What has God actually done wrong ?

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
Greatest I am

Re: What has God actually done wrong ?

Post by Greatest I am »

NeilWallace wrote: September 6th, 2021, 9:42 am Natural Evil though is still created by the Old Testiment Creator God.
Job's solution seems to be God created Evil but he works in mysterious ways so just have faith in that.
There seems to be other solutions though. A very simple one being to decide that God does not exist.

It is impossible to blame something for events when that something does not in fact Exist.

I agree with the questioner "What has God actually done wrong?" that many Atheists have an illogical angry blameful attitude towards something they do not believe exists.

For me Evil is a mixture of Natural and Human. God has done nothing wrong in that sense. Because there is no God.
Can we live without evil? Does it have a benefit and must remain active?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Neil Wallace wrote: September 5th, 2021, 4:22 pm You could have Jesus as the Good Deity, God as the Old Testimant Creator Deity, then you would be fairly orthodox and call my position a heresy. The Bible's good that way in its flexibility. Glad its not the 17th Century. Hide the matches and kindling wood.
Can Jesus be the good guy when he has promised to genocide us with Armageddon?

Regards
DL
Neil Wallace

Post by Neil Wallace »

Greatest I am wrote: September 7th, 2021, 11:01 am
Neil Wallace wrote: September 5th, 2021, 4:22 pm You could have Jesus as the Good Deity, God as the Old Testimant Creator Deity, then you would be fairly orthodox and call my position a heresy. The Bible's good that way in its flexibility. Glad its not the 17th Century. Hide the matches and kindling wood.
Can Jesus be the good guy when he has promised to genocide us with Armageddon?

Regards
DL
For me, its just a contradictory story. Mine's would only be a literary analysis of character. You would need to have that discussion with a believer.
Neil Wallace

Post by Neil Wallace »

Regards
DL
Personally, you assume Life to be good. If Earth was lifeless there would be no evil. That would to my mind be the best of all worlds - that life was never created in the first place.

God has that "benefit" actually - he doesn't exist and hence is not a cause of evil and suffering.
Neil Wallace

Post by Neil Wallace »

The evil that is the case seems to be necessary however much we rightfully hate and deplore it.

- Evil is necessary for life. I agree.

If there was no life there would be no Evil.

If God had chosen not to create life -there would be no evil. A state of nothingness - is not particularly good, bad or anything. Nothingness is ethically pure in that sense.

If God existed then it is difficult not to form the conclusion that God was wrong in creating life. However, As I don't believe he exists - I'm not pinning the rap on him for it.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Neil Wallace wrote: September 7th, 2021, 6:47 pm

Regards
DL
Personally, you assume Life to be good. If Earth was lifeless there would be no evil. That would to my mind be the best of all worlds - that life was never created in the first place.

God has that "benefit" actually - he doesn't exist and hence is not a cause of evil and suffering.
Inquisitions and jihads.

Need I say more?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Neil Wallace wrote: September 7th, 2021, 6:53 pm The evil that is the case seems to be necessary however much we rightfully hate and deplore it.

- Evil is necessary for life. I agree.

If there was no life there would be no Evil.

If God had chosen not to create life -there would be no evil. A state of nothingness - is not particularly good, bad or anything. Nothingness is ethically pure in that sense.

If God existed then it is difficult not to form the conclusion that God was wrong in creating life. However, As I don't believe he exists - I'm not pinning the rap on him for it.
Rap.

You mean reward, if I read you right.

Remember that the world and you are the best you can possibly be, given entropy and our history.

Regards
DL

Return to “Philosophy of Religion, Theism and Mythology”

Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream