Happy New Year! The January Philosophy Book of the Month is The Runaway Species. Discuss it now.

The February Philosophy Book of the Month is The Fourth Age by Byron Reese (Nominated by RJG.)

Greetings/Intro/Looking Forward

Please post all introductions in this forum. Tell us how you found the philosophy forums, what interests you about philosophy, and a little about you, such as your age, where you live, what you do for a living, etc.
SteveII
New Trial Member

Greetings/Intro/Looking Forward

Post by SteveII » July 11th, 2017, 3:47 pm

I am a reasonable well educated, have several decades of life experience to draw from, and have become more interested in philosophy in the past couple of years. I am looking to increase my understanding on a variety of topics, hone my writing/articulation skills, and participate in reasonable dialog.

I am married, have 5 children (youngest 18), always employed, love power tools, and enjoy sailing. If you insist on more information, I prefer the Oxford comma and that 'okay' be spelled out. :D

I look forward to getting to know you all and participating.

Steve3007
Favorite Philosopher: Eratosthenes

Re: Greetings/Intro/Looking Forward

Post by Steve3007 » July 14th, 2017, 7:56 am

Welcome Steve. I have now googled "Oxford Comma" (as distinct from the Oxford Coma, which comes directly after the Oxford pub crawl) and learned something new. So thanks for that.

I think I prefer not to use the Oxford comma and to omit the last comma in a list. But I hope we won't come to blows over it.