"A good leader should not guide his/her followers, but should inspire them". Do you agree?

Discuss the May Philosophy Book of the Month, Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through by Jeff Meyer
User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 3978
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: "A good leader should not guide his/her followers, but should inspire them". Do you agree?

Post by Sculptor1 »

Sushan wrote: May 18th, 2021, 3:52 am
Sculptor1 wrote: May 17th, 2021, 5:31 am
Sushan wrote: May 17th, 2021, 12:23 am
Sculptor1 wrote: May 16th, 2021, 1:32 pm

Oh dear, disrespecting my betters? Whatever next?
Far be it from me to disrespect people whose choice in life is to make a profession out of killing people. Most psychopaths have to face the risk of facing the law for what they do.
From the view that you have towards army, I assume that You are from the US, whose army fight in unnecessary wars in other countries, so have lost the respect of its people. In that aspect, yes, I agree that they do not do a honourable job. But you should keep in mind that that is not there fault or choice, but the political decisions that are made out of greed for power.
No I am not from the USA.
Where are you from?

That profession is not for just killing someone. If you think so, you may not have seen how they rescue people from natural disasters. I do not believe in after life or the spiritual consequences of killing someone. If so, that should be applicable to other animals as well. And the killings in a war cannot be compared to just killing people for money, which is a task of the mafia bosses.
So are you saying that you have never been in combat?
I did not tell so. But if you want to know, I can say that I have never killed anyone but have saved lives, and that is my task in the army.
Maybe you are not so qualified to make the statements you have, since you have not fulfilled your primary function as a soldier?

What I was trying to say was, army is not for just killing. They kill to protect their country or the ones they love. Many people sleep well because they know that they are being protected by the tri forces and the police. If a police officer had to shoot a serial killer to save a innocent fellow, would you still call that as a murder and label that officer as a fellow who joined the police to kill others?
Are you going to tell me where you are from or not?
User avatar
Sushan
Book of the Month Discussion Leader
Posts: 321
Joined: February 19th, 2021, 8:12 pm
Contact:

Re: "A good leader should not guide his/her followers, but should inspire them". Do you agree?

Post by Sushan »

Sculptor1 wrote: May 18th, 2021, 8:22 am
Sushan wrote: May 18th, 2021, 3:52 am
Sculptor1 wrote: May 17th, 2021, 5:31 am
Sushan wrote: May 17th, 2021, 12:23 am

From the view that you have towards army, I assume that You are from the US, whose army fight in unnecessary wars in other countries, so have lost the respect of its people. In that aspect, yes, I agree that they do not do a honourable job. But you should keep in mind that that is not there fault or choice, but the political decisions that are made out of greed for power.
No I am not from the USA.
Where are you from?

That profession is not for just killing someone. If you think so, you may not have seen how they rescue people from natural disasters. I do not believe in after life or the spiritual consequences of killing someone. If so, that should be applicable to other animals as well. And the killings in a war cannot be compared to just killing people for money, which is a task of the mafia bosses.
So are you saying that you have never been in combat?
I did not tell so. But if you want to know, I can say that I have never killed anyone but have saved lives, and that is my task in the army.
Maybe you are not so qualified to make the statements you have, since you have not fulfilled your primary function as a soldier?

What I was trying to say was, army is not for just killing. They kill to protect their country or the ones they love. Many people sleep well because they know that they are being protected by the tri forces and the police. If a police officer had to shoot a serial killer to save a innocent fellow, would you still call that as a murder and label that officer as a fellow who joined the police to kill others?
Are you going to tell me where you are from or not?
No, I do not have any intention to say that.

It seems like you have a very narrow idea about a soldier. Do you think all the soldiers in the world have killed someone? I don't think so. If killing a person makes one a soldier, then all the mafia people will be soldiers.

What makes an ordinary person a soldier is the physical and mental training that one undergoes in order to become a soldier. There are many who enrol into such training but only a few qualify as soldiers. Some of them may never get a chance to kill an enemy. But that soldier remains a soldier forever.
“There is only one thing a philosopher can be relied upon to do, and that is to contradict other philosophers”

– William James
User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 3978
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: "A good leader should not guide his/her followers, but should inspire them". Do you agree?

Post by Sculptor1 »

Sushan wrote: May 19th, 2021, 12:40 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: May 18th, 2021, 8:22 am
Sushan wrote: May 18th, 2021, 3:52 am
Sculptor1 wrote: May 17th, 2021, 5:31 am
No I am not from the USA.
Where are you from?


So are you saying that you have never been in combat?
I did not tell so. But if you want to know, I can say that I have never killed anyone but have saved lives, and that is my task in the army.
Maybe you are not so qualified to make the statements you have, since you have not fulfilled your primary function as a soldier?

What I was trying to say was, army is not for just killing. They kill to protect their country or the ones they love. Many people sleep well because they know that they are being protected by the tri forces and the police. If a police officer had to shoot a serial killer to save a innocent fellow, would you still call that as a murder and label that officer as a fellow who joined the police to kill others?
Are you going to tell me where you are from or not?
No, I do not have any intention to say that.
In that case your evidence is worth precisely ZERO
Cheerio
User avatar
Sushan
Book of the Month Discussion Leader
Posts: 321
Joined: February 19th, 2021, 8:12 pm
Contact:

Re: "A good leader should not guide his/her followers, but should inspire them". Do you agree?

Post by Sushan »

Sculptor1 wrote: May 19th, 2021, 1:41 pm
Sushan wrote: May 19th, 2021, 12:40 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: May 18th, 2021, 8:22 am
Sushan wrote: May 18th, 2021, 3:52 am

I did not tell so. But if you want to know, I can say that I have never killed anyone but have saved lives, and that is my task in the army.
Maybe you are not so qualified to make the statements you have, since you have not fulfilled your primary function as a soldier?

What I was trying to say was, army is not for just killing. They kill to protect their country or the ones they love. Many people sleep well because they know that they are being protected by the tri forces and the police. If a police officer had to shoot a serial killer to save a innocent fellow, would you still call that as a murder and label that officer as a fellow who joined the police to kill others?
Are you going to tell me where you are from or not?
No, I do not have any intention to say that.
In that case your evidence is worth precisely ZERO
Cheerio
I simply do not get what you say. To which part of this discussion that my country was needed as evidence? Respecting and loving the national army that protects your country, is it a country based concept? I really do not get your point in this.

By the way, you have not commented on what I said about how an ordinary man becomes a soldier. Do you still think a person has to kill someone to be a soldier?
“There is only one thing a philosopher can be relied upon to do, and that is to contradict other philosophers”

– William James
User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 3978
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: "A good leader should not guide his/her followers, but should inspire them". Do you agree?

Post by Sculptor1 »

Sushan wrote: May 19th, 2021, 9:48 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: May 19th, 2021, 1:41 pm
Sushan wrote: May 19th, 2021, 12:40 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: May 18th, 2021, 8:22 am
Maybe you are not so qualified to make the statements you have, since you have not fulfilled your primary function as a soldier?


Are you going to tell me where you are from or not?
No, I do not have any intention to say that.
In that case your evidence is worth precisely ZERO
Cheerio
I simply do not get what you say. To which part of this discussion that my country was needed as evidence? Respecting and loving the national army that protects your country, is it a country based concept? I really do not get your point in this.

By the way, you have not commented on what I said about how an ordinary man becomes a soldier. Do you still think a person has to kill someone to be a soldier?
Please refer to the answer I made above.
User avatar
Sushan
Book of the Month Discussion Leader
Posts: 321
Joined: February 19th, 2021, 8:12 pm
Contact:

Re: "A good leader should not guide his/her followers, but should inspire them". Do you agree?

Post by Sushan »

Sculptor1 wrote: May 20th, 2021, 7:49 am
Sushan wrote: May 19th, 2021, 9:48 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: May 19th, 2021, 1:41 pm
Sushan wrote: May 19th, 2021, 12:40 pm

No, I do not have any intention to say that.
In that case your evidence is worth precisely ZERO
Cheerio
I simply do not get what you say. To which part of this discussion that my country was needed as evidence? Respecting and loving the national army that protects your country, is it a country based concept? I really do not get your point in this.

By the way, you have not commented on what I said about how an ordinary man becomes a soldier. Do you still think a person has to kill someone to be a soldier?
Please refer to the answer I made above.
If I understood correctly, what you have told there is that I have not fulfilled my tasks as a soldier to make any statements related to the discussion. Can you please elaborate that.

As far as I understood, you have implied that to be a soldier you should kill an enemy. Please correct me if I am wrong.
“There is only one thing a philosopher can be relied upon to do, and that is to contradict other philosophers”

– William James
User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 3978
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: "A good leader should not guide his/her followers, but should inspire them". Do you agree?

Post by Sculptor1 »

Sushan wrote: May 20th, 2021, 7:58 am
Sculptor1 wrote: May 20th, 2021, 7:49 am
Sushan wrote: May 19th, 2021, 9:48 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: May 19th, 2021, 1:41 pm

In that case your evidence is worth precisely ZERO
Cheerio
I simply do not get what you say. To which part of this discussion that my country was needed as evidence? Respecting and loving the national army that protects your country, is it a country based concept? I really do not get your point in this.

By the way, you have not commented on what I said about how an ordinary man becomes a soldier. Do you still think a person has to kill someone to be a soldier?
Please refer to the answer I made above.
If I understood correctly, what you have told there is that I have not fulfilled my tasks as a soldier to make any statements related to the discussion. Can you please elaborate that.

As far as I understood, you have implied that to be a soldier you should kill an enemy. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I only converse with people who can be honest.
Please cease and desist
User avatar
Sushan
Book of the Month Discussion Leader
Posts: 321
Joined: February 19th, 2021, 8:12 pm
Contact:

Re: "A good leader should not guide his/her followers, but should inspire them". Do you agree?

Post by Sushan »

Sculptor1 wrote: May 20th, 2021, 8:17 am
Sushan wrote: May 20th, 2021, 7:58 am
Sculptor1 wrote: May 20th, 2021, 7:49 am
Sushan wrote: May 19th, 2021, 9:48 pm

I simply do not get what you say. To which part of this discussion that my country was needed as evidence? Respecting and loving the national army that protects your country, is it a country based concept? I really do not get your point in this.

By the way, you have not commented on what I said about how an ordinary man becomes a soldier. Do you still think a person has to kill someone to be a soldier?
Please refer to the answer I made above.
If I understood correctly, what you have told there is that I have not fulfilled my tasks as a soldier to make any statements related to the discussion. Can you please elaborate that.

As far as I understood, you have implied that to be a soldier you should kill an enemy. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I only converse with people who can be honest.
Please cease and desist
As far as I know, I was never dishonest in this discussion. If you need any clarifications or any proof for something, I can provide that if possible. I prefer if you can elaborate that 'me being dishonest'. Thank you
“There is only one thing a philosopher can be relied upon to do, and that is to contradict other philosophers”

– William James
Post Reply

Return to “Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer”

Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
by Dr Frank L Douglas
August 2021

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts
by Mark L. Wdowiak
September 2021

The Preppers Medical Handbook

The Preppers Medical Handbook
by Dr. William W Forgey M.D.
October 2021

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
by Dr. Gustavo Kinrys, MD
November 2021

Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir

Dream For Peace
by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah
December 2021