Announcement: Your votes are in! The January 2019 Philosophy Book of the Month is The Runaway Species: How Human Creativity Remakes the World by David Eagleman and Anthony Brandt.

Introduction

Please post all introductions in this forum. Tell us how you found the philosophy forums, what interests you about philosophy, and a little about you, such as your age, where you live, what you do for a living, etc.
JohnB53
New Trial Member

Introduction

Post by JohnB53 » August 1st, 2018, 9:19 am

My name is John. My interest is in Heidegger and phenomenology. I studied with FW Von Herrmann at Frieburg in Germany. I have on going interest in Heidegger's thought. I look forward to hearing from anybody with similar interest.

Fooloso4

Re: Introduction

Post by Fooloso4 » August 1st, 2018, 10:13 am

Welcome John. I would be interested in hearing about your views on Heidegger and phenomenology. There are a few threads on these subjects but they tend to lack academic rigor. I invite you to start a new topic if you prefer not to get caught up in attempting to clean up someone else’s mess.

Gertie

Re: Introduction

Post by Gertie » August 4th, 2018, 1:54 pm

Welcome :)
I'd be interested in an academic outline on phenonenology for beginners, and its implications, if you're up for it.