Love-Making VS. Sex

Discuss morality and ethics in this message board.
Featured Article: Philosophical Analysis of Abortion, The Right to Life, and Murder
Sherizzle

Post by Sherizzle »

Marabod wrote:Sheri, the real threat here is that it is alleged, that there is somewhere (unsure where exactly) this omni**** God-thing, which loves us all (and what is important - me included) in a way that there is no chance to refuse this love anyhow. As a female you must understand - there is a bush somewhere on your way, where Chester-the-molester is sitting and loving you no matter what... be it even a burning bush. This is the picture I am being presented in this conversation.

Chester the molester is a good analogy, for this discussion. Because it's a love you can't pass on, 'or else.'

I don't find this deity a representative of love,but a purveyor of what love isn't.

Conditions are a 'love killer' it's as simple as that.
Marabod
Banned

Post by Marabod »

ape wrote:
Marabod wrote: Lets leave the Beatles aside, I am more impressed by your readiness to edit the Biblical texts! I met people who follow the Bible literally, read about those who were removing some parts from it, but you be the first who actually adds to it! The word of Ape over the word of God! Once Caesar Tiberius met a provincial teacher, who was proud of himself to be so learned and literate that he was editing the poems of Homer, making them to sound more pleasantly. Tiberius experienced a shock and ordered to whip the wretch to death for him mutilating the great poet...
Let's always include the Beatles especially when they sing All We Need is Love! :)

And only be impressed with Love for words and their oppositenemies! :idea:

Then when someone says or writes any scripture in other words, you wd know that they are saying it or writing it in their own words---which are still God's words! :idea: :)

Listen to 'Fly Me To The Moon' and pay attention to the words In Other Words! Enjoy the waterfalls! :)

Here is God writing in Love through Habakkuk:
Habakkuk 1:
5Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvelously: for I will work a work in your days which ye will not believe, though it be told you.

Here is the same thing written in Love in different other words by God through Paul:
Acts 13:
40 Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets;

41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

So feel free to write any Bible verse in YOUR OWN words in other words at any time! That would be God speaking through you! :idea:
Just be careful not to add any Hate to any word or subtract any Love for any word or its enemy-opposite! :idea:

Can you now see what these verses always meant:

Revelation 22:
18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

By the way, Shakespeare or Colerdige or Shelley or Blake or etc or me would and could have easily convinced Tiberius to whip up more Love rather than whip that teacher! :idea: :)
Sir, Lord Caesar Tiberius, Sir!
All this teacher, have mercy on him, was doing was what your dear mom and dad, God bless every mention of their beloved names, did when they added just 3 letters to the sound of the name Tiber, that great beloved river Tiber, the 3rd longest in your Empire, and made you in to Tiber-ius, the greatest Caesar of all time, Sir, Lord Caesar, Sir, with a better sounding name, Caesar Tiberius, which the teacher, that Teacher of Love for all, loves just the same as Tiber! He knows that like that River Tiber flows blessings to all those who benefit from its living waters, so too, Sir, Lord Caesar Tiberius, out of the river of the flower of the loving heart of Caesar Tiberius will flow even greater blessings to all near and far!
Tiberius:
Whip Love up in every heart!
Planned whipping of teacher cancelled!
I hereby promote this teacher to the positions of Poet Laureate & Teacher Laureate of the Empire for life. Effective statim!
And you gentelmen, Davius, Willius, Samuelius, Percius, Billius, etc and apius, I declare you as of now, the most senior advisors of my Administration for life!
And I hereby issue this decree:
Let every person in my Empire love themselves as all words and their opposites so we can hear all men speak in Love and thus in their own words the words of all other men!
:lol:
Now if we could only find that decree! It has to be somewhere in the records of the Roman Empire! :

Thanks! :)
At your love to the biblical quotes, I am surprised you have overlooked that it says Lord God does not want people to understand each other's words - hence does not want them to express love to each other! This is in Genesis, in the story of tower of Babel. Lord God mixed the languages of the people, building it, specially for them to misunderstand each other! And this is given that there were much simpler and more reliable means to abort the erection of it, specially due to the construction site being located in a seismic zone. I understand you are rebelling against Lord God with your Love Story, and only my Atheism allows me to talk to you without experiencing a major fear of post-mortal punishment for liaising with a godless heretic :lol:
ape

Post by ape »

What you mean to say is that God does not want people to understand each other's words in Hate of themselves as misunderstanders nor in Hate of being misunderstooders, but that he wants us to love each other as understood and as misunderstood and hence does want us to express Love to each other whether we understand each other or not!
:idea:
NB:
When Love stands under each word and its opposite, Love is standing under all words and so not only is Love understood and taken for granted but also helps one understand oneself first and so understand all others as oneself!:)
In Genesis 11, in the story of tower of Babel, God in pure unmixed and unconfused and unmisunderstood Love confused or mixed up the languages of the people specially and specifically for them to misunderstand each other to teach them to love each and the other as each without condition or understanding or etc!:)
And this is a given that there were much simpler and more reliable means to abort the erection of it, specially due to the construction site being located in a seismic zone.
But since God loves the easy and the hard, and can save by little or by much, and his goal was NOT just to stop the construction, God's real puropse--as usual-- was to get them to so love themselves and each other as themselves that their Love would be rock-solid and unshakeable and unearthshakeable no matter if they lived directly on some fault or on the Pacific Ocean's Ring of Fire!
Like this:
Luke 6:
47Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
48He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

Now please listen to this: Our Love is as Solid as a Rock by ashford and simpson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_wtdPYD ... re=related

I understand you are rebelling rebelliously against Lord God with your Love Story only if you hate Haters and the rebels and hate the unrebellious, since God loves rebels and loyals and dwells amomg all rebels in Love!:) And so when ones rebel in Love and Love is in the rebels, the rebels are not only dwelling in God but God also dwells in the rebels!:)

Like this:
Psalm 68:
18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them.

And only my Atheism in Love of myself as an atheist and theist, as godly and godless, as heretic and non-heretic --just as God loves all opposite-nemies -- allows me to talk in Love to you without re-experiencing any minor or major Hate, and so also without any wrong minor or major fear of post-mortal punishment for liaising with a godless heretic whom God loves as himself because God loves himself as a godless heretic too so that to love you is to love God!!
:idea: :) :lol:

See how easy that was? :)
All the words are already in your head and heart!
All one has to now do is apply Love like a paint of sound or like a sound coat of paint, guy!:)

Thanx.
athena
Premium Member

Post by athena »

Abacab wrote:Athena wrote
and just applying logic, I am sure loving a person, regardless of the person's flaws, has a positive, and I don't know if there is any other way to have a positive effect. I sincerely hope you think this throw, and if you think something as a better effect than love, then name it.
Love is far from logical and subjective. Paedophiles receive enough love from the law system that hands out far to lenient sentences on them. I prefer to think positive effects for the victims and send love to the survivors they leave in the aftermath of their actions.
What do think love is? May be we shouldn't even write of the word? The French have at least 5 words for our one word "love". To say love is not logical, is like saying air is not logical, or a cold is not logical. Human beings are not always logical, but love, air, and colds are what they are. They are qualities

Like not everyone gets colds, I think some people fail to perceive love. No matter how lovingly they are treated, they just don't catch love, and because they can not perceive love, neither can they love. However, they may perceive lust as love, and be aware their own need which is now associated anger.

What is "positive effects for the victims"? Forgiveness is mightily important to healing. Hum, I believe Jesus said, "You don't even know what power is". Inability to forgive can manifest in deadly cancer.
born to master the art of love
Abacab
Banned

Post by Abacab »

Athena you are moving the goal post`s, I answered you clearly. I use my energy *love* empathy, for the victims not the villains, my choice, I choose for myself, not through your terms or others dogma`s.
In my opinion your altruiism is not what I term *love* its an ideal that does more harm than good.
Vulcanised
Banned

Post by Vulcanised »

Athena wrote
What is "positive effects for the victims"? Forgiveness is mightily important to healing. Hum, I believe Jesus said, "You don't even know what power is". Inability to forgive can manifest in deadly cancer
Abacab wrote
Athena you are moving the goal post`s, I answered you clearly. I use my energy *love* empathy, for the victims not the villains, my choice, I choose for myself, not through your terms or others dogma`s.
In my opinion your altruiism is not what I term *love* its an ideal that does more harm than good.
I agree with Abacab, Athena in the first place you mentioned loving paedos like Ape evangalises not forgiveness. Jesus you quoted, said love enemies. I don`t feel love for evil doers, I can feel sympathy for them but that is not love. Morally speaking Moses made more sense. An eye for an eye, and didn`t your Jesus say he came not to overturn the law but to fulfill it, so that would mean Moses laws were included.
Jester Gren

Post by Jester Gren »

I would like to say that people Love to have sex, but what we refer to as love-making is the experience shared between two individuals, not the emotions felt by one.
Vulcanised
Banned

Post by Vulcanised »

I would like to say that people Love to have sex, but what we refer to as love-making is the experience shared between two individuals, not the emotions felt by one.
have sex? what about lust eroticism and love physically? does this mean lesser? a touch can do more than a word a hug more than a sermon, a smile more than a frown, sexuality is not emotions felt by only one that`s rape. Emotions dictate love. Without feeling`s who can say they know what love is? I have read the rhetoric and sermons, but love is consential and sex is consential and felt otherwise why have sex affection and physicality? doesn`t our physical body need nourishment to survive? don`t we eat physically to do so? those who say sex is nothing but a calling card,are lacking in intelligence, emotional intelligence.
Marabod
Banned

Post by Marabod »

Vulcanised wrote:
have sex? what about lust eroticism and love physically? does this mean lesser? a touch can do more than a word a hug more than a sermon, a smile more than a frown, sexuality is not emotions felt by only one that`s rape. Emotions dictate love. Without feeling`s who can say they know what love is? I have read the rhetoric and sermons, but love is consential and sex is consential and felt otherwise why have sex affection and physicality? doesn`t our physical body need nourishment to survive? don`t we eat physically to do so? those who say sex is nothing but a calling card,are lacking in intelligence, emotional intelligence.
Vulk, there are temporal limitations to this view (just a warning!). Yes, you are right, but sex still remains as a tool of procreation, and in the evolutionary reality all what you are saying is only valid for some 6-7 days a month, which is the female ovulation period. You are describing the emotions of the male side, which may be constant 24/7/365, but at the end of the day it is a female, which instinctively chooses a partner. I may try searching if you have any doubts, but about 50% of the female cheats on their partner statistically fall into this critical ovulation week - instinct, no more! She may love you "socially", but her biology tells her to get a baby from someone else, who is "right" biologically.
ape

Post by ape »

Vulcanised wrote: I agree with Abacab, Athena in the first place you mentioned loving paedos like Ape evangalises not forgiveness. Jesus you quoted, said love enemies. I don`t feel love for evil doers, I can feel sympathy for them but that is not love.

There it is,V: you 'can feel sympathy for' eviddoers or paedos or enemies!
Excellent! :)
Congrats!
That a good step!
:)
But as you say: you 'don't feel Love for evildoers' nor paedos or enemies!

This means that you don't love yourself as whatever evildoer you too are, and that the sympathy you can. feel is kind of not sincere or genuine or is less sincere and genuine than it ought to be. :idea:

So it is because you don't feel Love for yourself as an evidoer that you automatically do not feel Love for any other evil-doers as yourself!

Very logical.

So it is not only that you don't feel Love but also that you can't feel Love for evidoers --since if you don't have feelings of Love for youself as an evildoer, you don't have any feelings of Love for other evildoers as yourself and can't give to any others what feelings of Love you don't feel or have for yourself!

Makes sense.

You are actually telling others to also hate you or to feel no Love to you as an evildoer, and to have sympathy for you with no Love.:idea: And whoever follows your example and hates you or does not feel Love for you as an evildoer first has to hate himself or herself as you and as an evildoer too.
So down and down and around and around go in Hate's vicious circle those who hate others: that is so simply because they have to first hate tbemselves as others to hate others as themselves.

Makes perfect sense to love yourself as good-doer and as evildoer so you would auto have Love for evildoers as yourself, and so to stop that Self-Hatred which is the first evil- doing that leads to all other evil-doers doing their evil-doings.

Same thing applies to sympathy: sympathy without Love is pityless or hollow or fake or shallow or empty.

And as you say, there is sympathy that is not Love:'I can feel sympathy for them but that is not love.'
Exactly!
But having that sympathy is still good to have!
Congrats again!
:)
Plus sympathy comes from having the 'same pity' --the 'sym pity' --the -sym pathy' -- for others as you have for yourself.

So do you love to pity yourself so you can the same sympathy for others as yourself?

God loves you and pities you in Love, so it is ok to pity yourself by first loving yourself so you can pity yourself in Love and so have sympathy in Love for all others.

Makes perfect sense as Moses would agree. :)

Moses himself loved himself as a slave and slavemaster, and so loved slaves as himself, and so had sympathy in Love for slaves in Egypt, and so with sympathy in Love for slaves and slavemasters killed an Egyptian slavemaster who with Hate and little to no sympathy was hitting an Israelite-slave!

That death was more than a hit for a hitting: that was death for hitting...which is fine as long as the death is carried out in Love. :idea:

So hold on that sympathy for evil doers such as paedos and enemies and etc: just add Love to make the sympathy genuine for yourself and others.
Vulcanised wrote: Morally speaking Moses made more sense. An eye for an eye, and didn`t your Jesus say he came not to overturn the law but to fulfill it, so that would mean Moses laws were included.
Moses and JC totally agree since all laws are based in Love and so make perfect sense in perfect Love: so that in that one Love, there are all these options:
an eye/hit/coat/cloak/mile in Love, or in Love no eye/no hit/no coat/no cloak/no mile, or in Love both eyes/as many hits/both coats/both clokes/ double the miles or more of each for an eye/coat/cloke/mile taken in Hate.

Moses, like Jesus also gave as one of many options, once opted for no eye for an eye when it came to his sister Miriam.

So V, that sympathy you have for evil doers or paedos or enemies is a good place to start!:)
Now just add Love and you'll have the Love to jail or even kill or do whatever to paedos or whoever-evildoers.

Thanks! :)
Vulcanised
Banned

Post by Vulcanised »

Marabod wrote
Vulk, there are temporal limitations to this view (just a warning!). Yes, you are right, but sex still remains as a tool of procreation, and in the evolutionary reality all what you are saying is only valid for some 6-7 days a month, which is the female ovulation period. You are describing the emotions of the male side, which may be constant 24/7/365, but at the end of the day it is a female, which instinctively chooses a partner. I may try searching if you have any doubts, but about 50% of the female cheats on their partner statistically fall into this critical ovulation week - instinct, no more! She may love you "socially", but her biology tells her to get a baby from someone else, who is "right" biologically.
You have a point and one in which I must think on more.
Sprchgdcobra

Post by Sprchgdcobra »

I will use Freud to describe sex vs love. In order to make a comparison I have to change the superego section to a thought based section. The want section I will disclose only as sex or the lower basic desires humans have. The normal definition of the fight from the superego to the want section will change to thought counter acting the want section itself. What happens is the thought of somebodey else ends up countering the want section of pure driven sex. When the thoughts of somebody else ends up countering with the want drive of sex then perception of that person ends up changing. The perception of a pure driven sex has a lack of thought fighting against the sex drive itself. The lack of thought attaching to sex drive ends up creating only sex itself. When a person takes their tikmes and gets to know somebody the thoughts of the other person end up forming an attachment to sex itself. The moment there becomes an attachment to the drive of sex the feeling becomes more complex. Whenever there becomes a sexual feeling it ends up bringing up multiple thoughts about that person. This complexity I believe can even change a persons eyes. The dilation and contraction of pupils is generally used to signify sex drive yet with thought countering the sex drive and attaching itself you end up having eyes are the gateway to the soul of the person. So I believe the complexity of reasons does end up changing.
Ladychristine
New Trial Member

Re: Love-Making VS. Sex

Post by Ladychristine »

:D :D :D :D Both are worship and we have to respect both of them… and its part of life… feel it and make it special in every way it’s possible.. It’s very warmth feeling to express it in words so feel it love it and explore it.............
Granth

Post by Granth »

If one can love sex rather than a someone they are having sex with then I suppose they are loving masturbation, just with another's body. Which is fine (as it is presumably consensual and mutually enjoyed). I don't judge it as less or more than anything else. I am just giving it some definition. It is, however, different than loving a person whom one sometimes shares in the recreational activity sex is. It is different from an expectation angle. Love doesn't expect.
Togo1

Post by Togo1 »

Is it as easy to separate the two?

One phenomenon I encountered was a partner who, upon reaching a stage of intimacy which included sex, wanted to experiment. That suggests to me that sex is not merely either a desire to express your love for someone, or a recreational activity, but can be all mixed together.

Return to “Ethics and Morality”

2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
by Howard Wolk
July 2024

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side
by Thomas Richard Spradlin
June 2024

Neither Safe Nor Effective

Neither Safe Nor Effective
by Dr. Colleen Huber
May 2024

Now or Never

Now or Never
by Mary Wasche
April 2024

Meditations

Meditations
by Marcus Aurelius
March 2024

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

The In-Between: Life in the Micro

The In-Between: Life in the Micro
by Christian Espinosa
January 2024

2023 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream