Do humans evolve at a fast pace?

Use this forum to discuss the September 2022 Philosophy Book of the Month, The Not So Great American Novel by James E Doucette
User avatar
Sculptor1
Posts: 5273
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 5:35 am

Re: Do humans evolve at a fast pace?

Post by Sculptor1 »

Joshua10 wrote: September 9th, 2022, 2:32 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: September 9th, 2022, 2:20 pm
Joshua10 wrote: September 9th, 2022, 12:25 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: September 9th, 2022, 6:39 am

I take that back. You are deliberately ignorant and in denial of the truth.
Jog on
I would suggest that am not ignorant of the psychological workings which mimic the cosmos workings which confirms that secular science is not natures science.All sciences are interconnected.
I can only suggest you read something about which you hope to comment upon.
Tell me exactly where Darwin goes wrong in his books. I've given you directions where you have free access to them.
The point is that the evidence for evolution is so weak that it isn’t worth bothering with Sculptor1.The massive gaps that existed when Darwin first suggested the theory are still as massive.You can fill these gaps with your hopes if you wish but zero evidence in the geology records which should have billions upon billions of clear credible evidences of the minute state by stage evolutionary claims is proof enough that it isn’t a credible theory.
Yes. if you stick your head in a bucket of sand the evidence for most things will seem rather weak.
Belindi
Moderator
Posts: 4931
Joined: September 11th, 2016, 2:11 pm

Re: Do humans evolve at a fast pace?

Post by Belindi »

Sculptor1 wrote: September 15th, 2022, 5:46 am
Joshua10 wrote: September 9th, 2022, 2:32 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: September 9th, 2022, 2:20 pm
Joshua10 wrote: September 9th, 2022, 12:25 pm

I would suggest that am not ignorant of the psychological workings which mimic the cosmos workings which confirms that secular science is not natures science.All sciences are interconnected.
I can only suggest you read something about which you hope to comment upon.
Tell me exactly where Darwin goes wrong in his books. I've given you directions where you have free access to them.
The point is that the evidence for evolution is so weak that it isn’t worth bothering with Sculptor1.The massive gaps that existed when Darwin first suggested the theory are still as massive.You can fill these gaps with your hopes if you wish but zero evidence in the geology records which should have billions upon billions of clear credible evidences of the minute state by stage evolutionary claims is proof enough that it isn’t a credible theory.
Yes. if you stick your head in a bucket of sand the evidence for most things will seem rather weak.
Joshua, do you understand many animal and plant breeds have been artificially selected by breeders ?
User avatar
Pattern-chaser
Posts: 4947
Joined: September 22nd, 2019, 5:17 am
Favorite Philosopher: Cratylus
Location: England

Re: Do humans evolve at a fast pace?

Post by Pattern-chaser »

Joshua10 wrote: September 9th, 2022, 2:32 pm The point is that the evidence for evolution is so weak that it isn’t worth bothering with Sculptor1.The massive gaps that existed when Darwin first suggested the theory are still as massive.You can fill these gaps with your hopes if you wish but zero evidence in the geology records which should have billions upon billions of clear credible evidences of the minute state by stage evolutionary claims is proof enough that it isn’t a credible theory.
Of all those creatures that die, how many of them do you think die in such a situation that their bodies might be preserved, to some extent, by fossilisation? One in a thousand? One in a million? ... Even less? So the statistical sample offered by fossilisation captures only the tiniest proportion of extant animals. This neither confirms or denies evolution, but it does offer a reason why many alleged stages of evolution might be missed. 🤔🤔🤔
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"
Joshua10
Posts: 271
Joined: March 20th, 2021, 4:07 am

Re: Do humans evolve at a fast pace?

Post by Joshua10 »

Belindi wrote: September 15th, 2022, 10:48 am
Sculptor1 wrote: September 15th, 2022, 5:46 am
Joshua10 wrote: September 9th, 2022, 2:32 pm
Sculptor1 wrote: September 9th, 2022, 2:20 pm

I can only suggest you read something about which you hope to comment upon.
Tell me exactly where Darwin goes wrong in his books. I've given you directions where you have free access to them.
The point is that the evidence for evolution is so weak that it isn’t worth bothering with Sculptor1.The massive gaps that existed when Darwin first suggested the theory are still as massive.You can fill these gaps with your hopes if you wish but zero evidence in the geology records which should have billions upon billions of clear credible evidences of the minute state by stage evolutionary claims is proof enough that it isn’t a credible theory.
Yes. if you stick your head in a bucket of sand the evidence for most things will seem rather weak.
Joshua, do you understand many animal and plant breeds have been artificially selected by breeders ?
Yes, but what is your point?
Joshua10
Posts: 271
Joined: March 20th, 2021, 4:07 am

Re: Do humans evolve at a fast pace?

Post by Joshua10 »

Pattern-chaser wrote: September 15th, 2022, 12:47 pm
Joshua10 wrote: September 9th, 2022, 2:32 pm The point is that the evidence for evolution is so weak that it isn’t worth bothering with Sculptor1.The massive gaps that existed when Darwin first suggested the theory are still as massive.You can fill these gaps with your hopes if you wish but zero evidence in the geology records which should have billions upon billions of clear credible evidences of the minute state by stage evolutionary claims is proof enough that it isn’t a credible theory.
Of all those creatures that die, how many of them do you think die in such a situation that their bodies might be preserved, to some extent, by fossilisation? One in a thousand? One in a million? ... Even less? So the statistical sample offered by fossilisation captures only the tiniest proportion of extant animals. This neither confirms or denies evolution, but it does offer a reason why many alleged stages of evolution might be missed. 🤔🤔🤔
But that is my point.The enormous CAVERNS in the evolution theory can only be filled with assumptions so why are they teaching it in schools as a fact? Brainwashing I call that.
User avatar
Sy Borg
Site Admin
Posts: 12744
Joined: December 16th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Re: Do humans evolve at a fast pace?

Post by Sy Borg »

This thread has been locked because the topic's subject matter is being ignored.

By all means let Sushan or me know by PM when you are ready to discuss the topic, and the thread can resume.
Belindi
Moderator
Posts: 4931
Joined: September 11th, 2016, 2:11 pm

Re: Do humans evolve at a fast pace?

Post by Belindi »

Joshua10 wrote: September 15th, 2022, 1:52 pm
Belindi wrote: September 15th, 2022, 10:48 am
Sculptor1 wrote: September 15th, 2022, 5:46 am
Joshua10 wrote: September 9th, 2022, 2:32 pm

The point is that the evidence for evolution is so weak that it isn’t worth bothering with Sculptor1.The massive gaps that existed when Darwin first suggested the theory are still as massive.You can fill these gaps with your hopes if you wish but zero evidence in the geology records which should have billions upon billions of clear credible evidences of the minute state by stage evolutionary claims is proof enough that it isn’t a credible theory.
Yes. if you stick your head in a bucket of sand the evidence for most things will seem rather weak.
Joshua, do you understand many animal and plant breeds have been artificially selected by breeders ?
Yes, but what is your point?
The reason I asked is I wondered if you understand biological selection , or if it's the natural version of selection you don't understand.

Darwin cross bred fancy pigeons, in his garden, to find out if he could get specific biologically transferable traits from the crossbreeds. He found he could do so. Later on he found finches in the Galapagos Islands had adapted their beaks to the foods on the islands, all by themselves , with no human intervention.
I expect your theory can explain this adaptation among Galapagos finches however I wondered if you understand your theory well enough to do so.
Post Reply

Return to “The Not So Great American Novel by James E Doucette”

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
by Dr Frank L Douglas
August 2021

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts
by Mark L. Wdowiak
September 2021

The Preppers Medical Handbook

The Preppers Medical Handbook
by Dr. William W Forgey M.D.
October 2021

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
by Dr. Gustavo Kinrys, MD
November 2021

Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir

Dream For Peace
by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah
December 2021