What is the Purpose of the Bible?

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
jerlands

Re: What is the Purpose of the Bible?

Post by jerlands »

Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 1:31 am From the Xtian tradition
I seems to me that you're somewhat put off by the concept of Satan and am wondering what your thoughts are on this?
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

jerlands wrote: February 11th, 2018, 6:08 am
Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 1:31 am From the Xtian tradition
I seems to me that you're somewhat put off by the concept of Satan and am wondering what your thoughts are on this?
Metaphorically, the only 'devil'/Satan that I have found, is the one sitting on (y)our own shoulder, whispering sweet nothings into (y)our eagerly straining ears; Our own thoughts/ego.

It was thought/ego, Knowledge, from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, that we willingly plucked.
Ever since, that thought/knowledge has been whispering into our eager ears.

As far as a literal autonomous creature, distinct from God, thwarting 'God's Plan' (tm), other than as metaphor, is impossible. If one accepts 'God' as 'Omni-', One!, there can be no 'other'.
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

jerlands wrote: February 11th, 2018, 3:24 am
Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 1:31 am From the philosophical/scientific Perspective, that would be the second kibosh; 'causality/creation' is impossible!
Would you mind explaining this thought to me?
Sure.
From the point of 'causality';
'Cause and effect' (a theory of a mirage, linear temporal illusion) is a clumsy way to say "two mutually arising opposite Perspective of the same One Reality!"
The immediacy of the Holism of Reality, the synchrony of moments of which Reality is comprised, precludes 'time' and 'motion'. It Existence is not a strand of moments next to each other, although that is how often perceived, but all Here! Now! a synchrony of moments.
Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 1:31 am That is why beliefs and rational logic cannot occupy the same ball park amicably. They are different critters.
The "Nicene Creed" I believe in one "God" the father almighty creator of heaven and earth... Does that sentence contain only belief or does it also contain some logical structure?
Of course the sentence, itself, is a coherent logical structure of words.
For the logical structure to hold, the scientific/philosophical logic of 'creation/causality' must remain sound.
It doesn't.
Thus the 'belief' in such a structure... transcends... the strictures of the logic to which science and philosophy are bound. It cannot be logically supported.

In my studies, I have found 'beliefs' to be, rather than rational thought, a pathologically symptomatic infection of thought/ego, caught and spread rather than rationally, tentatively accepted.
The symptoms are consistent no matter the particular strain of 'belief'.
Most common and obvious is that 'beliefs' must constantly be defended, justified/fed, and propagated, spread, like any other virus/parasite/malware.
'Faith', in comparison, needs no such symptomatic behavior; Faith is a Virtue of unconditional Love, and 'belief' is of conditional the ego/thought.)
Belief is often confused with Faith.
As 'belief' is of the ego, we identify with our beliefs; to threaten a belief is to threaten the person!
And defense is total!
Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 1:31 am Nevertheless, there is One Truth/Reality/Universe... God... Self!... and all that is ever perceived from any Perspective is still Us! Truth is all inclusive; even of the schizophrenics who cannot see that.
Even of the most insane 'beliefs'.
All God.
I understand the concept of "All God" and I also understand "God" is something possibly incomprehensible so to start declaring what "God" is might be a bit presumptuous?

It wasn't me who came up with 'Omni-', but is is 'me' who has experience/Knowledge of the Omni-.
There is nothing presumptuous in declaring one's experience, though it can surely appear so from certain Perspectives. Balance.
One never goes wrong with anything following God Is!
Why do you think that the bible has God answering "I Am that I Am" when asked who/what is 'He'?
All is Truth!
The trouble begins with the schizophrenia of separation, the perceived duality and 'believing' it!
Who predates on Self?
Who cheats and robs and is violent to Self?
No one ever deliberately harms another who does not host some belief or other!
Even logic supports the Omni- vision.
All inclusive is unconditional Love, Heaven.
Anything else is Hell.
How do we know everything is "God?" How do you explain acts like murder? Is murder something "God" brought into the world?
Experience = Knowledge.
When you have a mystical experience, you will Know.

The bible says that God judges, yes God does judge when YOU judge. But beware being judged by God (the next guy) by the same judgment.
One does well to live in Love and not to play the ignorant judgment game. Or so the bible says.

That you judge 'acts' is your problem. From one Perspective, the Jews', it was a good thing about God drowning all those bad old Egyptians! From the Egyptian Perspective, it was murderous!
Balance appears to be an integral feature of the Perfection of the Whole.
In all duality, wherever there is an up, there is a down, a good, an evil, an in, an out...
Transcending duality, thought/ego, levels all those dualities, achieves Perfect Balance; where all apparent disequilibriums are resolved! (see; 'chrono-synclastic infundibulum')
The 'Middle Way', that place midway between all opposite Perspectives (throughout the Universe!
"For every Perspective, there is an equal and opposite Perspective!" - First Law of Soul Dynamics
Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 1:31 am I'm hearing an awful lot of judgment in here, a lot of munching on the Forbidden Fruit (tm).
I don't know what religion you are, but those of the bible are warned against such judgments, no?
There can be no 'judgment' in Love (Jesus' only requirement of a follower).
In unconditional Love, one cannot see 'evil/bad/good...', one sees the Beloved!
I guess then Jesus overturning the tables of the money changers and angrily accusing them of turning his house into a den of thieves was what?

An egoic act.
He did not say that he'd recognize his followers by their egoic conditional acts but by their unconditional Love. That was the message!
All 'gurus' must be 'flawed' in such ways. He was human, after all, like God.
But if you put that isolated incident, and the isolated incident of his blasting the fig tree against the entire message, they fade, with his 'humanity/ego' into that Light of his message, unconditional Love!
This act recognizes wrong, it recognizes error and there are numerous examples in the New Testament of Jesus admonishing wrong i.e., judgement.
Then you are missing, in that self-righteous judgmental egoic opium of the superiority of judgment of others, Jesus' true message.
The entire bible tells us not to judge, to Love, but from a few spikes on the graph, a few stories that need to be deleted in the critical update, you are justifying your sin.
Not an uncommon maneuver of the ego.
jerlands

Post by jerlands »

Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 7:56 am
jerlands wrote: February 11th, 2018, 6:08 am
Metaphorically, the only 'devil'/Satan that I have found, is the one sitting on (y)our own shoulder, whispering sweet nothings into (y)our eagerly straining ears; Our own thoughts/ego.

It was thought/ego, Knowledge, from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, that we willingly plucked.

As far as a literal autonomous creature, distinct from God, thwarting 'God's Plan' (tm), other than as metaphor, is impossible. If one accepts 'God' as 'Omni-', One!, there can be no 'other'.
Here's one Kabbalistic view of creation through the process of Tzimtzum (note the dualistic term.)
Creating Space
In the creation myth of ancient Judaic mysticism, God creates the universe by a process dubbed tzimtzum, which in Hebrew means a sort of stepping back to allow for there to be an Other, an Else, as in something or someone else.

The process of Tzimtzum is however something that has been reasoned (logic) and what filled that space is, I believe, very controversial. It's said "God" sacrificed himself in creation so if that holds true I would think creation was something very important to "God." What was so important I believe is not understood and might be considered unknowable but I think there are things in creation that might give us insight into that. Referring again to the universal entropic force of dark matter that metaphorically leads to chaos and disorder; it is Life that is the order in the universe that arises from opposition to chaos. Chaos therefore is part of "God's" creation but is only a reflection of a notion that may have been the causal inspiration for creation.
We think of Satan as that element in our world that leads to chaos and disorder (the lie) but also as something cast to earth as man was born from the earth, incarnate and real in the sense of present.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
jerlands

Post by jerlands »

Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 8:48 am The trouble begins with the schizophrenia of separation, the perceived duality and 'believing' it!
Who predates on Self?
Anything else is Hell.
Schizophrenia, the schism of the mind, is a separation from reality. It is the state the world is presently in and this is known because the true presence of "God" isn't seen. You might pretend to have great insight and possibly do but we are not individuals but in reality merely part of a whole that we cannot escape because of what we are. The whole needs to unite in truth for the presence of "God" to be known. That thought can be conceived as a puzzle piece where each has its place and why the loss of a soul is such a tragic event.
jerlands

Post by jerlands »

Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 7:56 am If one accepts 'God' as 'Omni-', One!, there can be no 'other'.
I hope you can sort through that last post. I was distracted and hit submit before preview and as you point out.. no edit function.
jerlands

Post by jerlands »

So I've cleaned it up...

Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 8:48 am The trouble begins with the schizophrenia of separation, the perceived duality and 'believing' it!
Who predates on Self?
Anything else is Hell.
Schizophrenia, the schism of the mind, is a separation from reality. It is the state the world is presently in and this is known because the true presence of "God" isn't seen. You might pretend to have great insight and possibly do but we are not individuals but in reality merely part of a whole that we cannot escape because of what we are. The whole needs to unite in truth for the presence of "God" to be known. That thought can be conceived as a puzzle piece where each has its place and why the loss of a soul is such a tragic event.
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

jerlands wrote: February 11th, 2018, 4:38 pm
Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 7:56 am

Here's one Kabbalistic view of creation through the process of Tzimtzum (note the dualistic term.)
Following is the necessity of the 'dualist/ego/thought' that anything may be perceived. A contextless, completely transcendent, unconditional Omni- One cannot be Known by Consciousness. Thus is the momentary (timeless) fragmentation grenade of thought/ego/duality. Like shattering a transparent piece of glass so that it can finally be perceived.
But the observed is not really schizophrenically fragmented, God/We is unchanging, but merely appears so for experiencing/Knowing to occur.
Creating Space
In the creation myth of ancient Judaic mysticism, God creates the universe by a process dubbed tzimtzum, which in Hebrew means a sort of stepping back to allow for there to be an Other, an Else, as in something or someone else.
The whole thing violates Occam's Razor.
In order to 'make it work', we have to keep adding complexity on complexity, spiraling out of rationality and logic into a form of 'emotional logic' in support of an already established bias.
I say, on the other hand, that all paths, no matter how measured or distant, sincerely and mindfully followed, all lead into the mystical One! Self!
There is no One 'else'. *__-
The process of Tzimtzum is however something that has been reasoned (logic) and what filled that space is, I believe, very controversial.

See how one must bend over backwards to justify a belief, or an unexamined assumption?
In order for there to be 'creation', the One and Only must schizophrenically fragment himself into individual autonomous bits and pieces and blah, and blah and blah... and on until one's belief/assumption is justified. It goes around in spirals getting ever immersed in the ego/duality illusion, eyes ever more tightly closed. Such 'reasoning' (emotional, rather than intellectual) never 'resolves' itself.
All things 'resolve' in 'One Omni- unchanging, all inclusive Reality/God/Self!
There can be no 'other', really, other than in tales, mythos, etc...

Perhaps if you imagined the 'Big Bang' (as commonly imagined) as, rather than any sort of beginning of a material/physical Universe, like the cartoon light-bulb that goes on over the head of someone who just gets a good idea, the entirety of existence, the Complete Omni- Divine Self! is suddenly Self Aware, absolutely, completely!!
All in a single timeless moment of epiphany!
Talk about a metaphoric 'Big Bang', and then, well, no 'then... never was.
Timeless epiphany, 'this duality' is how we can perceive Us.

"God cannot know himself without me." - Meister Eckhart

"The eye by which I see God is the same as the eye by which God sees me. My eye and God's eye are one and the same." - Meister Eckhart
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

jerlands wrote: February 11th, 2018, 4:51 pmSchizophrenia, the schism of the mind, is a separation from reality.

Reality/Truth/God... is One!
Schizophrenia is the fragmentation of that which is One.
Either God is schizophrenic (and, of course We are! What are We not?), or We believe the schizophrenia of appearances, insanity is what it is, what We Are.
But the sincere seeker will find Truth.
It is the state the world is presently in and this is known because the true presence of "God" isn't seen.

I think that there are many with actual experience/Knowledge who might disagree with such an assertion and judgment.
You might pretend to have great insight and possibly do but we are not individuals but in reality merely part of a whole that we cannot escape because of what we are. The whole needs to unite in truth for the presence of "God" to be known. That thought can be conceived as a puzzle piece where each has its place and why

'S what I've been saying; We Are the One Omni- God, that there can be not anything 'else'!

"Perhaps it is the curvature of space that, like a funhouse mirror distorting our own reflection, we imagine strangers." - Mythopoeicon

I like to use the elephant parable;

Seven blind men surround and touch/examine an elephant. The one touching his tail exclaims that it is like a hairy snake... etc... That perspective is actually correct, but it is also quite limited. If the man wished to move the elephant to the other side of a wall, he might be led to think that he can get it through a small hole in the wall. Obviously, he will run into trouble and, perhaps, frustration and anger...
All the time he has been arguing with the others around the elephant regarding their 'perspectives'. Ego declares 'rightness' which gives rise to 'wrongness', and everyone knows that 'I' cannot be 'wrong'.. etc...
The other fellows around the elephant are finding the same problems of 'their' perspective.

All perspectives are correct, all are limited/incomplete (some more so than others).

If one of the men listened to the others and accepted the testimony (tentatively, of course) of another, experience will show that there will be less 'problems' with the elephant, the larger the perspective (inclusive of other perspectives rather than egoically contesting them).
The 'sum' of two perspectives = one new unique 'wider/deeper' perspective. Still limited/incomplete, but more 'useful' than either one of the component perspectives.

Every Perspective is unique every moment!

"For every Perspective, there is an equal and opposite Perspective!" - The First Law of Soul Dynamics

"The complete Universe (Reality/Truth/God/'Self!'/Tao/Brahman... or any feature herein...) can be completely defined/described as the synchronous sum-total of all Perspectives!" - Book of Fudd
ALL INCLUSIVE!!!
Win/win!

"The acceptance and understanding of other Perspectives furthers our acquaintance with Reality!"

All unique (Perspectives/perceptions) 'knowledge' is perceived by 'One' Consciousness.

tat tvam asi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tat_Tvam_Asi)

the loss of a soul is such a tragic event.
Souls can't be lost as Souls cannot be owned as Souls do not exist for more than a single moment..

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly." --Richard Bach
jerlands

Post by jerlands »

Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 9:36 pm
jerlands wrote: February 11th, 2018, 4:38 pm
Following is the necessity of the 'dualist/ego/thought' that anything may be perceived. A contextless, completely transcendent, unconditional Omni- One cannot be Known by Consciousness. Thus is the momentary (timeless) fragmentation grenade of thought/ego/duality. Like shattering a transparent piece of glass so that it can finally be perceived.
You claim the omni-one cannot be know by consciousness so how is the omni-one know or is this possible?
Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 9:36 pm But the observed is not really schizophrenically fragmented, God/We is unchanging, but merely appears so for experiencing/Knowing to occur.

So the point of creation is the experience in knowing?
Creating Space
In order to 'make it work', we have to keep adding complexity on complexity, spiraling out of rationality and logic into a form of 'emotional logic' in support of an already established bias.
I say, on the other hand, that all paths, no matter how measured or distant, sincerely and mindfully followed, all lead into the mystical One! Self!

I believe you denied duality? Why is the left a mirror of the right?

The process of Tzimtzum is however something that has been reasoned (logic) and what filled that space is, I believe, very controversial.

See how one must bend over backwards to justify a belief, or an unexamined assumption?
In order for there to be 'creation', the One and Only must schizophrenically fragment himself into individual autonomous bits and pieces and blah,
The only way for me to communicate with you is through logic, reasoning (word) that is common to both. An elemental form of logic is number which is fundamentally tied to form. 0,1,2,3 etc., are all notions of a concept and that concept is expressed in both symbol and myth.
Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 9:36 pm and blah and blah... and on until one's belief/assumption is justified. It goes around in spirals getting ever immersed in the ego/duality illusion, eyes ever more tightly closed. Such 'reasoning' (emotional, rather than intellectual) never 'resolves' itself.
All things 'resolve' in 'One Omni- unchanging, all inclusive Reality/God/Self!
There can be no 'other', really, other than in tales, mythos, etc...

Perhaps if you imagined the 'Big Bang' (as commonly imagined) as, rather than any sort of beginning of a material/physical Universe, like the cartoon light-bulb that goes on over the head of someone who just gets a good idea, the entirety of existence, the Complete Omni- Divine Self! is suddenly Self Aware, absolutely, completely!!
All in a single timeless moment of epiphany!
Talk about a metaphoric 'Big Bang', and then, well, no 'then... never was.
Timeless epiphany, 'this duality' is how we can perceive Us.

"God cannot know himself without me." - Meister Eckhart

"The eye by which I see God is the same as the eye by which God sees me. My eye and God's eye are one and the same." - Meister Eckhart
It seems to me you want to dismiss Biblical teachings in this discussion but this is what the discussion is about. The purpose of the Bible.
jerlands

Post by jerlands »

Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 9:51 pm
the loss of a soul is such a tragic event.
Souls can't be lost as Souls cannot be owned as Souls do not exist for more than a single moment..

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly." --Richard Bach
You're claiming there isn't injustice? Was there not injustice in the holocaust?
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

jerlands wrote: February 11th, 2018, 10:26 pm
You claim the omni-one cannot be know by consciousness so how is the omni-one know or is this possible?
The only way that We can be Known (to the One Universal Consciousness/Self!) is by the 'diffraction' presented by the duality of the ego, each individual unique Perspective, us.
"God cannot Know 'OurSelf' without Us!" - op cit
Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 9:36 pm But the observed is not really schizophrenically fragmented, God/We is unchanging, but merely appears so for experiencing/Knowing to occur.

So the point of creation is the experience in knowing?
If the point is the function, then, yes, it is Self! Knowledge!
A moment of Divine Epiphany!

I believe you denied duality? Why is the left a mirror of the right?
Denied duality? We ARE God's ego, all we can perceive is by 'duality'.
Just because a map aids us in understanding the terrain, the map is not the terrain. The finger is not the moon.
The apparent duality by which all is Known is not the Reality.
In order for there to be 'creation', the One and Only must schizophrenically fragment himself into individual autonomous bits and pieces and blah,
The only way for me to communicate with you is through logic, reasoning (word) that is common to both.

And yet I have demonstrated the different forms of structural logic between philosophical/scientific logic, complete with fallacies and rules, and 'emotional logic' with much more... flexible rules.. well, no rules other than validating ones biases.
One can form a sentence that makes structural sense, yet says nonsense and gibberish.
It seems to me you want to dismiss Biblical teachings in this discussion but this is what the discussion is about. The purpose of the Bible.
I have used biblical quotes, when they are Enlightened.
You, yourself have already agreed that the book needs a critical update, so you cannot, obviously, take the entire thing literally?
So, the so-called teachings' that are not Enlightened, that lead into sin, that justify sin, that point in other directions then intended, that were added by priests and popes and people with agendas, that were mistakenly added into cannon by scribes that should have left them in the margins of comment, etc... etc... etc...
Yes, I dismiss erroneous 'teachings';
'Satan, himself, comes as an angel of Light!' - bible
I especially dismiss teachings that my own experience bears to be false and unenlightened/unLoving!
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

jerlands wrote: February 11th, 2018, 10:41 pm
Namelesss wrote: February 11th, 2018, 9:51 pm

You're claiming there isn't injustice? Was there not injustice in the holocaust?
As I said, it is a matter of Perspective.
Those involved in the discernment and judgment of 'justice' (usually spelled; r-e-v-e-n-g-e) deal with such meaninglesness.
The quote still says it all; we never have enough information to judge fairly.
All 'might right arms that strike down are God's mighty right arm!
All that are struck down is God!
All genes thereby skimmed from the gene pool are God's.
All lifted up by blah, blah...
Get it?
No, the Holocaust, from here, is neither a justice nor an injustice.
We all have our time ti die, and it is always just perfectly at the right time and place and manner that we need!
All is Perfection, already, when all is God.
All Love is Self! Love!
All judgment is Self! judgment!
All hate is Self! hate!
All Compassion...
jerlands

Post by jerlands »

Namelesss wrote: February 12th, 2018, 1:53 am
jerlands wrote: February 11th, 2018, 10:41 pm
Those involved in the discernment and judgment of 'justice' (usually spelled; r-e-v-e-n-g-e) deal with such meaninglesness.
Think of justice when your belongings are taken away, your wife raped and your children murdered. That's the way it's supposed to be 'eh and karma will do the rest? But that will never happen to you right? We're taught the concept of justice at a very early age as "do unto others."
Namelesss wrote: February 12th, 2018, 1:53 am The quote still says it all; we never have enough information to judge fairly.
You're implying civilization is unfounded. Not needed and unnecessary. Justice is the basis for order and without order you'd simply have chaos. We're given a concept of justice at a very early age as "do unto others."
Namelesss wrote: February 12th, 2018, 1:53 am All 'might right arms that strike down are God's mighty right arm!
Get it?
Rise and fall it doesn't matter as everything is already "God" so what's the fuss? Is that correct?
Namelesss wrote: February 12th, 2018, 1:53 am No, the Holocaust, from here, is neither a justice nor an injustice.
We all have our time ti die, and it is always just perfectly at the right time and place and manner that we need!
All Love is Self! Love!
All hate is Self! hate!
All Compassion...
The problem I see in this philosophy is nothing matters. Strike another and so what? Or am I not getting the picture?
Namelesss

Post by Namelesss »

jerlands wrote: February 12th, 2018, 3:30 am
Namelesss wrote: February 12th, 2018, 1:53 am
Think of justice when your belongings are taken away, your wife raped and your children murdered.

So, is this the old attempt to show disingenuity and dismiss by saying that "you wouldn't think so if it were your family, etc... etc... etc..."?
Can you understand the meaning of the quote or not?
Justice, as practiced legally, personally, is revenge, a devolved, sinful, behavior.
Locking someone in prison to be tortured for something over which he had no choice is insanity.
We're taught the concept of justice at a very early age as "do unto others."
Let me help you out with the correct translation of that quote;
"Do NOT do to others what you DON'T want done to you!"
That is the unconditional ethics born of unconditional Love/Enlightenment.
And we are taught all sorts of crap from an early age.
Namelesss wrote: February 12th, 2018, 1:53 am The quote still says it all; we never have enough information to judge fairly.
You're implying civilization is unfounded. Not needed and unnecessary.
I am attempting to point out how aside from sin, judgment is insanity and ignorant.
Love heals, not punish.
If 'civilization' is the harmonious working together for the good of all, in intimate cooperation with the entire environment and each other, win/win/win, then such a thing has yet to exist.
Other species have achieved 'such civilization', schizo-sapiens has yet to manage such a thing.
Justice is the basis for order and without order you'd simply have chaos.
Your 'order' and 'chaos' are simply two Perspectives of One and the Same Thing!
Unworthy of my examination of are 'distinctions' that don't really exist.
The more that you, or science, attempt to find any sure place, a definitive border where one thing leaves off and another begins, the more it is found to be impossible.
The study of such 'dualistic distinctions', as if Reality, is a fool's waste of time.
Namelesss wrote: February 12th, 2018, 1:53 am All 'might right arms that strike down are God's mighty right arm!
Get it?
Rise and fall it doesn't matter as everything is already "God" so what's the fuss? Is that correct?
There is no free-will/choice, who and what we are at the moment will manifest.
Killers will kill, healers will heal. No choices, no blame, no insane punishment so we'll make better 'choices' next time.
History shows what a failure that philosophy is!
Namelesss wrote: February 12th, 2018, 1:53 am No, the Holocaust, from here, is neither a justice nor an injustice.
All Love is Self! Love!
All hate is Self! hate!
All Compassion...
The problem I see in this philosophy is nothing matters. Strike another and so what? Or am I not getting the picture?
Living in a society with others, there must be responsibility for our actions.
If I break your window, ethically, it is my responsibility to replace it.
Laws are for those with no ethics.
Punishment, is insanity.

Return to “Philosophy of Religion, Theism and Mythology”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream