The tit-for-tat trade between man and woman

Chat about anything your heart desires here, just be civil. Factual or scientific questions about philosophy go here (e.g. "When was Socrates born?"), and so most homework help questions belong here. Note, posts in the off-topic section will not increase new members post counts. This includes the introductions and feedback sections.
heracleitos

The tit-for-tat trade between man and woman

Post by heracleitos »

What does a man want out of a long-term "arrangement" with a woman?

Answer: first and foremost, he wants a reliable source of sexual tension relief. He may vaguely want more. We can safely group all of that under the term "very little".

What does a woman want?

Answer: Since women are fantastically good at lying to themselves about they really want -- they really believe their own delusions -- they will never admit that what they actually want, is essentially: financial tension relief. She may want more. We can safely call that "very little".

So, now we have a recurring tit-for-tat business. If you keep giving me what I want, I will keep giving you what you want.

This business is actually quite important, because as a -- sometimes even unwanted -- side effect, we end up reproducing.

When does the protocol fail?

When the woman does not experience financial tension, because she is from a wealthy background or because she makes ample money by herself, the only thing that she is getting out of the arrangement, is the aforementioned "very little".

Of course, initial infatuation, as well as biochemical pair bonding ("love") will in vain try to keep things together. It will work until it doesn't anymore.

High levels of income in a geographical area, devalue what the man brings to the table without devaluing what the woman brings. Thetefore, the easier that the money is to get by, the higher the divorce rate, obviously mostly initiated by women.

Once you understand this principle, the optimal strategy for a man is rather simple: Make sure to make good money, and then move to an area where there is almost no money. Instead of you queueing, "It is not your girl, it is just your turn", it is the girls who will be queueing.

From personal experience, I can testify that the game-theoretical results for this strategy are incredibly stable. The equilibrium result never include the woman cutting herself off from the money you give her or renouncing access to financial tension relief.

Is she happy? Well, since her happiness is the result of staunchly believing in her own delusions, yes she is happy, because a woman is happy when she systematically lies to herself that she is.
Alias
Favorite Philosopher: Terry Pratchett

Re: The tit-for-tat trade between man and woman

Post by Alias »

You really have no frickin clue about relationships.
Those who can induce you to believe absurdities can induce you to commit atrocities. - Voltaire
heracleitos

Post by heracleitos »

Alias wrote: September 15th, 2022, 12:52 am You really have no frickin clue about relationships.
You are obviously a woman. A man would never say a thing like that. You see, women always end up telling on themselves.

By the way, the proof is always in the pudding.

It is not hard for me to keep women. I've got as many in my pocket as I want, and a bit like birds, they keep eating peanuts out of my hand, some even for decades in a row. Did you manage to keep a man? If yes, where is your man?

Talk is cheap. Show me your results!
Gee

Post by Gee »

heracleitos wrote: September 15th, 2022, 1:03 am
Alias wrote: September 15th, 2022, 12:52 am You really have no frickin clue about relationships.
You are obviously a woman. A man would never say a thing like that. You see, women always end up telling on themselves.
I am afraid that I either have to agree with Alias, OR you are not talking about relationships in this thread. Relationships would include friendships, relatives, brothers, parents and children, etc., which would not necessarily follow the motivations that you have explained in your post. So do you think that all relationships follow along similar lines, or just male/female relationships, which might indicate that you are a little sexist, or maybe homosexual?
heracleitos wrote: September 15th, 2022, 1:03 am It is not hard for me to keep women. I've got as many in my pocket as I want, and a bit like birds, they keep eating peanuts out of my hand, some even for decades in a row.
Are you sure that you are keeping the women, or is it more true that they are keeping their "peanut" guy?

Gee
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Not entirely true. He admits he gets his relationship information from the "manosphere", so it isn't about a lack of "clues", it's about the source of the "clues".
"As usual... it depends."
heracleitos

Post by heracleitos »

LuckyR wrote: September 15th, 2022, 3:21 am Not entirely true. He admits he gets his relationship information from the "manosphere"
Let's admit that there is clearly some genius to Andrew Tate's approach to things.

He has trivially managed to earn several dozens of millions of dollars by damaging and even destroying decades and trillions of dollars of investments in feminist propaganda. The official narrative has completely collapsed over the summer! No man believes the feminist bullsh.i.t any more!

Furthermore, the corporate social media platforms clearly did not manage to ban him. I keep running into Andrew Tate's new clips on the "Fresh & Fit" podcast almost every day.

Andrew Tate is certainly a bit like Vladimir Putin.

By cutting a bit of his supplies to the 20 billion dollar natural-gas market, Putin is about to obliterate and annihilate the entire multi-trillion dollar economy of the European Union. Furthermore, Vladimir's Gazprom has made an extra100 billion dollars by doing that. All that Gazprom needed to do was to create a fake oil like in the NS1 gas pipeline! Isn't that pure genius?

So, yes, the manosphere is now doing pretty much the same as the Russian Federation, i.e. popping multi-trillion dollar bubbles with some microscopic needle, while making truckloads of cash in the process. Pure genius!
chewybrian
Favorite Philosopher: Epictetus

Post by chewybrian »

heracleitos wrote: September 15th, 2022, 5:48 am
LuckyR wrote: September 15th, 2022, 3:21 am Not entirely true. He admits he gets his relationship information from the "manosphere"
Let's admit that there is clearly some genius to Andrew Tate's approach to things.

He has trivially managed to earn several dozens of millions of dollars by damaging and even destroying decades and trillions of dollars of investments in feminist propaganda. The official narrative has completely collapsed over the summer! No man believes the feminist bullsh.i.t any more!

Furthermore, the corporate social media platforms clearly did not manage to ban him. I keep running into Andrew Tate's new clips on the "Fresh & Fit" podcast almost every day.

Andrew Tate is certainly a bit like Vladimir Putin.

By cutting a bit of his supplies to the 20 billion dollar natural-gas market, Putin is about to obliterate and annihilate the entire multi-trillion dollar economy of the European Union. Furthermore, Vladimir's Gazprom has made an extra100 billion dollars by doing that. All that Gazprom needed to do was to create a fake oil like in the NS1 gas pipeline! Isn't that pure genius?

So, yes, the manosphere is now doing pretty much the same as the Russian Federation, i.e. popping multi-trillion dollar bubbles with some microscopic needle, while making truckloads of cash in the process. Pure genius!
Nothing you said seems right. Putin has badly damaged his military and his economy and united Europe and the world against him, all for no evident gain. I never heard of Andrew Tate, so perhaps I am very out of touch or, more likely, his influence is not as great as you claim. A real man values and respects women equally with men. There is no official narrative, and there is BS on all sides. Simply respecting women as equals is not 'feminist BS', and you'd have to be more specific about what you think is BS. Judging by the rest of what you said, though, I wouldn't expect much there.
"If determinism holds, then past events have conspired to cause me to hold this view--it is out of my control. Either I am right about free will, or it is not my fault that I am wrong."
heracleitos

Post by heracleitos »

chewybrian wrote: September 15th, 2022, 6:48 am Putin has badly damaged his military and his economy and united Europe and the world against him, all for no evident gain.
Google for Gazprom profits in 2022:

Gazprom makes $41.75 billion in profits in first six months, announces dividend for shareholders

A day before Gazprom shut the Nord Stream 1 gas pipeline, the Russian-state-owned company announced it had made a staggering profit of $41.75 billion, in the first six months of 2022.

Russia's Gazprom expects increase in 2022 revenue
On Tuesday, Gazprom said it made a record 2.5 trillion roubles ($41.75 billion) in net profit in the first half of 2022, with its board recommending an interim dividend after skipping its annual payout for the first time since 1998.
Of course, there are all the other oligarchs and corporations making record profits from other commodities for which the price also went through the roof. Even the Russian wheat and corn exporters are raking in the profits as if there were no tomorrow. You clearly did not do your research.

By the way, China and India staunchly support Russia. That is already half the world population. Furthermore, every other country outside the West is looking for ways to use Russia in order to unite against the West. Since the EU is a much easier target than the USA, these countries will eagerly make use of this opportunity to settle post-colonial grievances. When it comes to that, Europe is simply hated across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and South America. In terms of geopolitics, Europe has absolutely no friends there. On the contrary, these countries are more than happy to grind an axe.

Concerning the USA, now that Biden is running down his strategic petroleum reserve, he won't be able to keep the gasoline prices down for much longer. From there on, the Russian stranglehold through the prices at the gas pump will soon resume. One small mistake by the FED, and that will lead to a complete financial meltdown.
chewybrian wrote: September 15th, 2022, 6:48 am I never heard of Andrew Tate, so perhaps I am very out of touch or, more likely, his influence is not as great as you claim.
You haven't done your homework:

The story of Andrew Tate, the most Googled man on earth today

"Incredibly platformed": HasanAbi comments on Andrew Tate outranking Donald Trump and MrBeast in Google searches
chewybrian wrote: September 15th, 2022, 6:48 am A real man values and respects women equally with men.
You may want to first do your homework.

By the way, Islam respects women. That is why the religion insists that women wear a headscarf and hijab. As a matter of fact, "Islam is right about women" is a famous meme in the manosphere.The strengthening link between the manosphere and Islam is not a coincidence. Andrew Tate cheers for Islam, and short of converting himself, he praises Islam into the stratosphere. And so do I, of course.

There are many reasons why the West is hated by the rest of the world. Attempts to spread and force-feed feminism is definitely one of them. But then again, since Putin is about the eliminate the European Union as a champion of feminism -- and even as a champion of anything -- we are finally making real progress now.
Count Lucanor
Favorite Philosopher: Umberto Eco

Post by Count Lucanor »

heracleitos wrote: September 14th, 2022, 10:34 pm What does a man want out of a long-term "arrangement" with a woman?
What man? Every man in every corner of the world, in any culture, any social context, in any year in history? Or is it a man or the men from your own circle of acquaintances? The woman too?
The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct.
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
chewybrian
Favorite Philosopher: Epictetus

Post by chewybrian »

heracleitos wrote: September 15th, 2022, 10:14 am
chewybrian wrote: September 15th, 2022, 6:48 am Putin has badly damaged his military and his economy and united Europe and the world against him, all for no evident gain.
Google for Gazprom profits in 2022:

Gazprom makes $41.75 billion in profits in first six months, announces dividend for shareholders

A day before Gazprom shut the Nord Stream 1 gas pipeline, the Russian-state-owned company announced it had made a staggering profit of $41.75 billion, in the first six months of 2022.

Russia's Gazprom expects increase in 2022 revenue
On Tuesday, Gazprom said it made a record 2.5 trillion roubles ($41.75 billion) in net profit in the first half of 2022, with its board recommending an interim dividend after skipping its annual payout for the first time since 1998.
Of course, there are all the other oligarchs and corporations making record profits from other commodities for which the price also went through the roof. Even the Russian wheat and corn exporters are raking in the profits as if there were no tomorrow. You clearly did not do your research.

By the way, China and India staunchly support Russia. That is already half the world population. Furthermore, every other country outside the West is looking for ways to use Russia in order to unite against the West. Since the EU is a much easier target than the USA, these countries will eagerly make use of this opportunity to settle post-colonial grievances. When it comes to that, Europe is simply hated across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and South America. In terms of geopolitics, Europe has absolutely no friends there. On the contrary, these countries are more than happy to grind an axe.

Concerning the USA, now that Biden is running down his strategic petroleum reserve, he won't be able to keep the gasoline prices down for much longer. From there on, the Russian stranglehold through the prices at the gas pump will soon resume. One small mistake by the FED, and that will lead to a complete financial meltdown.
chewybrian wrote: September 15th, 2022, 6:48 am I never heard of Andrew Tate, so perhaps I am very out of touch or, more likely, his influence is not as great as you claim.
You haven't done your homework:

The story of Andrew Tate, the most Googled man on earth today

"Incredibly platformed": HasanAbi comments on Andrew Tate outranking Donald Trump and MrBeast in Google searches
chewybrian wrote: September 15th, 2022, 6:48 am A real man values and respects women equally with men.
You may want to first do your homework.

By the way, Islam respects women. That is why the religion insists that women wear a headscarf and hijab. As a matter of fact, "Islam is right about women" is a famous meme in the manosphere.The strengthening link between the manosphere and Islam is not a coincidence. Andrew Tate cheers for Islam, and short of converting himself, he praises Islam into the stratosphere. And so do I, of course.

There are many reasons why the West is hated by the rest of the world. Attempts to spread and force-feed feminism is definitely one of them. But then again, since Putin is about the eliminate the European Union as a champion of feminism -- and even as a champion of anything -- we are finally making real progress now.
India abstained from condemning Russia, rather than voting against. I think they are trying to play neutral to maintain good relations with Russia. China abstained, too, though they are more clearly in Russia's corner. Having two countries on your side (in the small sense that they are not overtly against you!) is not much of a consensus, no matter how big their populations.

I certainly haven't done my homework about TikTok "influencers", and I don't seek guidance on philosophy from former kickboxers who were banned from internet platforms for hate speech. Are you seriously trying to put someone banned from TikTok for his misogyny on a pedestal as a role model for how we should treat women or understand women?

"Islam resects women"...not buying that. Respect means accepting people as they are and letting them express themselves freely as long as they are not seriously toxic or dangerous. Do you think that women showing their face at the 7-11 or wearing gym clothes to the supermarket are a threat to you or anyone else? Why would it be OK for me to wear gym clothes but not them? I may or may not agree with their choices, but respecting them clearly means letting them make their own choices within reasonable bounds.
"If determinism holds, then past events have conspired to cause me to hold this view--it is out of my control. Either I am right about free will, or it is not my fault that I am wrong."
heracleitos

Post by heracleitos »

Count Lucanor wrote: September 15th, 2022, 11:48 am
heracleitos wrote: September 14th, 2022, 10:34 pm What does a man want out of a long-term "arrangement" with a woman?
What man? Every man in every corner of the world, in any culture, any social context, in any year in history? Or is it a man or the men from your own circle of acquaintances? The woman too?
With regards to human behavior, the quantifier "all" as in "all men" or "all women" always has exceptions. Therefore, this quantifier merely signifies that the behavioral phenomenon is widespread. In that sense, it is similar but of course not exactly the same as the set-theoretical "all" quantifier.

Still, there are lots of behavioral patterns that are universal across humanity, and therefore, clearly grounded in biology. They do not depend on culture.

Quite a few claims about mating strategies are actually backed by observational studies.

In terms of epistemology, it is the notion of "observational study" that governs this subject matter, if only, because it is obviously not possible to justify claims about human behavior with experimental test reports.

But then again, the existence of a widespread behavioral phenomenon is perfectly suitable as an input for the purpose of designing game-theoretical mating strategies. It certainly leads to well-functioning heuristics.

Success in designing mating strategies is not much different from success in designing marketing and sales strategies. For example, when I make a hell of a lot of money shifting boxes of a particular product, then very few people will ask me about the theoretical backing for that success. I will simply have made a lot of money by applying the idea, and that is the only thing that they actually care about.

In terms of mating strategy, I have ended up with a sizeable rotation of very pretty, young virgins. I am clearly boxing way above my own weight and successfully shopping far outside my price range. That is what a lot of other men would also like to achieve. It is possible to do that, because there is enough for everybody.

In the manosphere, this solution strategy is called "geomaxxing".

Just make sure to have enough money, and then use your funds judiciously. In my case, it clearly all works like a charm. The proof is always in the pudding, isn't it?
heracleitos

Post by heracleitos »

chewybrian wrote: September 15th, 2022, 1:48 pm Having two countries on your side (in the small sense that they are not overtly against you!) is not much of a consensus, no matter how big their populations.
There are numerous countries who have recently applied to join BRICS, founded by Brasil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.

BRICS is rapidly turning into a global anti-western coalition led by Russia (and China).

The BRICS strategy will clearly, increasingly revolve around cutting off supplies of commodities and other raw materials from the West, augmented by an embargo of manufactured products en provenance from China. A second vector of economic attack will revolve around the destruction of the dollar and the euro, as to hyperinflate these things into oblivion.

For example, the Middle East has already committed to cutting off the European Union from their energy products, especially, oil and gas. Seriously, Saudi Arabia has already clarified that they vastly prefer to ship their oil to China.
chewybrian wrote: September 15th, 2022, 1:48 pm Are you seriously trying to put someone banned from TikTok for his misogyny on a pedestal as a role model for how we should treat women or understand women?
What about the son of that lousy carpenter, hanging from a cross, because he was arrested by the Jerusalem temple police and sentenced to death by a rabbinical court, allegedly, for the criminal offence of blasphemy?

Why should anyone right in their mind put that kind of guy "on a pedestal as a role model"? That would not make sense, would it?
chewybrian wrote: September 15th, 2022, 1:48 pm "Islam resects women"...not buying that.
Who cares? There are 1.8 billion people who do. Your opinion on the matter is obviously irrelevant.

On the other hand, when almost 2 billion people hold the Quran in one hand and a machine gun in the other, their opinion is clearly and highly relevant.

Just look at the balance sheet of the FED. It shows trillions of dollars in debt from failing to convince even just a few Afghan hill tribes into buy into the ridiculous ideology of feminism. Who else is still going to risk his life and die for that bullshi.t ideology?

This question has become increasingly relevant now that an impressive number of men in the West are cheering for Vladimir Putin, and hoping that China will soon join in, with a view on decisively sinking the western feminist state?

Ask the US Army if they can still recruit anybody. Or else, just check their numbers. Their woke LGBTQ and feminist policies are not working that well, are they? Concerning the EU countries, they do not even have an army. We will soon have to acknowledge that the opinion of people who cannot defend themselves, is simply irrelevant.
Alias
Favorite Philosopher: Terry Pratchett

Post by Alias »

Putin-schmutin; his friends will do for him pretty soon.
As to whether 'real men' are influenced by women --https://e-history.kz/en/news/show/8336/
Those who can induce you to believe absurdities can induce you to commit atrocities. - Voltaire
heracleitos

Post by heracleitos »

Alias wrote: September 15th, 2022, 11:12 pm Putin-schmutin; his friends will do for him pretty soon.
As to whether 'real men' are influenced by women --https://e-history.kz/en/news/show/8336/
Borte managed to become not just a wife and mother but a wise advisor and "voice of reason" of Genghis Khan. She raised four sons and remained Genghis Khan’s senior wife.
She seems to have been an honorable and respectable woman. This was quite often the case for traditional women. In my opinion, they were generally honorable back then.

Some women are indeed of great help to their man. I don't think that anybody doubts that. However, in my impression, this may not necessarily be the general case, especially not for modern women.

By the way, the fact that she had four sons is clear evidence that she took it to heart to provide ample sexual tension relief to her man, while accepting an ample allowance for her efforts. If she hadn't, I doubt that the great khan would have been interested in her advice either. Seriously, first things first.
Pattern-chaser
Premium Member
Favorite Philosopher: Cratylus

Post by Pattern-chaser »

I have to agree with everyone else. Your OP makes no sense, and has no use, at all. Misogynist/incel propaganda, I assume.
Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"

Return to “Philosophers' Lounge”

2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
by Howard Wolk
July 2024

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side
by Thomas Richard Spradlin
June 2024

Neither Safe Nor Effective

Neither Safe Nor Effective
by Dr. Colleen Huber
May 2024

Now or Never

Now or Never
by Mary Wasche
April 2024

Meditations

Meditations
by Marcus Aurelius
March 2024

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

The In-Between: Life in the Micro

The In-Between: Life in the Micro
by Christian Espinosa
January 2024

2023 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream