The Impact of Social-Distancing as a New Normal

Have philosophical discussions about politics, law, and government.
Featured Article: Definition of Freedom - What Freedom Means to Me
Newme

Re: The Impact of Social-Distancing as a New Normal

Post by Newme »

Internet searches are really censoring now, so of course you won’t find the negatives that contradict official narratives. I read one before of hundreds of deaths after mRNA vaccine, but cannot find it now. A bit of digging I found...

28-year-old Healthcare Worker has Aneurysm – Brain Dead Five Days After Second Experimental Pfizer mRNA COVID Injection
https://www.bitchute.com/video/QqkOolXC4dj6/

Miami obstetrician Gregory Michael, 56, died after a catastrophic reaction to the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... r-BB1cx6DA

After administering the Pfizer experimental mRNA injections, 14 died within two weeks, and he reports that many others are near death.
https://healthimpactnews.com/2021/cna-n ... speak-out/

23 die in Norway after receiving Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine: officials[/i]
https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/23-die-in ... 9-vaccine/

There are many other similar cases of death after taking covid mRNA vaccines.

...”Injecting the body with mRNA strands — which are essentially protein synthesis instructions — could theoretically unleash catastrophic unintended consequences...

1) Sudden onset of autoimmune disorders...

2) Heightened inflammation... leading to... neurological damage, organ failure or cancer...

3) ...blood clotting... can lead to potentially fatal episodes of stroke or serious cardiovascular events.

4) Immune response interference... can result in various diseases and syndromes including hormonal / endocrine disorders, infertility, cardiovascular disease, neurological disorders...

5) ... inability to stop a runaway process that’s replicating out of control...

In addition to these five major risks, there are also enormously important questions about mRNA vaccines and some of the problems they might encounter in the body:

1) What happens if the desired protein folding goes awry?...

2) How do the antigens produced inside the cell efficiently get transported to the outer membrane of the cell? This answer seems to be confidently answered by experts in this area, but it raises a second round of questions regarding cell membrane permeability which we already know is altered by electromagnetic exposure from sources such as 5G signals from cell towers. Notably, mRNA vaccine researchers are well aware of the phenomenon known as “electroporation,” because it is used alongside “gene gun” approaches in an attempt to insert self-replicating RNA payloads into cells, as you can see mentioned in this study on mRNA vaccines.

3) What happens if the mRNA snippets get fragmented and only partial instructions are delivered to the ribosomes, resulting in translation of partial proteins?... end result could be... autoimmune disorder...

4) How might mRNA vaccines be maliciously weaponized as a depopulation platform to achieve globalist goals of depopulation via forced infertility? If mRNA can encode for the synthesis of any desired protein, it’s a simple matter to use the platform to build hormone-resembling antigens that would “teach” the human body to attack specific hormones necessary for reproduction and gestation.

... a rushed vaccine that skips animal trials and compresses many years of typical safety research into just a few months.

Importantly, many of the theoretical side effects of an mRNA vaccine would not become apparent until months or years after the initial injection. These adverse events are likely to be systemic, not acute, and would not become apparent in short-term clinical trials.”
“Empty is the argument of the philosopher which does not relieve any human suffering.” - Epicurus
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

One thing I like about the latest round of theories from RJG and Newme is that they are testable. RJG's theory is that we'll all soon be dead due to wearing masks. Newme's theory seems to be that a large number of us will die due to taking vaccines.

Where I live, something like 30% of the population have now taken vaccines and the vast majority are still social distancing and, where applicable, wearing masks. As a result the infection and death rate is now plunging and the plan is to return to normal social and economic life within about 4 months. So the test is simple and tangible. If most or all of us are dead soon, they're right. If not, they're wrong.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Only a simpleton searches for the risk-free path. The fact that every choice contains risk should be universally understood, yet isn't. It's not about avoiding risk, it's about managing risk.
"As usual... it depends."
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

LuckyR wrote:It's not about avoiding risk, it's about managing risk.
Very true. I said that same thing to a 20-something colleague of mine just the other day when he was boasting at having bought 0.8 bitcoins about a year ago, and is now in a position to buy quite a nice car with the proceeds. He's 20-something. I'm 50-something. Another colleague is 60-something and close to retirement. Our attitudes to risk in our investments reflects our respective ages and priorities. Bitcoin. A mixture of cask and stocks. All cash.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

gad-fly wrote:Social-Distancing is an imminent New Normal, if not the primary. I am not about to dwell here on its lineage and protagonist, but I would rather focus on its lasting power and its shock wave in the immediate future. I believe it will last for a long while, if not permanently. Once the pandemic is gone, it will be moderated not by much, as the specified distance may be reduced from 2m to 1.5m, for example. Many of our transport and entertainment models will be impacted beyond recognizing. Would car pool still be on? Can our mass transit operating at 50% capacity still survive? If not, who will satisfy the enormous demand for subsidy? If airplane can only carry 50% capacity, will mass air travel be a thing of the past? Sport events, show business, conventions, trade fair, and so on. We should be psychologically prepared for the shock on almost all of our social activity. Or should anti-social also become our New Normal?
If you're still looking in here, now that Covid-19 is on the way out, I'd be interested to know if you still think social distancing is set to be a new normal? At the moment, at least where I live, it's still necessary until the first generation of vaccines finishes rolling out over the next couple of months or so. But after that, if it's possible for social distancing to be dropped, I think it largely will be. When the Covid-19 virus is no longer a serious problem I think the human need for social contact with other humans will re-assert itself. I think mask-wearing will linger on for longer (because it doesn't have such a large effect on people's ability to socialize) but social distancing, I think, will largely disappear again.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Steve3007 wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 8:37 am
gad-fly wrote:Social-Distancing is an imminent New Normal, if not the primary. I am not about to dwell here on its lineage and protagonist, but I would rather focus on its lasting power and its shock wave in the immediate future. I believe it will last for a long while, if not permanently. Once the pandemic is gone, it will be moderated not by much, as the specified distance may be reduced from 2m to 1.5m, for example. Many of our transport and entertainment models will be impacted beyond recognizing. Would car pool still be on? Can our mass transit operating at 50% capacity still survive? If not, who will satisfy the enormous demand for subsidy? If airplane can only carry 50% capacity, will mass air travel be a thing of the past? Sport events, show business, conventions, trade fair, and so on. We should be psychologically prepared for the shock on almost all of our social activity. Or should anti-social also become our New Normal?
If you're still looking in here, now that Covid-19 is on the way out, I'd be interested to know if you still think social distancing is set to be a new normal? At the moment, at least where I live, it's still necessary until the first generation of vaccines finishes rolling out over the next couple of months or so. But after that, if it's possible for social distancing to be dropped, I think it largely will be. When the Covid-19 virus is no longer a serious problem I think the human need for social contact with other humans will re-assert itself. I think mask-wearing will linger on for longer (because it doesn't have such a large effect on people's ability to socialize) but social distancing, I think, will largely disappear again.
I agree, current social distancing is on the way out, but I anticipate mask wearing on say, airplanes by the cautious will be a new normal in the west, copying eastern preCovid behaviors.
"As usual... it depends."
gad-fly

Post by gad-fly »

Steve3007 wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 8:37 am
"I'd be interested to know if you still think social distancing is set to be a new normal."

Yes, in the sense that, like homosexuality, it would not be despised and looked down on by the general public, even though the majority is not homo. Those who maintain social distance would receive due respect in the tolerant society.

Self-imposed social distancing has always been around. Call that territoriality. Some would feel uncomfortable in a crowd. Many would move away from metropolis if they can. "No, I don't hate you, but simply that I want some peace and quiet (or fresh air and sunshine)." Granted that we are social animals, akin to lion rather than tiger and leopard. Our territorial comfort zone may be small, but it is always there.

I believe the present pandemic would start the trend, or fashion trend, towards social distancing. With ups and downs, the trend would be here to stay.
Belindi

Post by Belindi »

Social distancing sometimes means that in practice, polite people step aside from someone who is less able to step aside in order to give them room to safely breathe.
When this is seen to happen, and it does happen, human nature can seem good. Also, polite distancing behaviour demonstrates how moral precepts depend on circumstances of others' safety, happiness, and convenience.

Return to “Philosophy of Politics”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream