Why did God create Human in the first place?

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
gad-fly
Posts: 735
Joined: October 23rd, 2019, 4:48 pm

Why did God create Human in the first place?

Post by gad-fly »

The Holy Bible or the Koran should be the initial source to ruminate on this celestial question.

In Genesis: "Let Us make man in our image, and let them rule over the fish in the sea . . . and God said to them, "Be faithful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it."

Lest still scratching your head, relax and be blissful. The justification from God cannot be clearer. Not to worry or hurry, though. You have the rest of your life to comment on his achievement. Let me offer mine.

First, he created us out of vanity. We look like him. Whenever we are go, we are doing no less than to show his image to the fish, the cattle, and so on. God is omnipresent, lest you forget what Big Brother looks like. No propaganda can be broader.

Second, he warns us to be faithful to him. God is great. Worship nothing else. I am your Lord, maker, redeemer, savior, and guardian. Don't you dare forget for one moment. Indeed, this is the sole reason for your existence: to sing, pray, plead, and glorify me.

Third, he wants us to fill the earth. What if the earth is overfilled by us? Is he about to give us one more earth? He does not seem to care. It is our worry? Fine for such ungrateful brute. Birth control has never crossed his mind.

Fourth, he wants us to subdue it. Hey, why did he not do it himself? I wonder, with due respect, whether he is lazy, selfish, lonely, or scared.

Fifty, why did he ask us to subdue the earth? Would it be acceptable to leave the earth in peace, keeping every beauty in the Garden of Eden. I hope he does not mind me saying so, but I am afraid he is giving us a hard time, before that vague promise of joining him in heaven, where we can expect more high quality treatment.

I would like to ask him directly as a slave and servant to the Master; Sir, I have done all you have asked me to do. Now what?
User avatar
LuckyR
Moderator
Posts: 4993
Joined: January 18th, 2015, 1:16 am

Re: Why did God create Human in the first place?

Post by LuckyR »

gad-fly wrote: March 30th, 2021, 6:19 pm The Holy Bible or the Koran should be the initial source to ruminate on this celestial question.

In Genesis: "Let Us make man in our image, and let them rule over the fish in the sea . . . and God said to them, "Be faithful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it."

Lest still scratching your head, relax and be blissful. The justification from God cannot be clearer. Not to worry or hurry, though. You have the rest of your life to comment on his achievement. Let me offer mine.

First, he created us out of vanity. We look like him. Whenever we are go, we are doing no less than to show his image to the fish, the cattle, and so on. God is omnipresent, lest you forget what Big Brother looks like. No propaganda can be broader.

Second, he warns us to be faithful to him. God is great. Worship nothing else. I am your Lord, maker, redeemer, savior, and guardian. Don't you dare forget for one moment. Indeed, this is the sole reason for your existence: to sing, pray, plead, and glorify me.

Third, he wants us to fill the earth. What if the earth is overfilled by us? Is he about to give us one more earth? He does not seem to care. It is our worry? Fine for such ungrateful brute. Birth control has never crossed his mind.

Fourth, he wants us to subdue it. Hey, why did he not do it himself? I wonder, with due respect, whether he is lazy, selfish, lonely, or scared.

Fifty, why did he ask us to subdue the earth? Would it be acceptable to leave the earth in peace, keeping every beauty in the Garden of Eden. I hope he does not mind me saying so, but I am afraid he is giving us a hard time, before that vague promise of joining him in heaven, where we can expect more high quality treatment.

I would like to ask him directly as a slave and servant to the Master; Sir, I have done all you have asked me to do. Now what?
No one knows why gods do things, in fact one could argue logically that we cannot know the workings of gods. Though it can be discussed why humans created gods. Why do you think humans created gods, wrote bibles/korans etc?
"As usual... it depends."
User avatar
Count Lucanor
Posts: 1268
Joined: May 6th, 2017, 5:08 pm
Favorite Philosopher: Umberto Eco
Location: Panama
Contact:

Re: Why did God create Human in the first place?

Post by Count Lucanor »

The really interesting question is why humans created gods in the first place.
Tegularius
Posts: 151
Joined: February 6th, 2021, 5:27 am

Re: Why did God create Human in the first place?

Post by Tegularius »

Humans created gods so that god could create humans and avoid the middleman called nature.
gad-fly
Posts: 735
Joined: October 23rd, 2019, 4:48 pm

Re: Why did God create Human in the first place?

Post by gad-fly »

LuckyR wrote: March 30th, 2021, 6:31 pm
No one knows why gods do things, in fact one could argue logically that we cannot know the workings of gods.
You are right. I may add that, as far as God is concerned, there is no need to let us know. though he sometimes do by revelation, or through prophets, or son Jesus.

Why did he create human? We are necessary as his lieutenant and servant. We take order and obey. Subdue and clean up. Done? Good. Now glorify and pray. Think you are entitled to ask, question, doubt, and challenge? You bet. Be discreet, though, lest you offend me.
User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 3655
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Why did God create Human in the first place?

Post by Sculptor1 »

gad-fly wrote: March 30th, 2021, 6:19 pm I would like to ask him directly as a slave and servant to the Master; Sir, I have done all you have asked me to do. Now what?
How would you know what "he" has asked of you?
User avatar
LuckyR
Moderator
Posts: 4993
Joined: January 18th, 2015, 1:16 am

Re: Why did God create Human in the first place?

Post by LuckyR »

gad-fly wrote: March 31st, 2021, 3:32 pm
LuckyR wrote: March 30th, 2021, 6:31 pm
No one knows why gods do things, in fact one could argue logically that we cannot know the workings of gods.
You are right. I may add that, as far as God is concerned, there is no need to let us know. though he sometimes do by revelation, or through prophets, or son Jesus.

Why did he create human? We are necessary as his lieutenant and servant. We take order and obey. Subdue and clean up. Done? Good. Now glorify and pray. Think you are entitled to ask, question, doubt, and challenge? You bet. Be discreet, though, lest you offend me.
You didn't answer my question: "Why do you think humans created gods, wrote bibles/korans etc?"
"As usual... it depends."
gad-fly
Posts: 735
Joined: October 23rd, 2019, 4:48 pm

Re: Why did God create Human in the first place?

Post by gad-fly »

Sculptor1 wrote: March 31st, 2021, 4:55 pm
gad-fly wrote: March 30th, 2021, 6:19 pm I would like to ask him directly as a slave and servant to the Master; Sir, I have done all you have asked me to do. Now what?
How would you know what "he" has asked of you?
The topic is based on God create human, followed by asking Why? If you are a believer, you should know what he is asking you to do. If you are not, it may not be worth you while to ponder why, unless you take it as a matter of interest, in which case you must take the assumption that he exists to tell you what.
User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 3655
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Why did God create Human in the first place?

Post by Sculptor1 »

gad-fly wrote: March 31st, 2021, 5:58 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: March 31st, 2021, 4:55 pm
gad-fly wrote: March 30th, 2021, 6:19 pm I would like to ask him directly as a slave and servant to the Master; Sir, I have done all you have asked me to do. Now what?
How would you know what "he" has asked of you?
The topic is based on God create human, followed by asking Why? If you are a believer, you should know what he is asking you to do.
This is not a religious forum. This is a Philosophy Forum. My question is philosophical. If you don't like it then maybe you should find a different Forum.
My question is a fair one. How in factexactly would you know what he has asked of you? You claim you have done what is asked but you seem confused about what to do next?
How do you account for this weird discrepancy?
If you are not, it may not be worth you while to ponder why,
I know exacly what I do and do not believe and am happy to discuss that. For some reason you do not. WHy?
..unless you take it as a matter of interest, in which case you must take the assumption that he exists to tell you what.
Why are you so scared to answer these simple questions.
Have you asked yourself why you shy away from answering what would seem to be a thing you are so sure of? Maybe you have serious doubts?
User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 3655
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Why did God create Human in the first place?

Post by Sculptor1 »

LuckyR wrote: March 31st, 2021, 5:52 pm
gad-fly wrote: March 31st, 2021, 3:32 pm
LuckyR wrote: March 30th, 2021, 6:31 pm
No one knows why gods do things, in fact one could argue logically that we cannot know the workings of gods.
You are right. I may add that, as far as God is concerned, there is no need to let us know. though he sometimes do by revelation, or through prophets, or son Jesus.

Why did he create human? We are necessary as his lieutenant and servant. We take order and obey. Subdue and clean up. Done? Good. Now glorify and pray. Think you are entitled to ask, question, doubt, and challenge? You bet. Be discreet, though, lest you offend me.
You didn't answer my question: "Why do you think humans created gods, wrote bibles/korans etc?"
He seems to be good at not answering any questions.
gad-fly
Posts: 735
Joined: October 23rd, 2019, 4:48 pm

Re: Why did God create Human in the first place?

Post by gad-fly »

LuckyR wrote: March 31st, 2021, 5:52 pm
You didn't answer my question: "Why do you think humans created gods, wrote bibles/korans etc?"
I can see your concern, but I am wary of attention being diverted from the presently-raised topic. Would it be alright if, in the coming future, I raise the anthropomorphic topic: Why has human bring along God? We would then have plenty of room to contribute our thoughts in that proper setting.
User avatar
LuckyR
Moderator
Posts: 4993
Joined: January 18th, 2015, 1:16 am

Re: Why did God create Human in the first place?

Post by LuckyR »

gad-fly wrote: April 1st, 2021, 11:24 am
LuckyR wrote: March 31st, 2021, 5:52 pm
You didn't answer my question: "Why do you think humans created gods, wrote bibles/korans etc?"
I can see your concern, but I am wary of attention being diverted from the presently-raised topic. Would it be alright if, in the coming future, I raise the anthropomorphic topic: Why has human bring along God? We would then have plenty of room to contribute our thoughts in that proper setting.
Well, since we are in agreement that it is illogical at best for humans to know (and therefore discuss intelligently) the thought processes of gods, I guess we're done here.
"As usual... it depends."
User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 3655
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Why did God create Human in the first place?

Post by Sculptor1 »

gad-fly wrote: April 1st, 2021, 11:24 am
LuckyR wrote: March 31st, 2021, 5:52 pm
You didn't answer my question: "Why do you think humans created gods, wrote bibles/korans etc?"
I can see your concern, but I am wary of attention being diverted from the presently-raised topic. Would it be alright if, in the coming future, I raise the anthropomorphic topic: Why has human bring along God? We would then have plenty of room to contribute our thoughts in that proper setting.
It is a good question.
It is perhaps the only question.
By conrast your question contains two unexamined and unsupported assumptions.
And unless you address the assumptions, your question is meaningless.
Ecurb
Posts: 840
Joined: May 9th, 2012, 3:13 pm

Re: Why did God create Human in the first place?

Post by Ecurb »

Sculptor1 wrote: April 1st, 2021, 2:25 pm

It is a good question.
It is perhaps the only question.
By conrast your question contains two unexamined and unsupported assumptions.
And unless you address the assumptions, your question is meaningless.
Why? It's perfectly reasonable to discuss where premises that have not been fully supported might lead. Why wouldn't it be? Sculptor's rejection of religion is so blind that he can't stand the idea of even assuming religious principles for the sake of argument. That's such an anti-intellectual approach that it has no place on a philosophy discussion board.
Belindi
Moderator
Posts: 3599
Joined: September 11th, 2016, 2:11 pm

Re: Why did God create Human in the first place?

Post by Belindi »

If God is at least as intelligent as His Son then God will have created men because God was lonely and wanted somebody to recognise Him as an entity.

Of course, if you do not personify ideas such as 'creation' i.e. 'eternal order and meaning', then you have no need to question any of God's intentions because only persons intend. (For lovers of dogs and other animals each individual should be regarded as a person insofar as it can cerebrally intend).
Post Reply

Return to “Philosophy of Religion, Theism and Mythology”

Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
by Dr Frank L Douglas
August 2021

The Preppers Medical Handbook

The Preppers Medical Handbook
by Dr. William W Forgey M.D.
October 2021

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
by Dr. Gustavo Kinrys, MD
November 2021

Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir

Dream For Peace
by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah
December 2021