Brett Kavanaugh

Have philosophical discussions about politics, law, and government.
Featured Article: Definition of Freedom - What Freedom Means to Me
Dachshund

Re: Brett Kavanaugh

Post by Dachshund »

There's absolutely nothing false in my claim that the Democrats attempt to smear Kavanaugh was a disgusting, despicable political stunt. Even the Democrats have now admitted it badly damaged their brand. Your call on the Kavanaugh issue shows you got it wrong BIG TIME Fool (but that doesn't surprise me, I mean anyone who votes Democrat is "cognitively challenged", so to speak,). What the Democrats did to Kavanaugh was was absolutely DISGRACEFUL, and you F**KING know it, Fool !

As for Trump, he's the greatest Conservative leader and orator the Anglosphere has witnessed since Churchill. Trump instinctively uses pretty much exactly the same rhetorical style that Churchill used. If you'd like evidence of this , I'm more than happy to present a detailed analysis of Trumps rhetoric to show you the hard evidence.

Trump IS leading the greatest political movement the USA has ever seen. If you don't understand this, you're delusional.

I've watched all the coverage of Trump addressing the big Conservative rallies in Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, Indiana etc over the past two days. He was simply devastating. I thought to myself the Democrats just can't hope compete with this kind of extraordinary political force. They wheel out Obama to stump for them, but he's just not in the same league as Trump - not even remotely close.

I predict that the Democrats are going to be THRASHED in the mid-term elections. I can feel it "in my bones" It seems to me that they're already "on the nose" politically, Fool

Let's see who right, shall we , in a few days time ?

Regards

Dachshund
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

As an example, here is an article which discusses the ways in which people in the past have used language similar to that copied by Dachshund:

https://www.npr.org/2011/03/29/13495618 ... than-human

The first step to paving the way for genocide has often been this very effective technique of using de-humanising language. Rats and cockroaches are often the non-human animals that are used for the comparison because people generally have very few qualms about exterminating these particular creatures. Creating a feeling of visceral revulsion in the reader/listener can be a very effective way to instigate the mass persecution of a particular group of humans that the writer/speaker requires. Hence the talk, by Dachshund and his source material, of African people having such things as an unpleasant odour.

Here again is the quote from Dachshund:

viewtopic.php?p=323088#p323088
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

Eduk wrote:Personally I think Dachshund has successfully maximised the attention shown to him relative to his abilities.
This is true, and it has often made me think that the best way to deal with such people is to ignore them. But sadly, given the abominable nature of some of the things that he parrots, this is difficult. I hope that I will eventually be able to do it.
Eduk
Favorite Philosopher: Socrates

Post by Eduk »

This is true, and it has often made me think that the best way to deal with such people is to ignore them.
I have a topic about this here

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15910

Maybe not the best title.

I'm not sure if ignoring is the way to go. I mean statistically I'd say there is a 1% chance of successfully educating such a person. So perhaps a 1% effort would be appropriate :)

I don't have the magic answer either.
Unknown means unknown.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

Eduk: Thanks for the link. I'd completely missed that topic!
Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

In my experience Steve, your posts are just...nothing. Your lack the intestinal fortitude to make any kind of firm stand on any issue. Reading your circumlocutory, ambivalent, nebulous, mealy -mouthed waffle is like taking a prescription sleeping pill. I mean, why is that you even bother to post on this forum when you lack the spine to even make to try and forumate a decisive position on even the most elementary of issues? Are you a male or a female? It seems to me you're probably the later, i.e. that "Steve" is really a "Stephanie"; a pitiful little, gossipy "net-curtain nark".
Eduk
Favorite Philosopher: Socrates

Post by Eduk »

Can you do me next please Dachshund, don't copy paste though.
Unknown means unknown.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

From the link I posted above to a book about the psychology of de-humanisation, it's interesting to see that in WW2 the de-humanising wasn't just done by the Nazis, although that obviously gets the most attention.
While the architects of the Final Solution were busy implementing their lethal program of racial hygiene, the Russian-Jewish poet and novelist Ilya Ehrenburg was churning out propaganda for distribution to Stalin's Red Army. These pamphlets seethed with dehumanizing rhetoric: they spoke of "the smell of Germany's animal breath,"...
Obviously Dachshund and his source material use similar talk of smell in their own material:
Dachshund wrote:(2) They [negros] emit a peculiar offensive body odour similar to Apes.
The aim of creating a feeling of disgust in the reader, to make the abuse easier to perpetrate, is deemed to be well served by using the sense of smell, because bad smells are so often associated with decay and putrefaction.
Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

Your own posts have a distinctive smell too , Steve. A kindly of sickly, cloying scent of Yardley perfume - the kind favoured by dithery little old dears in England.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

@Dachshund

John, originally from the US, with connections to Australia, who lives with his English wife in Hertfordshire, England and has a son, and who has visited St Albans Cathedral: On this subject of odours, I have a question that requires your expert knowledge.

My partner is of Ghanaian extraction and she therefore has skin pigment and facial features that you would refer to as "negro". She has a 12 year-old daughter who's father was white. Her daughter's skin pigment is a little lighter than hers.

Would you say that my partner, being a "negro", emits a "peculiar offensive body odour similar to apes"? What about her daughter? Would you guess that the offensive odour would be less in her than in her mother or the same? What's the answer John? If I were to invite you to meet them, would you be happy to tell them these things to their faces? Would you be happy to tell them all the other ways in which, in your view, they, as negros, resemble apes? What do you say, John? Shall we exchange personal details and set up a little meeting? I'm willing if you are, John.

Or are you going to continue to hide behind your little dog name and spew your bile from the cowardly safety of anonymity? When you take off your dog costume and go to greet your English wife, do you become a normal human being? Or do you keep the persona that you've adopted here?

In case you hadn't noticed, John, I have taken some of the things you've said personally, because they are personal. Guess what, John. They're not just harmless banter. If I or my partner or her daughter ever met you, you would discover that.

That is all John. Unless you have the guts to reveal yourself to me, we won't be talking again.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Yes Steve, Dachshund rarely has anything even remotely philosophically valid to say. Usually he's just spruiking for the extreme right. I am not sure why holding Kavanagh accountable is "disgusting". If I'd been sexually assaulted by someone on the verge of such grand societal honour and trust I might have spoken up too.

Trump is simply creating an economic bubble.

If you remove all environmental protections, of course there'll be a resurgence as companies struggling to access resources suddenly have a huge amount of law hanging fruit waiting to be plucked. However, as with privatisation of essential public assets, once it's gone then so are all of the "services" provided by the asset are removed for the foreseeable future.

Trump has not only created a bubble, but is costing his people longstanding irreplaceable natural environments whose losses will not yet be understood or quantifiable - all for short term gain, which is the only kind of gain Trump seems to understand, hence his many bankruptcies.
Jklint

Post by Jklint »

Dachshund wrote: November 5th, 2018, 11:10 am
As for Trump, he's the greatest Conservative leader and orator the Anglosphere has witnessed since Churchill.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

So true! It's amazing what can be accomplished with a 50 word vocabulary and a zero comprehension of fact. Nearly everyone of his tweets is the epitome of fake news.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Jklint wrote: November 5th, 2018, 3:47 pm
Dachshund wrote: November 5th, 2018, 11:10 am
As for Trump, he's the greatest Conservative leader and orator the Anglosphere has witnessed since Churchill.

So true! It's amazing what can be accomplished with a 50 word vocabulary and a zero comprehension of fact. Nearly everyone of his tweets is the epitome of fake news.
Yes, we are in a new world where:

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
Jklint

Post by Jklint »

Greta wrote: November 5th, 2018, 4:00 pm
Jklint wrote: November 5th, 2018, 3:47 pm

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
Does that mean things are looking up? Americans lately seem to be especially confused about this.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Jklint wrote: November 5th, 2018, 4:51 pm
Greta wrote: November 5th, 2018, 4:00 pm

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
Does that mean things are looking up? Americans lately seem to be especially confused about this.
Or perhaps the question is to whom are things looking up? No one that I know.

Return to “Philosophy of Politics”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream