Happy New Year! The January Philosophy Book of the Month is The Runaway Species. Discuss it now.

The February Philosophy Book of the Month is The Fourth Age by Byron Reese (Nominated by RJG.)

Podcast Group

We choose one philosophical book per month to read. Then we discuss it as a group.

January 2019 Philosophy Book of the Month: The Runaway Species: How Human Creativity Remakes the World by David Eagleman and Anthony Brandt
Burning ghost

Podcast Group

Post by Burning ghost » November 23rd, 2018, 4:27 am

Rather than spending time reading books how about a Podcast Group?

If interested post here.

General plan is to post something and then I’ll give my thoughts. Others can then gove there thoughts and we can focus on the parts that interestus most and see what happens.

Podcasts, I believe, are generally easier for people to manage.
AKA badgerjelly

chewybrian
Favorite Philosopher: Epictetus

Re: Podcast Group

Post by chewybrian » November 23rd, 2018, 8:23 am

I would like to play along.

I would also add that I prefer reading to watching. So, maybe we could mix them in or have another thread to discuss short stories or very short works of philosophy. There are lots of very interesting choices that come in at 10 pages or less. I think they would usually have more substance to them than videos, though not always.

Burning ghost

Re: Podcast Group

Post by Burning ghost » November 23rd, 2018, 10:13 am

I imagine such things will branch from introducing these podcasts.

I’ll post two or three by December with some comments. If people can then add their views and reading resources great!
AKA badgerjelly