Can't we ever see the real world?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Philosophy Book of the Month, The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny by Rob White
Kks

Re: Can't we ever see the real world?

Post by Kks »

We are our brain. And conflicts inside our heads mainly about creation of our own life. Everyone has their version of “reality” This question could be answered by your own self and it have but for some reason you not satisfied with it. And inner “disagreement “ seeks confirmation from outside. No matter who said what it will be not your reality at this time unless you find agreement outside. Then you will make your new reality. Internal conflicts between different Brains in your head creating reality as you see.
But if we only could master this conflicts and bring alignment by wisdom. We could be creating desired reality
And most importantly we would know our desires.

I believe we looking into outside world asking for confirmation to satisfy our reptilian brain’s needs under illusions of act of consciousness and never get real satisfaction. Only wisdom can help us find better purposes and satisfaction and that come with practicing of knowledge and denial of this need for confirmation. That mean switch receiving mindset to serving.

Reality created in our heads and it’s quality depending on if we become peacemakers or victims of conflicts in our head.

So our world is our only and it is real! Our experiences making it very real. We feel it! And what you feel and your experiences can’t be real to me. I can’t feel what you feel. So your reality and your world can’t be mine. But we could create another world together and it won’t be real to any of us. And this why we could never avoid disappointment.

Unfortunately we get lost in creating different mutual worlds and forget of our own.

My desire is to master my own reality and then using gained wisdom for creation of mutual worlds that can be pleasant for others. And that will give me satisfaction for my old and new brain and harmony. Relationships making our reality! What kinda relationship you’re in with yourself? This reality you bring to relationships with others. :)

Anyhow that’s my argument for today :)

Sorry I am foreign so my English writing can be very confusing.
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member
Favorite Philosopher: Cratylus

Post by Pattern-chaser »

Kks wrote: May 21st, 2022, 10:36 pm So our world is our only and it is real!
Hi, Kks, and welcome! 🙂

Yes, our world is the only one we can perceive. But we have no reason to assume it is Objective Reality. We could be hallucinating, or we could be brains in vats, or one of the many other possibilities for which we have no evidence at all. All of them are possible, including the one that says that the reality that our senses and perception show to our minds actually is Objective Reality. Without evidence, we cannot analyse or draw conclusions; we can only guess.
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
Kks

Post by Kks »

Would love to talk about this more:) and thank you very much for warming welcoming!
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member

Post by Pattern-chaser »

Kks wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 8:46 pm Would love to talk about this more:)
Is there any particular aspect of what I wrote that you would care to explore?
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
Sushan
Book of the Month Discussion Leader

Post by Sushan »

Kks wrote: May 21st, 2022, 10:36 pm We are our brain. And conflicts inside our heads mainly about creation of our own life. Everyone has their version of “reality” This question could be answered by your own self and it have but for some reason you not satisfied with it. And inner “disagreement “ seeks confirmation from outside. No matter who said what it will be not your reality at this time unless you find agreement outside. Then you will make your new reality. Internal conflicts between different Brains in your head creating reality as you see.
But if we only could master this conflicts and bring alignment by wisdom. We could be creating desired reality
And most importantly we would know our desires.

I believe we looking into outside world asking for confirmation to satisfy our reptilian brain’s needs under illusions of act of consciousness and never get real satisfaction. Only wisdom can help us find better purposes and satisfaction and that come with practicing of knowledge and denial of this need for confirmation. That mean switch receiving mindset to serving.

Reality created in our heads and it’s quality depending on if we become peacemakers or victims of conflicts in our head.

So our world is our only and it is real! Our experiences making it very real. We feel it! And what you feel and your experiences can’t be real to me. I can’t feel what you feel. So your reality and your world can’t be mine. But we could create another world together and it won’t be real to any of us. And this why we could never avoid disappointment.

Unfortunately we get lost in creating different mutual worlds and forget of our own.

My desire is to master my own reality and then using gained wisdom for creation of mutual worlds that can be pleasant for others. And that will give me satisfaction for my old and new brain and harmony. Relationships making our reality! What kinda relationship you’re in with yourself? This reality you bring to relationships with others. :)

Anyhow that’s my argument for today :)

Sorry I am foreign so my English writing can be very confusing.
Your answer, the way of thinking, was the base for my question. If you cannot feel and see what I feel and see, and vice versa, none of us can see a common world. Amd there is no way to confirm whether I am seeing the reality or you are seeing the reality. So what we can do is only to make assumptions about what we see, and maybe that is not the reality at all.
“There is only one thing a philosopher can be relied upon to do, and that is to contradict other philosophers”

– William James
Sushan

Post by Sushan »

Pattern-chaser wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 9:39 am
Hi, Kks, and welcome! 🙂

Yes, our world is the only one we can perceive. But we have no reason to assume it is Objective Reality. We could be hallucinating, or we could be brains in vats, or one of the many other possibilities for which we have no evidence at all. All of them are possible, including the one that says that the reality that our senses and perception show to our minds actually is Objective Reality. Without evidence, we cannot analyse or draw conclusions; we can only guess.
Even with evidence I am not sure whether we may be able to get to a conclusion, since the evidence too can be subjective rather than being objective. And we are biased, and love to accept what we see as true rather than accepting someone else's views. So we may have to be content with our guessings rather than looking for the objective truth.
“There is only one thing a philosopher can be relied upon to do, and that is to contradict other philosophers”

– William James
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member

Post by Pattern-chaser »

Hi, Kks, and welcome! 🙂

Sushan wrote: May 25th, 2022, 6:14 am Even with evidence I am not sure whether we may be able to get to a conclusion, since the evidence too can be subjective rather than being objective. And we are biased, and love to accept what we see as true rather than accepting someone else's views. So we may have to be content with our guessings rather than looking for the objective truth.
Yes!!! You have captured the pointlessness of Objectivity, and taking an 'Objective' (as in 'Objectivism') view on the seeming/apparent world which we inhabit. The search for Objective Truth is an impossible conceit, and Objectivism is nothing more than intellectual autoeroticism.
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
Kks

Post by Kks »

Pattern-chaser wrote: May 25th, 2022, 7:59 am
Hi, Kks, and welcome! 🙂

Sushan wrote: May 25th, 2022, 6:14 am Even with evidence I am not sure whether we may be able to get to a conclusion, since the evidence too can be subjective rather than being objective. And we are biased, and love to accept what we see as true rather than accepting someone else's views. So we may have to be content with our guessings rather than looking for the objective truth.
Yes!!! You have captured the pointlessness of Objectivity, and taking an 'Objective' (as in 'Objectivism') view on the seeming/apparent world which we inhabit. The search for Objective Truth is an impossible conceit, and Objectivism is nothing more than intellectual autoeroticism.

👆😉If we talk about our own personal reality, I agree that it can't be an objective reality! Because no one can be you! And it will be biased due, to one’s emotions, feelings, and imagination. But that is my point. 🙏 Your experiences are yours and you are very much conscious of the most. Well at least ones that are matters to you. And your own biases do making your reality.
Your experiences are your reality!

When it comes to objective truth.... Well, I believe that there is no such thing as Truth.
Not only your truth will never be mine just like reality, but your own truth will never be the truth to you. Just look at deceiving and adaptive memory functions...😉
If there was a personal truth we wouldn't have philosophy❤️
Honestly is a good principle for society's morale and emotional health and the “truth” is the agreed measurement of completion just like miles for distance.

Well that's is just my the girly humble argument for this evening :) I am still just learning :)
Sushan

Post by Sushan »

Pattern-chaser wrote: May 25th, 2022, 7:59 am
Hi, Kks, and welcome! 🙂

The philosophical concept of objectivism goes along with selfishness, and I think it is practical though it may not be morally acceptable. But I agree with your thoughts on objective truths, which is a phenomenon which no one can really see.

– William James
Nightmare

Post by Nightmare »

Just today I contacted the second highest IQ of the planet, in order to discuss together. We couldn't ever know anything at all regarding the reality. The deducted cause it's elementary.

I'll try using a metaphor to be straightforward.
Have you ever shot a photograph? Well, in the latter moment: nothing conjectured might be connected inside a function. Returning to the idea of the brain, once you take a picture you are splitting the neurotransmitters activities; leaving each Neuronal cell singularly.

Then, since we know to be outside the reality; as for its nuclear structure: each experience must be taken as an allucination of our will. Which, anyway doesn't follow our freedom.
UniverseZero.
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member

Post by Pattern-chaser »

Pattern-chaser wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 9:39 am Yes, our world is the only one we can perceive. But we have no reason to assume it is Objective Reality. We could be hallucinating, or we could be brains in vats, or one of the many other possibilities for which we have no evidence at all. All of them are possible, including the one that says that the reality that our senses and perception show to our minds actually is Objective Reality. Without evidence, we cannot analyse or draw conclusions; we can only guess.
Pattern-chaser wrote: May 25th, 2022, 7:59 am Yes!!! You have captured the pointlessness of Objectivity, and taking an 'Objective' (as in 'Objectivism') view on the seeming/apparent world which we inhabit. The search for Objective Truth is an impossible conceit, and Objectivism is nothing more than intellectual autoeroticism.
Sushan wrote: May 27th, 2022, 6:32 am The philosophical concept of objectivism goes along with selfishness, and I think it is practical though it may not be morally acceptable. But I agree with your thoughts on objective truths, which is a phenomenon which no one can really see.
Objectivism is "practical"? Here I must disagree strongly. It is anything but practical. Objectivism is fantasy; wishful thinking. It is a fraudulent way to satisfy a perceived need for certainty, which we cannot seem to slake.
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
gheinz

Post by gheinz »

Sushan
"I would like to see your new thread...."
I'm sorry, I thought I already posted the address of the thread. Here is the address
Re: Is our reality just a construction?viewtopic.php?p=412791#p412791
I hope you haven't lost interest by now. But I still haven't said everything about the "path" in order to be able to walk it now. However, I would like to do this again soon.
Rende

Post by Rende »

I think we are nothing but all dependencies and reality is nothing but reality. A stage of more awareness is next to develop in our brains. The meanings will change. But that's what I imagine. Trying to be aware of only being has a big role currently in my life, and it has opened my sight a bit more on the world. The world becomes complicated if you make it complicated.
The answer to a problem usually lies in the solution. The world is bigger than us. Life always finds a path.
Elephant

Post by Elephant »

Sushan wrote: May 7th, 2022, 9:59 pm
Are we prisoners of our own worlds? Do we miss the opportunity to experience the real world? Creating your own world rather than seeing or living in the real world, is it a good thing or bad thing?
This is a paradox because being aware of ourselves (physically standing here or sitting there) is giving us that experience of the real world. So, to ask if we're prisoners of our own world is an automatic rejection of that thought.
Hungry

Return to “The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny by Rob White”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream