I need help with my skepticism

Chat about anything your heart desires here, just be civil. Factual or scientific questions about philosophy go here (e.g. "When was Socrates born?"), and so most homework help questions belong here. Note, posts in the off-topic section will not increase new members post counts. This includes the introductions and feedback sections.
Arjen
Favorite Philosopher: Immanuel Kant

Re: I need help with my skepticism

Post by Arjen »

I understood. You are using the word doubting in a different way. However, that is not what is equal to postponing judgment. Look at it **** this:
1) I observe a thing crashing. My friend calls it a UFO.
2) I consider if it could be a UFO.
3) I reject that idea <-- judgment = false.
4) i say I doubt it.
5) I go there and examine the debris without making claims. <-- postponing judgment.

I think that you should understan the difference between judging and predicating.
Judging = true<->false, hot<->cold, etc.
Predicating = naming

Does that clarify?
The saying that what is true in theory is not always true in practice, means that the theory is wrong!
~Immanuel Kant
Terrapin Station
Favorite Philosopher: Bertrand Russell and WVO Quine

Post by Terrapin Station »

Arjen wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 5:23 pm I understood. You are using the word doubting in a different way. However, that is not what is equal to postponing judgment. Look at it **** this:
4) i say I doubt it.
5) I go there and examine the debris without making claims. <-- postponing judgment.

I think that you should understan the difference between judging and predicating.
Predicating = naming

Does that clarify?
No, that didn't clarify anything. You're not simply naming something when you're skeptical.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Joker2510 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 11:33 am After getting into philosophy, I started questioning almost everything that showed up in my mind. The problem is I started questioning if my family and my friends love me. I mean, I do feel like they love, but I just don't see how I can be sure.
The only way you can be sure is through trust.

If you trust them enough to know that they will not lie to you, then when, and if, they say they love you, then you can be sure that they do.

Also, the emotions felt, from what they do, is a sign of what is going on around you.
Joker2510 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 11:33 am I know I love them because I feel the love. But how can I be certain they're not just lying to me and acting really well.
Trust, again.
Joker2510 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 11:33 am The idea of them having lied to me this whole time sounds absurd, but I just don't see how to logically exclude that possibility.
If they had lied to you previously, about any thing, then you could not trust them absolutely and fully. However, the less they have lied to you, then the more you can trust them.
Joker2510 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 11:33 am I frequently feel sad and unmotivated to do things because of this doubt.
The reason there is doubt there is because TRUE LOVE does NOT YET exist, in this 'world'.

But this is NOT a real reason to feel sad nor unmotivated. You have even expressed that you 'feel the love' anyway. And this is all that really matters, so far.
Joker2510 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 11:33 am This also affects me when it comes to being sure if someone is lying or not. If I hear a clearly contradictory statement, then, yeah, I can tell someone's lying. However, when it comes to their subjective view of things, I just don't know how to be sure they're being honest.
This doubt only exists because the 'world' that you are living in now is created on dishonesty.
Joker2510 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 11:33 am I do get the feeling someone is lying or saying the truth, but I just can't say I'm certain.
When dishonesty ends, which is not to far into the future anyway, then certainty will prevail.
Joker2510 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 11:33 am What can I do to change this?
You can NOT necessarily change "others". You can only change 'you'. So, what you can change is just your own dishonesty and just be Truly Honest, all of the time.

There is not much that you can really do to make/change "others" to be Truly Honest, to you. See, some people do not even know that they are lying to 'their' own "selves", let alone to "others".
Joker2510 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 11:33 am Do I just have to assume people are being honest or dishonest? I'd be really grateful for any attempt to help me. :(
I suggest NEVER 'assuming' ANY thing.

One way, however, that you can help in changing "others", so that they NEVER lie to you and are always Truly Honest to you, is for you to NEVER be judgmental, critical, nor punitive in your views and behaviors towards ANY other's views and behaviors.

Do you reckon you could do this?

By the way once you discover or learn EXACTLY WHY you have your views and behave the way you do, then you understand WHY EVERY one has the views they have and behaves the way they do, and then you will naturally NOT be judgmental, critical, nor punitive towards ANY "other" human being. And then, human beings can be far more OPEN and Honest, with one "another". And when they are, then you, and "others", will NOT be questioning the things that you are here, now.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Felix wrote: August 20th, 2019, 2:40 am
Joker2510: I mean, I do feel like they love, but I just don't see how I can be sure.
Why do you have a need for certainty on that? It seems rather neurotic.
This is just a part of 'questioning', itself.

Some people just 'believe' what they hear and see, while others just remain OPEN and 'question' things. There is certainly NOT necessarily ANY thing neurotic about doing the latter.

Regarding the former, however, this could be 'questioned'.
Your self worth should not depend on what others think and feel about you.
Why did you ASSUME that one's 'self' worth was ever depended on what others think and/or feel about 'you'?
As someone said, "what you think of me is none of my business."
This also affects me when it comes to being sure if someone is lying or not.
This is just something one learns by interacting with people: one learns to recognize falsehood.
LOL And how good at it are you, REALLY?

If people do not even know when they are lying to their own selves, then this recognizing ability could be said to have completely vanished.

Also, because adult human beings are total experts and fooling their own selves, and others, then it can actually be from interacting with people where the ability to recognize actual falsehood becomes blurred with recognizing actual truth.
Felix wrote: August 20th, 2019, 2:40 am If you are not, it means you need to socialize more (in the real world of course) and/or you are seeking security from others.
Now, considering EVERY adult human being lies, and lies a considering amount of times EVERY day, then socializing more with them may not be the actual best advice at all.
Felix wrote: August 20th, 2019, 2:40 am Security comes from within yourself, by understanding your psyche, feelings and motivations.
And how well do 'you' actually know and understand the psyche, feelings, and motivations, from within?

Are you 'secure' or 'insecure'?

(Some, of the more enlightened ones, would have noticed and recognized, instantly, the very paradoxical nature of that clarifying question.)
Felix wrote: August 20th, 2019, 2:40 am And you won't find certainty in this world.
Is this a 'certainty'?

See, EVERY time some one makes a claim about Truth, Certainty, or Absolutes can NOT known, they are instantaneously contradicting 'their' own 'self'.
Felix wrote: August 20th, 2019, 2:40 am As they say, the only things certain here are death and taxes. Good luck.
Yet these things, quite humorously, are NOT even a 'certainty' themselves.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Alpha1 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:30 am The best way to think of this is whether or not they are making an effort to show their affection.
But, they could be 'making an effort' to show "their affection" just to get some thing from the "other".

Every adult has done this in one form or another.
Alpha1 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:30 am We can never really know what the other person thinks or feels about us
We CAN if they tell us, AND, we Trust them wholly, or enough.
Alpha1 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:30 am and it is safe to say that everyone in some sense cannot fully control their own feelings or emotions
This may be what happens for 'you'. But this is certainly NOT what happens for 'I'.
Alpha1 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:30 am but nevertheless what matters most is their effort, an effort to show their affection for you and their commitment in continuing that.
But what under-lying motive do they have, for doing this?

If this is NOT YET KNOWN, then we are back to 'questioning', again.
Alpha1 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:30 am Parents maybe irritated by a child but doesn't mean they don't love him,
Sounds like there is quite a difference between 'unconditional love' and just a 'love' here.

What could a child possibly do that could or would, supposedly, "irritate" a Truly Loving parent?
Alpha1 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:30 am emotion is just a feeling and that usually comes and goes but the commitment to show their care for that child everyday for the rest of their lives is what really counts.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Steve3007 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 4:50 am
Joker2510 wrote:After getting into philosophy, I started questioning almost everything that showed up in my mind. The problem is I started questioning if my family and my friends love me. I mean, I do feel like they love, but I just don't see how I can be sure. I know I love them because I feel the love. But how can I be certain they're not just lying to me and acting really well. The idea of them having lied to me this whole time sounds absurd, but I just don't see how to logically exclude that possibility...
You can't be certain that they're not just lying. They could be. They could be actors, as in The Truman Show. Or they might not exist at all; they could be figments of your imagination. Do you worry about that? If not, then why worry that they may only be pretending to love you?
Because they MIGHT JUST BE PRETENDING.

There are, after all, quite a few children whose parent/s JUST PRETEND to love them.
Steve3007 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 4:50 am
If you worried about everything that could conceivably be true; if you worried about every possibility that you couldn't logically exclude, then you'd have a hell of a lot more to worry about than the love of your family and friends. Don't worry about what could logically be true. Stick with what appears, on the evidence so far, to be true.

If it looks like a duck, and it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, don't worry that it might not be a duck. Just feed it some bread.
So, in other words, are you saying; JUST PRETEND, as well?
Steve3007 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 4:50 am Relax, and learn from Doctor Flicker:
But WHY 'try to' enjoy ourselves will we are here? WHY NOT just enjoy ourselves will we are here?
evolution

Post by evolution »

Terrapin Station wrote: June 13th, 2020, 6:15 pm The key for this sort of stuff is to let go of what's essentially a neurotic need for certainty.
Coming from the one who continually writes in a way that expresses that they KNOW what is certain.

Finding and KNOWING 'certainty' is about one of the easiest AND simplest things to do, while there still CERTAINLY exists NO 'need' for 'certainty', itself.
Terrapin Station wrote: June 13th, 2020, 6:15 pm Instead, ask yourself what reasons you have to believe one possibility over another. What evidence do you have? If the only evidence you have for something is that it's possible--nothing else supports it aside from the logical possibility of it being the case, then that's not really a good reason to believe something.
What good reason is there to BELIEVE ANY thing?
Jack D Ripper

Post by Jack D Ripper »

evolution wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 10:48 pm
Joker2510 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 11:33 am After getting into philosophy, I started questioning almost everything that showed up in my mind. The problem is I started questioning if my family and my friends love me. I mean, I do feel like they love, but I just don't see how I can be sure.

If you trust them enough to know that they will not lie to you, then when, and if, they say they love you, then you can be sure that they do.

Also, the emotions felt, from what they do, is a sign of what is going on around you.
Joker2510 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 11:33 am I know I love them because I feel the love. But how can I be certain they're not just lying to me and acting really well.
Trust, again.

That is some of the worst advice I have ever read. Trusting someone does not give one knowledge that they are worthy of trust. A lot of people have gotten horribly hurt trusting people who turned out to be liars who take advantage of them.

One should only trust people when one has good reason to believe they are trustworthy.

The issue of the opening post appears to be a reaction to the study of philosophy, where they now feel uncertain of everything. Well, absolute certainty is hard to come by in most things (unless one is a fool who believes beyond the evidence), but that does not mean that one does not have sufficient evidence that it becomes reasonable to believe something. As in the case of one's family loving one, usually, one has a good deal of evidence to work with, and one can come to a reasonable conclusion about it, one way or another. Of course, there can be cases where the evidence is so mixed that one is not sure, but in that case, it is wise to not trust them.
"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence." - David Hume
evolution

Post by evolution »

Jack D Ripper wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 12:13 am
Joker2510 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 11:33 am After getting into philosophy, I started questioning almost everything that showed up in my mind. The problem is I started questioning if my family and my friends love me. I mean, I do feel like they love, but I just don't see how I can be sure. I know I love them because I feel the love. But how can I be certain they're not just lying to me and acting really well. The idea of them having lied to me this whole time sounds absurd, but I just don't see how to logically exclude that possibility. I frequently feel sad and unmotivated to do things because of this doubt. This also affects me when it comes to being sure if someone is lying or not. If I hear a clearly contradictory statement, then, yeah, I can tell someone's lying. However, when it comes to their subjective view of things, I just don't know how to be sure they're being honest. I do get the feeling someone is lying or saying the truth, but I just can't say I'm certain. What can I do to change this? Do I just have to assume people are being honest or dishonest? I'd be really grateful for any attempt to help me. :(
Let's do a thought experiment. Let us imagine that the following is actually possible. Suppose that these people are just pretending that they love you, but do not really do so, but always act like they do. So they never say anything bad about you behind your back, they are nice to you in your presence, etc.

Let us now imagine a second idea, again, pretending that this is actually possible. Suppose that these people really love you, but they do not act like they do. They talk about you behind your back, saying bad things about you, and when you are present, they are unkind to you and treat you just like they don't love you, etc.

Now, which of the above situations is better for you?
Neither. As dishonesty plays a part in both scenarios.

Honesty is what is best, for me. Dishonesty in any form is NOT better for me.
Jack D Ripper wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 12:13 am I could have started with this, but I will put the trite (but apt) old saying here: Actions speak louder than words. What matters is how they treat you, not what is going on in their heads.
But, if these ones are behaving in that way in the second idea, then they, obviously, do NOT really love 'you'.
Jack D Ripper wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 12:13 am You write as if what they do and what is going on in their heads is not connected in any way.
ANY pretense, trickery, or foolery is NOT connected.
Jack D Ripper wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 12:13 am The way you know that someone loves you is that they consistently act like they love you.
But the word 'act' here implies or infers some sort of deceit from the outset.

Why 'act' when you could just do, or just be?
Jack D Ripper wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 12:13 am And the way that you know that they don't love you is that they don't consistently act like they love you.
Again, WHY is ANY one 'acting' here, in this 'world'?
evolution

Post by evolution »

Arjen wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 12:49 pm You're wrong. Doubting IS a judgment.
Is it X?
I doubt that, so something else, not X.

Is it X?
I am not sure, let's examine and then decide.

I can't make it clearer than this.
Doubting is saying: not that, something else. And that is a judgement.

I think that you are referring to Descartes: "Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum"?
Is it X?

I am not sure, I doubt it, but let us still examine this first, and then decide.

'Doubt' in this scenarios is NOT saying; "not that, something else".

'Doubting' is this scenario is NOT a judgement.

I see and understand what you are 'trying to' get at. But 'doubt' itself does NOT necessarily 'have to be' a judgement ALREADY made.

For example you could say that you went to the shop yesterday. I could doubt this, based on the actual evidence that I have so far, but I am NOT saying that this is incorrect nor wrong. I can doubt this and still wait while I examine ALL of the evidence, and then even after this remain in doubt, UNTIL thee actual PROOF comes forward, BEFORE I decide, or conclude.

See, from ALL of the evidence that I currently have, there is NO way that you could have gone to the shop yesterday. So, I can still doubt that you went to the shops yesterday. However, because there might have been five minutes, which I had NOT YET considered, where you could of stopped off at the shops on your way home from somewhere else, which, if explained to me would lessen my doubt, but still NO judgement NOR decision has been made. I in fact might remain completely OPEN forever more. NEVER making a judgement NOR decision either, but all the time while still in doubt.

Doubting, itself, is NOT, to me, saying; "not that, something else". So, doubting, to me, is NOT necessarily 'judgement' at all.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Terrapin Station wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 4:50 pm
Arjen wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 12:49 pm You're wrong. Doubting IS a judgment.
I'm not saying it isn't. I said it's not a denial of P. If someone says "A UFO crashed at Roswell" and you consider it and say, "I'm not committing to either 'A UFO crashed at Roswell' or 'A UFO did not crash at Roswell' until we have more information, because either could be the case," then you're making a judgment about "A UFO crashed at Roswell." (Namely that you'd need more info to say either way--you're doubting that it's true.)
If you are going to propose this last bit in brackets and present it correctly, then you would also have to write that you are speaking for 'you' only here. As for some one else they may doubt that it is untrue. So, to write what you did here more correctly, then you would have to add that; "you are doubting that it is untrue", as well.
evolution

Post by evolution »

Arjen wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 5:23 pm I understood. You are using the word doubting in a different way. However, that is not what is equal to postponing judgment. Look at it **** this:
4) i say I doubt it.

Predicating = naming

Does that clarify?
2) If you can NOT identify what the flying object is, then 'it' is, irrefutably, obviously a UFO.
3) 'Rejecting' an idea is NOT the same as 'doubting' an idea, which is more or less what you are 'trying to' do here.
4) Why say you "doubt it" if what you really mean is you "reject it"?
evolution

Post by evolution »

Jack D Ripper wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 11:30 pm
evolution wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 10:48 pm

Trust, again.

That is some of the worst advice I have ever read.
Okay.
Jack D Ripper wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 11:30 pm Trusting someone does not give one knowledge that they are worthy of trust.
Are you ASSUMING, or have you JUMPED TO SOME CONCLUSION, that one just suddenly starts 'trusting' another here BEFORE actual 'trust' has been earned?

You seriously could NOT be ASSUMING that this is what I meant, could you?

I did, after all, write and use the words; 'IF you trust them enough', which OBVIOUSLY means ALREADY.

And, you do NOT ALREADY trust some one IF they have NOT ALREADY yet shown NOR proven to be 'trustworthy', correct?

Or, do you actually start trusting people BEFORE they are PROVEN to be trustworthy?

If you do NOT, then WHY would you START ASSUMING I am suggesting this? What in what I have ACTUALLY WRITTEN could even be construed as meaning this?
Jack D Ripper wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 11:30 pm A lot of people have gotten horribly hurt trusting people who turned out to be liars who take advantage of them.
So, WHY did you even go down this line of thinking?

There OBVIOUSLY is NOTHING in what I wrote that would even suggest nor imply this, let alone is suggesting nor saying to do this.
Jack D Ripper wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 11:30 pm One should only trust people when one has good reason to believe they are trustworthy.
Which is EXACTLY what I was saying. So, your statement; "That is some of the worst advice I have ever read." is so far off track it never ceases to amaze me how quick and easily this can occur.
Jack D Ripper wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 11:30 pm The issue of the opening post appears to be a reaction to the study of philosophy, where they now feel uncertain of everything.
This is EXACTLY what I took from it as well. The first sentence; After getting into philosophy, I started questioning almost everything that showed up in my mind. in the opening post seems to make this QUITE CLEAR.
Jack D Ripper wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 11:30 pm Well, absolute certainty is hard to come by in most things (unless one is a fool who believes beyond the evidence), but that does not mean that one does not have sufficient evidence that it becomes reasonable to believe something.
I find and found absolute certainty, in most things, quite easy to come by, and quite simply i will add.

The rest has NOTHING to do with what I have said, so far.
Jack D Ripper wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 11:30 pm As in the case of one's family loving one, usually, one has a good deal of evidence to work with,
And what is that 'evidence', exactly?
Jack D Ripper wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 11:30 pm and one can come to a reasonable conclusion about it, one way or another.
If you say so.

What conclusion have you arrived at?

And what ACTUAL 'evidence' do you have for this conclusion?
Jack D Ripper wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 11:30 pm Of course, there can be cases where the evidence is so mixed that one is not sure, but in that case, it is wise to not trust them.
WHY trust ANY one who has lied, to you?
Arjen
Favorite Philosopher: Immanuel Kant

Post by Arjen »

Terrapin Station wrote: No, that didn't clarify anything. You're not simply naming something when you're skeptical.
That is exactly my point.
Skepticism is postponing judgment. While naming is a form of judging (ambiguous terminology) that is not what is not done. Your doubting just covers up this ambiguety. The double meaning of judging is where your unclarity lies.

evolution I am trying to explain the issues with words and seperating meaning. The term UFO was chosen for fun, not as a topic to debate.
The saying that what is true in theory is not always true in practice, means that the theory is wrong!
~Immanuel Kant
evolution

Post by evolution »

Arjen wrote: October 4th, 2020, 1:37 am
Terrapin Station wrote: No, that didn't clarify anything. You're not simply naming something when you're skeptical.
That is exactly my point.
Skepticism is postponing judgment. While naming is a form of judging (ambiguous terminology) that is not what is not done. Your doubting just covers up this ambiguety. The double meaning of judging is where your unclarity lies.

@evolution I am trying to explain the issues with words and seperating meaning.
You may be trying to do this, but you are not being successful.
Arjen wrote: October 4th, 2020, 1:37 amThe term UFO was chosen for fun, not as a topic to debate.
No matter what you choose, you still have to present it in logical form. That is; If you really want to back up and support your previous claims.

Return to “Philosophers' Lounge”

2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
by Howard Wolk
July 2024

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side
by Thomas Richard Spradlin
June 2024

Neither Safe Nor Effective

Neither Safe Nor Effective
by Dr. Colleen Huber
May 2024

Now or Never

Now or Never
by Mary Wasche
April 2024

Meditations

Meditations
by Marcus Aurelius
March 2024

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

The In-Between: Life in the Micro

The In-Between: Life in the Micro
by Christian Espinosa
January 2024

2023 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream