The March Philosophy Book of the Month is Final Notice by Van Fleisher. Discuss Final Notice now.

The April Philosophy Book of the Month is The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Can Religion be considered to be child abuse?

Discuss philosophical questions regarding theism (and atheism), and discuss religion as it relates to philosophy. This includes any philosophical discussions that happen to be about god, gods, or a 'higher power' or the belief of them. This also generally includes philosophical topics about organized or ritualistic mysticism or about organized, common or ritualistic beliefs in the existence of supernatural phenomenon.
Grecorivera5150
Favorite Philosopher: Bruce Lee

Re: Can Religion be considered to be child abuse?

Post by Grecorivera5150 » August 8th, 2012, 1:13 pm

Stephengoswami wrote:Lower type of loveless people compensate by terror and lower emotions. They abuse all not only children. If they repent and go to learn love from a teacher they shall be corrected while courts’ punishment never corrects

While I agree that our court system is highly flawed and that we(humans) need to evolve socially in general, what implications does your statement have to do with religion?

davidgold3
New Trial Member

Re: Can Religion be considered to be child abuse?

Post by davidgold3 » December 6th, 2018, 1:36 am

Are you serious? Like i dont think a religion is child abuse, but then again, at times, some people are a little tooo strict with religion. So im not in favor of holding anyone back from self liked views, but my thing is the less pressure the better ( happy all the way) that is the best religion.
Also let me know how to change my avatar here anyone, thnx :D :)
:mrgreen::mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :D