What has God actually done wrong ?

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 7226
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: What has God actually done wrong ?

Post by Sculptor1 »

Sy Borg wrote: June 26th, 2023, 6:56 am
Sculptor1 wrote: June 26th, 2023, 3:55 am
Sy Borg wrote: June 25th, 2023, 5:13 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: June 25th, 2023, 9:13 amTeratoma
Have you had a diagnosis?
No. But I have had stage 4 tonsil cancer in 2008.
God gave me cancer, science gave me the cure.

I just think that teratoma is a particularly gruesome and nasty form of cancer.
Glad it's just an example of something wrong done by God, if mythological entities actually existed.
Have you seen a teratoma?
Hollywood studio's have not come up with something so horrific yet.
Joshua10
Posts: 1135
Joined: March 20th, 2021, 4:07 am

Re: What has God actually done wrong ?

Post by Joshua10 »

Sy Borg wrote: June 26th, 2023, 7:04 am
Joshua10 wrote: June 26th, 2023, 1:25 am
Sy Borg wrote: June 25th, 2023, 5:20 pm
Joshua10 wrote: June 25th, 2023, 8:54 am

I am a not consciousness,I am a PRESENCE, which is aware of the 2 electromagnetic forces within my brain which do not cancel out as science claims but vibratory balance by the formula +/-=+/- .It is these interacting push/pull forces that affect the consciousness state that you and I experience.

I know about the dynamo beneath my feet and the all the other dynamo’s throughout the cosmos at both the macro and micro levels all of which interact to produce an overall vibratory balance throughout the universe.
You are a conscious piece of the planet. I am not sure what is cancelling out or not cancelling out in your brain but I do know that you never seem to tire of repeating the same thing over and over ... "electromagnetic forces" ... "+/-=+/-". But there's no logic or explanation behind it, just bald and arcane assertions that are not only apparently incoherent but completely ignore most current knowledge.

Still, it's fun to think of a deity who is actually just a magnet, as per your claims. The universe is magnets all the way down haha

I am not claiming that a deity is a magnetic force at all.I am claiming that PRESENCE is influenced by electromagnetic forces at the psychological level and we know this because the consciousness state experienced changes from the “in the moment” to the “out of the moment”.If you claim that you are consciousness,then which one are you,the in or out of the moment state? You are not consciousness.You merely ”toggle” backwards and forwards between these two states all the time due to electromagnetic forces.Not sure why you are laughing either.The universe is electromagnets all the way down.Everything spins in the electromagnetic fields that saturate the universe at both the macro and micro levels.These electromagnets produce equal but opposite forces which cannot be cancelled out.All these electromagnets interact in the following combinations -/-…-/+..,+/-…+/+ and the only way to balance these interactions is by the formula +/-=+/- thus producing a vibratory balance.
I didn't say we were consciousness. Why on earth would you claim such a thing?

Also, there's a lot more going on than EM. Gravity and strong and weak nuclear forces. Also note that electromagnetism has two components electricity and magnetism. It's not just magnetism alone.

Really, no one is interested in these crackpot ideas about pluses and minuses. No one.

Oh so now you are claiming to speak for everyone else now, are you?

Come on Sy Borg.There are scientists who are convinced now by the connection of electromagnetic forces and consciousness.Clearly,there are individuals that are interested.Once you go down that path you need to be able to explain it scientifically which I have done hence the pluses and minuses.That is how it’s explained for goodness sake because these forces of nature don’t cancel out.I have explained how they vibratory balance.

What do you mean crack pot ideas? Modern day science is in total chaos because all its theories are falling apart right before the scientific communities eyes and don’t claim they aren’t because people only have to do their research to know that the Big Bang theory and all it claims has failed.They just haven’t announced it yet.That means that the life long work of many scientists is in total tatters.Don’t talk to me about crack pot ideas.The scientific community needs to take the log out of its own eye first.They only have themselves to blame for what is happening.

Only the scientific community with its incorrect predictions are talking about gravity and strong and weak nuclear forces.All of which will now need to be reassessed.None of these forces fit into the science that explains the psychological.None of them.
User avatar
JackDaydream
Posts: 3301
Joined: July 25th, 2021, 5:16 pm

Re: What has God actually done wrong ?

Post by JackDaydream »

Sy Borg wrote: June 26th, 2023, 7:04 am
Joshua10 wrote: June 26th, 2023, 1:25 am
Sy Borg wrote: June 25th, 2023, 5:20 pm
Joshua10 wrote: June 25th, 2023, 8:54 am

I am a not consciousness,I am a PRESENCE, which is aware of the 2 electromagnetic forces within my brain which do not cancel out as science claims but vibratory balance by the formula +/-=+/- .It is these interacting push/pull forces that affect the consciousness state that you and I experience.

I know about the dynamo beneath my feet and the all the other dynamo’s throughout the cosmos at both the macro and micro levels all of which interact to produce an overall vibratory balance throughout the universe.
You are a conscious piece of the planet. I am not sure what is cancelling out or not cancelling out in your brain but I do know that you never seem to tire of repeating the same thing over and over ... "electromagnetic forces" ... "+/-=+/-". But there's no logic or explanation behind it, just bald and arcane assertions that are not only apparently incoherent but completely ignore most current knowledge.

Still, it's fun to think of a deity who is actually just a magnet, as per your claims. The universe is magnets all the way down haha

I am not claiming that a deity is a magnetic force at all.I am claiming that PRESENCE is influenced by electromagnetic forces at the psychological level and we know this because the consciousness state experienced changes from the “in the moment” to the “out of the moment”.If you claim that you are consciousness,then which one are you,the in or out of the moment state? You are not consciousness.You merely ”toggle” backwards and forwards between these two states all the time due to electromagnetic forces.Not sure why you are laughing either.The universe is electromagnets all the way down.Everything spins in the electromagnetic fields that saturate the universe at both the macro and micro levels.These electromagnets produce equal but opposite forces which cannot be cancelled out.All these electromagnets interact in the following combinations -/-…-/+..,+/-…+/+ and the only way to balance these interactions is by the formula +/-=+/- thus producing a vibratory balance.
I didn't say we were consciousness. Why on earth would you claim such a thing?

Also, there's a lot more going on than EM. Gravity and strong and weak nuclear forces. Also note that electromagnetism has two components electricity and magnetism. It's not just magnetism alone.

Really, no one is interested in these crackpot ideas about pluses and minuses. No one.
Surely, we, as humans, are consciousness. Of course, each person is an aspect of its changing nature, which extends beyond. But, if we are not consciousness, embodied, what is a person and what is consciousness?
Joshua10
Posts: 1135
Joined: March 20th, 2021, 4:07 am

Re: What has God actually done wrong ?

Post by Joshua10 »

JackDaydream wrote: June 26th, 2023, 8:25 am
Sy Borg wrote: June 26th, 2023, 7:04 am
Joshua10 wrote: June 26th, 2023, 1:25 am
Sy Borg wrote: June 25th, 2023, 5:20 pm

You are a conscious piece of the planet. I am not sure what is cancelling out or not cancelling out in your brain but I do know that you never seem to tire of repeating the same thing over and over ... "electromagnetic forces" ... "+/-=+/-". But there's no logic or explanation behind it, just bald and arcane assertions that are not only apparently incoherent but completely ignore most current knowledge.

Still, it's fun to think of a deity who is actually just a magnet, as per your claims. The universe is magnets all the way down haha

I am not claiming that a deity is a magnetic force at all.I am claiming that PRESENCE is influenced by electromagnetic forces at the psychological level and we know this because the consciousness state experienced changes from the “in the moment” to the “out of the moment”.If you claim that you are consciousness,then which one are you,the in or out of the moment state? You are not consciousness.You merely ”toggle” backwards and forwards between these two states all the time due to electromagnetic forces.Not sure why you are laughing either.The universe is electromagnets all the way down.Everything spins in the electromagnetic fields that saturate the universe at both the macro and micro levels.These electromagnets produce equal but opposite forces which cannot be cancelled out.All these electromagnets interact in the following combinations -/-…-/+..,+/-…+/+ and the only way to balance these interactions is by the formula +/-=+/- thus producing a vibratory balance.
I didn't say we were consciousness. Why on earth would you claim such a thing?

Also, there's a lot more going on than EM. Gravity and strong and weak nuclear forces. Also note that electromagnetism has two components electricity and magnetism. It's not just magnetism alone.

Really, no one is interested in these crackpot ideas about pluses and minuses. No one.
Surely, we, as humans, are consciousness. Of course, each person is an aspect of its changing nature, which extends beyond. But, if we are not consciousness, embodied, what is a person and what is consciousness?
We are NOT consciousness.

A person has a PRESENCE whose consciousness experience is affected by vibrating electromagnetic forces. This is why we experience the "in" and "out" of the moment consciousness states. This vibrating consciousness is happening all the time whether the individual is aware of it or not. If the individual is aware of this "toggling" consciousness effect then it is possible for the individual to override this automated process .If they are not aware, then they won't.

The reason that individuals don't get this stuff (which works by the way !!!!) is because they have been sold a different philosophy and science that claims that they don't actually exist to be able to take control.

That is a LIE.
User avatar
Sy Borg
Site Admin
Posts: 15385
Joined: December 16th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Re: What has God actually done wrong ?

Post by Sy Borg »

Sculptor1 wrote: June 26th, 2023, 7:06 am
Sy Borg wrote: June 26th, 2023, 6:56 am
Sculptor1 wrote: June 26th, 2023, 3:55 am
Sy Borg wrote: June 25th, 2023, 5:13 pm

Have you had a diagnosis?
No. But I have had stage 4 tonsil cancer in 2008.
God gave me cancer, science gave me the cure.

I just think that teratoma is a particularly gruesome and nasty form of cancer.
Glad it's just an example of something wrong done by God, if mythological entities actually existed.
Have you seen a teratoma?
Hollywood studio's have not come up with something so horrific yet.
I just visited Googled Images. I see your point. It's real life body horror. To be fair, Hollywood achieved similar in The Thing.
User avatar
Sy Borg
Site Admin
Posts: 15385
Joined: December 16th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Re: What has God actually done wrong ?

Post by Sy Borg »

Joshua10 wrote: June 26th, 2023, 10:08 amWe are NOT consciousness.
Obviously. Nor are turtles, wallabies or ant lions.

I never said it so I don't see why you're directing this at me.
User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 7226
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: What has God actually done wrong ?

Post by Sculptor1 »

Sy Borg wrote: June 26th, 2023, 5:00 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: June 26th, 2023, 7:06 am
Sy Borg wrote: June 26th, 2023, 6:56 am
Sculptor1 wrote: June 26th, 2023, 3:55 am

No. But I have had stage 4 tonsil cancer in 2008.
God gave me cancer, science gave me the cure.

I just think that teratoma is a particularly gruesome and nasty form of cancer.
Glad it's just an example of something wrong done by God, if mythological entities actually existed.
Have you seen a teratoma?
Hollywood studio's have not come up with something so horrific yet.
I just visited Googled Images. I see your point. It's real life body horror. To be fair, Hollywood achieved similar in The Thing.
Yes, as I typed that "The Thing" came to mind. I think when there is one growing in a child's eye for real. Or a bizarre twin growing from the emerging gonads of a teenager "The Thing" looks like Disney.
User avatar
Sy Borg
Site Admin
Posts: 15385
Joined: December 16th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Re: What has God actually done wrong ?

Post by Sy Borg »

Sculptor1 wrote: June 26th, 2023, 5:25 pm
Sy Borg wrote: June 26th, 2023, 5:00 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: June 26th, 2023, 7:06 am
Sy Borg wrote: June 26th, 2023, 6:56 am

Glad it's just an example of something wrong done by God, if mythological entities actually existed.
Have you seen a teratoma?
Hollywood studio's have not come up with something so horrific yet.
I just visited Googled Images. I see your point. It's real life body horror. To be fair, Hollywood achieved similar in The Thing.
Yes, as I typed that "The Thing" came to mind. I think when there is one growing in a child's eye for real. Or a bizarre twin growing from the emerging gonads of a teenager "The Thing" looks like Disney.
Disney is more like The Blob, that grows by consuming everything in its path.
Joshua10
Posts: 1135
Joined: March 20th, 2021, 4:07 am

Re: What has God actually done wrong ?

Post by Joshua10 »

The only science in nature that produces full binary logic is electromagnetic science.The electromagnetic fields that saturate the universe are not there for show and it is no accident that everything spins within these electromagnetic fields producing full logic by their magnetic force interactions with all other spinning objects thus creating a vibratory balance of these forces.Its this science that can be related to the workings of the brain and the brain/mind interface and not the theories that have recently failed by observation.
User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 7226
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: What has God actually done wrong ?

Post by Sculptor1 »

Sy Borg wrote: June 26th, 2023, 5:38 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: June 26th, 2023, 5:25 pm
Sy Borg wrote: June 26th, 2023, 5:00 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: June 26th, 2023, 7:06 am

Have you seen a teratoma?
Hollywood studio's have not come up with something so horrific yet.
I just visited Googled Images. I see your point. It's real life body horror. To be fair, Hollywood achieved similar in The Thing.
Yes, as I typed that "The Thing" came to mind. I think when there is one growing in a child's eye for real. Or a bizarre twin growing from the emerging gonads of a teenager "The Thing" looks like Disney.
Disney is more like The Blob, that grows by consuming everything in its path.
Like the Abrahamic religions
User avatar
whateverist
Posts: 61
Joined: June 20th, 2023, 4:17 pm
Favorite Philosopher: McGilchrist
Location: California, US

Re: What has God actually done wrong ?

Post by whateverist »

I looked at the original post and the last two pages. Don't know what to say about what it is God has or could have done wrong. Is it to be assumed that whatever it is "God" refers to is person-like and acts or doesn't act for purposes the way we would? I'd have to hear some compelling reason to think that. If it is just because of some authority being given to an old book, I would doubt it is even being understood correctly.

But which is it? Is God a monster or non-existent? I don't see how both can be true. I have to doubt that what has given rise to belief in God is anything like a person. But what it is might just be an aspect of the consciousness we experience as embodied beings. We are not consciousness but perhaps consciousness shapes what it is we become. But certainly we exhibit and experience first hand what is referred to as "consciousness". If that has anything to do with electromagnetism I've read no reason here to think that is correct.

Any discussion of whether God is benevolent or malevolent should begin by pinning down what it is we are talking about. I think there is something real, dynamic and important that supports God belief, I just don't think it is a being anything like a person.
Joshua10
Posts: 1135
Joined: March 20th, 2021, 4:07 am

Re: What has God actually done wrong ?

Post by Joshua10 »

Sy Borg wrote: June 24th, 2023, 6:05 pm
LuckyR wrote: June 24th, 2023, 1:49 am
Joshua10 wrote: Can you definitively prove there is no God though? You definitely know you can’t prove it so why make such foolish statements when you could be wrong? What you mean is that you HOPE there is no God.
Oh, you so don't understand me. I have always said that gods exist, since they do. Though gods exist inter-subjectively, not objectively. That is to say gods exist in the minds of their followers, just as corporations, countries and money do. Everyone agrees Germany exists, gods exist the same way.
Nicely put, Lucky. If we want to look for our Creator, we need only look up at the sky during a cloudless day. It comprises 99.8% of the mass of its system and beams sustaining energy down to us. It is the creator and maintainer of the Earth, whose surface grew a thin film of biology about four billion years ago, and has been in a state of alternating gentrification ever since.

The constant change is inconvenient to Earth's denizens. Conditions on the planet's surface can be so brutal and unforgiving that, if people believed themselves to be the most important beings in reality, they might figure that their creator had stuffed up.

Why is is life so harsh? Why must life only persist through the death or exploitation of other entities? Many observers claim that Earth must be Hell, but how would they explain the many happy people - from lucky billionaires to philosophical poor people? What about pampered dogs and cats? Are they living in Hell?

If reality is not all about humans and their emotions, however, humanity is simply one system within a Russian doll configuration of systems and subsystems. The conscious parts of these systems manage as best they can. Sometimes they need to invent myths about reality to cope.
You mention a system.You are correct to mention a system.The reason Tesla nonchalantly flicked Einsteins theories off his shoulder as nonsense non starter half logic theories was because Einstein incorrectly thought the electromagnetic forces in nature cancel out.Tesla knew that they didn’t.Tesla was way way way ahead of Einstein scientifically and Einstein knew it.Einstein was just a mathematician for goodness sake who was unsure of himself which is why he referred to Tesla when asked what it was like to be the cleverest person in the world.Tesla didn’t need the adulation because he knew what he was talking about.
Kathy Pierce 7
Premium Member
Posts: 8
Joined: June 11th, 2023, 1:51 am

Re: What has God actually done wrong ?

Post by Kathy Pierce 7 »

God has done nothing wrong, I believe in him always and forever. He is my hard rock and soul.
popeye1945
Posts: 1126
Joined: October 22nd, 2020, 2:22 am

Re: What has God actually done wrong ?

Post by popeye1945 »

God has created, APPARENTLY, a world where life lives upon life, what kind of caring loving God would create such a nightmare?
User avatar
Lagayscienza
Posts: 2281
Joined: February 8th, 2015, 3:27 am
Favorite Philosopher: Hume Nietzsche
Location: Antipodes

Re: What has God actually done wrong ?

Post by Lagayscienza »

If a god existed, he would be responsible for the good (what there is of it) and all of the bad. If he existed, and if were omniscient, omnipotent and omnibenevolent, he should have been capable of much better. Overall, in the circumstances, I would award him an F. His work is slap-dash. It needs much more care and thought. If he is tri- "O" gifted as some would have it, he should have been capable of an A+.
La Gaya Scienza
Post Reply

Return to “Philosophy of Religion, Theism and Mythology”

2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Advent of Time: A Solution to the Problem of Evil...

The Advent of Time: A Solution to the Problem of Evil...
by Indignus Servus
November 2024

Reconceptualizing Mental Illness in the Digital Age

Reconceptualizing Mental Illness in the Digital Age
by Elliott B. Martin, Jr.
October 2024

How is God Involved in Evolution?

How is God Involved in Evolution?
by Joe P. Provenzano, Ron D. Morgan, and Dan R. Provenzano
August 2024

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
by Howard Wolk
July 2024

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side
by Thomas Richard Spradlin
June 2024

Neither Safe Nor Effective

Neither Safe Nor Effective
by Dr. Colleen Huber
May 2024

Now or Never

Now or Never
by Mary Wasche
April 2024

Meditations

Meditations
by Marcus Aurelius
March 2024

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

The In-Between: Life in the Micro

The In-Between: Life in the Micro
by Christian Espinosa
January 2024

2023 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
by Dr Frank L Douglas
August 2021

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts
by Mark L. Wdowiak
September 2021

The Preppers Medical Handbook

The Preppers Medical Handbook
by Dr. William W Forgey M.D.
October 2021

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
by Dr. Gustavo Kinrys, MD
November 2021

Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir

Dream For Peace
by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah
December 2021