I Hate Gays

Discuss morality and ethics in this message board.
Featured Article: Philosophical Analysis of Abortion, The Right to Life, and Murder
Consul

Re: I Hate Gays

Post by Consul »

Karpel Tunnel wrote: May 18th, 2019, 6:34 pm
Newme wrote: May 17th, 2019, 5:44 pm Homosexuality is a disorder - not the way of nature.
Except that it occurs in all cultures and in many species other than humans. Not just sexual acts, but even animals pairing for life or regularly engaging in and preferring same sex sex and social contact.
Right.

* Animal Homosexuality: A Biosocial Perspective

"Homosexuality is an evolutionary paradox in search for a resolution, not a medical condition in search for a cure. Homosexual behavior is common among social animals, and mainly expressed within the context of a bisexual sexual orientation. Exclusive homosexuality is less common, but not unique to humans."

* Homosexual Behaviour in Animals: An Evolutionary Perspective
"We may philosophize well or ill, but we must philosophize." – Wilfrid Sellars
Sculptor1

Post by Sculptor1 »

Xris wrote: June 30th, 2013, 8:17 am I find myself disliking the open display of gay affection. Is that my problem or theirs? You can dislike the act or the open displays but are you entitled to hate? If your hate displays itself in open hostility and that hostility expresses itself in a negative manner we must all oppose your hate. Just like I detest gun tooting Americans who think their rights rise above the safety of their fellow citizens.I might detest them but I would not openly oppose them in a violent manner.

Maybe you should think through the fact that there are also going to be many people who find what you do, offensive, and unlikable. If you would wish to give yourself the right to hate or express hostility then you'd not have the grounds to deny others the right to hate and show hostility to you.
Those guys with their guns are probably going to win.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

It seems to me that, the more plentiful humans become, the less they like or care about each other, which is logical enough. Humanity's power lies in collectivism, but the aggregations that bring us safety and security also bring stress and paranoia.

So, with the benefit of hindsight, it's no surprise that people choose certain others to be "the main problem". Gays, of course, are famously mostly usually a problem for those disturbed by their own natural bisexual impulses. The law of probability, plus taboos, suggests that the sexuality of numerous straight and gay people is more cut-and-dried socially than it is internally. The relentless desire for absolutes and purity has always brought misery to humankind, and so it is with our sexuality.

For many, even noticing a glimmer of non-sanctioned desire within brings on a stress response rather than a shrug. It is perhaps an example of how humans tend to fall out of touch with their animal natures, placing greater value on social symbolism than physical reality.

So, conditioned by the symbols of our culture, we become disturbed when our bodies respond to the wrong people! Those unruly bodies - why won't they do the right thing, or even what we want? For instance, I always fell for strugglers. Why could I not have preferred leaders of men and champions of reason? They never did it for me. The control we exercise over our lives is tenuous and often a façade.

Now there's too many of us and we are increasingly looking for rationalisations to help us feel justified in our rising misanthropy. It's no one's fault, just nature. The whole gay "controversy" is a furphy to keep little people fighting amongst one another while they are essentially being jettisoned like ballast by the ultra-weathy (not naming names, Kochs, Murdochs). There's too many people for the Earth's carrying capacity and the society-shapers have long decided who has to go.

Chimps do the same thing. When groups reach a certain size, they start fighting, treating in-group chimps as outsiders. Then the group splits and everyone settles down again. The scale of humanity means that the splitting process is gradual, already in train. As deserts grow and food becomes more scarce, the ultra wealthy will increasingly isolate themselves in gated and armed zones with enclosed biosystems. Basically humans are having done to them what they did to other animals.
Newme

Post by Newme »

Karpel Tunnel wrote: May 18th, 2019, 6:34 pm
Newme wrote: May 17th, 2019, 5:44 pm Good points.

Homosexuality is a disorder - not the way of nature.
Except that it occurs in all cultures and in many species other than humans. Not just sexual acts, but even animals pairing for life or regularly engaging in and preferring same sex sex and social contact. It's all over the place. It's been within the range of fairly common human activity for as long as we can look back. Unlike pedophilia it does not need, just as heterosexul sex does not need, to include consent violations and emotional damage.
Do you think it logical or kind to compare those with homosexual disorder to animals? Some animals eat their young - so does that male it ok for humans to?

The anus is anatomically designed as an exit, not an entrance. When attempted to use it for an entrance, doctors warn or anal fissures, colon rupture &/or bacterial infection. So not only is this homosexual act a disorder but also harmful. According to US nationwide health reports gathered by the US CDC, those practicing homosexuality have much higher rates of STDs, HIV/AIDs and mental illness. Some have fallen for emotional reasoning and appeal to emotion in wanting to appear kind. Yet, how kind is it to encourage behavior known to be harmful?
“Empty is the argument of the philosopher which does not relieve any human suffering.” - Epicurus
Sculptor1

Post by Sculptor1 »

Newme wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 3:51 pm
Karpel Tunnel wrote: May 18th, 2019, 6:34 pm Except that it occurs in all cultures and in many species other than humans. Not just sexual acts, but even animals pairing for life or regularly engaging in and preferring same sex sex and social contact. It's all over the place. It's been within the range of fairly common human activity for as long as we can look back. Unlike pedophilia it does not need, just as heterosexul sex does not need, to include consent violations and emotional damage.
Do you think it logical or kind to compare those with homosexual disorder to animals? Some animals eat their young - so does that male it ok for humans to?

The anus is anatomically designed as an exit, not an entrance. When attempted to use it for an entrance, doctors warn or anal fissures, colon rupture &/or bacterial infection. So not only is this homosexual act a disorder but also harmful. According to US nationwide health reports gathered by the US CDC, those practicing homosexuality have much higher rates of STDs, HIV/AIDs and mental illness. Some have fallen for emotional reasoning and appeal to emotion in wanting to appear kind. Yet, how kind is it to encourage behavior known to be harmful?
Gays have much more fun.
Are you jealous?
As for the anus - heterosexuals like to play with them too. BTW not all homosexuals are interested in bottoms. You have a very limited idea of sex I think.
Sculptor1

Post by Sculptor1 »

Karpel Tunnel wrote: May 18th, 2019, 6:34 pm Except that it occurs in all cultures and in many species other than humans. Not just sexual acts, but even animals pairing for life or regularly engaging in and preferring same sex sex and social contact. It's all over the place. It's been within the range of fairly common human activity for as long as we can look back. Unlike pedophilia it does not need, just as heterosexul sex does not need, to include consent violations and emotional damage.

PS
You are an animal and so is everyone who contributes to this forum.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Sculptor1 wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 5:36 pmYou are an animal and so is everyone who contributes to this forum.
Shame that it even needed to be said.

We kill and eat animals and plants. We have sex and we poop, wee, burp, fart, itch and get grumpy and get scared. We fight, tussle for power and influence, make friends, have sex, have young and raise them - like all other social mammals.

We should not think ourselves separate from the Earth. We are tiny, transitory parts of the Earth - momentary pimples. To imagine that we are apart from the Earth is a deeply wrong and disorienting way of thinking. Our imagined separateness is the reason for our environmental irresponsibility. Those behind that environmental damage just love seeing little people argue about stupid nonsense like sexuality. Divide and rule.

Sexuality is the ultimate trivial non-issue. Do you prefer to eat breakfast or skip it? Do you prefer brown or purple? Do you prefer men or women intimately? Jazz or pop? Comedies or dramas? Trivia, trivia, trivia. All trivia.

However, the transformation of the environment being driven too quickly by bad actors is not trivial. Someone hates gays. Who cares? There's surely someone out there who hates each of us, be it for our individuality or perceived group status. Generally, I prefer to reserve hate towards those who hurt me or someone/thing I care about, not to random people just living their lives.

A great thing about getting old is shedding your petty schoolyard mind.
Newme

Post by Newme »

Only those who are deceived by illogical herd mentality go along with harmful homosexual lies when they are opposed to BASIC science - human anatomy. It’s sad how many (I read about 2/3 of) people will go along with things they know to be incorrect due to peer pressure. It’s not just religious fanatics who fall for illogical emotional reasoning and appeal to reason.

“Empty is the argument of the philosopher which does not relieve any human suffering.” - Epicurus
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Newme wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 10:24 pm Only those who are deceived by illogical herd mentality go along with harmful homosexual lies when they are opposed to BASIC science - human anatomy. It’s sad how many (I read about 2/3 of) people will go along with things they know to be incorrect due to peer pressure. It’s not just religious fanatics who fall for illogical emotional reasoning and appeal to reason.
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's like Trump chastising people for lying. You have always argued against science - ALWAYS - because it undermined the myths of your obsessive Christianity. You still dispute science because it's inconvenient.

Why would you evoke science now, especially when it destroys all homophobic arguments too?

This leads us to the REAL question here. What your personal issue is to lead you to hate gay people? They have probably never ever done anything wrong by you. Are you a closet gay? Most people who argue as hard against homosexuality are personally threatened because they are either:

1) in the closet or

2) fighting against their own same sex desire.

Have you retreated into Christianity to fight your same sex desires? That is the impression you give. People who are actually straight tend to be much more relaxed and uninterested in homosexuality than excitable phobes.

That's why it's always the anti-gay campaigners being caught playing hide the sausage in public toilets, not those with a different focus.
Sculptor1

Post by Sculptor1 »

Greta wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 6:54 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 5:36 pmYou are an animal and so is everyone who contributes to this forum.
Shame that it even needed to be said. ...
A great thing about getting old is shedding your petty schoolyard mind.
Yes, but some people are so full of their own importance that they need reminding of their physicality.
Every morning, waking up to those aches and pains at the grand old age of 59 is a constant reminder of my limited physicality and time on the planet.
Newme

Post by Newme »

Greta,
Do you know what jumping to conclusions means? Or lying?
Never have I stated I subscribe to Christian dogma - in fact I’ve argued against human sacrifice scapegoating. Yet, you persist in projecting your own fear of truth and rejection of the most axiomatic scientific truth - human anatomy. Why? Maybe... you have developed homosexual disorder or have contributed to the development of it - or want to appear loving, when really you care more what others think about YOU - because you encourage behavior statistically known to be harmful. Whatever the reason for your denial of facts - it’s only exasperated when you try to blame me or others simply for pointing out undeniable facts you don’t like.
Karpel Tunnel

Post by Karpel Tunnel »

Newme wrote: May 23rd, 2019, 10:24 pm Only those who are deceived by illogical herd mentality go along with harmful homosexual lies when they are opposed to BASIC science - human anatomy. It’s sad how many (I read about 2/3 of) people will go along with things they know to be incorrect due to peer pressure. It’s not just religious fanatics who fall for illogical emotional reasoning and appeal to reason.
That last sentence is absolutely correct in my experience. What homosexual lies are opposed to Basic Science?
Karpel Tunnel

Post by Karpel Tunnel »

Do you think it logical or kind to compare those with homosexual disorder to animals?
We are animals. We are a species of animal. So, sure. Since you seem to think science backs up your position, scientists use animals all the time to find out about humans: this is true in medicine where all sorts of testing goes on with other species for drugs and treatments for our benefit, but also in many of the biological sciences.
Some animals eat their young - so does that male it ok for humans to?
You do understand that I was responding TO YOUR ASSERTION.
Homosexuality is a disorder - not the way of nature.
This is just simply and scientifically incorrect.
A good even overview is in https://www.amazon.com/Biological-Exube ... 031225377X

Now you shift the issue to 'shall we do all things that are natural to animals?' Well, no. We have decided to stop doing many things we, the human animal did. We are free to choose how we want to interact.

But note: note, in these cases by arguing that it is against nature. We outlawed murder even though it is clear that animals kill each other often for no good reason. You can argue that you want homosexuality not to be allowed, but not on the grounds that is is against nature.

Why? because it is clearly not against nature.

Just as I cannot argue against adult child sex because it supposedly does not fit with nature. But it does. There are species that do this and so do humans.

However, I don't want there to be adult child sex. I have other reasons why I don't want that. They are not based on the naturalness of it.

You raised the issue of it not being natural. Live with the fact that argument is empty and don't pull these shifts of topic as if I was not responding to YOUR claim around naturalness unnaturalness.
And pregnancy is dangerous for women, celibacy is safer for everyone, driving is generally extremely dangerous, McDonalds food contributes to deaths....and so on in hundreds of legal activities.

I don't encourage anyone to have homosexul sex or heterosexual sex for that matter. But if you fall in love with same sex people and want to make love in certain ways, that is your business. I don't expect them to be celibate because their sexuality entails certain risks.

Lesbian sex is the absolute safest. Should we discourage women from have heterosexual sex and just figure out how to test tube baby to birth?
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

All this nonsense about "human anatomy" is simply bonkers flat-Earthesque thinking. Homosexuality is a common variation in nature that keeps on appearing, even though it would not seem to be naturally selected. All of the information about this is readily available.

Sexuality is pure trivia anyway. It's a mechanism for breeding. The utter tosh attributed to it, just because emotionality has proved efficacious in terms of natural selection, is lacking in proportionality.

Why pressure people to change their sexuality if they are in an adult consensual relationship? Who cares? Whose business is it, anyway? The constant pressuring of others in issues that are absolutely none of their business is oppressive dictatorial behaviour. People seem to have forgotten words like "calm", "enough" and "acceptance" in these neurotic, overheated times.

Meanwhile, Newme, you betray your interests by your focus. It almost inevitably turns out that homosexuality's major critics turn out to be gay themselves. Clearly they just want to keep talking about it to keep the flame alive until they are ready to come out.

That old game has played out again and again to the point of cliche. There are websites listing them - one anti-gay campaigner after another being busted doing what they always focused upon - surprise, surprise.

Not that it matters. Sexuality is utter trivia. What actually matters is the spark of enthusiasm and immersion in life that we have - it can be sexual but there are a million other things that fire us up - and also the gratitude we feel for not being dealt the terrible fates that some poor souls must struggle through.
Newme

Post by Newme »

Karpel Tunnel wrote: June 13th, 2019, 9:07 am
That last sentence is absolutely correct in my experience. What homosexual lies are opposed to Basic Science?
When people have shared human anatomical and reproductive facts, homosexual-fanatics have shot the messenger, calling them “homophobic haters.” These homosexual fanatics project their own fear and hatred of axiomatic facts. The fact is that each of us owe our existence to a sperm from a man and an egg from a woman. This is that natural order of human reproduction. If just homosexual men were put on an isolated island - they’d die off. Homosexuality is a disorder, in this sense as well as statistically being harmful... with higher rates of STDs, HIV/AIDS, mental illness and anal sex risks (anal fissures, colon rupture, bacterial infection & in some cases anal cancer).

Books like “The Overhauling of Straight America” & “After the Ball,” have encouraged their homosexual followers to lie, to pretend homosexual sickness is “gay happy rainbows.” Those who encouraged lying about homosexuality tried to justify it by explaining that after a lie has been told enough times by enough people, even when truth is discovered, the lies will have been believed and preached so deeply & repeatedly, that few will be willing to admit to have been mistaken. This is seen even on this forum by many otherwise intelligent people who are too prideful to admit they too, have been deceived.

Homosexuality is based on lies that depend on logical fallacies and cognitive distortions like appeal to emotion and emotional reasoning. Facts are feared and hated.

Return to “Ethics and Morality”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream