God is an Impossibility.

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
Jacob10

Re: God is an Impossibility.

Post by Jacob10 »

Jacob10 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 1:24 am Any physicist who has a belief system that an electromagnetic field is identical in every aspect to the two forces it creates is going to produce incorrect science.As I have already explained you cannot compare the elephant with its leg and trunk no more than you can claim that a trunk is a leg and a leg is a trunk.

I understand real science my friend.I am not remotely interested in made up science.
You can only perfectly match an elephant with an identical elephant, each elephant having a leg and trunk which are different.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Jacob10 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 9:46 am
Jacob10 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 1:24 am Any physicist who has a belief system that an electromagnetic field is identical in every aspect to the two forces it creates is going to produce incorrect science.As I have already explained you cannot compare the elephant with its leg and trunk no more than you can claim that a trunk is a leg and a leg is a trunk.

I understand real science my friend.I am not remotely interested in made up science.
You can only perfectly match an elephant with an identical elephant, each elephant having a leg and trunk which are different.
This has nothing to do with the thread topic, unless you are arguing that God is magnetism.

If you insist on rambling off-topic non-sequiturs to yourself, could you please at least provide sources so others can have some idea what you are trying to say?
Astro Cat
Favorite Philosopher: Bernard dEspagnat

Post by Astro Cat »

For the record I took two semesters of E&M as an undergrad and then again (two more semesters) at the graduate level.

E&M is considered classically solved, and has been for a long time. The amount that physicists know about electromagnetism exceeds what even I know by far (as I am not a solid state physicist or the like, I was able to stop there). So it's absurd to me when people try to mystify something as well-known as E&M.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."
--Richard Feynman
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Heh and I remember the first time we started magnetism. "Oh, it's just electricity with different symbols. This is going to be eas-- wait, what's that? Oh no. Oh... oh god. Please, no."

I had the distinct "pleasure" of working through Jackson's "Classical Electrodynamics," an infamous test of physics grads' sanity. It still sits on my shelf, and I contemplate burning it still.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."
--Richard Feynman
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Astro Cat wrote: June 20th, 2022, 11:06 pm For the record I took two semesters of E&M as an undergrad and then again (two more semesters) at the graduate level.

E&M is considered classically solved, and has been for a long time. The amount that physicists know about electromagnetism exceeds what even I know by far (as I am not a solid state physicist or the like, I was able to stop there). So it's absurd to me when people try to mystify something as well-known as E&M.
Maybe someone Jacob knows has spoken to someone who has heard of these ideas, added 2 and 2 and came away with 22? https://www.quantamagazine.org/the-hidd ... -20200702/

Ultimately, Jacob wants to give the impression that scientists are fools who have no idea what they are talking about. If that is so, then their proofs that undermine Biblical claims can be ignored. Theists have been trying to undermine science for centuries, and always for the same reason - because science sees them just go to sleep (maybe with some fabulous near-death dreams) when they die while religion says that he, and everyone he loved who died, never really die.
Jacob10

Post by Jacob10 »

Sy Borg wrote: June 20th, 2022, 8:41 pm
Jacob10 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 9:46 am

This has nothing to do with the thread topic, unless you are arguing that God is magnetism.

If you insist on rambling off-topic non-sequiturs to yourself, could you please at least provide sources so others can have some idea what you are trying to say?
It has absolutely everything to do with the thread topic.

Of course I am not arguing that a God can be defined as magnetism.I am saying that electromagnetic fields produce 2 different forces in nature and this has been definitively proved by 2 magnets 4 interactions of NN…NS….SN…SS….which produce 2 attractions and 2 repulsions.

If your stance is correct then we should observe 4 repulsions.

I can get you 2 magnets if you want so you can check it out for yourself.

You will then have your source.
Jacob10

Post by Jacob10 »

Sy Borg wrote: June 21st, 2022, 12:00 am
Astro Cat wrote: June 20th, 2022, 11:06 pm For the record I took two semesters of E&M as an undergrad and then again (two more semesters) at the graduate level.

Maybe someone Jacob knows has spoken to someone who has heard of these ideas, added 2 and 2 and came away with 22? https://www.quantamagazine.org/the-hidd ... -20200702/

Ultimately, Jacob wants to give the impression that scientists are fools who have no idea what they are talking about. If that is so, then their proofs that undermine Biblical claims can be ignored. Theists have been trying to undermine science for centuries, and always for the same reason - because science sees them just go to sleep (maybe with some fabulous near-death dreams) when they die while religion says that he, and everyone he loved who died, never really die.
Well anyone who claims there is no God without definitive proof is a fool wouldn’t you think?…..and don’t say science has definitive proof because that just brings out the yawns….

Scientists claim all matter came from and will exit into single points (hole) and yet all matter is entering and exiting many many holes all the time and this has been definitively confirmed by observation.This is precisely why their flagship theories are floundering on the rocks and they know it but are too arrogant to admit it.

You can’t take these secular scientists seriously.

As I have already said…if you let secularist loose with science then it will all go “belly up” and it has.

You keep listening to these fools if you want.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Jacob10 wrote: June 21st, 2022, 2:29 am

Well anyone who claims there is no God without definitive proof is a fool wouldn’t you think?…..and don’t say science has definitive proof because that just brings out the yawns….

Scientists claim all matter came from and will exit into single points (hole) and yet all matter is entering and exiting many many holes all the time and this has been definitively confirmed by observation.This is precisely why their flagship theories are floundering on the rocks and they know it but are too arrogant to admit it.

As I have already said…if you let secularist loose with science then it will all go “belly up” and it has.

Thanks for demonstrating my point, Jacob. I like how you added spice with neurotically hostile ad hominems directed towards the scientifically literate. Insulting them harms your credibility, not theirs.

Logically, what is more credible:

1. A book written by anonymous authors, who believed that the Earth was flat and that bacterial disease was demonic possession?

2. A body of knowledge built up over millennia, being continually refined and improved with ever greater rigour?
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Also I’m curious Jacob10 , do you believe that physicists have never played with bar magnets before?

Do you believe physicists haven’t observed how they interact?

I’m just confused by your example and the relevance you think it has. You seem to imply that it refutes a century of E&M science, but I don’t get the thought process. Do you think physicists have an E&M conspiracy, but that they just hope nobody gets out bar magnets to prove their century of work “wrong” somehow?
--Richard Feynman
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

What’s more likely Jacob10, that you have discovered using the simplest of bar magnets that all of physics is wrong, or that maybe you don’t understand the physics?
--Richard Feynman
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

(This is why I need an edit function lol).

Jacob10 I’m not trying to be rude with my questions, just struggling to understand.
--Richard Feynman
Jacob10

Post by Jacob10 »

Astro Cat wrote: June 21st, 2022, 3:20 am (This is why I need an edit function lol).

@Jacob10 I’m not trying to be rude with my questions, just struggling to understand.
…..and I am struggling to understand scientist logic that makes them think that the 2 forces in nature are the same in every single aspect when clearly they are not………

The direction of the electromagnetic field flow through a bar magnet clearly produces 2 different forces in nature that when interacting produce different results.

The electromagnetic field is the common denominator for these differing forces yes.

Explain why the 4 magnetic interactions are not identical if there is just one common force.

This is a fundamental point that dictates the whole of scientific philosophy.
Jacob10

Post by Jacob10 »

Sy Borg wrote: June 21st, 2022, 3:04 am
Jacob10 wrote: June 21st, 2022, 2:29 am

Thanks for demonstrating my point, Jacob. I like how you added spice with neurotically hostile ad hominems directed towards the scientifically literate. Insulting them harms your credibility, not theirs.

Logically, what is more credible:

1. A book written by anonymous authors, who believed that the Earth was flat and that bacterial disease was demonic possession?

2. A body of knowledge built up over millennia, being continually refined and improved with ever greater rigour?
Hey come on if secularist have been misguiding us all with their incorrect science then don’t you think that they deserve a bit of criticism? What do you want me to say sorry? Sorry for what?…that they have been misguiding us all with their incorrect science.Why would I want to apologies for that? They should be apologising to us.You have got everything the wrong way around.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Jacob10 wrote: June 21st, 2022, 3:42 am The direction of the electromagnetic field flow through a bar magnet clearly produces 2 different forces in nature that when interacting produce different results.
How do you imagine this? There are 2 directions in a 1-dimensional universe, but we live in an at least 3-dimensional universe. Shouldn't then there be as many EM forces, as there are 3D directions?
True philosophy points to the Moon
Jacob10

Post by Jacob10 »

Atla wrote: June 21st, 2022, 12:28 pm
Jacob10 wrote: June 21st, 2022, 3:42 am The direction of the electromagnetic field flow through a bar magnet clearly produces 2 different forces in nature that when interacting produce different results.
How do you imagine this? There are 2 directions in a 1-dimensional universe, but we live in an at least 3-dimensional universe. Shouldn't then there be as many EM forces, as there are 3D directions?
There are two different magnetic forces in the universe created by electromagnetic fields.The universe is saturated with electromagnetic fields.Things spin in the universe at both macro and micro levels and this spin is caused by the electromagnetic fields.They don’t spin as a result of nonsense theories that secular scientists have dreamt up.

Return to “Philosophy of Religion, Theism and Mythology”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream