempting for me to agree as the ultimate goal of veganism is to save animals and not being perfect.

But many people who try to go vegan don't stick their whole life to that diet. So if 5 people were to tell me they would make a great effort to try and adopt the vegan diet for at least several years starting right away if I get my COVID-19 vaccine, I would certainly consider getting it.

But no one it would seem cares about their community that much, to the point of changing their own diet to ensure everyone is safe, including the true vegan. That just goes to show the hypocrisy of those who would accuse me and other true vegans of not caring about their community.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Empiricist-Bruno wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 2:25 pm As the pressure mounts on me to get the Covid-19 vaccine, I am thinking that maybe there is a solution that I hadn't thought about that should be considered. I mean, if some vaccinated person tells me that he/she will adopt a vegan diet if I get the vaccine, it would be tempting for me to agree as the ultimate goal of veganism is to save animals and not being perfect.

But many people who try to go vegan don't stick their whole life to that diet. So if 5 people were to tell me they would make a great effort to try and adopt the vegan diet for at least several years starting right away if I get my COVID-19 vaccine, I would certainly consider getting it.

But no one it would seem cares about their community that much, to the point of changing their own diet to ensure everyone is safe, including the true vegan. That just goes to show the hypocrisy of those who would accuse me and other true vegans of not caring about their community.
I wouldn't fret about it too much. Just pay your health insurance premiums. I assume you are young and in good health. There is a possibility that you already had Covid (without realizing it) and are as immune as a vaccinated person. There is a possibility that you will never get Covid even if you are vulnerable. There is the highest statistical probability that you will actually get Covid but not need to be hospitalized. Of course you could die from it too and depending on your age that risk can be calculated, but it is clearly a minority risk.
Sculptor1

Post by Sculptor1 »

Some Vegans don't think that COVID is serious.
image_2021-07-23_115952.png
Empiricist-Bruno

Sculptor1 wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 6:59 am Some Vegans don't think that COVID is serious.
You know what I think is serious? I think that thinking wrongly is serious, and I think that insinuating that stupidity may be prevalent among vegans is evidence of wrong thinking.

I feel that anyone with healthy thinking skills reading this comic strip would feel sorry for the author, for this display of wrong thinking, not on the part of the sheep but behind the apparent desire to ridicule vegans.

But you need not too feel too sorry about the author for creating this because it holds a certain amount of barely hidden hatred for vegans and feeling sorry for those who hate others due to their own flawed thinking is not something that I am fond of.

I would also advise not to attempt to show the author of this strip what is wrong with his/her thinking because it's not a good idea to reward evil art with much attention. Bump over it and keep going.
Sculptor1

Post by Sculptor1 »

Empiricist-Bruno wrote: July 24th, 2021, 6:57 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 6:59 am Some Vegans don't think that COVID is serious.
You know what I think is serious? I think that thinking wrongly is serious, and I think that insinuating that stupidity may be prevalent among vegans is evidence of wrong thinking.
The image is about humour

I feel that anyone with healthy thinking skills reading this comic strip would feel sorry for the author, for this display of wrong thinking, not on the part of the sheep but behind the apparent desire to ridicule vegans.
I think that anyone "with healthy thinking skills reading this comic strip" would find it funny, because it is designed to be so.

But you need not too feel too sorry about the author for creating this because it holds a certain amount of barely hidden hatred for vegans and feeling sorry for those who hate others due to their own flawed thinking is not something that I am fond of.
I've never met the author of the cartoon so would not be in a position to make such sweeping statements

I would also advise not to attempt to show the author of this strip what is wrong with his/her thinking because it's not a good idea to reward evil art with much attention. Bump over it and keep going.
Why not do that then, rather than get upset over nothing?

Return to “Ethics and Morality”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream