A music / listening share thread?

Chat about anything your heart desires here, just be civil. Factual or scientific questions about philosophy go here (e.g. "When was Socrates born?"), and so most homework help questions belong here. Note, posts in the off-topic section will not increase new members post counts. This includes the introductions and feedback sections.
Papus79

Re: A music / listening share thread?

Post by Papus79 » November 17th, 2020, 10:57 am

People aren't fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, we're fundamentally trying to survive. It's the environment and culture which tells us what that's going to be.

Steve3007
Favorite Philosopher: Eratosthenes of Cyrene

Post by Steve3007 » November 18th, 2020, 6:58 am

Papus79

Post by Papus79 » November 18th, 2020, 7:47 pm

People aren't fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, we're fundamentally trying to survive. It's the environment and culture which tells us what that's going to be.

Papus79

Post by Papus79 » November 20th, 2020, 11:22 am

Pattern-chaser
Favorite Philosopher: Cratylus

Post by Pattern-chaser » November 20th, 2020, 12:49 pm

I've currently got Stan Getz on shuffle-play. Jazz can be challenging, via modality or tempo, but easy-listening jazz is good too, and that's what Stan Getz offers: easy, comfortable listening, and I love it. :)
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"

Count Lucanor
Favorite Philosopher: Umberto Eco

Post by Count Lucanor » Today, 12:23 am

Got to a food truck in Florida and exchanged greetings with the cook, who said "I'm from Haiti". Spent a few seconds thinking what to say that we could relate to, and then I said: "Mabouya, Tabou Combo". He gave me a big smile and a thumbs up.