When was the last time you changed your mind about something?

Discuss the November 2022 Philosophy Book of the Month, In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must buy and read the book. After buying the book, please upload a screenshot of your receipt or proof or purchase via OnlineBookClub. Once the moderators approve your purchase at OnlineBookClub, you will then also automatically be given access to post in this forum.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the book In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All. Anyone can view the forum and read the post, but only people who purchased the book can post in the forum.

If your purchase has not already been verified (i.e. if you don't already have access to post in this forum), then please upload a screenshot of your receipt or proof or purchase via OnlineBookClub. Once the moderators approve your purchase at OnlineBookClub, you will then also automatically be given access to post in this forum.
Surabhi Rani
Premium Member

Re: When was the last time you changed your mind about something?

Post by Surabhi Rani »

One week ago, all my efforts and endeavors transformed into 'selfless action' in my life. That was while I was contemplating the essence of all philosophies and spirituality as a yoga practitioner. My practice culminated in a positive thought 'I will not work for money or fame but for God.' I found my expression in your words I saw on twitter 'An interesting thing happens when you learn to love the journey and learn to love the adventure... Your relationship to goals and dreams become different. The goals paradoxically become the means. They are the means to the adventure.' From that time onwards, my ambtions and goals in life changed completely.
NaghmaQ
Premium Member

Post by NaghmaQ »

I got into learning an emotional therapy technique for the purpose of self-help and helping my family members. I am a social worker and researcher by profession, and I never thought of becoming a therapist. But as I continued practicing sessions as part of my training, I realized it was my gift to be with my client, showing empathy, and providing that safe space that the client is in dire need of. It all came so naturally to me, and it gave me immense joy to be able to help someone heal emotionally. I changed my mind about not taking therapy as a profession, and today I am quite close to my certification. And I am so happy I made the right decision.
Bright U
Premium Member

Post by Bright U »

About a year ago, I changed my mind on a toxic relationship I felt I couldn't leave because I was too hooked in and I have experienced so much internal peace since then.
Anil G
Premium Member

Post by Anil G »

Recently, I changed my mind about my career, and I don't want to do a job. Will start some things that matter to me and do them in a way which benefits the world. The reason is that I seek freedom. Not working for someone else is the first step I'm taking for my freedom.
SEEK FREEDOM!
jesse_voyamba
Premium Member

Post by jesse_voyamba »

Despite encouraging people to learn, relearn, and unlearn, I find myself clinging tight to things I believe in. Like I could see some flaws about them and not want to change my perspective of them. One of such is the 10,000-hour rule. I used to believe that the only way to master a thing is to dedicate 10,000 hours to learning it. However, a research I made by meeting and interacting with some skilled people around me flawed the 10,000 hour rule. I now believe that above all, one needs to consistency and grit to master a skill.
Jaidyn Taylor
Premium Member

Post by Jaidyn Taylor »

I honestly can’t think of a major life decisions made that I changed my mind on…mostly because my whole life (really everyone’s lived) are constantly affected by us changing our minds. Every second our brain is working we’re changing our mind. Perhaps not on a level that is life or death but it still changes our day/life.
If I had to give one example, it would be where to go go college. This is less changing my mind—because I hadn’t really made a decision—but more settling on a choice between two colleges. I was going to attend one in my home town where I could still live at home and save money. I would have gotten scholarships. But i chose to attend a school several hours away because it simply felt right. I ended up meeting some amazing friends there and my husband.
Chimomaebuka Ejimchi
Premium Member

Post by Chimomaebuka Ejimchi »

I change my mind frequently on a lot of things, including tangible and intangible things. I changed my mind today about studying medicine. This is what my parents want me to do not what I want to do.
Stephen Christopher 1
Premium Member

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

This is perfect timing, as it was today! We have decided to relocate from the province we live in now as we've had enough of many things here. We'd narrowed our search down to 4 other provinces and had pretty much decided on a place called Kanchanaburi. We were all set to move there, but today we went back to a previous city we lived in called Bangsaen and remembered all the wonderful memories we had there, so we instantly decided that we'd move back there. Both of us are very happy with this decision, and are looking forward to making more wonderful memories there.
Nganyi Humphrey
Premium Member

Post by Nganyi Humphrey »

I usually change my mind, numerous times. The last time I changed my mind was today morning. I was to visit a friend but since I had a school assignment which is due today I had to forego the visit in an attempt to ensure I complete the school assignment.
Catalina Isabel
Premium Member

Post by Catalina Isabel »

Stephen Christopher 1 wrote: June 14th, 2023, 10:28 am This is perfect timing, as it was today! We have decided to relocate from the province we live in now as we've had enough of many things here. We'd narrowed our search down to 4 other provinces and had pretty much decided on a place called Kanchanaburi. We were all set to move there, but today we went back to a previous city we lived in called Bangsaen and remembered all the wonderful memories we had there, so we instantly decided that we'd move back there. Both of us are very happy with this decision, and are looking forward to making more wonderful memories there.
Oh wow, that is exciting and seems like the right decision! I think this is a great example of changing your mind for a better outcome.
Akangbe Opeyemi
Premium Member

Post by Akangbe Opeyemi »

This is a big question. When don't we ever change our minds about things? The difference is just the significance of the decisions that were changed. I don't have a too good relationship with my family and I was so ready to make everything more toxic since I wasn't happy. Then one day I was talking to my friend about some wonderful memories I had of my family and I realized my past thoughts weren't worth it. Things just get crazier and distance becomes greater.
It freed some pain I had been holding in all these while.
Jennifer Coxon
Premium Member

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

I tend to experience changing my mind a lot at work when someone sets me a task that my brain instantly goes I can't do it, or why should I do it. This has happened several times in the past couple of weeks. I find after a kind of cooling-off period I realise that yes, it may be a challenge, but that it's a way to show I can step up and handle it. After that change in thinking, I am usually able to figure out a way to do the task or at least a plan of action without my mental block in the way.
Caroline Anne Richmond
Premium Member

Post by Caroline Anne Richmond »

I recently changed my mind about fear. I live on a small Canarian island where the predominant language is Spanish. I am learning Spanish but living in an ex-pat community, it is hard to find Spanish people to practice the language with. I have a young son here and taking him to medical appointments, nursery and other appointments instills great anxiety about the prospect of communicating.
I decided recently to change this feeling of fear to determination, a determination to look at these situations as opportunity to practice speaking Spanish and develop my language skills.
This shift in perspective has given me motivation and has forced me to remind myself that everyone has to learn and to not let fear hold me back.
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
Premium Member

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

Two years ago almost to the date, I decided not to move in with my long time fiance. It really put a strain on our relationship as she was really looking forward to it as the next step in our lives. I decided it would not be fair having to make her struggle alongside me to make ends meet as I was a temp. at the time.
Liza Chulukhadze
Premium Member

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

The most important one I can think of is two months ago when I changed my majors from marketing to psychology. I found myself interested in the subject more and think it is more useful in real life.

Return to “Discuss "In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream