Where Did 'God' Come From?

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 2144
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Where Did 'God' Come From?

Post by Sculptor1 » May 13th, 2020, 8:23 am

evolution wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 5:50 am
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 5:37 am

I've told you already.
What does Gandalf refer to ?
God is effectively the same thing.
But what a word refers to, to me, has no bearing whatsoever on what that word refers to, to you.

So, once again, what you decide the word 'God' refers to will then affect your response to questions like; Where did 'God' come from?
I've already told you.

evolution
Posts: 438
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Where Did 'God' Come From?

Post by evolution » May 14th, 2020, 5:12 am

Sculptor1 wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 8:23 am
evolution wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 5:50 am


But what a word refers to, to me, has no bearing whatsoever on what that word refers to, to you.

So, once again, what you decide the word 'God' refers to will then affect your response to questions like; Where did 'God' come from?
I've already told you.
You, once again, missed what I said, and meant.

User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 2144
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Where Did 'God' Come From?

Post by Sculptor1 » May 14th, 2020, 7:37 am

evolution wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 5:12 am
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 8:23 am

I've already told you.
You, once again, missed what I said, and meant.
Once again. "I ALREADY TOLD YOU".

User avatar
detail
Posts: 95
Joined: June 1st, 2019, 1:39 pm

Re: Where Did 'God' Come From?

Post by detail » May 14th, 2020, 10:08 am

evolution wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 7:36 pm
detail wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 8:44 am
Religious booklets not always talk about god if they are talking of gifted people like jesus. For example in Luke 11:14-26 ist standing about jesus:


14 Now he was casting out a demon that was mute. When the demon had gone out, the mute man spoke, and the people marveled. 15 But some of them said, “He casts out demons by Beelzebul, the prince of demons,” 16 while others, to test him, kept seeking from him a sign from heaven. 17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and a divided household falls. 18 And if Satan also is divided against himself, how will his kingdom stand? For you say that I cast out demons by Beelzebul. 19 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges. 20 But if it is by the finger of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 21 When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe; 22 but when one stronger than he attacks him and overcomes him, he takes away his armor in which he trusted and divides his spoil. 23 Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

So the problem is how do you define then god , without the prince of demons.
But there is no so called "problem" here.

God defined without the so called "prince of demons" is easily done.

'God' being thee Mind, of which there is only one. And, 'demons' refers to those wrong thoughts and thinking within every adult human being.

Once the wrong thinking has been cast out and gotten rid of, then what is actually true, right, and correct, which is discovered or revealed through thee OPEN Mind, then we are united together as One, with God.
If this would always be the case god would be the best IQ trainer in the world and kawashima brain training form nintendo DS would be obsolete. But

rathe look at the following quota that i could just remember out of my younger days , when i read the bible:

The lord said there:
Your enemies will become bread for you because i took away their protective shadow.

How far is this quota OPEN Minded. Open SuSe is openminded , but if the traditional definition of deities are really open-minded ?

evolution
Posts: 438
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Where Did 'God' Come From?

Post by evolution » May 15th, 2020, 3:23 am

Sculptor1 wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 7:37 am
evolution wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 5:12 am


You, once again, missed what I said, and meant.
Once again. "I ALREADY TOLD YOU".
But I was NOT asking you to tell me any thing.

evolution
Posts: 438
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Where Did 'God' Come From?

Post by evolution » May 15th, 2020, 3:25 am

detail wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 10:08 am
evolution wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 7:36 pm


But there is no so called "problem" here.

God defined without the so called "prince of demons" is easily done.

'God' being thee Mind, of which there is only one. And, 'demons' refers to those wrong thoughts and thinking within every adult human being.

Once the wrong thinking has been cast out and gotten rid of, then what is actually true, right, and correct, which is discovered or revealed through thee OPEN Mind, then we are united together as One, with God.
If this would always be the case god would be the best IQ trainer in the world and kawashima brain training form nintendo DS would be obsolete. But

rathe look at the following quota that i could just remember out of my younger days , when i read the bible:

The lord said there:
Your enemies will become bread for you because i took away their protective shadow.

How far is this quota OPEN Minded. Open SuSe is openminded , but if the traditional definition of deities are really open-minded ?
I do not understand what you are saying nor questioning.

User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 2144
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Where Did 'God' Come From?

Post by Sculptor1 » May 15th, 2020, 6:10 am

evolution wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 3:23 am
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 7:37 am


Once again. "I ALREADY TOLD YOU".
But I was NOT asking you to tell me any thing.
You seem to have the memory of a fish.
Why not go back and review our conversation - maybe you should take notes?

evolution
Posts: 438
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Where Did 'God' Come From?

Post by evolution » May 15th, 2020, 8:34 am

Sculptor1 wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 6:10 am
evolution wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 3:23 am


But I was NOT asking you to tell me any thing.
You seem to have the memory of a fish.
Why not go back and review our conversation - maybe you should take notes?
LOL this is the second time you have accused me of asking you some thing when I NEVER have.

You really do need to read what I actually write and say far more carefully.

If your claim is true here, then you could easily provide the evidence. So, feel free to go ahead.

I am sure the readers would love to SEE "it".

User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 2144
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Where Did 'God' Come From?

Post by Sculptor1 » May 15th, 2020, 8:48 am

evolution wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 8:34 am
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 6:10 am


You seem to have the memory of a fish.
Why not go back and review our conversation - maybe you should take notes?
LOL this is the second time you have accused me of asking you some thing when I NEVER have.

You really do need to read what I actually write and say far more carefully.

If your claim is true here, then you could easily provide the evidence. So, feel free to go ahead.

I am sure the readers would love to SEE "it".
Please refer to the post I made earlier today

evolution
Posts: 438
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Where Did 'God' Come From?

Post by evolution » May 15th, 2020, 9:01 am

Sculptor1 wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 8:48 am
evolution wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 8:34 am


LOL this is the second time you have accused me of asking you some thing when I NEVER have.

You really do need to read what I actually write and say far more carefully.

If your claim is true here, then you could easily provide the evidence. So, feel free to go ahead.

I am sure the readers would love to SEE "it".
Please refer to the post I made earlier today
LOL A typical response from one who can not and will not back up their claim.

User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 2144
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Where Did 'God' Come From?

Post by Sculptor1 » May 15th, 2020, 4:32 pm

evolution wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 9:01 am
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 8:48 am


Please refer to the post I made earlier today
LOL A typical response from one who can not and will not back up their claim.
ROTFLMFHO

I've not made any claims.

evolution
Posts: 438
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Where Did 'God' Come From?

Post by evolution » May 16th, 2020, 8:31 pm

Sculptor1 wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 4:32 pm
evolution wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 9:01 am


LOL A typical response from one who can not and will not back up their claim.
ROTFLMFHO

I've not made any claims.
Okay great. Then all settled now then?

User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 2144
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Where Did 'God' Come From?

Post by Sculptor1 » May 17th, 2020, 1:41 pm

evolution wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 8:31 pm
Sculptor1 wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 4:32 pm

ROTFLMFHO

I've not made any claims.
Okay great. Then all settled now then?
Not until you tell me what claims I am supposed to have made

User avatar
Jing or Jang
Posts: 41
Joined: May 16th, 2020, 7:08 am

Re: Where Did 'God' Come From?

Post by Jing or Jang » May 17th, 2020, 1:52 pm

Sculptor1 wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 4:58 pm
God was invented.
Obviously.
Yes.
evolution wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 10:27 pm
But what is 'God', which was obviously invented.

Obviously the word 'God' was invented, but was what the word God referred to invented also? Or, does that exist and always has?
Not only the word God but the concept as well was invented. "Fate" "Luck" "Karma" "Faith" they were all invented because man wants to believe in a purpose and we don't want to wait to find out what it is. Jews became Christians because they lacked patience for the arrival of "the Messiah", Catholics and Orthodox Christians became protestants because they couldn't take the responsibility of piety. Each and every one is a diluted result of the previous one but each is even more superstitious as time goes on because science consistently disproves religious fairy tales so new and more outrageous explanations are needed to divert the fear of death.

evolution
Posts: 438
Joined: April 19th, 2020, 6:20 am

Re: Where Did 'God' Come From?

Post by evolution » May 17th, 2020, 11:45 pm

Sculptor1 wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 1:41 pm
evolution wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 8:31 pm


Okay great. Then all settled now then?
Not until you tell me what claims I am supposed to have made
Were you or were you not making a claim when you wrote: "Once again. "I ALREADY TOLD YOU"."?

Is that a claim you made?

Post Reply