No Mind --> No Thoughts --> No Issues : Do you agree?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Philosophy Book of the Month, The Truth Is Beyond Belief!: Some thoughts to make you think about the power of your thoughts…by Jerry Durr
MAYA EL

Re: No Mind --> No Thoughts --> No Issues : Do you agree?

Post by MAYA EL »

Sy Borg wrote: August 15th, 2022, 8:27 pm
Joshua10 wrote: August 15th, 2022, 3:15 am
Sy Borg wrote: August 15th, 2022, 2:06 am
Joshua10 wrote: August 14th, 2022, 3:07 am
Well I would call them “in the moment” and “not in the moment” because that it is what the individual experiences them as.

I beg to disagree with your explanation, “wants” and “oughts” reside within the 2 “waking”consciousness states that the “I am” either does or doesn’t exercise control over.
I would not see 'in the moment' and 'not in the moment' as discrete states but poles of a continuum.

Whatever the technicalities, it appears that you are linking the "I am" with the present moment. Being. That would make the "I am" extremely ephemeral and changeable, just as we cannot 'swim the same river twice'.
I am not linking the “I am” with the present moment or the out of the moment, no.The “I am” experiences both the “in the in the moment” and “out of the moment states”.The “l am” toggles constantly between the two.These are the 2 waking consciousness states.The “I am” is neither of these consciousness states.

The “I am” either exercises or does not exercise CONTROL over these 2 consciousness states.The “I am” is not changeable.The consciousness state it experiences is changeable.

The “I am” is separate from the 2 consciousness states.
You clearly have a different angle to me. Some questions about your ideas:

What do you think happens to the "I am" when you sleep, and why does it return as usual when you are awake?

Do all humans have an "I am"? Is it the same "I am" in everyone or discrete "I ams"?

Do all organisms have an "I am"? If some don't, which?

Does the "I am" change during the course of one's life? If so, how? If not, why?

Does the "I am" survive death? If so, how does it do this?
Semantics can be a booger bear
Joshua10

Post by Joshua10 »

Sy Borg wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 6:05 am It seems to me that you are attributing consciousness to "I am", and everything else is processing. To me, that just shifts the problem back one level. It's like the idea that God made the universe, in which case one may ask, "Who made God?". The answer is always along the lines of, "Nothing did. God was always there". In which case, why not figure that the universe has always been here? Why add the extra layer?
I am not attributing consciousness to the “I am”, no.Maybe the way I have commented would make it seem that way.

The “I am” which I would suggest is completely separate to consciousness has the ability to process and take active control of which of the consciousness states it experiences.If it doesn’t take control then I would suggest that this is because there is an element to the “I am” which is UNAWARE.If you revert back to my previous comments I suggested that there were 2 parts to the “ I am” as well which also need to be untangled.

If this second part of the “I am” is UNAWARE that it needs to take control of the consciousness states then it won’t and will just “toggle” between the 2 consciousness states in unawareness.
Joshua10

Post by Joshua10 »

Pattern-chaser wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 6:57 am
Joshua10 wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 2:37 am I would suggest that as there is a controlling element to consciousness then the controlling element cannot be consciousness.
Why not? If "there is a controlling element to consciousness", i.e. consciousness has the ability to exert control, why can it not simply employ that ability? In your terms, the controlling element is not consciousness itself, but this ability-to-control is a part or attribute of consciousness, no?

Joshua10 wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 2:37 am There is a separate element to consciousness which I would suggest is the “I am”
So the "I am" is an "element" of consciousness, a part of consciousness...
Joshua10 wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 2:37 am I would suggest that the controlling elements interaction with thought types which is associated with engagement or non engagement directly affects the consciousness state that the “l am” experiences.
...but the "I am" "experiences" conscious states? 😯

Joshua10 wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 2:37 am The main suggestion being made here is that the “I am” is therefore not consciousness or thoughts.
Your main suggestion appears to be that the "I am" is part of consciousness, but not part of consciousness; that consciousness is part of the "I am", but also not part of the "I am". Your thoughts do not seem to include a means to see the relationships between the "I am", consciousness, conscious states, and thoughts. How do you see those things as being related/connected?
I would suggest that there is a part of the 2 part “I am” which,if AWARE can,learn to control the consciousness states it experiences.The 2 part “I am” needs to be untangled.

I would suggest that the “I am” and the consciousness states are all embroiled together but are separate elements.Thoughts are completely separate to the “I am” and the 2 “waking” consciousness states as well.

I would suggest that the “I am” generates outward thoughts “in the moment” and engages with inward thoughts and thus experiences the “out of the moment” consciousness state as a result.
Joshua10

Post by Joshua10 »

The brain works due to balanced vibrating electromagnetic forces.The fact is that the only way to BALANCE these forces of nature is by the formula +/-=+/-.

You simply cannot balance these electromagnetic forces within the brain with the formulas +=- and -=+

If you care anything about truth and your own mental health….then “take heed”.
Joshua10

Post by Joshua10 »

Out of this balanced vibratory formula which has "TOGGLING" + and - on both sides of the fence you get the 4 off FULL LOGIC electromagnetic force integrations -/-....-/+....+/-....+/+
Joshua10

Post by Joshua10 »

correction......interactions -/-......-/+....+/-.....+/+
Joshua10

Post by Joshua10 »

You cannot produce the binary (software) full logic that is required for brain processing unless you have vibratory balanced + and - electromagnetic forces.

As I keep saying, the symmetrical formula for the universe is +/-=+/-

It is not +=- and -=+
Sondang Hotmauli
Premium Member

Post by Sondang Hotmauli »

Finding a balance between subjective beliefs and objective reality is essential. While suppressing our minds may seem like a solution to avoid arguments, it hinders progress. Open-mindedness, critical thinking, and respectful dialogue are key. Acknowledging the subjective nature of our beliefs and embracing diverse perspectives allows for constructive discussions that promote unity. Silencing our minds is not the answer; empathy, respect, and active listening are important. By striking a balance between independent thinking and open-mindedness, we can navigate disagreements while appreciating diverse viewpoints. Engaging in thoughtful discourse allows for harmonious coexistence and collective growth. Ultimately, unity is fostered when we find a middle ground, nurturing both independent thinking and respect for diverse perspectives. By doing so, we create an environment that encourages understanding and expands our collective knowledge.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Sondang Hotmauli wrote: June 29th, 2023, 7:04 am Finding a balance between subjective beliefs and objective reality is essential. While suppressing our minds may seem like a solution to avoid arguments, it hinders progress. Open-mindedness, critical thinking, and respectful dialogue are key. Acknowledging the subjective nature of our beliefs and embracing diverse perspectives allows for constructive discussions that promote unity. Silencing our minds is not the answer; empathy, respect, and active listening are important. By striking a balance between independent thinking and open-mindedness, we can navigate disagreements while appreciating diverse viewpoints. Engaging in thoughtful discourse allows for harmonious coexistence and collective growth. Ultimately, unity is fostered when we find a middle ground, nurturing both independent thinking and respect for diverse perspectives. By doing so, we create an environment that encourages understanding and expands our collective knowledge.
Very true... in optimal conditions. However, there are numerous close-minded individuals and groups who know all of the answers and who view "discussion" as a lecture opportunity where explaining to others just exactly how things work is the goal.
"As usual... it depends."
Joshua10

Post by Joshua10 »

There is the issue of having to balance consciousness in response to the original statement.
Joshua10

Post by Joshua10 »

INWARD only meditation is just that. INWARD!!!!!

The individual decides to go INWARD to carryout INWARD only reasoning.

If you can go INWARD, you can then decide to go back OUTWARD again.

The problem with INWARD only meditative reasoning is that the individual becomes the Observer and the Observed within an INWARD ONLY consciousness state. Remember, an INWARD ONLY state !!!! and NOT an OUTWARD only state!!!

This INWARD only meditative reasoning practice is dualistic because it involves an Observer /Observed scenario.

There is no truth to be gained from this type of INWARD ONLY meditative practice simply because it is INWARD only as far as consciousness is concerned.

Science knows nothing about how consciousness works in the overall system.

If you are in this INWARD only consciousness state exercising the HALF logic reasoning of +=- and -=+ (which is a pure guess) then you will inevitably be persuaded that you don't actually exist because it is assumed that + and - cancel out.

However,+=+ and -=- is the other half logic possibility that can't be ignored I'm afraid and so these logics also need to be considered within this INWARD only dualistic reasoning practice because WE KNOW!!!! it is IMPOSSIBLE to cancel out + and - electromagnetic forces in nature.

You can only balance these electromagnetic forces by the formula +/-=+/- which is the true formula for nature.

Clearly, individuals would know this if they took the OUTWARD consciousness state into account during their meditative reasonings.

BUT THEY DON'T.

They don't of course because they DON'T understand consciousness

If you understood consciousness then you wouldn't be adopting PURELY the a +=- and -=+ formulas in your meditative reasonings because these statements are NOT TRUE when it comes to the 2 equal but opposite electromagnetic forces in nature.

You would be adopting the correct balanced formula +/-=+/- because this formula is the ONLY way you can balance these forces of nature.

The truth is that scientists DON'T understand science because they don't understand consciousness. If they understood consciousness then they would understand science.

Mindfulness is about being AWARE that being in the moment is precisely not the place to be. If you are not in the moment then you are clearly somewhere else. If you are in the moment then you are clearly not in the place that is not in the moment. It is a fact that every individual “Toggles” backwards and forwards between these two + and - states of consciousness. It is not about residing in one or the other. It is about balancing these consciousness states because we are not a consciousness experience just as we are not a thought either.

The IN and OUT of the moment consciousness states are merely experiential states.

Don't associated yourself with these 2 states therefore. Rather, be AWARE that you constantly "TOGGLE" backwards and forwards between these two states all the time whether you are AWARE of it or not.

It is impossible to cancel these 2 states out.

Many individuals believe that the place to be is the IN the moment state which is incorrect. As you cannot cancel these 2 states of consciousness, all you can do is BALANCE them. We have the science to PROVE it.

AWARENESS sits above CONSCIOUSNESS!!!!!!!!!! and has greater authority than it.

Remember also that science is SYMMETRICAL!!!!!!

So the IN and OUT of the moment consciousness states are both on the LEFT & the RIGHT giving a balanced consciousness state formula +/-=+/-

This is the only way you can balance the electromagnetic forces in nature which are causing these "TOGGLING" consciousness state experiences within the brain.
Mounce574
Premium Member

Post by Mounce574 »

with no mind, no thoughts, no issues - then that means you are a single cell organism.
Seriously, this seems like a way to ignore what is actually happening. Life continues to exist and progress around you no matter how much you try to avoid dealing with it. By doing nothing, you are making a choice to become a victim by your lack of responding to life.
"Facts don't care about your feelings." Ben Shapiro
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." NF from Motto
Joshua10

Post by Joshua10 »

Mounce574 wrote: July 19th, 2023, 8:49 pm with no mind, no thoughts, no issues - then that means you are a single cell organism.
Seriously, this seems like a way to ignore what is actually happening. Life continues to exist and progress around you no matter how much you try to avoid dealing with it. By doing nothing, you are making a choice to become a victim by your lack of responding to life.
Which pretty much sums up why there are so many problems around the world with mental health now.Doing nothing at all doesn’t resolve that.That is delusional.You need to be able to operate the body, including the brain/mind interface in manual.You have to learn to take control rather than being controlled by autopilot all the time.Autopilot continues to function whether you can be bothered to contribute or not.

Sadly,many don’t because they simply don’t know how to.
Joshua10

Post by Joshua10 »

Autopilot mode operation includes being switched to manual constantly you know. That is what Autopilot does when it is unable to resolve an issue. The problem is that most individuals are totally unaware that this is what is happening so are merely the slaves of the automated process.

Autopilot works perfectly ok without you and will use you totally when it wants to.

Sorry but I have a picture of a face with 2 half shut glazed eyes staring into space, the individuals mouth being half open. You know the zombie look.

I think that is what you are describing is the answer. Surely not!!!

Take control for goodness sake.
Moreno

Post by Moreno »

Sushan wrote: July 9th, 2022, 6:43 am

Thinking about this, I got the idea that there will be no more arguments if we do not let our minds to act on their own. What do you say?
No Mind --> No Thoughts --> No Issues : Do you agree?
No life-->No Issues...I guess as an argument for suicide? Anyway, it's shorter than the title of the thread.

You haven't said this is our goal or should be our goal - to be free of issues - but yes, if we aren't experiencing - have no minds - then, yes, we'd wouldn't have issues. Or if by 'mind' you mean that portion of us that thinks, then we'd probably have less issues if we didn't/couldn't think. So, for those who have as their only, and without-proviso, goal, having no mind might be a good option. I haven't met one of these people.

Return to “The Truth Is Beyond Belief!: Some thoughts to make you think about the power of your thoughts…by Jerry Durr”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream