Announcement: Your votes are in! The January 2019 Philosophy Book of the Month is The Runaway Species: How Human Creativity Remakes the World by David Eagleman and Anthony Brandt.

definition of ideology .. what is the error?

Have philosophical discussions about politics, law, and government.
Featured Article: Definition of Freedom - What Freedom Means to Me
kordofany
Favorite Philosopher: Franz Kafka

definition of ideology .. what is the error?

Post by kordofany » June 2nd, 2018, 11:32 am

The error and ambiguity in the definitions of ideology is the result of an inverted conception of the ideology. This is through the belief that ideology is an objective scope; while ideology is personal and even psychological, it describes the individual's psychological position on a particular issue and not the other way around.
What do you think about that?

shuzbot
New Trial Member

Re: definition of ideology .. what is the error?

Post by shuzbot » June 7th, 2018, 6:48 pm

There is an essay in The Journal of The Royal Institute of Philosophy April 1972 by H. M. Drucker called Marx's Concept of Ideology. You can access part of it here https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=NLu ... er&f=false

I have the journal and most uni libraries will stock it, it is worth seeking out

kordofany

Post by kordofany » June 8th, 2018, 12:26 am

shuzbot wrote:
June 7th, 2018, 6:48 pm
There is an essay in The Journal of The Royal Institute of Philosophy April 1972 by H. M. Drucker called Marx's Concept of Ideology. You can access part of it here https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=NLu ... er&f=false

I have the journal and most uni libraries will stock it, it is worth seeking out
it is not full view.
i can not downloaded
Freedom is an Idea in the mind... And reckless behavior is irrational.. I can live free inside the prison.

shuzbot
New Trial Member

Post by shuzbot » June 8th, 2018, 11:35 am

I did say you could access part of it there, part meaning not the whole. I was merely signposting it so that if it was useful you could track it down. I don't know whether you are in the UK but here you can just go to your local university's library as a member of the general public. You can access a copy there. I found it to be a fascinating article.

kordofany

Post by kordofany » June 8th, 2018, 9:57 pm

Thanks.. it is not easy here..but thank you ..
Freedom is an Idea in the mind... And reckless behavior is irrational.. I can live free inside the prison.