Writing style

Chat about anything your heart desires here, just be civil. Factual or scientific questions about philosophy go here (e.g. "When was Socrates born?"), and so most homework help questions belong here. Note, posts in the off-topic section will not increase new members post counts. This includes the introductions and feedback sections.
Jack D Ripper

Re: Writing style

Post by Jack D Ripper »

Steve3007 wrote: November 6th, 2020, 8:45 am
Pattern-chaser wrote:It's the decision to lie ("dissemble") that bothers me. In such circumstances, I try to avoid or ignore the question, usually with great and obvious awkwardness. When that fails, and if I am pressed, I will tell the truth "as gently as possible". But for me, with my somewhat limited social skills, this invariably makes matters much worse. I'm sorry to say your bum does look quite big in that dress. And there goes another potential friend. I'm not good at this....
You just have to stop thinking of talking to people as a method for conveying factual information and think of it as method for getting an outcome that you want. Sometimes conveying factual information happens to serve that aim, but not necessarily. So, in the relatively trivial example of a wife/girlfriend/partner asking "does my bum look big in this?" don't ask yourself "what answer correctly reflects the empirical evidence?". Ask yourself: "what outcome do I want and what answer is most likely to achieve that outcome?".

Although we have been discussing this example in the stereotypical way, of what the outcome will be with each type of answer, it is important to note that that is not always the way the world works. For example, if my wife asks me how she looks in the morning, she really wants the truth because she is making sure that things are okay for going out in the world. She does not want me to lie to her. Gentle honesty is exactly what she wants, and is exactly what I provide.
"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence." - David Hume
Jack D Ripper

Post by Jack D Ripper »

Pattern-chaser wrote: November 6th, 2020, 8:07 am
Jack D Ripper wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 1:33 pm

First of all, I agree with you that one should choose option 1 on many occasions. However, very often, someone asks for an opinion, and then it can be awkward (or worse) to not respond. Then one can try to tell the truth as gently as possible, or one can dissemble, which, in some cases, would require lying (i.e., stating falsehoods), rather than just avoiding telling the truth. 3 is never courteous, obviously.
It's the decision to lie ("dissemble") that bothers me. In such circumstances, I try to avoid or ignore the question, usually with great and obvious awkwardness. When that fails, and if I am pressed, I will tell the truth "as gently as possible". But for me, with my somewhat limited social skills, this invariably makes matters much worse. I'm sorry to say your bum does look quite big in that dress. And there goes another potential friend. I'm not good at this....

Well, that is not always a bad way; I have been discussing a particular type of situation, which is not every situation.

You should simply be aware that, when you are with unreasonable people, who insist on asking questions when they do not want to hear the answer, they will likely be offended by what you say to them. The loss of such people as potential friends is not catastrophic, and may be a good thing. It is probably a good thing. Almost certainly.

With the example of someone asking how they look, sometimes they actually want the truth. My wife is that way. If she asks me how an outfit looks, how a particular blouse goes with a particular pair of trousers or skirt or whatever, she wants honesty, as she is double-checking on how the outfit looks before going out in the world. So, if you marry someone intelligent and reasonable like my wife, you will be fine with her, as far as this topic is concerned.

On the other hand, if you find yourself unwilling to lie, you probably would not want to be hiding Jews in your attic, as when the Nazis knock on your door and ask if you know where any Jews are, telling them would be a very bad thing. So you will be limited in what kind of good things you can do. (You would also want to avoid finding out and knowing which of your neighbors are hiding Jews in their attics.) Of course, it is to be hoped that you will never be in a situation where hiding Jews from Nazis is necessary, but telling the truth is not always a good thing to do. Some people do not deserve to be told the truth. Things don't have to be quite that extreme as this example, but I wanted to use an example that was unambiguous and obvious in which telling the truth gives bad results.

Furthermore, as far as this topic is concerned, I would be totally fine with you as my neighbor. I don't need my neighbors to lie to me. Gentle honesty is totally fine, and probably what I want in most, if not all, situations. So don't beat yourself up over this.
Jack D Ripper

Post by Jack D Ripper »

To add to the post above, you should notice that the failing is in others, not you. If they were what they should be, gentle honesty would not be a problem. However, given that you live in an imperfect world, you might want to consider adapting to it. Or not, as it pleases you. Just understand what the implications are for the choices you make.
Steve3007

Post by Steve3007 »

Jack D Ripper wrote:For example, if my wife asks me how she looks in the morning, she really wants the truth because she is making sure that things are okay for going out in the world. She does not want me to lie to her.
In that instance, the outcome that you want coincides with speaking the truth. So to get the outcome you want you will speak the truth.

As I said, sometimes conveying factual information happens to serve the aim of getting the outcome you want, but not necessarily.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Pattern-chaser wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 12:54 pm

OK, I'm going to come back in, because this is a subject that means a lot to me. I do so on the understanding that my views are mine, and may not be shared by ... anyone at all, except me. 😉

I think courtesy was invented to avoid dishonesty, while also avoiding ad hominem attacks. On that basis, courtesy and honesty can never be in conflict.

If we see something we think we ought to comment on, we have three options.

1. We can choose not to speak.
2. We can address the issue with courtesy, scrupulously avoiding pesonal insult.
3. We can do what many typical humans do, and state our objections in the form of provocative insults, leading (perhaps) to violence.

If the matter is important enough that not speaking (1) is unacceptable, then courtesy dictates that we choose option 2. We still speak the truth, but we do so in as neutral a manner as we can. I wonder if the examples you describe might mainly be addressed by option 1? After all, values, as you say, are often not universally accepted, and there is no point in criticising someone because they don't share your own personal value-priority structure, is there? 😉

First of all, I agree with you that one should choose option 1 on many occasions. However, very often, someone asks for an opinion, and then it can be awkward (or worse) to not respond. Then one can try to tell the truth as gently as possible, or one can dissemble, which, in some cases, would require lying (i.e., stating falsehoods), rather than just avoiding telling the truth. 3 is never courteous, obviously.

In the case of one of the examples I gave, about a meal being the most disgusting thing one ever put in one's mouth, one could say, "I did not much care for it", which is true, though is also an understatement. Usually, that is good enough, though there are occasions when someone is (how shall I say this?) almost determined to take offense. And then it will be difficult or impossible to avoid offending that someone without lying.

(I call that sort of response, of saying, "I did not much care for it" in such a situation, "gentle honesty", as opposed to being brutally honest, where someone says something like, "That was the most disgusting thing I ever put in my mouth", which is usually unnecessary to say.)

Our disagreement, then, can be seen to be relatively minor, over those cases where gentle honesty would still offend someone, and one may wish to consider the option of dishonesty, depending on the particulars involved. Normally, I prefer it if people either take option 1 or give me gentle honesty, but I am fine with the fact that there will always be people who do not like me,* as, indeed, there will always be people who don't like you no matter what you do. Some people, though, do not react well to that fact, and how one should deal with such people is the sort of question I have in mind, as one can either choose to lie or one offends them. Normally, I like to avoid such people as much as possible, as I do not like unreasonable people, who cannot handle such facts. But one does find oneself in their company occasionally, though how often depends a great deal on one's lifestyle, one's job, etc.

Your views, by the way, do not betray any hint of being autistic or unaware of the feelings of others, or any poor understanding of social niceties. But I do think you will occasionally offend someone if you give them gentle honesty, when they have asked a question. Of course, if one does not want to know the answer to a question, one ought not ask for it, but people do not follow this simple and obvious maxim.

Of course, one can be aware of such things and violate such social norms anyway, due to anger or due to a desire to express contempt for someone. Sometimes that is brought on by the other person not observing the social norms. Being rude to someone very often involves getting a rude response.

* In point of fact, there are some people whose opinions are such that I would prefer them to dislike me, as they have poor judgement and poor taste, and therefore it is more insulting to be liked by them than disliked by them.
In the world of one's opinion being asked for, isn't one option: "in my opinion, I shouldn't bring emotional grief to this nice person" and answer to accomplish this goal?
"As usual... it depends."
Jack D Ripper

Post by Jack D Ripper »

LuckyR wrote: November 6th, 2020, 6:49 pm

In the case of one of the examples I gave, about a meal being the most disgusting thing one ever put in one's mouth, one could say, "I did not much care for it", which is true, though is also an understatement. Usually, that is good enough, though there are occasions when someone is (how shall I say this?) almost determined to take offense. And then it will be difficult or impossible to avoid offending that someone without lying.

(I call that sort of response, of saying, "I did not much care for it" in such a situation, "gentle honesty", as opposed to being brutally honest, where someone says something like, "That was the most disgusting thing I ever put in my mouth", which is usually unnecessary to say.)

Our disagreement, then, can be seen to be relatively minor, over those cases where gentle honesty would still offend someone, and one may wish to consider the option of dishonesty, depending on the particulars involved. Normally, I prefer it if people either take option 1 or give me gentle honesty, but I am fine with the fact that there will always be people who do not like me,* as, indeed, there will always be people who don't like you no matter what you do. Some people, though, do not react well to that fact, and how one should deal with such people is the sort of question I have in mind, as one can either choose to lie or one offends them. Normally, I like to avoid such people as much as possible, as I do not like unreasonable people, who cannot handle such facts. But one does find oneself in their company occasionally, though how often depends a great deal on one's lifestyle, one's job, etc.

Your views, by the way, do not betray any hint of being autistic or unaware of the feelings of others, or any poor understanding of social niceties. But I do think you will occasionally offend someone if you give them gentle honesty, when they have asked a question. Of course, if one does not want to know the answer to a question, one ought not ask for it, but people do not follow this simple and obvious maxim.

Of course, one can be aware of such things and violate such social norms anyway, due to anger or due to a desire to express contempt for someone. Sometimes that is brought on by the other person not observing the social norms. Being rude to someone very often involves getting a rude response.

* In point of fact, there are some people whose opinions are such that I would prefer them to dislike me, as they have poor judgement and poor taste, and therefore it is more insulting to be liked by them than disliked by them.
In the world of one's opinion being asked for, isn't one option: "in my opinion, I shouldn't bring emotional grief to this nice person" and answer to accomplish this goal?

You seem to be mistaking my remarks for the remarks of someone else in this thread. Maybe you should reread the post you are quoting, focussing on: "...or one can dissemble, which, in some cases, would require lying (i.e., stating falsehoods), rather than just avoiding telling the truth." and "Our disagreement, then, can be seen to be relatively minor, over those cases where gentle honesty would still offend someone, and one may wish to consider the option of dishonesty, depending on the particulars involved." That seems to be the option you are suggesting that one takes.

However, I will respond anyway.

One may respond to a question as one pleases.

But when someone asks a question, that person does not get to pick the response they get. People should not be asking questions when they don't want the answer. So, I tend to have little sympathy for those who encounters a person like Pattern-chaser, who does not wish to offend, but also does not wish to lie. If Pattern-chaser chooses to gently tell them the truth, they have no right to complain, because they literally asked for it.

I also am not convinced that the person we are discussing really is a nice person, contrary to the way you present the matter. If they were really nice, they would not be asking questions to which they do not wish to hear the answer. That is quite the opposite of nice. Whether that is due to stupidity or malice will vary, but it certainly is not a nice thing to do, to ask questions when one does not want the answer.
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Pattern-chaser wrote: November 6th, 2020, 11:43 amBut I won't tell outright lies; I can't see how that could be right, for me, at least. How does dishonesty benefit anyone?
Consider the following exchange:
Does my bum look big in this?

I cannot tell a lie, yours is a very large bottom indeed. Extraordinarily large, in fact. You really should watch the calories and do more exercise.

Thank you so much for your honesty. I certainly did notice that my bum has been growing. I will take your advice.

It's only logical.

Yes, and you too have rather the pot belly from all that beer you drink. You really need to cut down your drinking to avoid myriad health problems.

That is true. I do drink too much and I have not been feeling 100% of late. You are right. I will cut back on the booze immediately.

Sensible. Okay, how about this outfit? Does this disguise my humongous derrière?

Definitely better, but I don't think any garment on the planet course disguise a backside of such proportions.

Yes *sigh*, you are probably right.

Indeed, as were you about my drinking.

Isn't it marvellous how we, as a couple, can help each other to live well?

Sure is.
The above most likely has never happened in the history of humanity.
Jack D Ripper

Post by Jack D Ripper »

Greta wrote: November 6th, 2020, 7:13 pm
Pattern-chaser wrote: November 6th, 2020, 11:43 amBut I won't tell outright lies; I can't see how that could be right, for me, at least. How does dishonesty benefit anyone?

I cannot tell a lie, yours is a very large bottom indeed. Extraordinarily large, in fact. You really should watch the calories and do more exercise.

Thank you so much for your honesty. I certainly did notice that my bum has been growing. I will take your advice.

It's only logical.

Yes, and you too have rather the pot belly from all that beer you drink. You really need to cut down your drinking to avoid myriad health problems.

That is true. I do drink too much and I have not been feeling 100% of late. You are right. I will cut back on the booze immediately.

Sensible. Okay, how about this outfit? Does this disguise my humongous derrière?

Definitely better, but I don't think any garment on the planet course disguise a backside of such proportions.

Sure is.

I think you are being unfair to Pattern-chaser. He has made it very clear he is advocating gentle honesty, not brutal honesty. And it is when someone asks a question; he is not volunteering the information without being asked for it.

So, if he follows what he has said in this thread, if someone does not want to hear that they have a fat ass, they won't from him, as long as they don't ask him about it. And if they do, then they literally asked for it.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Jack D Ripper wrote: November 6th, 2020, 7:10 pm
LuckyR wrote: November 6th, 2020, 6:49 pm

You seem to be mistaking my remarks for the remarks of someone else in this thread. Maybe you should reread the post you are quoting, focussing on: "...or one can dissemble, which, in some cases, would require lying (i.e., stating falsehoods), rather than just avoiding telling the truth." and "Our disagreement, then, can be seen to be relatively minor, over those cases where gentle honesty would still offend someone, and one may wish to consider the option of dishonesty, depending on the particulars involved." That seems to be the option you are suggesting that one takes.

However, I will respond anyway.

One may respond to a question as one pleases.

But when someone asks a question, that person does not get to pick the response they get. People should not be asking questions when they don't want the answer. So, I tend to have little sympathy for those who encounters a person like Pattern-chaser, who does not wish to offend, but also does not wish to lie. If Pattern-chaser chooses to gently tell them the truth, they have no right to complain, because they literally asked for it.

I also am not convinced that the person we are discussing really is a nice person, contrary to the way you present the matter. If they were really nice, they would not be asking questions to which they do not wish to hear the answer. That is quite the opposite of nice. Whether that is due to stupidity or malice will vary, but it certainly is not a nice thing to do, to ask questions when one does not want the answer.
In my opinion it is best not to consider the question without also considering the questioner. That is, I don't answer "questions" in the abstract, rather I converse with individuals who happen to ask questions as part of the overall conversation. Thus while the "truth" exists (also in the abstract) it is subordinate to the overall content (verbal and non verbal) of the communication.
"As usual... it depends."
Sy Borg
Site Admin

Post by Sy Borg »

Jack D Ripper wrote: November 6th, 2020, 8:14 pm I think you are being unfair to Pattern-chaser. He has made it very clear he is advocating gentle honesty, not brutal honesty. And it is when someone asks a question; he is not volunteering the information without being asked for it.

So, if he follows what he has said in this thread, if someone does not want to hear that they have a fat ass, they won't from him, as long as they don't ask him about it. And if they do, then they literally asked for it.
The line you draw is an indistinct one, which is to be expected. How much lying is acceptable? That depends on who you ask and the circumstances.

But that is not my point. The idea was not to stand in judgement of lying but to point out how habitual and usual it is. That's why Trump gets away with outrageous lying - because the language does not formally distinguish between small and large lies. The problem is that they are all lies in the English language - from "No, your bum looks fine" to "Hilary is part of a cabal that eats children". A person can be called a "liar" for a single lie or a lifetime of habitual lying.

I am not sure how this can be properly parsed in the public conversation, especially with so much sidelining today of the one objective thing we had: science.
creation

Post by creation »

Greta wrote: November 6th, 2020, 9:42 pm
Jack D Ripper wrote: November 6th, 2020, 8:14 pm I think you are being unfair to Pattern-chaser. He has made it very clear he is advocating gentle honesty, not brutal honesty. And it is when someone asks a question; he is not volunteering the information without being asked for it.

The line you draw is an indistinct one, which is to be expected. How much lying is acceptable?
NONE, of course. There is absolutely NO reasonable reason to lie about ANY thing.
Greta wrote: November 6th, 2020, 9:42 pm That depends on who you ask and the circumstances.

But that is not my point. The idea was not to stand in judgement of lying but to point out how habitual and usual it is. That's why Trump gets away with outrageous lying - because the language does not formally distinguish between small and large lies.
But that 'one', known as "trump", does NOT get away with outrageous lying because of the reasons you have provided here. That 'one' gets away with outrageous lying because, as all dictators are, they do not allow any one else to challenge them.

The process of becoming a dictator and forming a dictatorship is not an instant one. The process of forming a perceived "fake news" so that they can and will only allow one source of "news" and the forming a fear among "others" so that NO one will challenge their, OBVIOUSLY, 'outrageous lies' is a gradual process but this is WHY that one called "trump" gets away with so MANY 'BLATANT LIES', no matter how outrageous they are.

ALL lies are lies and which ALL should be challenged and brought to the fore front.
Greta wrote: November 6th, 2020, 9:42 pm The problem is that they are all lies in the English language - from "No, your bum looks fine" to "Hilary is part of a cabal that eats children". A person can be called a "liar" for a single lie or a lifetime of habitual lying.

I am not sure how this can be properly parsed in the public conversation, especially with so much sidelining today of the one objective thing we had: science.
But 'science', itself, does NOT necessarily decide what is a lie and what is not. If not ALL Truths and falsehoods, then nearly ALL, can be RECOGNIZED and SEEN, almost immediately.

Science does NOT actually look at what IS True and Real. Through a process called "science" human beings just study 'that' what IS NOT YET KNOWN. Science, itself, is essentially just an ASSUMPTION or a GUESS about what could be true and real.

Although what IS actually True and Real is ALREADY KNOWN, by some, there are "others" who spend, and waste, their life times looking and searching, through a scientific process, for these ALREADY KNOWN answers.

'Science', itself, is NOT 'objective'. Only human beings can be 'objective', or NOT.
creation

Post by creation »

Jack D Ripper wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 12:36 pm
Pattern-chaser wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 9:30 am... Your questions centre on social communication, and I'm autistic, which impacts heavily on my abilities in this area (I have none). ...

If you have none, then there are people who have less than none. If I were compiling a list of people who know nothing about social communication, I would not have been thinking about you at all. You seem like a total amateur at failing to appreciate the social niceties, particularly compared with others who I will not name, as that would likely go against forum rules, and I have no wish to stir up those people or engage with them in conversation.
What are 'you' REALLY afraid of here?
Jack D Ripper wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 12:36 pm So, if you are very autistic (which, I am aware, is going beyond your claim), you must be putting some effort into trying to conform to the social norms. And you seem to be doing a pretty good job of it, judging from my limited exposure to your posts.
creation

Post by creation »

BUT this exchange is NOT answering the ACTUAL CLARIFYING QUESTION ASKED.
Greta wrote: November 6th, 2020, 7:13 pm Thank you so much for your honesty. I certainly did notice that my bum has been growing. I will take your advice.
Some human beings, in this day and age when this is being written, put a lot of effort in making their bums look BIGGER.

So that when they ask, "Does my bum look big in this?", then they HOPE that it does.
Greta wrote: November 6th, 2020, 7:13 pm It's only logical.
The 'advice' provided, was NOT what was being asked for.

That was just added to help in backing up some already held BELIEF.
Greta wrote: November 6th, 2020, 7:13 pm Yes, and you too have rather the pot belly from all that beer you drink. You really need to cut down your drinking to avoid myriad health problems.

Sure is.
creation

Post by creation »

Steve3007 wrote: November 6th, 2020, 8:45 am
Pattern-chaser wrote:It's the decision to lie ("dissemble") that bothers me. In such circumstances, I try to avoid or ignore the question, usually with great and obvious awkwardness. When that fails, and if I am pressed, I will tell the truth "as gently as possible". But for me, with my somewhat limited social skills, this invariably makes matters much worse. I'm sorry to say your bum does look quite big in that dress. And there goes another potential friend. I'm not good at this....
You just have to stop thinking of talking to people as a method for conveying factual information and think of it as method for getting an outcome that you want. Sometimes conveying factual information happens to serve that aim, but not necessarily. So, in the relatively trivial example of a wife/girlfriend/partner asking "does my bum look big in this?" don't ask yourself "what answer correctly reflects the empirical evidence?". Ask yourself: "what outcome do I want and what answer is most likely to achieve that outcome?".
WHY NOT just tell thee Truth INSTEAD?

I find it extremely AMUSING that adult human beings do NOT consider this one.

Also, if an adult human being asks a question like this and can NOT recognize NOR see what thee ACTUAL Truth IS, then they REALLY do have a long way to go.

By the way, Life, Itself, is NOT about getting what 'you' can from out of It. If the outcome that 'you' WANT is NOT the same as for EVERY one, then there is NO WONDER WHY ALL of 'you' adult human beings BELIEVE that 'you' 'have to' LIE to each other.
creation

Post by creation »

Pattern-chaser wrote: November 6th, 2020, 11:43 am
Steve3007 wrote: November 6th, 2020, 11:08 am

I wouldn't call it doublethink. Doublethink, as described by Orwell, is holding two opposing views in the mind at once and believing both of them. My proposition wasn't about believing anything. It was simply about how we view the primary purpose of things we say to others.

Yes.

Yes. They're particularly good at it.

Yes, you're probably right, which is why my suggestion was really a tongue-in-cheek way to discuss the idea without necessarily endorsing it as such.
I think it's correct to say that skilled social communicators can plot a course through these difficult matters as they arise.
But these people are NOT 'skilled social communicators'. This can be EVIDENCED and PROVEN just by listening to them. They have just learned how to be good at manipulating SOME others to get what they want.
Pattern-chaser wrote: November 6th, 2020, 11:43 am I can even see what they're doing, as they do it, and maybe admire their skill.
Do you REALLY admire people who manipulate and use others to get what they want from them?
Pattern-chaser wrote: November 6th, 2020, 11:43 am But emulate it? 'Fraid not.
Good.
Pattern-chaser wrote: November 6th, 2020, 11:43 am But I won't tell outright lies; I can't see how that could be right, for me, at least. How does dishonesty benefit anyone?
Dishonesty does NOT benefit ANY one.

Honesty, however, benefits EVERY one.

Return to “Philosophers' Lounge”

2023/2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream