If there is a God, why is there evil?

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
Sculptor1

Re: If there is a God, why is there evil?

Post by Sculptor1 » September 25th, 2019, 6:05 pm

LuckyR wrote:
September 25th, 2019, 5:53 pm
Sculptor1 wrote:
September 25th, 2019, 5:04 pm

Babies are not always the simple result of the sexual combination of germ cells. IN fact most reproduction in nature is asexual. A teratoma is more like "budding" which is a common enough method of reproduction in jelly fish and many plant species such as cacti.
Teratomas do IN FACT have teeth and hair can can grow from the eye of a adult, but often can the result of tumours growing directly from the gonads of children.

You ought to make some attempt to educate yourself if you are going to take the trouble to contradict a post.
Maybe you should start here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teratoma
Uummm… I have removed teratomas professionally for the entirety of my career, don't need Wikipedia, but thanks.
You've obviously not removed all types, or not bothered to keep up with your CPD.

DO you also think that God has a good reason for tumors?

LuckyR

Post by LuckyR » September 26th, 2019, 2:26 am

Sculptor1 wrote:
September 25th, 2019, 6:05 pm
LuckyR wrote:
September 25th, 2019, 5:53 pm

Uummm… I have removed teratomas professionally for the entirety of my career, don't need Wikipedia, but thanks.
You've obviously not removed all types, or not bothered to keep up with your CPD.

DO you also think that God has a good reason for tumors?
You're out of your depth, son. Stick to something you have practical experience with, like gods, for instance. On that score, myths don't need reasons.
"As usual... it depends."

LuckyR

Post by LuckyR » September 26th, 2019, 11:21 am

...AITF...
"As usual... it depends."

Sculptor1

Post by Sculptor1 » September 26th, 2019, 11:37 am

LuckyR wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 11:21 am
...AITF...
YASFCWDOG