The Esoteric: Understanding Hidden Aspects of Religious and Spiritual Traditions

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
PoeticUniverse

Re: The Esoteric: Understanding Hidden Aspects of Religious and Spiritual Traditions

Post by PoeticUniverse »

JackDaydream wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 1:20 am The question is who or what hidden source of wisdom can help us now. Time is running out and the catastrophe is escalating. Climate change is accelerating at a much faster rate than first imagined. 2000 passed and the end of the Maya calendar. The leaders are at a loss to know what to do to conserve the world and sustain future generations and lifeforms. Is it really the end of time, and life as we know it? We need some masters of widoms to step forward and show us some hidden solutions before we are consumed by the 'dark god' of destruction.
There are intercession events going on on the internet, as always, in which the wishers play music and beg 'God' to to fix the monstrous problems both Earthly and in the human condition. What happens is that things don't improve, and even ever get worse or worser, and so they hold even more such events.

'Decay' promotes progress… until the destruction overwhelms…

ALL THAT LIES BETWEEN

Energy is a beauty and a brilliance,
Flashing up in its destructance,
For everything isn’t here to stay its “best”;
It’s merely here to die in its sublimeness.

Like slow fires making their brands, it breeds,
Yet ever consumes and moves on, as more it feeds,
Then spreads forth anew, this unpurposed dispersion,
An inexorable emergence with little reversion,

Ever becoming of its glorious excursions,
Bearing the change that patient time restrains,
While feasting upon the glorious decayed remains
In its progressive march through losses for gains.

We have oft described the causeless—
That which was always never the less,
As well as the beginnings of our quest,
And too have detailed in the rarest of glimpses
The slowing end of all of forever’s chances.

So now we must now turn our attention keen
To all of the action that exists in-between—
All that’s going on and has gone before,
Out to the furthest reaches, ever-more,

For everything that ever happens,
Including life and all our questions,
Meaning every single event ever gone on,
Of both the animate and the non,
Is but from a single theme played upon.

This then is of the simplest analysis of all,
For it heeds mainly just one call—
That of the second law’s dispersion,

The means for each and every occasion,
From the closest to the farthest range—
That which makes anything change.

These changes range from the simple,
Such as a bouncing ball resting still,
Or ice melting that gives up its chill,
To the more complex, such as digestion,
Growth, death, and even reproduction.

There is excessively subtle change as well,
Such as the formations of opinions tell
And the creation or rejections of the will,

And yet all these kinds of changes, of course,
Still become of one simple, common source,
Which is the underlying collapse into chaos—
The destiny of energy’s unmotivated non-purpose.

All that appears to us to be motive and purpose
Is in fact ultimately motiveless, without purpose.
Even aspirations and their achievement’s ways
Have fed on and come about through the decay.

The deepest structure of change is but decay,
Although it’s not the quantity of energy’s say
That causes decay, but the quality, for it strays.

Energy that is localized is potent to effect change,
And in the course of causing change it ranges,
Spreading and becoming chaotically distributed,
Losing its quality but never of its quantity rid.

The key to all this, as we will see,
Is that it goes though stages wee,
And so it doesn’t disperse all at once,
As might one’s paycheck inside of a month.

This harnessed decay results not only for
Civilizations but for all the events going fore
In the world and the universe beyond,

It accounting for all discernible change
Of all that ever gets so rearranged,
For the quality of all this energy kinged
Declines, the universe unwinding, as a spring.

Chaos may temporarily recede,
Quality building up for a need,
As when cathedrals are built and formed,
And when symphonies are performed,

But these are but local deceits
Born of our own conceits,
For deeper in the world of kinds
The spring inescapably unwinds,
Driving its energy away—
As All is being driven by decay.

The quality of energy meant
Is of its dispersal’s extent.
When it is totally precipitate,
It destroys, but when it’s gait
Is geared through chains of events
It can produce civilization’s tenants.

Ultimately, energy naturally,
Spontaneously, and chaotically
Disperses, causing change, irreversibly.

Think of a group of atoms jostling,
At first as a vigorous motion happening
In some corner of the atomic crowd;

They hand on their energy, loud,
Inducing close neighbors to jostle too,
And soon the jostling disperses too—
The irreversible change but the potion
Of the ‘random’, motiveless motion.

And such does hot metal cool, as atoms swirl,
There being so many atoms in the world
Outside it than in the block metal itself
That entropy’s statistics average themselves.

The illusions of purpose lead us to think
That there are reasons, of some motive link,
Why one change occurs and not another,

And even that there are reasons that cover
Specific changes in locations of energy,
The energy choosing to go there, intentionally,

Such as a purpose for a change in structure,
This being as such as the opening of a flower,
Yet this should not be confused with energy
Achieving to be there in that specific bower,

Since at root, of all the power,
Even that of the root of the flower,
That there is the degradation by dispersal,
This being mostly non reversible and universal.

The energy is always still spreading thencely,
Even as some temporarily located density—
An illusion of specific change
In some region rearranged,

But actually it’s just lingering there, discovering,
Until new opportunities arise for exploring,
The consequences but of ‘random’ opportunity,
Beneath which, purpose still vanishes entirely.

Events are the manifestations
Of overriding probability’s instantiations—
Of all of the events of nature, of every sod,
From the bouncing ball to conceptions of gods,
Of even free will, evolution, and all ambition,

For they’re of our simple idea’s elaborations,
Although for the latter stated there
And such for that as warfare
Their intrinsic simplicity is buried more deeply.

And yet though sometimes concealed away,
The spring of all creation is just decay,
The consequence and instruction
Of the natural tendency to corruption.

Love or war become as factions
Through the agency of chemical reactions,
The actions being the chains of reactions,
Whether thinking, doing, or rapt in attention,
For all that happens is of chemical reaction.

At its most rudimentary bottom,
Chemical reactions are rearrangements of atoms,
These being species of molecules
That with perhaps additions and deletions
Then go on to constitute another one, by fate,
Although they sometimes only change shape,

But too can be consumed and torn apart,
Either as a whole or in part, so cruel,
As a source of atoms for another molecule.

Molecules have neither motive nor purpose to act,
Neither an inclination to go on to react
Nor any urge to remain unreacted;
So then why do reactions occur if unacted?

Molecules are but loosely structured
And so they can be easily ruptured,
For reactions may occur if the process energy norm
Is degraded into a more dispersed and chaotic form,

And so as they usually are constantly subject
To the tendency to lose energy, as the abject
Jostling carries it away to the surroundations,

Reactions being misadventure’s transformations,
It then being that some transient arrangements
May suddenly be frozen into permanences
As the energy leaps away to other experiences.

So, molecules are a stage in which the play goes on,
But not so fast that the forms cannot seize upon;

But really, why do molecules have such fragility,
For if their atoms were as tightly bound as nuclei,
Then the universe would have died, being frozen,
Long before the awakening of the forms chosen,

Or if molecules were as totally free to react
Every single time they touched a neighbor’s pact
Then all events would have taken place so rapidly
And so very crazily and haphazardly

That the rich attributes of the world we know
Would not have had the needed time to grow.

Ah, but it is all of the necessitated restraint,
For it ever takes time a scene to paint,
As such as in the unfolding of a leaf,
The endurations for any stepping feat,

As of the emergence of consciousness
And the paused ends of energy’s restlessness:
It’s of the controlled consequence of collapse
Rather than one that’s wholly precipitous.

So now all is known of our heres and nows
Within this parentheses of the eternal boughs,
As well as the why and how of it all has come,
And of our universe’s end, but that others become.

Out of energy’s dispersion and decay of quality
Comes the emergence of growth and complexity.

(The verse lines, being like molecules warmed,
Continually broke apart and reformed
About the rhymes which tried to be non intrusions,
Eventually all flexibly stabilizing to conclusions.)
JackDaydream

Re: The Esoteric: Understanding Hidden Aspects of Religious and Spiritual Traditions

Post by JackDaydream »

@PoeticUniverse

I like your poem and what I wonder about is what exactly has brought us to the point we are at in the present crisis. I am not saying that humanity has not messed things up, by why has this occurred within the evolutionary pathways? I think that the Metallica album title, 'Hardwired to Self Destruct' sums up the process in some ways, as well as Freud's depiction of there being Eros and Thanatos. But, what I do think about is whether there is some underlying process which will balance or bring about some new alternatives in evolution on some level, for human beings or some other aspects of nature. Perhaps, I really am a daydreamer, but I am inclined to think that there may be hidden positives, even within a negative scenario. And, of course, I do think that the planetary crisis may be a call for human beings to wake up and live more responsibly.
PoeticUniverse

Post by PoeticUniverse »

JackDaydream wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 11:45 am I do think that the planetary crisis may be a call for human beings to wake up and live more responsibly.
I have again consulted the Great Quantum Computer that can forecast the future with infinite precision within a minute. The result was the same. You can watch the development and usage of this computer in the DEVS series on Hulu, one of the best science/philosophy shows ever.

I will probably post the results soon but it is a nice sunny day here since hurricane Henri has left the area. It is a horror story, but the whole Earth doesn't die.
JackDaydream

Post by JackDaydream »

@PoeticUniverse

Thanks for your many contributions and keeping the thread going. Strangely, when so many countries are struggling with excess heat this year, summer seems to have been cancelled in England. Apart from a couple of warm weeks it has barely been like summer at all, but there is a rumour of some warmer weather in September. But, I should not moan but be grateful that I am not struggling with nights where it is too hot to sleep. Anyway, I look forward to the Quantum Computer predictions if you post them.
PoeticUniverse

Post by PoeticUniverse »

JackDaydream wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 3:20 pm summer seems to have been cancelled in England.
Wow, and still the June and July averages over the whole world were the hottest in recorded history!

In the US Northeast, where I am, eighty miles north of NYC, the heat only reached 100F, but it was horrendous to be outside. I guess people living near the equator are used to that.

Remember the year 1816? It was the year without a summer.

The year 1816 is known as the Year Without a Summer because of severe climate abnormalities that caused average global temperatures to decrease by 0.4–0.7 °C (0.7–1 °F).[1] Summer temperatures in Europe were the coldest on record between the years of 1766–2000.[2] This resulted in major food shortages across the Northern Hemisphere.[3]

Evidence suggests that the anomaly was predominantly a volcanic winter event caused by the massive 1815 eruption of Mount Tambora in April in the Dutch East Indies (known today as Indonesia). This eruption was the largest in at least 1,300 years (after the hypothesized eruption causing the extreme weather events of 535–536), and was perhaps exacerbated by the 1814 eruption of Mayon in the Philippines.

— Wiki
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

PoeticUniverse wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 4:03 pm
JackDaydream wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 3:20 pm summer seems to have been cancelled in England.
Wow, and still the June and July averages over the whole world were the hottest in recorded history!

In the US Northeast, where I am, eighty miles north of NYC, the heat only reached 100F, but it was horrendous to be outside. I guess people living near the equator are used to that.

Remember the year 1816? It was the year without a summer.

The year 1816 is known as the Year Without a Summer because of severe climate abnormalities that caused average global temperatures to decrease by 0.4–0.7 °C (0.7–1 °F).[1] Summer temperatures in Europe were the coldest on record between the years of 1766–2000.[2] This resulted in major food shortages across the Northern Hemisphere.[3]

Evidence suggests that the anomaly was predominantly a volcanic winter event caused by the massive 1815 eruption of Mount Tambora in April in the Dutch East Indies (known today as Indonesia). This eruption was the largest in at least 1,300 years (after the hypothesized eruption causing the extreme weather events of 535–536), and was perhaps exacerbated by the 1814 eruption of Mayon in the Philippines.

— Wiki
The future is of import, not the past.

Ecology wise, the only important thing to know is that the tipping point of human folly will not end until a World Ecology Czar, so to speak, is elected.

A problem cannot be solved without a problem solver with power and access to resources.

Our oligarch owners are just too cheep to pay fairly for their wealth, nor the health of the population.

Regards
DL
PoeticUniverse

Post by PoeticUniverse »

Greatest I am wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 5:19 pm The future is of import, not the past.
Yet it provides a last-resort solution.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

PoeticUniverse wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 5:39 pm
Greatest I am wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 5:19 pm The future is of import, not the past.
Yet it provides a last-resort solution.
Such certainty.

I hope you are correct as I am thinking that our frontiers are our only hope.

I wish you had a proof of concept so that we might see what your last-resort solution might look like in the past.

I do admit that the past will contribute to the solutions we find, but solutions have to be social and with divided societies, the problem will never be resolved.

Regards
DL
PoeticUniverse

Post by PoeticUniverse »

Greatest I am wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 5:57 pm I wish you had a proof of concept so that we might see what your last-resort solution might look like in the past.
Like 1816.

I do admit that the past will contribute to the solutions we find, but solutions have to be social and with divided societies, the problem will never be resolved.[/quote]

Al Gore will have to become the Dictator of the World, with Greta Thunberg as his deputy. Al Gore almost became President but for some chads hanging out.

So long, cruel world!

And God promised not to flood the world again, drowning everyone but Noah and his wife, Joan of Ark, but technically, it's the heat, not water.
PoeticUniverse

Post by PoeticUniverse »

Lately:

01:00 UTC Tuesday, 24 August 2021
The raging Caldor fire in northern California has burned more than 100,000 acres and destroyed more than 500 structures after surging over the weekend. Fueled by warm winds and drought-stricken vegetation, the fire, burning south-west of Lake Tahoe, surged through more than 30,000 acres in two days and by Monday morning had consumed about 106,500 acres. …

In the Near Future, via the Great Quantum Computer, I saw that:

The Hoover Dam in the western U.S. held back nothing, its lake having gone dry. People suggested building a water pipeline to the west from the east, for the east had plenty of water from all the remnants of hurricanes that used up all the names from three alphabets in one year. Congress bickered over it and then killed it.

Afghanistan became a safe haven for terrorists to operate from and the Taliban went back to their old torturous ways, strictly enforcing the Will of Allah.

What remained of Haiti from earthquakes was destroyed by a category 5 hurricane. They had but a few trees and none afterward, and so again the island suffered severe erosion. The hurricane kept right on going and ground Cuba into the ground.

Fires and storms continued over the years.

Trump got reelected President and still said that global warming was a hoax and defunded science. Evangelicals danced in the streets.

The Covid Zeta variant virus had evolved to be able to remain alive for 400 feet and so this became the main concern for a while, drawing resources and attention away from the planet’s heat crisis until all the unvaccinated had died. Booster shots were needed for the rest.

Meanwhile, the ice caps had melted and were gone. Greenland became truly green, whose name was but an advertising ploy after not so many had moved to Iceland, but then caught on fire and turned a charcoal color. Iceland had no more ice, and so was renamed ‘No-ice-land’.

Much of the world had been ablaze for years now, and recently, a great cyclone, one of so many, had killed 150,000 people in Myanmar, and earthquakes had done in many more in China and elsewhere, as well as did a record number of tornados that had continued to sweep across many countries.

Temperatures often hit 130F degrees.

A tsunami sprung from the Atlantic and washed over Florida, coast to coast. Another one came forth in the Pacific, from the deep Marianas trench, sinking Baja. Mexico City disappeared into a sinkhole. Quebec Province was severed from Canada by quakes, and floated back towards France, where they had always wanted to be. Africa sunk two feet in an hour. The Indian ocean washed out Sri Lanka and entered the Indian subcontinent.

Siberia sunk into a mush of methane gas, increasing the warming even more. Sicily got the boot from Italy. Alaska gushed oil all over the place. Gibraltar fell and sunk and closed off the Mediterranean Sea.

All were aghast to see the LAX airport fracture, and slide into the ocean. The Amazon Jungle flooded, what was left of it after all the trees had been cut for lumber. Mauna Kea erupted and buried Hilo, Hawaii. Krakatoa came back to life. Sumatra went under. Finally, the San Andreas fault could take it no more and moved 1200 feet. What was left of California had become a small island. New Orleans was washed away like silt from a river. What was left of Mexico moved into Texas, where it used to be. Notre Dame Cathedral in France crumbled away into dust. The Eiffel Tower (Le Tour-i-fell), lived up to its name and tipped over.

Trump declared martial law and gave himself another term in office. The Arizona county recount from 2021 was still going on.

Russia shook and shook, destroying their nuclear reactors. Japan went under. In the Philippines, only the mountains broke the sea. Australia just about cracked in half. Antarctica sunk ten feet and out of sight. The pyramids crumbled, exposing the rulers of old. The Panama canal closed. Vatican City was no more. Rome was waterlogged. Venice was long gone.

It was all the beginning of the mother of all near extinctions, one that might erase 99.99% of all life. A 50 mile section of the Alps disappeared, looking as if it were never there; you could see right through the gap. When all of Florida easily went under, being that it was already at sea level, the world really woke up to the end of days, but it was much too late. Every very coastal city in the world had been inundated, for water always finds its way in. Northern Canada, along with its eastern and western sections, was no more, as part of the Great Lake of the North; only the now more temperate interior remained dry, it filling up with more and more people and tropical birds by the day.

A small portion of Siberia was quite usable, too, for a while, only being at 100F degrees, and an ‘iffy’ part of Argentina was OK. Alaska was gone to its mountains, as were Central and Latin America, and most of Mexico. There were no more islands but for if they had high mountains, of course.

The heat in the world had become totally unbearable, the temperatures now reaching 140 degrees F sometimes; crops would no longer grow. A new but rare and expensive form of food pill extended life for some of the rich. Most people really had no place to go. The pace of the disaster was startling, exceeding even the grimmest of predictions by scientists.

Australia’s population, being mostly coastal, had retreated somewhat to the thin edge between its useless interior and the deep blue sea. The Great Inland Sea reappeared, then evaporated, and then returned. Meteorology had become a fruitless science; summer was now year-round everywhere.

The Great Lakes were enlarging, even with their locks having been closed, for the water runneth over. Resistance was futile, for water was slippery stuff, its tiny hydrogen atoms easily rolling around the oxygen.

Various schemes and solutions had been endlessly debated, most of them being as tough on mankind as the heat, the rest of them unattainable. It was all happening much too quickly. The estimates had been way off. Nature was now a dragon and she had roared, and was spewing her fiery breath upon her own fragile planet.

Some ever had tried to live in their basements, but the heat still found them; some dug underground, but the floods came.

Eskimos bought refrigerators and air-conditioners.

Many near extinctions had happened before, one being only 174,000 years ago, when, at Toba, in northern Sumatra, a supervolcano erupted during an ice age. Six years of volcanic winter followed this eruption, bringing pre-humans to the very edge of elimination.

There were but a few thousand of them left around, since very little light could reach the dusty ground. It took twenty thousand years for them to recompose from the caldron of fire that had almost brewed humanity away. It was from this handful of hardy souls that we modern humans arose.

Due to the intense global warming and ice melting that reached a runaway exponential point, such as in calculus, the weather patterns had been greatly altered, and were bringing numerous and severe storms every day all over the globe, causing much interior flooding, plus wiping out most of the better crops that still had a chance to grow. Roads and tires had melted. The rate of destruction was becoming astronomical. No one could keep up with it; it was everyone for themselves.

Charon had started using a fleet of huge ocean liners to ferry the damned dead across the River Styx.

Billions had perished in a matter of a few years more, and there was little government infrastructure working anywhere. Humans were hardly a match for nature gone wild. It could and would only get worse unto the sure end.

Trump still said that the 2020 election was flawed.

Death seemed to be a way of life throughout history. That we were even here was due to the dinosaurs and 90% of all the species being wiped out. A small and nervous shrew-like creature looked out and ‘noted’: the dinosaurs, the forever Kings of the Earth, were gone. “Hurray, no I can evolve.” The shrews attached to a favorable evolutionary line. Every single one of our forbears on both sides had survived, they being attractive enough to locate a loving mate, with whom their love to celebrate.

It no longer mattered that humans were on a one way trip from the quantum fluke, that maximal disorder within old Planck’s nook… to the escalation caused by the Dark Energy, the Universe heading toward the oblivion of its sparse and accelerated expansion, all that we ever loved and knew going to extinction; for, our world was ending now, or at least it was the beginning of the end, for the temperatures were still increasing daily.

Al Gore had been the last one into the Washington bunkers, having steadfastly worked up to the end. Greta Thunberg went in with him.

Some of the remaining nations of the world noted that they had indeed squandered the good things of life, squabbling over their differences in culture. Many had all been looking for truth in the wrong direction, which was back into the past of myth instead of to and for the future. They had fiddled, and now the world was burning.

The Ninja Empire Grandmasters and their teams flew into Niihau on their last tanks of gas, there to take sanctuary and a vote for a desperate but uncertain plan. The landing strip now had a slight but tricky slope to it.

Mountainous Niihau was somewhat unaffected, as were other of the higher island regions, although they were few and far between, for which the trade winds still brought some moderation; yet, the subtropical and near tropical areas were now all very much overly tropical.

On Niihau, JackDaydream, new member and a young master, had to walk the last mile on the new beach that had formed inland. The world’s roulette wheel was rolling double zero on what might soon be the last survivable day on Earth, and a hurricane was headed in his direction. Tsunamis had washed deeper and deeper inland everywhere; most of the internet no longer functioned.

The top dragon, Old Rascal, as the new #1 West, awaited them all. A rainbow appeared as the spirit of the previous GrandMaster West, flying through, past them, as the scent on the breeze and as the vision of the courage to act.

The votes had been counted. Grandmaster Rascal had now engaged one of the last working underground silos. Grandmaster Trish, #1 East, keyed in the codes and nodded to him, saying “Would you like to do the honors?”

“Yes, for unto me falls life’s last duty. Nature will now have to contend with herself. It will be fire versus ice, dragon against dragon, just as shown by the picture on the great China wall; however, this could well be the end for all of us.”

“Or not, if it works,” she answered.

“Hopefully, global warming will be defeated by the worldwide dust in the atmosphere, stopping it. The years will tell; it is our only hope. Ashes will fall everywhere like snow, and then real snow will fall.”

Rascal pressed the button: Nuclear missiles were being fired deep into the heart of the Yellowstone caldera. At least seven surrounding states and two Canadian provinces would be obliterated; yet, winter would come, probably bringing its own array of problems to contend with, but, then, after that, could spring be far behind?
JackDaydream

Post by JackDaydream »

@PoeticUniverse

Reading your post leaves me wondering is there any hope left for humanity? We have some who subscribe to antinatist philosophies because they despair so much. On the other hand, we have those who would like to extend life almost indefinitely in the form of transhumanism. These are both two extremes.I often wonder if this is the end, perhaps, like the collapse of the mythical Atlantis. If it is the end, will there ever be a new beginning.?The question is also whether any answers can be found by looking within ourselves? The problems are in the real world but it does seem that we need for humanity, including the leaders to move to a new level of consciousness and it may already be too late. But, I just wonder what hope is there?
JackDaydream

Post by JackDaydream »

@Greatest I am

I am interested in your idea of a World Czar and what it would entail, and also how one would or could appoint such a person, as well the idea of such a person being unfettered and untainted by power and being able to draw upon the better side of human nature.
PoeticUniverse

Post by PoeticUniverse »

JackDaydream wrote: August 25th, 2021, 9:55 am But, I just wonder what hope is there?
It's just the possible End of the World, no big deal in the whole scheme of the Universe.

We will all have to move to England, where it is ever rainy and cool. The worst that ever happened there was that a garbage can blew over.

That's settled, so back to the secrets…

Rummaging around in the past via the Great Quantum Computer as a backward projector, I didn't find any secret society but that of Galileo and other scientists uncovering any real revelations or secrets, but I did find out such as why Germany couldn't develop an atomic bomb.

It wasn't just that we bombed their heavy water plants but:

https://austintorney.files.wordpress.co ... 50-dpi.pdf
JackDaydream

Post by JackDaydream »

@PoeticUniverse

It is is a question of whether there is any hope for humanity.I think that one danger of thinking that it may be the 'end of the world' is that it may become a self-fulfilling prophecy. This may be what has happened already. In saying this, what I am thinking of is how many people, based on the ideas of Christianity and Nostradamus, saw the millennium as a possible time around which the world would probably end. I think that may have contributed to the misuse of resources which have got the world in such a mess. So, more now than ever, human beings have to try to avoid acting as if we are the last inhabitants of the planet in a complex combination of despair and recklessness.
PoeticUniverse

Post by PoeticUniverse »

The Smart Baby Philosopher
Demonstrating Innate Secret Logic

She is but two weeks old, not even being able to see yet, and still in the dark cave in which she was born, but has already learned to speak a hundred of so of the most common words.

She feels a grain of dirt on the floor and infers, “Ba, these stuck to more to make big ball on which we are.”

They laugh, “You’re dumb, for you don’t even know about gravity having collected dust into a planet!”

“Ba-ba, grav-i-ty, it make stick to? Big ball is plan-et?”

“Yes, dodo but sweetheart.”

“Ya, so planet begin with two dirts meet and gravity stick.”

“Well, yes, but I bet you don’t know the name of our planet.”

“Ha, must be call Dirt!”

“No, silly; it’s called Earth.”

“Since dirt same to mean as earth!”

“Well, yes; I guess you were kind of right.”

She feels a fly flying into her. “La, that called ‘fly’.

“Good one.”

An ant walks across her leg. “Fa, that called ‘walk’!”

“Don’t be ridiculous; it’s called an ant.”

“Ah, that since many other kind of ‘walks’!”

“Yes, good thinking. What else is there beyond our planet Earth?”

“Ka, more balls, since if one more can be!”

“Yes, so very many.”

“Ma, has to be for some to work!”

A drop of water drips on her. “Wa-wa.”

“Water; what does it mean, you would-be genius?”

“Pa, it mean much collect and flow in many place called ‘waters’!”

“Yes and no, limited thinker, since it’s not ‘waters’, but rivers, lakes, and oceans.”

“Wa, I knew; ‘ocean’ huge water; lake still water closed; river flow not closed.”

“Yes, but how many oceans are there?”

“Ah, big bunch of.”

“No, several; you are ignorant.”

“Ga, it’s not easy to ignore an ant.”

“How did you get so stupid? ‘Ignorant’ means not to know very much. How old are you? One week?”

“Na, two weeks old, and I know all.”

“What is dirt made of?”

“Qa, bottom one start all; it no more bottom have.”

“Well, OK, what is the specific name of one of the oceans?”

“Ta, specific.”

“Well, close, but wrong, for it is ‘Pacific’”

“Ya, I just say that.”

“Cripes, you can’t even pronounce words right.”

“Ua, still learning; just born 14 yesterdays ago on Earth that under a big fire.”

“The big fire is called the Sun. How do you know about it?”

“Easy, warm all over cave and outside, you ignorer.”

A week of studying goes by.

“How many fingers am I holding up?”

“Five; I can see now.”

“OK, but one is a thumb, so you weren’t quite right.”

“Ba, thumb counts, you nit-picker.”

“What do you thin of Trump?”

“Ah, I bid one notrump.”

The sun sets.

“Do you see the grasshopper at your feet?”

“Na, sun gone, dark now, but I hear it.”

“Not possible.”

“Ya, my ears are still very new. Yours old.”

“You know about getting old, called ‘aging’?

“Simple, you bigger; more rough skin.”

“Then what?”

“Ah, become not some day.”

“It’s called passing away.”

“Na, die.”

“What a smart-ass. What’s the purpose of life?”

“Simple; just to be; to live.”

“That’s it; no more?”

“Sa, parts no good after die.”

“What about an endless part called a soul?”

“Oy, What then would you know after die?”

“The same knowledge as when I die.”

“Vey, what age would you be as soul?”

“I don’t know.”

“Hey, what would you look like?”

“I don’t know.”

“Say, where would you go?”

“To some great place forever.”

“Ta, eternity is a long time, especially all during it.”

“Well, wise guy, what’s wrong with my story?”

“Ahem; not likely, plus
What vanity to claim such full self-importance!
To demand so much from the universe…
That one would claim an angelic vapor that
Drives a living being, provides character,
Morality, and consciousness, on top of
A burdensome, fragile, and evolutionarily expensive
Organ such as a brain not needing to be used.”

Return to “Philosophy of Religion, Theism and Mythology”

2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
by Howard Wolk
July 2024

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side
by Thomas Richard Spradlin
June 2024

Neither Safe Nor Effective

Neither Safe Nor Effective
by Dr. Colleen Huber
May 2024

Now or Never

Now or Never
by Mary Wasche
April 2024

Meditations

Meditations
by Marcus Aurelius
March 2024

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

The In-Between: Life in the Micro

The In-Between: Life in the Micro
by Christian Espinosa
January 2024

2023 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream