The truth is inescapable and all encompassing

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member
Favorite Philosopher: Cratylus

Re: The truth is inescapable and all encompassing

Post by Pattern-chaser »

SneakySniper179 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 9:34 am My point really is though it might be fun and comforting for some to point out on these things nothing really comes from it. It just goes in circles and the beliefs you get from are just ideas. You may have the truth and never know it. You may be extremely far from the truth and belief that's it and in a way you are right. It's not a total waste of time but at the end of the day it is.

No Matter what answer you get from it you won't be content and no matter how you look at it or want it to be that way, It may never be that way. Especially regarding religion. It's pointless to obsessive about it because either way it's not going anywhere and it doesn't matter until the life is over. The only reason that would matter if you were living your life wrong or you are an atheist. If you were an atheist you wouldn't give enough of a thought about it unless your main goal was to proof everyone else wrong.

An atheist who tries to prove religion wrong does so out of his own contempt for religion. In the end all that person does is get a following of other non believers and accomplishes nothing. Religious people won't budge no matter what is thrown at them and the same thing goes for atheist. So what do you really have now is a group of people sucking their own dicks to make a point nobody cares to hear.

As for the study of human morals I meant all of those things. The word I should have used was behavior and life. In conclusion the main problem is people probably like myself try to get their points out because they believe they hold value. In reality people will most likely walk out indifferent to the points being made so you are practically talking to yourself with another person and a way to validate your issues.
I'm sorry, but I can see nothing here to which I can usefully respond. Do you have questions, or do you just lament the lack of certainty in our world?

SneakySniper179 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 9:34 am You may have the truth and never know it.

Yes, which is practically equivalent to not having the truth, isn't it? So this is not an aim or an aspiration, but only a directionless complaint. Best to move on, I think.
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
SneakySniper179

Post by SneakySniper179 »

This world in inherent uncertain. I have question about them but you'll never know the answers. Your saying in so many answers that the questions don't matter but the answers do. The thing is you'll never have answers and only questions.

The questions will led to more questions and you'll be sitting there with more things to question and maybe only one answer. The uncertainty of this world is day to day. Are you uncertain someone won't break into your house and kill you while reading this?

Are you certain you won't die in a accident on your way to work? You'll never have answer but you'll always ponder on the question. I believe the only time you get the answer to your questions are when god tells you them and at that point, you won't give a ****. You'll be dead.

What you seek for in life would be meaningless and therefore you will get them and wonder why you questioned all this your whole life and never lived it.
SneakySniper179

Post by SneakySniper179 »

I cannot edit so excuse the mistakes I wrote.
Diascarus

Post by Diascarus »

I was face with this same realization, at first. I believed something along the lines of this. I was a mere teenager fresh out of high school, and just dipped my toe in the ocean of philosophy. Think on this more, you have a point whatever is out there regarding your beliefs will exist regardless. This much is true, though, you must ask yourself whether thinking like that is helpful to you or is it just weighs you down. Establish what you can and cannot control and deal with it as such. Those regarding other people, you cannot control. Those with yourself, your in complete control.

"The truth is often what we make of it. You believe what you want to believe, hear what you want to hear." "The truth we cling to depend GREATLY on your own point of view."

Say you do believe that there is this heaven, Shangri-La, this source of consciousness after life, whatever. That just means someone has placed an answer to the question of "what's after life?" for them selves. In reality it is not up to you or me or anyone to change that. Only if that person wants to change their own perspective. Even the opposite, if you believe there is nothing and are fine with that, that that is your truth. Is it THE truth? who knows philosophy has existed over millennia's and we still don't know. If you're not okay with believing that there is or isn't anything then change your point of view.

You're right whether it truly exists or not has no effect it'll be there or it won't be. I think the better question would be If it is there, then why? and why is it separated from our world? Or, if it doesn't exist, why? and what condition does that place upon the human life?
runaway

Post by runaway »

You are right in that your belief of what life after death is will likely have no influence on what it actually is. However, your belief about what it involves could change how you behave and the choices that you make while you’re alive in this world.

Return to “Philosophy of Religion, Theism and Mythology”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream